TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Although I've got a good 11 years til I can qualify for this part of the forum, I just wanted to wish you girls the best luck and tons of baby dust your way!!
My aunt just had her 1st baby at 40 years old! She was told she was never going to have children because she had a fibroid in her uterus, plus a bicornuate uterus so that it would be very unlikely she could carry a baby but she did and had baby Abraham at 31 weeks into her pregnancy! Miracles happen, good luck!

Although I've got a good 11 years til I can qualify for this part of the forum, I just wanted to wish you girls the best luck and tons of baby dust your way!!
My aunt just had her 1st baby at 40 years old! She was told she was never going to have children because she had a fibroid in her uterus, plus a bicornuate uterus so that it would be very unlikely she could carry a baby but she did and had baby Abraham at 31 weeks into her pregnancy! Miracles happen, good luck!

That must have been such a happy surprise for your aunt and love the baby's name :thumbup:

Mandy thanks for sharing that story, it give us ladies hope!

Dwrgi- ITF :rofl: hilarious!!!

AFM- Thank you all for rooting for me, I hope this is our month too but if it isn't we will keep trying until we get the end result; a happy healthy baby!!!!

LOL, i was thinking the same thing, where did everybody go? I hope all of you lovely ladies are having a wonderful day!!

I'm here, but nursing a UTI. Joy to me! :growlmad: I'm on CD19, so crossing fingers over here.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'll be hanging out with the in-laws, wish me luck. :haha:

I wonder if people are on hols :shrug: How is everyone?

FM praying this is your cycle for your BFP :dust:

OMM how are you? How's the weight lose going?

Butterfly how are you?

AFM well FIL has come home this week from his 2nd stay in hospital in 3 weeks with a stroke. Thankfully he's getting stronger each day :)

Today is the anniversary of my dad's death (24 years) and my sister's death too (49 years) so I'm feeling a little emotional but each year it gets less so thankfully :)

And I'm just waiting to ovulate I hope although my temps are a little strange and could imply ovulation 2 days ago so I'm a little confused. Trust this month to be confusing when I decided not to use y CBFM :dohh:

I'm here, but nursing a UTI. Joy to me! :growlmad: I'm on CD19, so crossing fingers over here.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'll be hanging out with the in-laws, wish me luck. :haha:

Hope you recover from it soon :hugs: And good luck this weekend :)

I wonder if people are on hols :shrug: How is everyone?

FM praying this is your cycle for your BFP :dust:

OMM how are you? How's the weight lose going?

Butterfly how are you?

AFM well FIL has come home this week from his 2nd stay in hospital in 3 weeks with a stroke. Thankfully he's getting stronger each day :)

Today is the anniversary of my dad's death (24 years) and my sister's death too (49 years) so I'm feeling a little emotional but each year it gets less so thankfully :)

And I'm just waiting to ovulate I hope although my temps are a little strange and could imply ovulation 2 days ago so I'm a little confused. Trust this month to be confusing when I decided not to use y CBFM :dohh:

Weight loss is going great, and i think i have lost a couple of pounds already, i am so excited to be doing this, and its for a really good cause of getting pg lol.

I am glad to hear that your FIL is improving, make every day count with him hon, you just never know.

Big hugs to you honey, i know how you feel with the anniversary, prayers going up that your pain is eased today for you, and that maybe you will have some wonderful news very soon with this whacky cycle lol. :hugs:

Sorry about the UTI - those are never fun. And my in-laws will be here next weekend! :wacko: My FIL likes to eat spaghetti and hamburgers and not much else, and he is only capable of holding conversations about his latest bowling score and his accounting business. :argh: It's going to be a looooooonnnggggg weekend. :help: Thank God they live far enough away that we only see them a few times a year! Even DH dreads the visit - it's not just me! Just looking forward to getting that behind me.

