Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

FutureBabyG so sorry about your mc's. That's good you're getting in to the ob gyn soon!

Hairftsher, I've never heard that about whole milk before, too bad I hate drinking milk or I'd want to try it. And I suppose if DH and I BD'd every day I wouldn't bother with temping or anything either. I'm way too tired to do that though, ha!

Question for you ladies: do you take a prenatal vitamin now when you're trying? Or just folic acid? I started prenatal vitamins but I'm not really sure if it's necessary or what. Thanks!

FutureBabyG so sorry about your mc's. That's good you're getting in to the ob gyn soon!

Hairftsher, I've never heard that about whole milk before, too bad I hate drinking milk or I'd want to try it. And I suppose if DH and I BD'd every day I wouldn't bother with temping or anything either. I'm way too tired to do that though, ha!

Question for you ladies: do you take a prenatal vitamin now when you're trying? Or just folic acid? I started prenatal vitamins but I'm not really sure if it's necessary or what. Thanks!

HAHA! I don't work & he's 5 years younger than me so lots of energy ;) / we both JUST decided to take a Multi vitamin & folicacid for me (whoops) should have been on that months ago!

Hey ladies I wanna join this positive thinking parade!;)

I'm on a couple other threads but since I don't know everybody: I'm 25 and dh is almost 25 (haha he's 10 months younger than me and dubs me a cradle robber :haha: )
I've been off bc since December and actively ttc for about 5 months - seven months in all. One mc and this cycle I'm back to normal after all that, so really hoping and wishing this is the one for us!
Dh just texted me at work tonight telling me he's so ready to have a baby and bell do anything to make it happen, only thing I suggested is that he dial back his drinking a little since that can apparently affect sperm quality. Anything else you ladies suggest he does?

Miagirl: folic acid is very important for the development in the fetus during the first few weeks, which is why it's recommended. Also omega 3 which is detrimental to both your and the baby's health :) you get it from fat fish like salmon or.you can get omega 3 supplements.

Karen - sorry to.hear about your mc :( sounds like we had a similar experience, we had just found out 3 days before it.ended. As for the ob visit, don't worry if you're on your af, they won't care :) after all their work is delivering babies and examining vaginas so they've definitely seen it all. If you're uncomfortable with it though, check if they can fit you in a little sooner. I'm sure they have cancellations!

I like the idea of a list! Ill be testing around the 15th, which is when af should show up.

Sorry about the typos I'm on my kindle lol

Welcome to the thread, Mrs. TTC, Miagirl, and Maggz! :flower:

Thank you, Maggz, for the condolences, and I am very sorry to hear what you have been through as well! I find it's so great to have this board and the wonderful people on it as a source of support and understanding. :hugs:

I do take a prenatal vitamin daily. I started taking them about a year ago when I got married, even though we didn't start ttc until 3 months back. I have trouble taking large pills so my husband found me gummy ones - they are amazing! lol. They are the VitaFusion brand. They contain DHA and folic acid along with the multivitamin.

I've also read about the benefits of dairy, for fertility but also for pregnancy, as it's extra important to have calcium at that time. I don't have a lot of dairy compared to when I was younger, so last time around when I was ttc I ate a lot of yogurt, but I find it gives me indigestion, so I'll have to try other sources. For example, I often get orange juice that is fortified with calcium and vitamin D.

Maggz, in terms of what your husband can do, things I've read are exercise and healthy diet, staying hydrated, cutting back on alcohol, and looser fitting underwear.

Happy Monday, everyone! :thumbup:

Hi all I'm coming over from the JUne thread. AF not due for another couple of days but had one too many BFN - think I need to move on and start thinking positively about the month ahead X

It's a way off but I'll be testing around the 25th July x

Hello ladies,

I'm coming over from june as well. Just waiting for AF to come any day now! I'll be testing at the end of July. Going to be a tricky cycle as DH will be out of town for work during "prime time".. but we will try to make it work.. Ive been on a prenatal vitamin for a few months now. I also recently started taking B6 as i read that it can help with implantation and tissue formation... This last month was weird.. i felt so different and had a lot of weird annoying pain to the right and left sides even after ovulation. So this month I'm going to back to Ovulation testing to make sure... Any other tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!!

Hello All You June Peoples....Thanks hairsfter for coming over, I'm still waiting to release you BFP debut...lol

Thank you, Karen for your kind words. I'm just anxious because my AF is due on Friday.

Welcome to the thread, Bowmans and _katrine_b! :flower:

It's great having so many wonderful ladies with whom to share this journey!

