TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

OMM....get an electronic toy and use it in front of him! :grr:

And tonight, give Kirby the spot next to you in bed and have him sleep on the sofa! :grr:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: OMG i cracked up at this, just too funny, hmmmmm now you have given me an idea lol. And the sofa is too good for him, to the shed i say lol.

Ladies i love you all thank you for your love and support and all the hugs today, they have made me feel so much better!!! :hugs:

Padbrat, good to see you, sending you some big :hugs:

Y'all ... I am devastated for my friend. She's the one that is a week behind me and has the same fertility doc. After 3 years TTC, 2 failed IUIs, and a lot of money for IVF she finally got pg. She went for an early scan & didn't see a heartbeat. A week later, still no heartbeat. Finally, last wee she saw her baby's heartbeat, but baby was measuring a weak behind. Went back today & the baby is gone. I am gutted for her and petrified too that if something happens to my babies, I will not have the strength to deal. I know it can be done but I am almost constantly worried. I feel such guilt that I am worried. I could be dealing with a loss right now too. Anyway, I've just been crying for my friend and I don't have the right words to help her.

Y'all ... I am devastated for my friend. She's the one that is a week behind me and has the same fertility doc. After 3 years TTC, 2 failed IUIs, and a lot of money for IVF she finally got pg. She went for an early scan & didn't see a heartbeat. A week later, still no heartbeat. Finally, last wee she saw her baby's heartbeat, but baby was measuring a weak behind. Went back today & the baby is gone. I am gutted for her and petrified too that if something happens to my babies, I will not have the strength to deal. I know it can be done but I am almost constantly worried. I feel such guilt that I am worried. I could be dealing with a loss right now too. Anyway, I've just been crying for my friend and I don't have the right words to help her.

Oh honey i am so sorry to hear that, please dont worry about your little ones, you saw heartbeats right on time, her's was having an issue from the begining. Unfortunatly there is nothing you can say to her, all you can do is be there to hold her and listen to her when she needs you. :hugs:

https://www.dukesmalibu.com Dwrgi- I never even thought to do a link...here is where we had my birthday dinner. I loved the hotel, I read the history...300 years old...wow! I love Europe for that....amazing history and buildings!!! The hotel was absolutely beautiful....if I'm ever able to visit Wales...that will sure be on my list to see. The boat ride also looks so serene and beautiful!!! How fun!!! I'm doing okay. I stopped temping, opks...everything...just really needed a break. I'm really excited to hear about your ivf protocol. I know it will work out and you will be holding your baby/babies before you know it!:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: omm- hope hubby starts behaving himself very soon! Your doggie-so cute! Lava- omgoodness! I'm so very sorry for your friend. I'm so sad for her. Please try not to transfer that on yourself..you need to take good care mommy and your two lil ones...even though it's a really tough situation. MommysAngel- what jerks!!!! sorry but I don't understand why they didn't do the 3d & 4d...you want to see your baby and you have every right!!!!! I hope you can get it sorted very quickly.:hugs::hugs: (my posts are going to look funny from now on....since, I spilled a glass of wine on my laptop, my enter/return key doesn't work...we have ordered replacement parts from our friend that deals with this for a living...thank god.

Dwrgi- forgot to say we sat in the barefoot bar...there is a picture of it with the purple sunset. and drank the tropical fruity drinks!!!:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

https://www.dukesmalibu.com Dwrgi- I never even thought to do a link...here is where we had my birthday dinner. I loved the hotel, I read the history...300 years old...wow! I love Europe for that....amazing history and buildings!!! The hotel was absolutely beautiful....if I'm ever able to visit Wales...that will sure be on my list to see. The boat ride also looks so serene and beautiful!!! How fun!!! I'm doing okay. I stopped temping, opks...everything...just really needed a break. I'm really excited to hear about your ivf protocol. I know it will work out and you will be holding your baby/babies before you know it!:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: omm- hope hubby starts behaving himself very soon! Your doggie-so cute! Lava- omgoodness! I'm so very sorry for your friend. I'm so sad for her. Please try not to transfer that on yourself..you need to take good care mommy and your two lil ones...even though it's a really tough situation. MommysAngel- what jerks!!!! sorry but I don't understand why they didn't do the 3d & 4d...you want to see your baby and you have every right!!!!! I hope you can get it sorted very quickly.:hugs::hugs: (my posts are going to look funny from now on....since, I spilled a glass of wine on my laptop, my enter/return key doesn't work...we have ordered replacement parts from our friend that deals with this for a living...thank god.

