ttc #1 - handy tips please :0)

May try and find a place that I can see a Moses basket that has the dimples like the second pic so I can have a look.

Clairybell- just realised you only have 26 days left! Omg!!!! Not long until it's single digits :D

I go next Wednesday for my next appointment with my dr. I need some advice since this is my first child on Epidural or other pain meds. What is ya'lls opinion?

hey Srobbin!

My sil used epidural and she barely had energy to push. Took so long (20hours) because she was falling asleep because of the meds. I personally would go thru the pain and be done with it.

Hey scrobbins, I'm planning only gas and air. I fractured my spine a few years ago and an epidural in my spine makes me feel physically sick. Also I have heard that it harder to push. I would only go for epidural if I had to have a csection. That being said everyone's pain tolerance is different. I would have in mind why u ideally want and then see how it goes on the big day .

Clairey I bought this crib months ago and its the same crib that u have!

I saw someone was selling it online and it was only $30 so i got it. I love it because its cedar and so vintage looking. Still donno where i would put it because i wanna get a big crib for the nursery. I will either put it in my bedroom or in living room.

Iak, what would you use Moses basket for ? Like for the baby to sleep in ur bedroom?

Baby should be sleeping in a Moses basket or a crib like what Clairybell has got for the first couple of months as a cot is too big. It's to reduce the risk of cot death.

I was thinking to get the wooden one at one stage but I would like him downstairs during the daytime and at night in my bedroom so I don't how I will transport it up and down the stairs. So I was to get a Moses basket instead will be easier.

For my niece, i got this bassinet so she can sleep in their bedroom and she hasnt used her big crib in the nursery. For the living room we got a swing because it will be hard to transport up and down the bassinet.

Like Clairey said, those baskets look small. In 3 months they start to swing their arms and legs around so you better get something wider.

Attachments

• 81voF1YknAL._SL1500_.jpg
    81voF1YknAL._SL1500_.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 3
Arhh sorry girls! Somehow i had unsubscribed?! How rude of me! I'l reply at some point in the day as i gotta get up for work uhhh!! Going to wuickly look at posted pics though as cant see these on my works PC :)

Hope all is well xx

Hey gals :wave:

Uhhh busy sloooow work day of which every 5 mins my computer crashed grrr! Very frustrating!

srobbins im going to see how it goes with Gas & Air, ive never had an Epidural but i had a Spinal block when i had planned csection with Riley, id preger to have that again as not keen on epidural with having a tube in my back :-/ .. Spinal blocks are only usually given when your getting really close or csection if you have nothing in place, its a numbing injection into the back no tube & after 2-3 hrs you start getting feeling back :thumbup: id prefer that but noone kniws until their labour is underway i guess.. Are you thinking numbing straight away?

Only thing that scares me also about epi or spinal for labour is more chance of intervention/assisted birth eek! Its completely individual choice & il probs give in when im in pain as my threshold is rubbish Lol! I wouldnt want drugs that make me feel off my face though haha!

I we t out yesterday & buyed loadsa baby bits, couple bits for hospital bag like nice new loose clothing, have ordered some bits on Amazon, got the matress for crib, need to order carseat now :) feeling more organised! Yay!

Clairybell, pleased you are feeling more organised now. Getting near now.
Before you know it, you will be giving birth. Ahhhh so much to do before then.
We have a carpet cleaner coming on Friday so after that I will be sorting things and ordering!!

Uhhh busy sloooow work day of which every 5 mins my computer crashed grrr! Very frustrating!

srobbins im going to see how it goes with Gas & Air, ive never had an Epidural but i had a Spinal block when i had planned csection with Riley, id preger to have that again as not keen on epidural with having a tube in my back :-/ .. Spinal blocks are only usually given when your getting really close or csection if you have nothing in place, its a numbing injection into the back no tube & after 2-3 hrs you start getting feeling back :thumbup: id prefer that but noone kniws until their labour is underway i guess.. Are you thinking numbing straight away?

Only thing that scares me also about epi or spinal for labour is more chance of intervention/assisted birth eek! Its completely individual choice & il probs give in when im in pain as my threshold is rubbish Lol! I wouldnt want drugs that make me feel off my face though haha!

I we t out yesterday & buyed loadsa baby bits, couple bits for hospital bag like nice new loose clothing, have ordered some bits on Amazon, got the matress for crib, need to order carseat now :) feeling more organised! Yay!

Yes I know the thought of Epi scares me! I guess I will just play it by ear and see how it goes... I don't think we have the option of air and gas here in the states. I will have to ask about that. lol

Yes I know the thought of Epi scares me! I guess I will just play it by ear and see how it goes... I don't think we have the option of air and gas here in the states. I will have to ask about that. lol

Gas is available in states

Gas & Air should be freely available in all labour & delivery rooms :thumbup:

Golden I only felt nauseous, no sickness really except a couple of times. It won't kick in yet, still abit early some people get it from day one, others get it later. Some don't get any sickness.

When is your scan ?

I had a scan today, so lovely to see baby. I'm so excited for him to arrive :D

Golden I only felt nauseous, no sickness really except a couple of times. It won't kick in yet, still abit early some people get it from day one, others get it later. Some don't get any sickness.

When is your scan ?

I had a scan today, so lovely to see baby. I'm so excited for him to arrive :D

My scan is July 14, almost a week left.

How did ur scan go? is he doing well?

Scan went well. It was a growth scan because the doctors thought he may be small but Baby is measuring fine and everything is well. I just carry small. He is 5lbs atm, you wouldn't think by looking at my belly. We are happy we got to see him for one last time before he arrives. We got some really good pictures too. He was waving and sticking out his tongue, so amazing. I really can't wait to see him now.

We had our first Anternatal class today too, so it was a very baby oriented day haha

Golden- not long at all! I feel like these weeks are flying! I bet you don't feel the same. Is your Doppler still the cupboard ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->