TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me gatecrashing?

I am 36 and my partner is 32 and I joined bnb last year when I fell pregnant with my first, unfortunately it wasn't meant to be and we lost the baby at 8 weeks. We then emigrated to Tasmania, so put everything on hold. Have been ttc for the last 4 months and get devastated when it doesn't happen and that horrible period arrives. You try and not think about it and not stress that isn't happening, but it doesn't work, especially when you friends announce their expecting, it is so hard to be pleased for them, when all you can think of is why not me!!

Anyway I will stop ranting on now, thank you for listening

Becs

Welcome Smurfette, Reesie, Becks! You will love the support & witty humor of all the girls here. I hope you get your BFPs & sticky beans soon.

TTC1,
Love your avatar! Beautiful.

FM, HA, Dwrgi,
I am following your treatment cycles or preparations for it and praying like mad for you girls.

Skye,
I will admit that I would love a girl and hopefully will be blessed with one of each, but I am very grateful to be pregnant after being told by my fertile doc that I had diminished ovarian reserve & should consider donor egg IVF right off the bat. Of course, I hope the twins are healthy & I cam deliver them both safely, but right now, I'm having a little girl envy. ;) I will love them both of course. Congrats on Team Pink.

Another thing, I'm supposed to consume 100 grams of protein daily. Any tips from the IVF girls?

Skye - how exciting!! a baby girl, go team pink!!:pink:

and Lava - a baby boy so far and one yellow baby !! I am thrilled to bits for you!! :blue::yellow:

HA - hehehe - with the symptom spotting! I am still keeping everything crossed for you!

Hi Becs and welcome :hi: Im sorry for your loss, but I am glad you have found us. The ladies here are amazing!!

to all you lovely ladies - bug :hugs: and :dust: for us all

afm - well, I still trying to get my head around this charting business. I did have crosshairs for CD10, but after adding in temp this am, the crosshairs have gone :wacko: I did a test this am (I know - too early!!) anyway, it was negative. then about 30 mins later I got the test back out of the bin and could see a faint line on it. of course the test is only good for 10 mins so bad me!!! :blush: I know it's negative, but I got my hopes up for a second there. anyway - back on the waggon for me.

Hi ladies! i was MIA most of this week after getting a bfn on monday. AF came 16dpiui. i think the clomid makes me late. thanks to all those that gave support after my bfn. next time right?!

AFM-we are going to be out of town during the time in my cycle when we should be doing the iui, so i am going au natural this next cycle. when my next cycle starts up mid-september, we will do clomid/iui again. in the meantime, i am going for my first acupuncture appointment on monday. not sure what that is going to be like. i know there are some mixed reviews on it. if anything, maybe it will be a nice stress reliever. i was also contemplating trying royal jelly/bee pollen, but i want to run that by the acupuncturist and/or my doctor first. its hard to know what to try, when you haven't officially been told there is anything wrong with you. if i knew i had low estrogen, i would do/take something for that. if i knew i had low progesterone, i would do/take something for that. but i have never been told that anything is wrong! clearly there has to be if it hasn't worked for us in 15 months!! so frustrating!

Anyhoo....good luck to all!!

canuckgirl - sorry about your bfn :(

ladies - Ive just ordered a cbfm (ebay) as it seems FF may be missing my O, so fingers crossed this helps

Purple a faint line is still a faint line.... My sticks went blank after a while. R u going to test again today? :flower::flower: Sorry if I push you out of the wagon :kiss:

Lava thank you for the encouragement. If we lived close by I would have suggested meeting up and swapping babies for couple of hrs every now and than just to have the chance to play with each :))) hahahha. You know that mama's and son's have a special bond and son's are especially close to their mum's, so little boys are just as fun to have :) I have a rocky relationship with mum and I really wanted a girl just to have a chance to make up for all the stuff I missed doing with my mum. I was happy to hear that I had a girl. But my heart melts when my friend's boys rush to the door every time I visit them. I love them dearly and miss them when they are on holiday. What's fun the most is every child have their own personality. Their own little cuteness if you like :)) It's wonderful to get to know them, build a bond with them. Once you do that, girl or boy doesn't matter, they all trust you and love you sincerely and innocently :)) Than it doesn't matter if you play ball or dolls or read a book or go shopping really. They all give you the same fulfilment as long as you make that bond to enjoy each other's company. :kiss:
Your protein requirement is quite high so it might be good idea to see a chart. Here is what I found on the web.
https://www.healthalternatives2000.com/meat-protein-nutrition-chart.html
Also I bet your body will start making you crave for it. I think it's a good idea to try not to put much junk on your mouth and become quite conscious of how nutritious your food is. Cause when you eat crisps or chocolates, etc your body gets fooled to think it's full and had enough but actually you don't feed it well. I started eating carrots, cellery, nuts dried fruit, brown bread etc for snacks since my tx. I do eat junk very occasionally but most of the time I get satisfied with the healthy stuff so I don't crave the junk. I also snack quite often and I don't let myself get super hungry.

xxx

Skye - I haven't tested today, I think I will wait a week now and see what happens. I don't think you can trust sticks that have been left longer than they should be. anyhoo - how sad am I?? Taking the thing out of the bin?? lmao!!

I think we've all done that Purple, not sad at all. You are just so desperate to see a positive, you almost will it to occur! I think Skye's right though, so hang on in there, it ain't over till the AF sings!!! Fingers crossed hun!

