ttc #1 - handy tips please :0)

I have registered at a surgery down my road where the community midwives are so I will be making my 31week app there. I saw a mw at a hospital today so first time I saw her.

Do you get headaches with the low iron? Mw mentioned today that I maybe getting headaches because of low iron. I'm having the glucose test tomorrow which they test iron anyways so if any probs I will find out then. Ooh exciting, will they book you for csection then ? Ahh hopefully the veins show this time.

Yes they said this fundal height measurements only started 2 years ago and 40% of women have to go for growth scans because they measure small or big and then it's nothing. As long as he is measuring fine on ultrascan I'm happy :) nope I didn't get any pictures :( Do you think they will have it on the system? If I ring in and ask for them to send it along with my report ?

Ahh does he do a full day at preschool ? You have had a productive day! Well done you haha

She really should of advised me, she was abit dopey!

Arghhhh im so annoyed! I wrote a big reply & swiped my phone screen too much & whipped off the BnB page & lost the lot :dohh: pfft!!

Haha boys are lil chimps arent they??! So glad he was growing perfectly fine in there, was it an NHS growth scan? If so, they dont tend to keep them on file unless you ask them at the time :-/ but could always check hun.. ;)

Arhh 31wk apt will be here in notime, mine is next Thursday afternoob, Rileys at preschool :) he does 2 full days there a week, 08:45 - 15:15, he loves it! The 2 other days i work he goes to a day Nursery & has just as much fun ;)

Ooh my consultant midwife apt is next Tuesday morning & il then get my csection date booked so il update as soon as i get it eeek!

Ive just realised your weeks turn over on a Saturday same as me ha ha!

I always do that! Haha clumsiness of pregnancy!

Yes it was an NHS growth scan, I rang up and asked they said they will give me a call back. I'm really tempted to get a private scan done. I was happy how quickly I had the scan done I was so relieved to not have to wait for days, I would of been so stressed. Btw for glucose test, it's ok to drink water before?

Ah that will really benefit him when he goes to school. Omg it's scary that it will be here so quickly, a benefit of csection you can plan so much before the date and you know the actual day she will be here. Do you get to choose the date ?

I was going by my dates of last period which is 12th Aug, but got told today that I should go by the date they gave me of the first ultrascan which works out to be 13th August :)

Strange because when I was in America and I was having my scans they measured me a lot earlier like 8th but going by u.k.

Oh fx'd they may have some images on file for you :)

Yes, with the glucose test you can drink as much water as you like, i found it suppressed the hunger pains & more water means more hydrated veins so all good chick :thumbup:

I know, the benefit of csection is i can plan my Mat leave.. Only hoping she wont arrive before hand.. Scary lol! No, unfortunately Drs give you the date, but its usually the week before your due, Riley was due on a Saturday & his csection was on Monday before - 5 days earlier so im guessing she'll be around the 25th i reckon eek!! Im feeling more calm about a csection..

My god, for the last hour nearly shes been going wild in there & every 5 mins or so my belly us going rock hard & its making my stomach ferl weird, bleeurghh!!

Whens your glucose test agaib? Is it tomorrow ?

Oh good, I will be drinking lots I get hungry esp at night, got into a bad habit that I eat at night, last night me and oh went for dinner late and got a milkshake late. Milkshake was a treat though :) got the test tomorrow at 9 am. Not looking forward to waiting around for 2 hours.

Fx she stays in there until csection or would you like to give birth naturally? I think it's nice that you will be mentally prepared. I'm preparing for natural so csection will through me. You are brave to be feeling ok with it but I guess you know what it's like and probs not even that bad. Aww clever girl, nice and active :) its weird the belly goes hard.

I seem like I'm always googling things haha

Honestly she was really poking me & its was starting to hurt with the hix, was starting to think something was up & then it calmed down a lil bit .. Pheeew!

I think its no food or drink other than water after 10pm at night unless your test is super early which is good as your not waiting around long to eat Lol! Just dbl check the guidelines on the paperwork or google.. I love Google ha ha!

Tbh, the 2 hrs will go quickly, take a snack to eat straight after, magazines & a fully charged phone lol! Im sure il see a post from you saying how bored you are ha ha!