Hia Luv, This looks amazing, I am dead jealous!!! :thumbup::thumbup: It looks like the place you'd imagine in a tropical resort-you are soooooooo lucky living nearby! I'm glad you had a good time! I loved the hotel we stayed at so much, that I would like to get married there next year-working on OH as he thinks we're doing it in a marquee at the castle in our village!!!

https://www.castlewales.com/coity.html

Hmmm, we'll see!!! Hope you're okay hun. I have the Headmaster in the classroom next door, so I'd better get back to my books!!!

Hello toi Everybody! Skye, I loves loves loves your bump-did you have a nice birthday??

And, OMM, hope things are better. I did wonder if Kirby was a lab or a retriever, he is absolutely gorgeous...

Lava, I'm sorry for your friend. It's hard for me to read that post as I'm about to embark on IVF myself...., and it makes me think mine will fail. It's all such a minefield and so full of possible problems. Have to be positive. Hope you're okay? Your tweenies sound as if they're coming along well!! Hope you're feeling less nauseous!!

Lots of love to you all-I'm still her!! I have writing diarrhoea!
xxxxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::flower::flower::flower:

Lava so sorry to hear about your friend :hugs: Please try not to worry about your LOs :hugs:

I'm sure just being there for your friend when she needs you is more important that the right words :hugs:

OMM...:hugs: honey and aren't they just so frustrating? I know it's hard enough TTC as it is without them being complete twazacks about it. I hope he comes to his senses and gives you some loving really soon as you are such a lovely and attractive lady :hugs:

Macwooly...:hugs: how are things going for you honey?

Tiger...hope you're doing ok too :hugs:

Luv...thanks for the congrats...glad you had a lovely birthday and the cake looked delicious :hugs:

Butterfly...hoping you have caught the eggy hun :thumbup:

MA...fabulous update :flower:

Skye...awesome bump :happydance:

Padbrat...:hugs: honey, hope you are doing ok? Thank you for my congrats too :hugs:

Purplelou...how did the birthday celebrations go? Hope you are doing ok too :hugs:

Dwrgi...hope you enjoyed your birthday celebrations and you're ok?

HA...:hugs:

FM...:hugs:

Twinkle...:hugs:

Lava...so sorry to hear of your friends sad news. It is hard trying to remain positive but you have seen your babies and their heartbeats (which are on track too) so you have a really low risk of anything happening now :hugs:

:hi: and :hugs: to anyone I have missed :wacko:

AFM...nothing going on really and time is dragging :hissy:

:hugs: and :dust: to you all

XxX

Thank you everyone for your sweet, sympathetic & encouraging words. I am sorry if it was a hard post to read, but I didnt really know who else I could tell my concerns to. My DH, who is normally very compassionate, I think is secretly scared too so he just said that I need to separate our situations. He is right, but y'all had better words.

Dwrgi,
Although my friend lost her baby after IVF, we know that happens without fertility treatment as well. They got pg with their 1st IVF and that should encourage you that it can happen on your first too. I keep trying to remind myself ... one step at a time. I am very excited about your next cycle.

Padbrat,
Thanks for checking in on us. I think of you often & wonder how you are doing so it was good to hear from you.

MA,
That was a wonderful post about Doug feeling Amelia kick. What a wonderful experience!

Butterfly,
So glad you got your DTD in before ovulation. Now you just need to sit back and try to relax.

Never,
Hope you & that sticky bean are doing ok. How are you feeling?

OMM,
I was actually composing a long post to you last night before my phone ran out of juice & powered off. I just wanted to say I can relate. Not that my sex drive is thru the roof, but it is higher than my husbands. Even before TTC, we got in fights about it b/c I got sick of initiating. Then I would stop and wait to see how long we would go before he initiated and we'd wait too long for my taste. He felt pressured & I felt undesirable. We went to see a counselor about it before we married. The issue wad tied to finances & work stress, not me or how attractive I am. We worked thru it by learning how & when to communicate about it (not in bed, when things were good btn us). Once we started TTC, we actually had more sex, but we both were frustrated by having to perform on a schedule. It's funny, but the IUIs took some of the pressure off doing it at the right time. All this to say, I know your husband loves you & thinks you are beautiful. Good luck. I know you all will work through it.

Skye,
Is your mom still with you & feeling better! Hope you had a great birthday.

