TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi Ladies,

quick update today - I lost my job today. I was a contractor and the company (a financial one) has been going through some hard times and they laid off 35 people today....many of them have been with the company for over 20 years too! ugh. charlie and I have some decisions to make, I hope we can swing me being a stay at home mom but we need to figure that out.

The crappy thing is trying to get a job when you are pg. I know there are jobs to protect women out there, but in this bad economy, who would hire a person who needs to work from home most days (due to other medical issues too!) and is a high risk pregnancy, and will have to go on leave in 8 or so (possibly earlier) months??? :nope:

a part of me thinks that maybe if I didn't tell my boss i would be safe - not that I blame my boss, but he told me he had to tell his boss and it went up the managers from there.

oh well.....a new chapter of my life is starting, maybe this will be the best thing that can happen to us - i'll just try to stay positive! :shrug:

NM- I am so sorry I hope that you and dh can work it out so that you can be a SAHM.

NMG - so sorry about your job :( - do you think they picked on you because you are pg or do you think your job would have gone anyway? Hoping you can get something sorted anyway :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

NMG so sorry to hear about your job :hugs: I do hope either you and your DH can work it all out for you to be a SAHM or you find a job which suits your needs :hugs:

Hi Ladies,

quick update today - I lost my job today. I was a contractor and the company (a financial one) has been going through some hard times and they laid off 35 people today....many of them have been with the company for over 20 years too! ugh. charlie and I have some decisions to make, I hope we can swing me being a stay at home mom but we need to figure that out.

The crappy thing is trying to get a job when you are pg. I know there are jobs to protect women out there, but in this bad economy, who would hire a person who needs to work from home most days (due to other medical issues too!) and is a high risk pregnancy, and will have to go on leave in 8 or so (possibly earlier) months??? :nope:

a part of me thinks that maybe if I didn't tell my boss i would be safe - not that I blame my boss, but he told me he had to tell his boss and it went up the managers from there.

oh well.....a new chapter of my life is starting, maybe this will be the best thing that can happen to us - i'll just try to stay positive! :shrug:

Ugh that so sucks honey, i am praying that you will be able to stay at home and then you can relax and enjoy not only this pg but the baby too. I love your attitude though, yea for you!!

Ladies, i am a bit sad today, i love my DH very much, but he keeps blowing me off for DTD, ok i get it, i have a way higher sex drive than he does, which is odd considering its usually the other way around, anyway, i guessed that i would be ovulating, but have been unable to get him to do anything, he just keeps telling me tomorrow, well last night was the straw that broke the camels back, he turned me down yet again, and he knows that i have been going nuts for a couple days now. I just rolled over and went to sleep, and he knew i was mad, then he says "I could be persuaded" and i said i am tired of persuading you. I feel like i am constantly hounding him, i did this with my ex too, and i am tired of feeling like a puppy looking for a pat on the head, i am done and that is what i told him, i love him very much, and i wont leave him, but i am done with chasing him, i have no idea why i am so emotional, but that is not helping either. When he left for work he was all in the mood, and i told him forget about tonight, i wont be in the mood, i dont want pitty sex, i want him to want to be with me, but i guess his cell phone is more important. Sigh........... Defiantly no babies for us, we cant even manage to DTD, and i think i ovulated last night, my left ovary was really hurting yesterday, and last night i coughed and omg i was in so much pain, it went away today, so i am assuming that i ovulated, another wasted month. Sorry to unload on you ladies, but i knew you would all understand. And WTF is up with all the emotions with me, if i just ovulated i should not be this way, the past couple days i have been so grumpy, and now today i am all weepy, same thing with the fat day this past weekend, i was all upset and in tears, ugh stupid body is going whacky!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: OMM. Maybe your DH is feeling the pressure and is worried that he will let you down or something. He obviously loves you a lot but sometimes it is so difficult to get out of men why they do things :growlmad:

:hug:

Nmg,am so so sorry Hun but maybe god has other plans for u ,hope it all works out lovely,love and prayers,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Omm,just wanted to give u a big big cyber hug,(((((((((((()))))))))))))))),so sorry u are feeling crap,I have had days just like this leading up to o and at one stage I was leaving my hubby over it ,this trying to conceive is so bloody frustrating and we can all empathise how u are feeling ,perhaps u need to sit down again and have a good talk about how u feel and how much it is all affecting you ,this is wot I had to do with dh ,hope it all works out for u ,no matter wot we are all here to support u lovely,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Ladies, i am a bit sad today, i love my DH very much, but he keeps blowing me off for DTD, ok i get it, i have a way higher sex drive than he does, which is odd considering its usually the other way around, anyway, i guessed that i would be ovulating, but have been unable to get him to do anything, he just keeps telling me tomorrow, well last night was the straw that broke the camels back, he turned me down yet again, and he knows that i have been going nuts for a couple days now. I just rolled over and went to sleep, and he knew i was mad, then he says "I could be persuaded" and i said i am tired of persuading you. I feel like i am constantly hounding him, i did this with my ex too, and i am tired of feeling like a puppy looking for a pat on the head, i am done and that is what i told him, i love him very much, and i wont leave him, but i am done with chasing him, i have no idea why i am so emotional, but that is not helping either. When he left for work he was all in the mood, and i told him forget about tonight, i wont be in the mood, i dont want pitty sex, i want him to want to be with me, but i guess his cell phone is more important. Sigh........... Defiantly no babies for us, we cant even manage to DTD, and i think i ovulated last night, my left ovary was really hurting yesterday, and last night i coughed and omg i was in so much pain, it went away today, so i am assuming that i ovulated, another wasted month. Sorry to unload on you ladies, but i knew you would all understand. And WTF is up with all the emotions with me, if i just ovulated i should not be this way, the past couple days i have been so grumpy, and now today i am all weepy, same thing with the fat day this past weekend, i was all upset and in tears, ugh stupid body is going whacky!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

