Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

Good idea to have the list so we can root on all our testers! :)

I am not totally sure when I will test; it will depend on when I O. For me it can range between CD14 and CD20 or so (although when I got my BFP I had O'ed on CD39, but I think it was the excitement and stress of it being our first cycle ttc that caused the delayed ovulation).

That being said, I will probably test sometime between July 13 and July 20. I guess I'll know more specifically in a couple weeks!

Side question... I finally have my first appointment with the OB/GYN on July 23 (I booked the appointment in FEBRUARY and that was the first they could give me...). If I am not pregnant then I will possibly be on AF at the time. Is that a problem? I have to admit, I have never been to one before so I don't know what she will want to do. I know at 27 years of age it seems crazy that I have never been to one, but I was not sexually active until I got married a year ago so I never figured I needed to see one (my family Dr. agreed). I feel silly to be so clueless but I don't really know what to expect. What do you think?

Karen - if it is your OB/GYN appointment, I would avoid going when you have AF as they do an examination of your cervix and all. But I guess if they cant adjust your appointment she might just do an examination of your bbs. I have never gone when I had AF so I dont know if that is ever done.

The appointment involves taking your weight, blood pressure, checking your bbs and vaginal examination with a swab for testing.

Side note - I actually used to live really close to windsor...in London, Ontario. And I am 27 too.

Thanks so much for the info!

I hope and pray I won't have AF, then. If I have to reschedule, chances are I couldn't get in for another few months, and that would be so frustrating. Well, hopefully I will have just gotten a BFP instead! :)

How neat that you lived so close! :thumbup:

Kare916, you can always use your appointment as a question answer session about fertility if you want to. I wouldn't be comfortable getting an exam during my AF.

As for posting test dates, I may be testing in July. It looks as if I may have had a delayed O. If that is the case my test date would be July 7th, but I would probably test on the 4th of July. That's my Daddy's birthday.

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with delayed O! I hope it will happen for you soon.

And thanks, I hope we can at least have some Q&A! My family doctor is so laissez-faire about this stuff ("You're so young... you're fine... you don't need to check anything out") but I am not that way at all, so I hope I can get some more detailed info. I am thinking I might want to get my progesterone levels checked, so hopefully she will write me a referral for that.

Thank you Karen, It looks as though I've ovulated. I have some concerns since this is the first time that I have charted. I do not know how long my luteal phase is. So the issue is I will be 7dpo by the time my period is to arrive.

Is my chart triphasic, or is it late ovulation? Is I'm normal???lol

Hey all.
I've decided to join all you lovely ladies in this thread. Currently on CD3 (boooo) & will be moving on to cycle number three of trying.

Goodluck everyone!!!! Xo

Good idea to have the list so we can root on all our testers! :)

I am not totally sure when I will test; it will depend on when I O. For me it can range between CD14 and CD20 or so (although when I got my BFP I had O'ed on CD39, but I think it was the excitement and stress of it being our first cycle ttc that caused the delayed ovulation).

That being said, I will probably test sometime between July 13 and July 20. I guess I'll know more specifically in a couple weeks!

Side question... I finally have my first appointment with the OB/GYN on July 23 (I booked the appointment in FEBRUARY and that was the first they could give me...). If I am not pregnant then I will possibly be on AF at the time. Is that a problem? I have to admit, I have never been to one before so I don't know what she will want to do. I know at 27 years of age it seems crazy that I have never been to one, but I was not sexually active until I got married a year ago so I never figured I needed to see one (my family Dr. agreed). I feel silly to be so clueless but I don't really know what to expect. What do you think?

Hi Karen! They can do an exam when you have your period although it isn't the optimal time. Being sexually active is only part of the reason you should get an annual or bi annual pap but if your doctor didn't see a problem then it's not so weird that you've waited!
I personally find it an extremely painful event, but I was also told I'm extremely toned and my cervix faces the floor so it's not ideal for comfort.

