TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Sorry for such a short update, but wanted to let you know that all is ok with Furry :happydance: HB seen and measuring 7+2.

Relieved and shocked are total understatements right now.

Ladies, you are all beautiful no matter what size you are...but I'm supporting and rooting for you on your weightloss journeys too :hugs:

XxX

Never, I'm so, soooo happy for you!! :happydance:

C xx

Ok ladies well when I started SW last Monday my weight was 247.5lb and BMI was 40 and I'm 5ft 6 tall. I'm aiming eventually for 147lb but my first goal is lose 44lb for my FS referral.

At my heaviest ladies I weighed in at 294lb :blush: So none of you feel bad about your weight :hugs: I know we can all achieve our targets with each other support :thumbup:

As for AF from what I was told Monday I think I can expect her for the next few cycles until my weight drops enough for my oestrogen to dip a bit. But I'm ok with that as I just feel in my heart one day we will be blessed with a LO :)

Wooly, you and ALL the other beautiful ladies on here WILL get there and have your own little bundles. :hugs:

C xx

Welcome, Froliky - glad you found us. :hi:

Well, I got my FSH back this morning. (AMH won't be back for 5-7 days.) In April of last year my FSH was 5.75; today it is 6.2. Normal is anything less than 10. I should be happy that it's still well within the normal range, but of course I'm obsessing over a few things: I had expected it to be higher than it was last year, but what is a "normal" rise? I know the rate at which it rises speeds up dramatically as you near 40 or 41, so do I have enough time to have two kids? All these things running through my head... I have counseling and another u/s and E2 check on Monday so I'll have lots of questions at both.... Meanwhile I have to try to just let this go until then, or anxiety will ruin my weekend. I also need to focus on what's at hand - having one baby - instead of borrowing trouble and worrying about not having time to have another. (Easier said than done. :dohh: )

We have a big fun weekend ahead - free tickets to a comedy club tonight, boating/waterskiing with friends tomorrow, a WNBA (women's pro basketball) game Sunday night... so you see, I really need to let go of this anxiety until Monday! :dohh: I start stimming tomorrow, same dose as last time but with much closer monitoring and the addition of ganirelix. Fortunately we will be home from boating tomorrow in time to do my shot so I don't have to worry about injecting myself on a moving boat (!), but on Sunday I'll have to sneak it in to the basketball game and hope I can conveniently shoot up in the bathroom! :wacko:

I hope you all have big fun weekends, too. :flower:

Hello HA,

It's good to see you back on here :flower:

I know exactly what you mean, I keep worrying about having enough time to have two, when I know we have to face up to the fact that it's going to be a miracle if we are lucky enough to have one. I guess we can't help it, we all have dreams of finding the perfect man and having the perfect family.. then again, why shouldn't we, when the majority of people do?

Just reading about your weekend plans are making me feel exhausted!! Sounds like you're going to have a fab time though, the comedy club should be a hoot.

Good luck for Monday, crossing everything for you.

:hugs:

C xx

Thanks Ladies! The doctor had me go in for a pregnancy test anyway because I had some strange stuff happening and they did blood test. Results Monday. I don't think I am pregnant though. Next month we are combining IUI with home insemination. Fingers crossed!!

P.S. Hoping all of you get a BFN with no complications soon!! Baby Dust!!

Just wanted to say a huge :hi::hi::hi::hi: to all the lovely ladies on here!!!

Lots of :dust::dust: to us all I say!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome froliky! Hopeful your BFP is around the corner.

Desperado, Sorry for your loss.

HA, I don’t know anything about FSH. You seem to have a great weekend. I hope it’s been good.

AFM, Hubby and I went fishing with a bunch of family members. Unfortunately between the two of us we only caught 3 fish. Hubby caught a crab, but we threw it back because it was a female. We had a great time though, I've never been fishing out on a boat in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay. Hope everyone else is having a great weekend.

Hi Ladies, did everyone have a nice weekend?? I hope so xx

we went into birmingham on saturday night to a comedy gig - it was very funny and thad dinner in a resturant outside next to the canal - it was so warm. it was like being on holiday abroad!! (very unusual) I was super good and chose my meal for the light bites (meals under 600 calories) but it was still tasty xx now back to work again although I have a weeks holiday next week and my parents are coming to stay :) unfortuantely they are coming the week I am likely to be Oing - we will just try to do some silent :sex: lol!

big hugs and :dust: to you all

Hey purplelou - Had a great weekend.
I sure am loving this weather - proper summer for a few days!!!
I am sure you and OH will find innovative ways of :sex: while parentals are visiting.
Have fun!!

