TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Twinkle well done on the weight lose. Afraid I can't answer your question as I've never had one but reading the replies with interest :thumbup:

HA - yeah for good numbers and praying this leads to your BFP and that it is a sticky one :dust:

FM - hope the clinic wakes up for you :hugs:

OMM - I'm on the whatever wagon too as my chart is a mare this cycle but I am sure I'm in the 2WW as I had a huge dip on CD6 and CD12 and CM & CP on both could indicate ovulation :wacko: So I've just grabbing DH and praying for the best.
And no weight lose on Monday when I went to my slimming club :( No gain either though :) Just hoping my hard work of last week eventually shows

Lots of :dust: to all and :hugs: to all and MA hoping all is well with you x

lava - that is fabulous news - how exciting!!!

twinkle - yay!! you have done amazingly well, I am glad your FS was impressed!! now onto the next step xx glad you made it there and back safely xx

welcome brunette! - I was on cerezette too - my period only took a few weeks to return after stopping the pill, but there is a cerezette support thread on here somewhere - and it seems that it varies from person to person. hopefully you won't have to wait too long now xx

HA - you should stay on that soapbox!! you give great advice - thank you for all you do xx I am so hopeful that this IUI will be THE one for you xx

FM - sorry that you did not get a BFP but you sound so positive about IVF - sending positive vibes your way

Dwrgi - as HA said, "alternative meds" are not subject to the same rules and regs as traditional meds, you should definitely speak to your FS and get im to adress all your concerns - they should be things he is used to dealing with xx

Wooly and OMM - I am joining you on the whatever wagon :hugs:

Never - not long till your scan, I hope it relieves some of your worry so you can get on with enjoying your pregnancy !

Skye, Padbrat, Northstar and anyone else I have forgotten - big loves to you ladies!

AFM, yesterday was the big insemination day. DH's numbers looked good - 130 million post-wash and 86% motility. But his count and motility are always good - horrendously low morphology is his problem, and we won't know that result until Friday or so.

My ovaries started cramping like hell about an hour before the insem, so the timing was pretty good this time around. Weird thing is, I was uncomfortable all day - usually I don't have any discomfort after the insem, so not sure what to make of that. Just odd.

Had a long talk with my nurse during and after the procedure about all my concerns etc... she answered all my questions and was very reassuring, but it didn't help my cynicism much. She did tell me that I've become one of her favorite patients. Very sweet of her to say so, but to me that just indicates I've been a patient there for too damn long! She has my phone number memorized, for cryin' out loud! You KNOW you've been there too long when a nurse calls you so often that she doesn't even have to look up your number anymore. :growlmad:

Meh. Anyway, we'll know in two weeks. Nothing to do now but wait. :wacko:

Dear Happy, thanks so much for your good advice! I agree with you completely re alternative therapies and it makes me weep that we are so desperate to have our babies that we will do almost ANYTHING to achieve our BFPs. My problem is OH's SA, and no amount of acu on me was going to help with that-I just thought it would be a good way of encouraging me to relax but now with a one and a half day period, I'm not so sure. Grrrr! :growlmad:

Anyway, am keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you that you timed the IUI perfectly and that in two weeks time, you'll be telling us about your highly deserved BFP! Huge hugs to you and all my love! Keep busy and the two weeks will fly past!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Twinkle well done on the weight lose. Afraid I can't answer your question as I've never had one but reading the replies with interest :thumbup:

HA - yeah for good numbers and praying this leads to your BFP and that it is a sticky one :dust:

FM - hope the clinic wakes up for you :hugs:

OMM - I'm on the whatever wagon too as my chart is a mare this cycle but I am sure I'm in the 2WW as I had a huge dip on CD6 and CD12 and CM & CP on both could indicate ovulation :wacko: So I've just grabbing DH and praying for the best.
And no weight lose on Monday when I went to my slimming club :( No gain either though :) Just hoping my hard work of last week eventually shows

Lots of :dust: to all and :hugs: to all and MA hoping all is well with you x

Yea for being on the whatever wagon with me!!!!! And yea for no weight gain, i have not gotten on a scale recently, but i can see the difference, my clothes are looser, and DH says he can totaly see the weight loss, i feel great so far!!

And where is MissyT?????