My libido is slightly higher than my DH's and there are times I have felt that I have chased and/or begged for intimacy so I can empathise with how you may feel :hugs: And I get really tearful and emotional when I ovulate too :nope:

I really don't know what to say with regard to your DH but I hope you are able to talk to him about your feelings :hugs:

Oh, OMM :hugs: I'm sorry DH is being insensitive :hugs: Hopefully he'll see sense after missing out this month and get back to it next month. In the meantime, we're always here for you, so you go ahead and unload whenever you need too :flower:

View attachment 234347 This is a homemade cake that I made for the 4th....thought I would share it with you all. It is a yellow pound cake with cream cheese frosting all from scratch. sorry, if the quality of the pic is bad..I spilled a glass of wine on my lap top.....stupid, I know.

Wow! That's an amazing cake! Oh, if only you were my neighbour :winkwink: Hee! Good to have you back :hugs:

Right well that is me done for this month - O was a lot earlier than I expected at CD13 after a 30 day cycle last month so not sure when AF will turn up this month but possibly before I even get to test...anyway, we'll see. I'm out for Aug so next chance is September which seems an age away!

:dust: to all!

Good luck, Butterfly.. keeping everything crossed for you! :flower:

Hi

I am new here and 36, been quite casual about having kids but now a bit more serious. Husband in emergency services so shift worker gets a bit tricky.

AF due today but hasn't arrived, and feel really sick have done for a week with a horrid bloated feeling. I just hope it is what I hope, if not there is something seriously wrong with me!

Wish me luck everyone!

Jandin x

Hello Jandin! Ooh, fingers crossed you're heading for a BFP! :flower:

Never never I managed to add my photos but I'm using the graduates. Anyone wanna see here is the link
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...1st-graduates-come-over-179.html#post11662460

Oh, Skye, they're faaaaab!! :happydance:

Omm,just wanted to give u a big big cyber hug,(((((((((((()))))))))))))))),so sorry u are feeling crap,I have had days just like this leading up to o and at one stage I was leaving my hubby over it ,this trying to conceive is so bloody frustrating and we can all empathise how u are feeling ,perhaps u need to sit down again and have a good talk about how u feel and how much it is all affecting you ,this is wot I had to do with dh ,hope it all works out for u ,no matter wot we are all here to support u lovely,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh honey this means so much comming from you, with all that your going through you are still here to support me, you are truly an inspiration!! :hugs: What makes this worse with him is that we are not even really TTC right now, i am not sure exactly when i O i have taken a break from all of it, i just really wanted it. It really sucks because then i feel like i am not attractive enough, i know thats not the case, but you know thats how our minds work. I have to admit too that i kind of wanted it since i could feel the ovary pain so bad. The thing i dont understand is he will make all kinds of advances to me when i have af, why is it he is all in the mood when we cant do anything, but when we can he does nothing!!!! And the emotional part is driving me nuts, geeze i was talking about a Home Depot being open even though they did not have power so they could sell generators, and nobody came because they all thought the store was closed (We had really bad storms monday morning, it lasted about 20 min and at one point right after the storm there were 800,000 people without power) and i started to tear up, WTF, i am going to cry because the Home Depot was trying to sell generators!!!!

Hi ladies. Thanks for asking. We're doing well so far! :happydance: I've now reached 27wks 2dys and if she were to come now, she'd have a 90% survival rate. Of course we'd like her to go to term. :winkwink:

An update of what we did this past weekend for those who are interested:

This weekend she kicked so hard that Doug was FINALLY able to feel her kick. It was amazing watching them interact with each other. My heart just skips a beat! We also started looking for a minivan. our Santa fe isn't big enough anymore.

This friday we have our sonogram. It's been 5wks so I'm excited to see how our little Amelia is doing. Now that we've gotten this far, I'm starting to breath a bit easier. We purchased a cream colored area rug for her room and cleared it out. Next week we'll make the final payment for her furniture and it will be delivered two weeks later.

People are planning a baby shower for me. It's SO odd. I never imagined I'd get this far. It's just a blessing.

Well, that's the update for now.

That's wonderful, just reading your message is making me smile! Good luck with the sonogram and enjoy your baby shower :happydance:

Ladies, thank you all so much for being here for me, it really means so much to me to be able to vent to you and just have support, and to know that i am not the only one that this happens to. I love you all, what would i ever do without you ladies, ugh now i am going to start bawling again lol. :cry: darned hormones!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->