Luv,
That place looks amazing! How romantic. I love the beach & the sunset!

Hi to Twinkle, FM, HA, Tiger, Purple, Macwooly, and anyone else I missed. It's almost the weekend and for me, only 1 more day until the final Harry Potter movie! ;) So excited!

Thank you everyone for your sweet, sympathetic & encouraging words. I am sorry if it was a hard post to read, but I didnt really know who else I could tell my concerns to. My DH, who is normally very compassionate, I think is secretly scared too so he just said that I need to separate our situations. He is right, but y'all had better words.

Dwrgi,
Although my friend lost her baby after IVF, we know that happens without fertility treatment as well. They got pg with their 1st IVF and that should encourage you that it can happen on your first too. I keep trying to remind myself ... one step at a time. I am very excited about your next cycle.

Padbrat,
Thanks for checking in on us. I think of you often & wonder how you are doing so it was good to hear from you.

MA,
That was a wonderful post about Doug feeling Amelia kick. What a wonderful experience!

Butterfly,
So glad you got your DTD in before ovulation. Now you just need to sit back and try to relax.

Never,
Hope you & that sticky bean are doing ok. How are you feeling?

OMM,
I was actually composing a long post to you last night before my phone ran out of juice & powered off. I just wanted to say I can relate. Not that my sex drive is thru the roof, but it is higher than my husbands. Even before TTC, we got in fights about it b/c I got sick of initiating. Then I would stop and wait to see how long we would go before he initiated and we'd wait too long for my taste. He felt pressured & I felt undesirable. We went to see a counselor about it before we married. The issue wad tied to finances & work stress, not me or how attractive I am. We worked thru it by learning how & when to communicate about it (not in bed, when things were good btn us). Once we started TTC, we actually had more sex, but we both were frustrated by having to perform on a schedule. It's funny, but the IUIs took some of the pressure off doing it at the right time. All this to say, I know your husband loves you & thinks you are beautiful. Good luck. I know you all will work through it.

Skye,
Is your mom still with you & feeling better! Hope you had a great birthday.

Luv,
That place looks amazing! How romantic. I love the beach & the sunset!

Hi to Twinkle, FM, HA, Tiger, Purple, Macwooly, and anyone else I missed. It's almost the weekend and for me, only 1 more day until the final Harry Potter movie! ;) So excited!

Honey you are so exactly right, for him most of the time its work stress that stops him, i am glad to know that i am not the only one who has this happen to me, and i laughed when you said that you would wait to see how long until he initiates it lol, i have done the same thing, and then within a short amount of time give up and seduce him again lol. We talked last night, and i think he understands what i was feeling. A big part of the problem was me too, for some reason i was so over emotional the past couple of days, we are both much better this morning. He was funny last night he kept saying "No Sex?" and i said not for a while, and he was really bummed out by it, this morning he said he was going to seduce me into having it again lol. I hate that i tell myself i wont worry about TTC and then end up doing exactly that. Even without OPK's and temping i still know what my body is doing, kind of hard to ignore that and just let it go. I do get frustrated with him that he keeps saying he wants a baby, but then does not cooperate when its that time to do it. Thankfully we are both much better today, and tonight i will probably get some loving lol.

Thank you all for the comments on my dog, he is the love of my life. Its so funny, about 6 months ago he started to get white spots on his face, they are snow white, the vet said it is probably one of his breeds comming out, he looks like he got splashed with bleach lol.

Onmymind the other thing I'm thinking is that you are a woman now hitting your sexual peak (mid thirties to fiftyish) whereas men of the same age tend to be a bit less motivated in that area, it's not your fault in any way it's just a biological fact....which is why a lot of 35+ ladies go down the "cougar" track (at least one of the reasons LOL).

Maybe after work you could do would be to get him up and moving, go for a bike ride or a walk with your lovely dog, and some exercise could get his endorphins up a bit and help him cope with his work stress and hopefully that would liven up things in the bedroom.

Omm- I'm sending lots of hugs your way!!!

MA- Way to go for not backing down. That is really horrible that you were given incorrect info all becuase the sono tech was just a miserable person. I would definately let the dr that refers you back what the tech said. You would think people would be a little more sensetive especially working in that enviroment. Ugggh!

Pad-Thanks for popping in and checking on us.

Lava- I am so sorry about you friend, I can not even begin to imagine what she must be feeling. Just let her know you are there if you need her. Take care of yourself too.