I'm sorry it's a hard day, Mac. Tomorrow will be better. :hugs: GL with the CBFM. :wacko:

Butterfly, didn't you have day 3 bloods done recently? Any results yet?

AFM, been lurking for a bit. I'm just in a funk. This treatment cycle has me in a state of high anxiety, given that the last one was such a disaster. So far everything's looking ok but not great - right now I have two good follies and two little ones that the RE is hoping will catch up. The ganirelix will prevent ovulation before the trigger so I know that won't be an issue again this time, but my E2 is lower than it should be so I'm just not very encouraged at this point. I just know with DH's low morphology, two eggs isn't going to cut it. I'd be much happier with three or four, so I really need those two little ones to catch up in order for me to think there's any chance this month. I'm still stimming, and it looks like the IUI will be on Monday or Tuesday.

My other concern is my long-term outlook... on Wed I got my AMH results back, and like this cycle, it's ok but not great. All this time I've taken great comfort in the fact that my FSH is great for my age (6.2), but now I know my AMH is 2... RE says anything over 2 is good, between 1-2 is reason for concern that my ovarian reserve is starting to decline, and that 1 or less is when he gets very concerned about the odds of success.... He explained that AMH provides a better long-term indication of ovarian reserve, whereas FSH is a more short-term indicator. So needless to say that was very upsetting news, and it's making me dread my birthday at the end of the month that much more.... I'm starting to think more seriously about moving to IVF in the hopes that we could have some embryos to freeze and use later to have a second child without having to worry about my age so much....

So here I sit, not very optimistic about this cycle and not very optimistic about our long-term chances. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

We were supposed to go to an outdoor concert this evening, but it is now pouring down rain (for the first time in over a month) so I think we'll be staying home. I hope you all have a great weekend, though!

I'm here but it's been a really really long day today - started work at 8 this morning + not long been home. I'm a bridesmaid tomorrow so will check in with you all on Sunday xx

Hi all! i am here too! i was wondering why it was so quiet over here. what exactly is "AMH"? not sure my dr has ever tested that before.

Hi all! i am here too! i was wondering why it was so quiet over here. what exactly is "AMH"? not sure my dr has ever tested that before.

AMH = Anti-Muellerian Hormone. Unfortunately just about everything else I know about it is in my previous post. :shrug: But a quick google search found this: https://www.inviafertility.com/docs/Ovarian_reserve.pdf

Some of the other stuff I've found while googling it is that, since it's a relatively new test, what's considered normal varies from one clinic to the next. It just hasn't been around long enough for the medical community to reach a consensus yet.

Well I'm here visiting the in-laws. DH and family are talking about cars. Yawn. So I'm online. :wacko:

At least tomorrow we're going wine tasting. I won't be doing much tasting, but it's good to keep the in-laws moving.:haha: I'm thinking of heading to the cheese factory where they do tours and samples. Yummmmmm. We are in the middle of nowhere WA after all.

Sorry Mac. I hope tomorrow is better day! :hugs:

HappyAuntie: we haven't gone to any doctors yet, therefore we haven't received any fertility tests. But I can totally understand what you mean with getting frustrated and sad every month when AF comes around. And, I kinda dread finding anything bad out. I try not to worry about my age. I will send you baby dust and wishes your way.:kiss:

Hi Guys - I'm new to the forum. I'm 38, TTC our first and on 3rd cycle using CBFM. Already stunned at the emotional rollercoaster that is TTC! I've just hit my peak with the CBFM so about to enter the dreaded TWW!!! Symptom spotting here we come!!!! xxxx

HA - so sorry your not getting the results you want to make you feel better about your TTC future :hugs: I pray that the 2 smaller follicles catch up and you have 4 good ones for the IUI and trigger and I pray you get your BFP :dust::hugs:

OMM - so pleased you are still enjoying the weight lose :thumbup: I've found I've become more obsessed with exercising and eating well than TTC this cycle but I think it's because the doctor said a BFP won't happened at the moment.

