TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

So sorry hun, surely with the IUI, only the good sperm will have been used???? I don't know very much about morphology, although I'm an expert at motility.

How are you feeling today? Are you still a bit crampy? Let's hope that little bean is getting snuggled in as we write!!!

Lots of good luck and a double percentage is good, yeah??

Lots of love
A
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks. With IUI they do a sperm wash first to remove all the dead and/or immotile sperm, but since his abnormally-shaped sperm still swim just fine, there's no way to remove them - that could only happen if they picked them out by hand, like ICSI. The morphology determines whether the sperm are capable of fertilizing an egg at all... the abnormal shape of the head makes them completely useless, even though they manage to swim super fast and in the right direction. Completely useless little buggers just taking up space! :growlmad: That's why 1% morphology (his average) is such a problem - it literally means that only 1% of his sperm are capable of fertilizing an egg. So no, all the live sperm got squirted up there, but only 2% of them are capable of getting the job done this time.

Last time I talked w my RE about IVF, he said on the first go-round he would probably do a just-to-be-sure ICSI, where they perform ICSI on half the eggs retrieved just to be sure that some fertilize - they don't want to just leave it to chance and risk none fertilizing.

I'm feeling alright... when I woke up the day after the IUI all the cramping was gone. I've had a twitch here and there since, but I think that's most likely because I'm highly attuned to every little twitch or pang that goes on in the tww... stupid symptom spotting. Doesn't matter how hard you try not to do it, it's always there, even if it's just a nagging little whisper....

Keep your head up honey, try to stay positive, it might only be 2% but 2% is still a lot of the little good ones in there, its all relative to the amount after all, and all it takes is one, heck i have had IUI's that did not work and we had 11 million, or 23 million after wash, and i have a friend that had IUI's with only 2 million after wash and a blocked tube and their daughter just turned one. You just have to believe, remember anything can happen!!!!

Chris, you are an absolute godsend, for your advice and words of support to me and to HA!!! You truly are an angel! :angel::angel::angel:

Big BIG hugs to you, you deserve every single one of them!
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey ladies glad this forum is here I am 40 and TTC our first little one! We have been trying for 4 years currently on Clomid 50mg day 2-6 and metformin 50mg 3 times daily. Also taking 400mg folic acid and pregnacare preconception multivitamins. Have 2 days left till I can test keeping everything crossed at this point, really feeling like I am going to be too old before our miracle happens:cry:. Would really appreciate any help, advice anything at all really. Hope you all get the happy news soon! :dust::dust:

Welcome Nixie and I am so glad you have found us! You sound so like me-40 years old and me and OH have been trying for three years and 9 months, now on IVF!

I really hope that you get your BFP sooner rather than later; hang on in there!

Do you know what your issues are, or is it that fabulous phrase 'unexplained'? It's good that you are on the vits; also get yourself some Paradox omega oils from Amazon, and take twice a day to improve egg quality. Read somewhere that one of the greatest obstacles to conception is that people don't time sex correctly, which seems like a no brainer. But you need to be DTD every other day from about day 6 to your ovulation (as everybody's cycle is different, day 6 is about the average time to start).

Apart from Clomid, what have you tried??

Good luck to you and I hope that you get a :bfp: in two days time!

Huge :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:!
Axx

Hi Dwrgi, thanks for your reply.

DH is fine no issues there at all and he's 10 years younger lucky me :happydance:

My eggs don't mature hence the clomid and metformin, have been using Clearblue fertility monitor, charting days via an iphone app and changes in CM.

This is the first month I have used the fertility monitor and this is where I am a bit puzzled,:wacko: according to charting etc over the past 6 months my average cycle is 30 days. So we have concentrated our baby dancing over days 11-17 but this month the fertility monitor said I ovulated on day 18 and was still ovulating on day 19 so we did the baby dance again on these days.

This is the first month I have experienced any "symptoms" Sore nipples/breasts since day 20 creamy CM and occasional nausea since day 24.

I am really not trying to read anything into the symptoms but its hard not too :help:

DH is fine no issues there at all and he's 10 years younger lucky me :happydance:

My eggs don't mature hence the clomid and metformin, have been using Clearblue fertility monitor, charting days via an iphone app and changes in CM.