:dust:

Purplelou I hope you manage to get some silent BDing done and catch that egg :dust:

Silent :sex: make me laugh :blush:

Hope everyine is doing ok, I am trying to catch up on threads after having a few days away (well being told off for farting about with my phone all the time :haha: )

:dust: and :hugs: to each and everyone of you lovely ladies :hugs:

XxX

good morning ladies, ugh first day back to work :cry::cry::cry::cry: lol, yep its just like i rememberd it lol.

So i started on my weight loss journey, i am actually using a diet pill to help me along for a bit, its called Hydroxy Cut Max for Women, it helps me not feel so hungry, so one pill in the morning before breakfast and one before lunch, today is the first day and so far so good. I am going to go home after work and work out tonight, i am determined to lose this weight, and yea i am in the Obese area too, i hate that word too, i am so glad you ladies are joining me we can all do this, and hey if we all concentrate on getting thinner, then maybe we will all get lucky and have some surprise bfp's. Of course i think all you ladies are beautiful just as you are!!

OK gotta run, i am sneaking on here at work lol.

Hi Ladies, did everyone have a nice weekend?? I hope so xx

we went into birmingham on saturday night to a comedy gig - it was very funny and thad dinner in a resturant outside next to the canal - it was so warm. it was like being on holiday abroad!! (very unusual) I was super good and chose my meal for the light bites (meals under 600 calories) but it was still tasty xx now back to work again although I have a weeks holiday next week and my parents are coming to stay :) unfortuantely they are coming the week I am likely to be Oing - we will just try to do some silent :sex: lol!

big hugs and :dust: to you all

Good luck with the sneaky BDing :winkwink: it'll be like being a teenager again!! :haha:

C xx

Hello all
I've just looked through some of this thread, which started over a year ago, and take heart in the fact that a lot of the early posters are now either expecting or already have babies!
Let's keep it up - we all need eachother. Personally, in my life I don't know anyone in my situation (36 and TTC 1st baby) so this forum is really important to me. It's great to know you are not alone. Sometimes it is hard to find people who understand - including OHs, who sometimes seem to be in a world of their own!
xx

Onmymind - hope your first day back at work wasnt too bad.
Good luck on your weightloss journey.

Hello all,

I saw this site and read thru much of the earlier postings. I was hoping there were some recent posts of woemn 35+ who are still TTC #1.. I'm 35 and have been TTC for about 8 months now. I can relate to all of the failed P tests and the dreadful AF month after month. I thought I'd get a jump on ruling out any fertility issues so Dh and I saw a RE and ran the gaunlet of tests. (SA, HSG, Blood work). The 1st HSg came back with blocked tubes. I didn't trust the Dr or the results and later went back for a 2nd opinion. My insitincts were right! The 2nd HSG came back normal - no bloakage.. So RE says once we get to our year mark of TTC we would fall under 'unexplained' and move forward with IUI/Clomid. Much like all of you I hope to avoid that route. I wanted to ask those of you who write on this post how long you've been TTC and if you've been to a RE to rule out fertility issues. Thanks for reading. i wish all of you a BFP!

Welcome, Elodie and Knoxy! Welcome to our own little corner of the web. :hi: You most definitely are not alone!

I'm 37 (38 at the end of the month :brat:) and ttc #1 for 2 1/2 years. I hope your journeys are much shorter than mine! DH and I first saw an RE a little over a year ago after we had two miscarriages in the space of a year. After running a huge panel of recurrent miscarriage tests (which is like the standard infertility workup times 1000) and nothing showed up, he sent us off to go home and get pregnant. Six months later we hadn't gotten pregnant again, so he started us on injectables and IUI. I'm just starting my fourth medicated cycle (third IUI, though - the IUI was canceled for reasons that will only pi$$ me off if I go into them).

Knoxy, good for you on getting the second opinion on your HSG. One thing you'll see a lot of in here is encouragement to be your own advocate - ask your medical team lots and lots of questions, and if you don't understand the answers, ask again until you do. (Personally, I keep a running list of questions between appts - any time something pops into my head, I write it down so I can take that list with me and get them all answered at my next appt. If it's something that's really bothering or worrying me and I don't feel it can wait until my next appt, I don't hesitate to call my RE's office and ask.) I really don't care if I'm annoying the staff with my questions - it's their job to educate you and explain things to you in layman's terms we can all understand. It's the only way we can be an effective member of our own health care team.

Glad you ladies found us here. :flower:

Hi All! I mostly lurk here in this thread, but I wanted to stop by and give some hope to you all. I just got a :bfp: at 10 dpo (today!), and I am 38 TTC #1. This was our 4th month trying.

In case anyone is interested, this past month I used Preseed and Instead Softcups. I also added RJ/BP to my diet and started getting acupuncture treatments.

I just wanted to pass this along to give you all hope and wish you the best! Lots of :dust::dust: to you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->