AFM- Not much going on here, I haven't had much to say lately but I am lurking.

I haven't been on here much and just seen the fab news,Congratulations lava :happydance:, aaah wee twins how fabulous.healthy and happy 9mths..

Also to the other girls who got a :bfp:

I'm on cycle 5 ttc#1

I'm on day 20 and my CBFM says high for last 8days but no peak,my peak was day 12 last mth and day 14 mth before..this is 3rd mth using CBFM..

Really think EPO and Angus castus messed up my cycle,have always been regular...

I'm 40 OH 40....

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

To everyone
xxxxxxx

never - DH's birthday waslovely thank you! :hugs:

Lava - sending you warm :hugs: as you are there for your friend. it's a horrible situation and so very sad, I'll be thinking of her. and I'll be thinking of you and those tiny twins - remember to take care of yourself!

Onmymind the other thing I'm thinking is that you are a woman now hitting your sexual peak (mid thirties to fiftyish) whereas men of the same age tend to be a bit less motivated in that area, it's not your fault in any way it's just a biological fact....which is why a lot of 35+ ladies go down the "cougar" track (at least one of the reasons LOL).

Maybe after work you could do would be to get him up and moving, go for a bike ride or a walk with your lovely dog, and some exercise could get his endorphins up a bit and help him cope with his work stress and hopefully that would liven up things in the bedroom.

LOL funny you mention that, last night i said we should go for a bike ride tonight, that might just work, to relax him. And your right, we do tend to peak much later than them, so that is part of the problem. And a big part was me getting all upset about it, today i can see things much clearer, and i feel bad, i mean we dtd friday and saturday, so i should not have been all that upset that we did not do it tues or wed, but i knew i was ovulating and that was part of what was driving me. I think i just need to be more open with him, for my DH he actually does better if i tell him i am ovulating, then he is all for it to try for a baby, if i dont say anything then he is more likely to not want to do anything. I am much better this morning, not so emotional, at least i dont feel like i am going to cry at every little thing lol. Thanks so much for your help, i really appreciate all the advice and love.:hugs:

LOL funny you mention that, last night i said we should go for a bike ride tonight, that might just work, to relax him. And your right, we do tend to peak much later than them, so that is part of the problem. And a big part was me getting all upset about it, today i can see things much clearer, and i feel bad, i mean we dtd friday and saturday, so i should not have been all that upset that we did not do it tues or wed, but i knew i was ovulating and that was part of what was driving me. I think i just need to be more open with him, for my DH he actually does better if i tell him i am ovulating, then he is all for it to try for a baby, if i dont say anything then he is more likely to not want to do anything. I am much better this morning, not so emotional, at least i dont feel like i am going to cry at every little thing lol. Thanks so much for your help, i really appreciate all the advice and love.:hugs:

No worries OMM, it's at all unusual this issue, and you don't want to have to ASK him you want him to want to get jiggy:haha: that is 100% understandable. But for sure you have the right idea, get him out of that work headspace by doing something fun that you both enjoy and he should feel more receptive to :sex:

Ooh, Northstar, that is a good point I hadn't thought of as I'm 8 years younger than DH. ;)

Goldie, love your pic! Thanks for the sweet comments. I hope that you get you're BFP soon! Glad to see you posting on here!

:huh:ok i think there is something seriously wrong with me lol, for lunch today i just ate a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich, a container of Activia cherry yogurt, and some Taco flavored Doritos lol, what a combo :haha:

:huh:ok i think there is something seriously wrong with me lol, for lunch today i just ate a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich, a container of Activia cherry yogurt, and some Taco flavored Doritos lol, what a combo :haha:

I'm alternating between loving that lunch and it making me :sick: :haha::haha:

Lava - I'm so sorry my dear about your friend :hugs: I'm sure your being a wonderful friend is exactly what she needs right now. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

DH's bday dinner was fantastic - poppy was Very good and didn't make me nauseous at all! :happydance::happydance: We had steak, mashed potatoes, roasted mushrooms and some Parmesan Truffle fries (my choice!) topped off with a piece of flourless chocolate cake! yum! After a little bit of :sex: i think i passed out in a food coma!

Although - this morning I have decided that the calcium fortified orange juice is NOT a good thing as I was ok until I had it then I felt nauseous for about 3 hours until I broke down and cracked open the saltines (but now I'm in the mood for doritos!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->