Twinkle hope you have a fab day at the wedding today :)

TTC11 - I'd definitely do the cheese factory if I could as I love cheese :) Hope the weekend doesn't feel too long :hugs:

Pickle - good luck in the 2WW and hope it goes quickly for you and sending loads of :dust: for this to be your cycle :dust:

AFM well today is a better day thankfully :) And thank you all for your support :friends: Well my temp absolutely nose dived this morning but I did wake at 6.30am freezing as DH had opened all the windows in the bedroom and turned on not only the ceiling fan but 2 floor standing fans as well and then had nicked all the bedding to wrap himself in and when I tried to take some back after doing my temp he said "get off cold!" :growlmad: At that point I poked him hard and told him to let the dogs out :haha: So not bothered to put in on my chart as it will mess it up more than it is :wacko:

Sending lots of :dust: to any requiring/wanting it and :hugs: to anyone who needs one

ttc11, sorry about the uti, I have had one on 2 of the last 3 months so can definitely sympathise. Have been drinking tons of cranberry juice ever since!

HA, sorry things are not looking like you hoped but FX you get your 4 good follies and this is a good cycle for you. I have heard on other threads of ladies getting bfps with even lower AMHs so don't despair if you can help it. You are still in the borderline good numbers by the looks of things so that is positive and like you say with a good FSH score like that things are looking OK :hugs:

Yes I had my day 3 bloods this month but can only get to see the doc for the results next Friday so I'll see what the story is then.

Twinkle - have a lovely time being a bridesmaid, am sure you will have a great day :thumbup:

Hi canuck :wave: fingers crossed for this cycle

Hi Pickle :wave: and welcome - yes it is a real emotional rollercoaster but does get a little bit easier - try not to symptom spot, it will just drive you mad

Wooly - lol at your DH and the bed clothes! Glad today is a better day too :hugs:

:hugs: and :dust: to any of the other lurkers Skye, lava, FM, padbrat, OMM, and to those I have forgotten, sorry!

AFM i got the best positive yet on my ic opks today - sods law that BF is away but wanted to keep a check on my cycle, seems all is working as it should so I guess I take the positive from that...

wooly - bug :hugs: I glad that today is a better day for you xx

HA - everything is crossed and my heart is soooo hopeful for you this month!

Butterfly - typical the OH is not around when you need him :hugs:

ttc - I hope your UTI is feeling better, they are so uncomfortable!

OMM - well done on the weight loss - you are doing fab :hugs:

Twinkle - hope the wedding today is lovely and you enjoy bridesmaid duties :)

Pickle - Hi and welcome to the forum, hope you tww brings you a BFP

Dwrgi - glad you had a lovely holiday xx have you started the meds?? how are you finding them so far?

skye and lava and never - how are you ladies doing - hope you are both feeling well xx

FM - still have everything crossed that august is your month for a bfp and sticky bean xx

Hi canukgirl - how are you doing?

Padbrat - if you are lurking....:hugs: how are things with you??

northstar- how are you doing??

to all the other ladies - bug :hugs: and :dust: to all who need/want it.

afm - well I managed to loose 2lb last week. My parents have arrived this am, so there will be meals out and stuff, Ill just have to be careful I don't over indulge! Also we will be partaking in the silent :sex: till FF tells us O has occurred. it was supposed to happen today so fingers crossed. My parents are here to house hunt, which is lovely because it will be much easier to visit and keep an eye on them!

TTC 11- sorry about the uti, they do suck! Hope you get that bfp though!!
Macwolly- sending hugs you way, glad fil is getting stronger!

Omm-way to go with the weight loss!!! Rooting for you

HA- I hope you're not giving up on this cycle although I understand your concerns those follies still have time to catch up! How concerned was your RE about your Ovarian reserve?

Twinkle-heeeeeey

Pickle- Welcome Good luck in the 2ww I hope you get your bfp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"