Its weird, with Riley i was nervous about the labour but got my head around it, theirs pain relief & epidurals etc.. & was actually quite upset that i never delivered him naturally but given my anxiety issues & this time its freaking me out, maybe because ive had 2 lots of surgery on my Uterus from keyhole & csection im subconsiously more panicky about it.. I say if i labour before hand il see how it goes but hoping she will be late & il get the planned csection.. I bet i labour ha ha

It's weird they move too much, we worry, then they don't move enough we still worry. I can't wait til we have them in our arms. I'm excited for when I go into labour, people think I'm crazy haha!

Haha Clairybell you are right, I'm at the hospital just had the first test done. Have to go back in two hours. I made the app at 9 am so I could get it out the way. I took a pack of quavers maybe not the best snack to have after but will get a coffee. Feel half asleep! The glucose drink was not as bad as I thought but I looked at the back and my god it has a lot of sugar in it, 50g or something!

I m sure you will be fine and if you labour before then great but if not you have your date in place. I think it's just knowing more now that you have done it with Riley. The good thing about first time mum is that you don't know what to expect. I just wouldn't want a csection because of the epidural, I have issues with my back so can't think of a needle going into my spine. Who knows what will happen on that day, if it's best for baby it's best go with it.

What happened after your csection ? Did you feel like you could be with Riley as much as natural

I just wrote a whole reply & Riley just grabbed my phone arghh!! Its wiped it!

I could throttle him today, hes really bedn pushing my buttons, ive cried 3 times, bloomin hormones!

Did they get the second lot of blood for the test ok? Hope the 2 hrs went quickly & you enjoyed your quavers hehee i love them!

Chin up :) You are just having one of them days I hope you are feeling better. Yes tbh I really thought it would be a lot worst. After I had the drink the baby went crazy was doing all sorts in there and then after the second blood test I got a tea and he must of turned I had never felt anything like it before it made me feel really funny. I got the report from yesterday's scan and all is normal and he weigh 2lbs 6oz.
I don't know how accurate that is though, I was looking at what people had said about estimate fetal weight and it's quite un accurate. The thought of him being 2lbs makes me feel better, I have got big the last 2 weeks haha

Hahaa yes she was going nuts in there after the glucose drink aswell, prods everywhere, she mustve been star jumping ha ha! Glad it went well & your growth report was all fine hun :)

Yeah, am feeling lots better now, Rileys chilled out on sofa ready for bed & ive just had a nice hot shower, washed my stress away ;)

Did it feel like he did a whole somersault in there?

Haha must be all that sugar in the drink after the fasting. I have my next mw app at 31 weeks but don't want to wait until then to get results, do I just ring my surgery or ask to speak to the mw about my results next week. I have changed surgery so don't know where the results will be sent to. Do you have any idea ?

Good to hear you are feeling better, try not to stress too much.

Yes I think he must of decided to change position but def felt like he turned his whole body, strangest feeling.

I think if the results come back as gestational diabetes a consultant will contact you, the blood results get back to the midwife i think within a couple of days of the test.. But if your eager yes call the Dr surgery :) You could try ringing both surgeries or even drop mw a text asking where they will be sent & when?..

I know shes twisted about in there sometime & my whole belly has done this american wave type thing lol it feels very weird, like my whole tummy is being turned over inside.. Bleurgh ha ha

Ok thanks for that I will give it a week then will chase it up. I have moved surgery and they have community midwives there so I will be having my first app with them at 31weeks. I might ask the mw I saw yesterday. Do you see the same mw at every app ? I need to get numbers and details at the 31wk app.

Have you done any more shopping for baby girl ?

Yeah give it a chase in a week or so :) given that your growth scan yesterday was all normal, i highly doubt you have GD :thumbup: bigger measuring babies than the gestation they are is the main one my mw said.

Ive been really lucky with Rileys pregnancy & this one, ive had the same midwife both times all the way through but quite a few surgeries have diff community ones all the way through, my mw has worked my surgery for years apparently, it was lovely when she called me to book my first apt this time as she remembered my name :hugs:

No more shopping as yet, SO will be funding me soon to go get everything haha & i showed him a Red buggy i saw in Mothercare & he said 'whatever you want babe' .. Well if thats the rule... Lol!!

I went & viewed my friends crib she was telling me about, its do cute & loads more spacious than a Moses basket, so for £40 il be having it! Mattress aswell, although your supposed to buy new ones but this is super clean, she slept in it 3 times & was never sick, im going to buy a Mattress cover/protector so that'll save some money :)

Il upload a pic! Have you buyed anything else yet? Is anyone throwing you a baby shower? I cant remember if we said about it or not? Ive not heard anything through the grapevine about one for me but my last one was a surise at 37 wks so i guess il see ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->