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

idk - I'm really concerned about her. She hasn't logged on since sometime in June (if I remember correctly from checking her profile). I hope you haven't left us forever, Missy - we miss you! :kiss::hugs:

I'm on my phone so very briefly - thanks ladies - that was exactly the advice/reassurance I was looking for!! Xx

And where is LuvMyDoggies???

To all you lovely stalkers, come back, we miss you!!! :flower::flower:

I had my baseline scan this morning at the ITF clinic. They saw two follicles, one on each ovary. As I have a low amh (2.9), I think they are expecting small numbers. I just hope we get more. I have my next scan booked next Thursday. So, I had my first injection in the clinic, and will be doing my own from tomorrow onwards. She warned me that the Suprecur would make me feel miserable, and I don't know if it's a placebo, but I have been down all day. It didn't help that the nurse said it would be worth doing one IVF and perhaps to consider donor eggs following that, as they could then gauge the quality of my eggs (with the suggestion that my eggs were against me). I really don't want to do this, and guess the towel would be thrown in if that was the case. Honestly, I wish she'd kept quiet.

Hope you are all well, and I am sending you all huge :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:!

Let's try and stay positive girls (I know I'm feeling anything but at the moment!).

:dust::dust::dust::dust: to us all!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And where is LuvMyDoggies???

To all you lovely stalkers, come back, we miss you!!! :flower::flower:

I had my baseline scan this morning at the ITF clinic. They saw two follicles, one on each ovary. As I have a low amh (2.9), I think they are expecting small numbers. I just hope we get more. I have my next scan booked next Thursday. So, I had my first injection in the clinic, and will be doing my own from tomorrow onwards. She warned me that the Suprecur would make me feel miserable, and I don't know if it's a placebo, but I have been down all day. It didn't help that the nurse said it would be worth doing one IVF and perhaps to consider donor eggs following that, as they could then gauge the quality of my eggs (with the suggestion that my eggs were against me). I really don't want to do this, and guess the towel would be thrown in if that was the case. Honestly, I wish she'd kept quiet.

Hope you are all well, and I am sending you all huge :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:!

Let's try and stay positive girls (I know I'm feeling anything but at the moment!).

:dust::dust::dust::dust: to us all!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why do they do that all the time, why is it always "Oh you have to use donor eggs, your eggs are just too old" drives me nuts, i swear they push the donor eggs so they can get more money!!!! Its like shut your yap until i finish this cycle and then see what happens, ugh i am so sorry honey, dont you dare let her stupid self bring you down, she does not have the slightest clue what your body can and will do, and she really has no idea if this will work or not, i hate it when they blow off a cycle because THEY think it wont work!!!!!!!!!! OK sorry stepping off my soap box here, but dang that just irritates me when these stupid people crush you before you even freaking get started!!!!!!! You know what you have 2 eggs!!!!!!! All you need is one, so what the hell!!!!!!!! OK there i go again lol. Honey you just stay calm and stress free, and you know in your heart that this is GOING TO WORK and then we can all tell these people to go stuff it!!!

Dwrgi, I hope the meds don't make you feel too bad!! :hugs: hopefully you won't even need to consider any next steps, because this will be successful for you!

on another note, there are some amazingly generous women around who donate eggs. I guess when you think about it, an egg is a tiny ball of DNA. a baby is a person who the parent will bring up forever..... just a thought xx

I think clinics also like to push donor eggs because they know it helps their success rates. The success rate with DE is crazy high compared to using your own eggs (at any age, mind you), and we all know how competitive the world of fertility clinics is.... Just because they're suggesting it does NOT mean you won't be successful with your own eggs!

and yes, DE are just a single cell... it's such a relatively new option (compared to donor sperm, which has been around for ages) that I think we as women are having to grapple with that question that some men have had to deal with their whole lives.... A very good friend of mine has two grown sons conceived via donor sperm and IUI - her husband is sterile due to a childhood case of mumps, and it wasn't until their oldest was 16 or 17 that he (the dad) was comfortable going public with the fact they used donor sperm. Amazing thing is, that older son is a dead ringer for his dad - you would never ever guess they don't share any DNA.

Tough call, though. I don't know if I could do it. (But then again, I've always thought I would never want to go thru IVF and now I'm practically begging for it....)

Just got DH's morphology results back from the clinic - 2% normal - that's twice as good as his last SA, but still only half what it should be.... :nope:

Whatevs. Can't do anything about it. :shrug:

So sorry hun, surely with the IUI, only the good sperm will have been used???? I don't know very much about morphology, although I'm an expert at motility.