Its not at all embarrassing, in my opinion. OB GYN's tend to be fiery, in my experience - usually makes it a pretty funny appointment.
I think the overall experience is different depending on the doctor. I've never had my weight checked and only my Blood pressure when I wanted the pill. (Which you obviously do not want!). I've even had my entire body checked for moles at one appointment (random!!) -- all in all it's a very quick appointment and they're so open for questions and concerns.

Goodluck!

Hi ladies
May I join the group dh and I have been trying for I year had a Mc in January from my December cycle and then Mc again in May. I will be having blood work done once this cycle ends. So can I will have hormones checked and an appt with my ob gyn. Hopefully we will have our healthy happy baby soon. I will be testing July 24 hopefully.

Of course you can Future Baby G....Here is a BFP to you...

Hi ladies
May I join the group dh and I have been trying for I year had a Mc in January from my December cycle and then Mc again in May. I will be having blood work done once this cycle ends. So can I will have hormones checked and an appt with my ob gyn. Hopefully we will have our healthy happy baby soon. I will be testing July 24 hopefully.

Same test day as me. Fx!!

Welcome to the thread, hairftsher and FutureBabyG! :)

So sorry to hear about your mcs, FutureBabyG. It's so hard! Best wishes that you will get your sticky bean this time around! :hugs:

Tuamora, congrats on getting your crosshairs! From what I understand, your luteal phase does not differ much from cycle to cycle. So, let's say you ovulated a week later than usual; that would mean your period would come a week later than usual, because the LP will stay relatively constant. Since you are new to charting and don't know the length of your LP yet, I'd say you could expect a reliable test result about 2 weeks after you O'ed.

For me, I ovulate somewhere between CD14 and 20 typically, and my LP is consistently 16-18 days, so that means my AF can come anytime between about 30 to 38 days. A little annoying, but what can ya do! Before my mc they were becoming a little more predictable, though, with O on about CD16 and a 16 day LP, so I am hoping now that things are back to normal for me it will be about the same!

Good luck to all of you!!! :thumbup:

I'd love to join! The lovely AF will be coming tomorrow, so I'll be moving into our third month TTC baby #1. I'll be testing July 19th (doubt I can wait that long though haha!). Baby dust to all of us this month!!

I'm hoping I'm in the July test group! I thought I'd be June but it's CD26 and still no signs of O...very unusual for me.

I agree with you Mrs TTC about how far away mid July sounds! Funny how our perception of time changes a lot when ttc. I hope to still just enjoy each day though and not gloss over sweet blessings while waiting for BFP.

Praying for positives for all you ladies!!

I'd love to join! The lovely AF will be coming tomorrow, so I'll be moving into our third month TTC baby #1. I'll be testing July 19th (doubt I can wait that long though haha!). Baby dust to all of us this month!!

welcomes ms. ttc!! :)
this will also be my third month ttc #1. weeee. i'll be testing july 23rd, (provided AF is late, I never test before she's due).

goodluck! :thumbup:

MiaGirl- it is funny how time changes when TTC! Everything is in two week chunks of time haha! Praying for a BFP for you this month!

Hairftsher- are you doing anything differently this month? And you have LOTS of willpower to wait until AF is due to test. I'm totally jealous of your self control!

MiaGirl- it is funny how time changes when TTC! Everything is in two week chunks of time haha! Praying for a BFP for you this month!

Hairftsher- are you doing anything differently this month? And you have LOTS of willpower to wait until AF is due to test. I'm totally jealous of your self control!

mrs. ttc! my boyfriend & I have sex daily, not because we're trying to have a baby extra hard or anything, but because it's just the way that we've always been. I don't really keep track of cm or temp or anything like that, because I feel it just makes it too stressful for me.
i'm trying to get into better shape, & be active - & I've also been reading that full fat milk is really good for fertility - so I've started to incorporate that into my diet. :)

Thanks ladies. DH and i have been trying for 1 year now. We have had difficulty lining up our schedules due to work but did get positive HPT in January and may. Both ended in early miscarriages. I am currently waiting for this cycle to end so I can start my next cycle my ob gyn wants to do blood work cd 3 which I am excited about. I will have to let you know once my cycle starts when I will be testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->