Forgive me if I've missed it, but do we have a compiled list of test dates for everyone? Someone mentioned that earlier and I think it would be a great idea.

I'm not sure of my test date as I don't always O on the same day, but I feel it's coming within the next week, so I will probably test sometime between July 16-23, depending on when it actually happens.

On the weekend, my husband's mom semi-jokingly told us that she wants a grandbaby for her birthday... Her birthday is July 19, and she obviously has no idea the details of my cycle, so what a happy coincidence it would be if we got a BFP in time to surprise her. :)

Over here from the June thread... I've just ovulated (I think, OH and I are only sort of trying ATM) and OH is at his parents so I doubt I'm going to be pregnant by the end of the month. Oh well, it's good to know my body is getting back to normal after being on the mini pill! I'm hoping next month - and my first full cycle is the one!!!

So yeah hello ladies :D

Welcome to the thread!!

I agree, getting familiarized with things is definitely helpful!

Best of luck to you! :thumbup:

Hello ladies,
Sorry i have been away for ages! I have been having a bad time with all this TTC business. Booking in for 21 day bloods on 4th July which is good as it feels like progress. OH decided he wanted to test himself so we bought a male home fertility kit. He did it at the weekend after less than 24 hours from last BDing and it came back negative (test shows pink as positive and dark purple as negative - was a light purple). We were both shocked as we had never thought there would be a problem. Luckily the kit came with 2 tests so we have left it 3 days (the kit recommends not BDing for 3 days before doing it) and then trying again. FX its positive and was just because we didn't wait long last time!!! Very stressful!!

However... i have gone through and made a list of all of our testing dates (on page 1). If anyone would like to be added let me know. Good luck to Tuamora, our first tester!!!

Thanks for the input about the vitamins, girls! Good stuff to know.

I'd love to say when I'm testing but I don't have a clue. I'm on CD 28 and still no O! It's never taken near this long, so maybe it's an anovulatory cycle. I just don't know how long it will last since all my cycles so far have been ovulatory. I'm very confused with my body right now, and feeling pretty bummed about it.

Hello ladies,
Sorry i have been away for ages! I have been having a bad time with all this TTC business. Booking in for 21 day bloods on 4th July which is good as it feels like progress. OH decided he wanted to test himself so we bought a male home fertility kit. He did it at the weekend after less than 24 hours from last BDing and it came back negative (test shows pink as positive and dark purple as negative - was a light purple). We were both shocked as we had never thought there would be a problem. Luckily the kit came with 2 tests so we have left it 3 days (the kit recommends not BDing for 3 days before doing it) and then trying again. FX its positive and was just because we didn't wait long last time!!! Very stressful!!

However... i have gone through and made a list of all of our testing dates (on page 1). If anyone would like to be added let me know. Good luck to Tuamora, our first tester!!!

YAY!!! I'm so excited...:happydance:

I really encourage everyone to pick up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It has changed my mindset about my body and has made me feel liberated as a woman. Every woman/couple/menstruating young lady should read this book.

Wow hanrh that is stressful but I'm sure it was just because you were too anxious to wait and test at the right time.

I've also been having a hard time the last couple of days, mainly yesterday... I'm just so fixated on this being the cycle it happens and if it doesn't I'm gonna be devastated. :( silly I know but that's how I feel at the moment.

Tuamora- I have been eyeing that book up for a while. What sort of thing does it discuss?

Maggz- I felt exactly like that last month. It is so stressful. It completely consumes your life doesn't it!! Fx this is your month!!

Just done the other test with oh. Phew- this time all was fine!!! One less thing to worry about!!

Big :hugs: to everyone!

hanrh, I'm so glad the test results were better this time around!

And thank you for making the list! I can't wait to start seeing a bunch of BFPs around here! :thumbup:

MiaGirl, I'm sorry to hear you are having delayed ovulation. It's very frustrating indeed. The first cycle we ttc, I think I was too worried about things, and the stress and excitement caused me to have delayed O as well. I didn't ovulate until CD39, when I would normally ovulate a few weeks earlier than that. What is interesting is, FF thought I'd ovulated on CD 20-something, so by that point we were just DTD for fun, and I think being able to relax more like that really helped us.

Fx'ed that it will happen for you soon! Have you been feeling very stressed?

Hi all I think I was a bit premature joining this thread yesterday as I finally got my BFP today. Wish you all the very best of luck and I can highly recommend the pineapple core ;-) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->