This is the first month I have used the fertility monitor and this is where I am a bit puzzled,:wacko: according to charting etc over the past 6 months my average cycle is 30 days. So we have concentrated our baby dancing over days 11-17 but this month the fertility monitor said I ovulated on day 18 and was still ovulating on day 19 so we did the baby dance again on these days.

This is the first month I have experienced any "symptoms" Sore nipples/breasts since day 20 creamy CM and occasional nausea since day 24.

I am really not trying to read anything into the symptoms but its hard not too :help:

Well, those symptoms certainly sound quite promising! Get on Chris' 'Whatevers Wagon' in the meantime, but fingers crossed like mad that they all mean what we think they could mean!!

Good luck!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

All the best to you as well hope you get the BFP ASAP

Cxxx

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

So sorry hun, surely with the IUI, only the good sperm will have been used???? I don't know very much about morphology, although I'm an expert at motility.

How are you feeling today? Are you still a bit crampy? Let's hope that little bean is getting snuggled in as we write!!!

Lots of good luck and a double percentage is good, yeah??

Lots of love
A
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks. With IUI they do a sperm wash first to remove all the dead and/or immotile sperm, but since his abnormally-shaped sperm still swim just fine, there's no way to remove them - that could only happen if they picked them out by hand, like ICSI. The morphology determines whether the sperm are capable of fertilizing an egg at all... the abnormal shape of the head makes them completely useless, even though they manage to swim super fast and in the right direction. Completely useless little buggers just taking up space! :growlmad: That's why 1% morphology (his average) is such a problem - it literally means that only 1% of his sperm are capable of fertilizing an egg. So no, all the live sperm got squirted up there, but only 2% of them are capable of getting the job done this time.

Last time I talked w my RE about IVF, he said on the first go-round he would probably do a just-to-be-sure ICSI, where they perform ICSI on half the eggs retrieved just to be sure that some fertilize - they don't want to just leave it to chance and risk none fertilizing.

I'm feeling alright... when I woke up the day after the IUI all the cramping was gone. I've had a twitch here and there since, but I think that's most likely because I'm highly attuned to every little twitch or pang that goes on in the tww... stupid symptom spotting. Doesn't matter how hard you try not to do it, it's always there, even if it's just a nagging little whisper....

Keep your head up honey, try to stay positive, it might only be 2% but 2% is still a lot of the little good ones in there, its all relative to the amount after all, and all it takes is one, heck i have had IUI's that did not work and we had 11 million, or 23 million after wash, and i have a friend that had IUI's with only 2 million after wash and a blocked tube and their daughter just turned one. You just have to believe, remember anything can happen!!!!

Chris, you are an absolute godsend, for your advice and words of support to me and to HA!!! You truly are an angel! :angel::angel::angel:

Big BIG hugs to you, you deserve every single one of them!
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awwwwwwww :blush: thank you so much honey, it just breaks my heart to see you ladies so down before anything has happend, so i try and lift you up. Maybe thats what my purpose is in this life, if so i am more than happy to help!!

Hi Nixie and welcome :wave: hope this is your month after all that time.

HA and Dwrgi, lots of :dust: to both of you especially this cycle

X

Well, those symptoms certainly sound quite promising! Get on Chris' 'Whatevers Wagon' in the meantime, but fingers crossed like mad that they all mean what we think they could mean!!

Good luck!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yea come on Nixie!!! The whatevers wagon is so much fun, dont worry if you fall off either, we will just grab you up and bring you back on with us. I just bought the Clear Blue Fertility monitor, and from what i have read a LOT of women thought they were ovulating at one time only to find out it was not so, and the very first month using the monitor, it worked. I am so hoping your symptoms are a good sign and you get a beautiful bfp very soon!!!! Welcome to our little family!!!

Hi Ladies where do I go to get onto the whatevers wagon, very new on here :wacko:

Hi Ladies where do I go to get onto the whatevers wagon, very new on here :wacko:

Just declare yourself on the metaphorical 'Whatevers Wagon' and every now and again, Chris will remind everybody to just keep saying 'Whatever' when we catch ourselves 'symptoms spotting'-yeah yeah, whatever!!! A good way to convince yourself in the awful TWW not to get tooooooooo excited and to help you be strong if the dreaded evil hag that is AF arrives (and hopefully she won't!).