How are you feeling today? Are you still a bit crampy? Let's hope that little bean is getting snuggled in as we write!!!

Lots of good luck and a double percentage is good, yeah??

Lots of love
A
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

So sorry hun, surely with the IUI, only the good sperm will have been used???? I don't know very much about morphology, although I'm an expert at motility.

How are you feeling today? Are you still a bit crampy? Let's hope that little bean is getting snuggled in as we write!!!

Lots of love
A

Thanks. With IUI they do a sperm wash first to remove all the dead and/or immotile sperm, but since his abnormally-shaped sperm still swim just fine, there's no way to remove them - that could only happen if they picked them out by hand, like ICSI. The morphology determines whether the sperm are capable of fertilizing an egg at all... the abnormal shape of the head makes them completely useless, even though they manage to swim super fast and in the right direction. Completely useless little buggers just taking up space! :growlmad: That's why 1% morphology (his average) is such a problem - it literally means that only 1% of his sperm are capable of fertilizing an egg. So no, all the live sperm got squirted up there, but only 2% of them are capable of getting the job done this time.

Last time I talked w my RE about IVF, he said on the first go-round he would probably do a just-to-be-sure ICSI, where they perform ICSI on half the eggs retrieved just to be sure that some fertilize - they don't want to just leave it to chance and risk none fertilizing.

I'm feeling alright... when I woke up the day after the IUI all the cramping was gone. I've had a twitch here and there since, but I think that's most likely because I'm highly attuned to every little twitch or pang that goes on in the tww... stupid symptom spotting. Doesn't matter how hard you try not to do it, it's always there, even if it's just a nagging little whisper....

Lots of love
A

Thanks. With IUI they do a sperm wash first to remove all the dead and/or immotile sperm, but since his abnormally-shaped sperm still swim just fine, there's no way to remove them - that could only happen if they picked them out by hand, like ICSI. The morphology determines whether the sperm are capable of fertilizing an egg at all... the abnormal shape of the head makes them completely useless, even though they manage to swim super fast and in the right direction. Completely useless little buggers just taking up space! :growlmad: That's why 1% morphology (his average) is such a problem - it literally means that only 1% of his sperm are capable of fertilizing an egg. So no, all the live sperm got squirted up there, but only 2% of them are capable of getting the job done this time.

Last time I talked w my RE about IVF, he said on the first go-round he would probably do a just-to-be-sure ICSI, where they perform ICSI on half the eggs retrieved just to be sure that some fertilize - they don't want to just leave it to chance and risk none fertilizing.

I'm feeling alright... when I woke up the day after the IUI all the cramping was gone. I've had a twitch here and there since, but I think that's most likely because I'm highly attuned to every little twitch or pang that goes on in the tww... stupid symptom spotting. Doesn't matter how hard you try not to do it, it's always there, even if it's just a nagging little whisper....

Keep your head up honey, try to stay positive, it might only be 2% but 2% is still a lot of the little good ones in there, its all relative to the amount after all, and all it takes is one, heck i have had IUI's that did not work and we had 11 million, or 23 million after wash, and i have a friend that had IUI's with only 2 million after wash and a blocked tube and their daughter just turned one. You just have to believe, remember anything can happen!!!!

HA sending loads of :dust: to you and hoping that this IUI has worked for you :dust:

Dwrgi - sending loads of :dust: to you too and hoping your treatment brings you your LO or LOs :dust:

Hey ladies glad this forum is here I am 40 and TTC our first little one! We have been trying for 4 years currently on Clomid 50mg day 2-6 and metformin 50mg 3 times daily. Also taking 400mg folic acid and pregnacare preconception multivitamins. Have 2 days left till I can test keeping everything crossed at this point, really feeling like I am going to be too old before our miracle happens:cry:. Would really appreciate any help, advice anything at all really. Hope you all get the happy news soon! :dust::dust:

HA - obviously I don't really know what I am talking about (being so new to all this) but it seems to me that 2% of 130 million is still a LOT of good spermies!!! and it only takes one. Im keeping everything crossed for you!! :hug:

Hi Nixie and welcome to the thread!! :hi: fingers crossed this cycle is the one for you!!

Lots of love
A

I know exactly what you mean-you notice EVERY little twinge, and think it's something significant. It's almost like a full time hobby-should go on our CVs!!! Let's hope that this IUI is the one for you-I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

Lots of love
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"