So, a bit of a twinge in the abdomen? "Whatever"!

Sore boobs? "Whatever!"

Nausea? "Whatever!"

Good luck!!
:hugs::hugs:

Just declare yourself on the metaphorical 'Whatevers Wagon' and every now and again, Chris will remind everybody to just keep saying 'Whatever' when we catch ourselves 'symptoms spotting'-yeah yeah, whatever!!! A good way to convince yourself in the awful TWW not to get tooooooooo excited and to help you be strong if the dreaded evil hag that is AF arrives (and hopefully she won't!).

Sore boobs? "Whatever!"

Nausea? "Whatever!"

Good luck!!

Good list! I'll add:

Tired? "Whatever!"

Irritable? "Whatever!"

Spotty/pimply? "Whatever!"

Anyone else have some to add? :haha:

Sore boobs? "Whatever!"

Nausea? "Whatever!"

Good luck!!

Good list! I'll add:

Tired? "Whatever!"

Irritable? "Whatever!"

Oh yes......

Crampy? Whatever!

Headache? Whatever!

Dizzy? Whatever!!!!!

whatever is right!!! I might go searching for this too.

Sore boobs? "Whatever!"

Nausea? "Whatever!"

Good luck!!

Good list! I'll add:

Tired? "Whatever!"

Irritable? "Whatever!"

Oh yes......

Crampy? Whatever!

Headache? Whatever!

Dizzy? Whatever!!!!!

hahahahaha I'm gonna give ya all a laugh I went searching for a thread called The whatever wagon LMAO!!!!!!!!

Ok I declare myself on the whatever wagon!!

I'll add to the list

Heartburn? Whatever!

:flower:

Sore boobs? "Whatever!"

Nausea? "Whatever!"

Good luck!!

Good list! I'll add:

Tired? "Whatever!"

Irritable? "Whatever!"

Oh yes......

Crampy? Whatever!

Headache? Whatever!

Dizzy? Whatever!!!!!

hahahahaha I'm gonna give ya all a laugh I went searching for a thread called The whatever wagon LMAO!!!!!!!!

I'll add to the list

Heartburn? Whatever!

LOL, ohhhhh good one!!!! Welcome aboard the "Whatever wagon"!!! Hang on, it can get bumpy, but whenever you need us, we will be there to tell you "Whatever" lol.

Sore boobs? "Whatever!"

Nausea? "Whatever!"

Good luck!!

Good list! I'll add:

Tired? "Whatever!"

Irritable? "Whatever!"

Oh yes......

Crampy? Whatever!

Headache? Whatever!

Dizzy? Whatever!!!!!

I'll add to the list

Heartburn? Whatever!

LOL, ohhhhh good one!!!! Welcome aboard the "Whatever wagon"!!! Hang on, it can get bumpy, but whenever you need us, we will be there to tell you "Whatever" lol.

Vivid dreams - whatever!
Bloating - whatever!

I am firmly on the whatever wagon as I am getting my usual pre-AF symptoms today :shrug: And I put my cross hairs on FF so wondering if I've not ovulated this cycle.

But my attitude this cycle is "whatever" and if this isn't my cycle then maybe next :)

I've decided I'm going to be on the whatever wagon until the end of the year (apart from all the pills and potions I will take lol!) and then come 2012 if it hasn't happened I will be

:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:

Butterfly I still temp and take supplements (plus usually using my CBFM) but I just give it my best shot each cycle and then think "well what will be will be" But I have to be like that till I lose more weight for my FS referral :)

I'm firmly in the middle of the whatev's wagon!

I know we can't have unprotected sex next cycle due tot he HSG so I went and bought some condoms yeaterday - it felt very odd!!

Peeing all the time?? - whatever!

Twinkle - that must feel very strange indeed :hug:

Ladies - I am firmly on the whatever wagon - and plan to stay as long as possible! I have decided this cycle to worry about all you ladies instead of me. so if anyone needs symptoms spotting etc - just let me know, Ill do it for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->