Lava, good to hear from you! I'm eating loads of chicken, fish, and eggs, and trying to get as much seeds as I can get. Oh yes, milk shakes for milk intake too. Am having omelette for lunch today, and I'm going to throw some asparagus in there too, and cheese. (Asparagus cos I LOVE the stuff). Hope you're feeling good. I'd be glad of a boy or girl..........!

Good luck canuckgirl, hope you find the acupuncture helpful. Think it's a bit of a placebo as far as TTC is comncerned, BUT I do think it is really good for stress relief, so if you get anxious, it may help you!

Skyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Hello!!! Where have you been? I've missed you!!! I didn't want to put a daily update on here as I thought it would bore people to tears.... But if you all want to be bored to tears, then I shall gladly oblige:happydance:. As for DH, things have been going okay but yesterday he was a complete ******* and my parents and his parents got involved, which was deeply unpleasant, and I did wonder what on earth we were doing with this treatment when he behaves so badly:grr:. (Long story short, he went to the local on Sat night and although promised he'd be back after an hour, he came back in the early hours, stinking of booze (great for sperm, huh?) and deeply offensive. Which carried on yesterday too.... Basically, he has got to cut the alcohol out as he can't cope with it. And don't even go near my stress levels. He has been spoilt rotten by mummy dearest :brat: and now acts as if he is the great I am. Grrr. Best behaviour now thankfully, but he'd better watch his step, is all I'm saying :pop:. (He actually did my injections this morning as he needs to feel more involved-he did okay, and then announced that he was Dr Kildare. Men!:winkwink:).

As for treatment, I'm taking 30 units of Suprecur every day and 45 units of Menopur; these are the max dosages because of my low amh. Feel okay but get VERY tired and quite emotional (Suprecur is meant to make you feel quite miserable). Am drinking all my milk in the morning, to get the minimum litre of protein out of the way, and then trying to eat protein with every meal. Haven't really felt like snacking as I feel so full up of water, and I may as well just move into the loo.....:haha: Am officially on CD6, and have a scan on Thursday-there were two follicles last Thursday at CD2, so I really hope that a few more will emerge from somewhere. Corner shop??? Anywhere will do.. They're not going to do a hysteroscopy, so am glad about that-all looked clear on the baseline scan as far as ovaries and womb and womb lining are concerned, and lap last year showed that all is okay.

Now, are you all bored TO TEARS yet???? I did warn you!

Hope you're all well, and I'm sending huge hugs to all my old muckers!

Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hello ladies :wave: - have been lurking a bit over the weekend as shut my laptop for the last couple of days to get other things done, so just peeking with my phone :haha:

Skye, brilliant news of a girl and lava, also brilliant that you know you are having a boy :hugs: - whether the other one is a boy or a girl I'm sure you will be over the moon when they are safely in your arms

Purple, yes, everyone has picked one out of the bin for sure! Fingers crossed that it was not an evap and you get a line in the time tomorrow morning :hugs:

Dwrgi, why are men such pains when they don't really have to do much? :grr:

Hello and welcome to the newbies :hi:

Sorry I know I have missed a lot of stuff from everyone else but am finding it tough to get stuff done when I also want to hear about how everyone is doing on here :dohh:

:dust: to everyone xx

Hello my lovely ladies!!!! I have missed you all, ok first of all a huge WELCOME to all the new lovely ladies that have joined us, this is the best place EVER to get support and love!!!

HA too funny with the symptom spotting, why is it so hard for us to just relax and see what happens lol.

Purple, honey i have done a lot of tests, if you saw a pink like even after the time most of the time its a bfp, ok now i am shoving you out of the whaterver wagon lol, sorry but i am just so excited for you!!

Dwrgi, honey i am so sorry about your husband, i know exactly how you feel, as mine also loves his beer. I have also thought from time to time why am i doing this when i already have a very big child at home now lol. Hang in there sweetheart, this is a very stressful time for both of you with just starting your treatment, i am sending you big hugs, and dont forget we will be here to support you through this whole thing, and then will jump for joy when we see the bfp. And no we are never bored to tears reading your info lol.

Love and hugs to all my other lovely ladies, sorry i have to bail off to work, so i have to type fast lol.

AFM, major busy weekend, we went to Downtown Chicago on friday, we walked about 5 miles, i ended up with a blister on my foot lol, but we had so much fun and the weather was absolutly beautiful. Saturday we went shopping and were cleaning the house then we went to my moms and watched the first Chicago Bears football game of the year, yeaaaaaah, got home about 1am got up on Sunday at 8 and cleaned the house like mad, as my husbands family was comming over for a BBQ, i was on my feet and non stop until 8pm, i finally got to sit down then, i think i need to go back to work today and rest lol. I am doing great with the diet, between all the walking and not eating much lol. I refuse to get on a scale since it usually frustrates me to not see it move much, so i go by how my clothes fit, and right now i have a lot more room in them lol. Come on ladies, we can lose this weight!!! Its for a good cause, we are all going to get our bfp's. OK, i forget, Purple was it you that got the CBFM? I bought one too, when/if af shows around the 22nd i will start using it. Oh and Wed i turn 44 :cry: ugh!!!!!!!

Love you all, i will try to sneak back on again later!!!!

Oh and Skye, yea for the little girl, and glad to see you here again, we have missed you!!

Northstar- love the avi, I am a cupcake lover!

Skye- congrats on the little girl, that is sooo exciting!

Purplelou- fingers and toes crossed for you!

Canuckgirl- good luck with accupucture and this next cycle, I hope you get your bfp

Dwrgi- Please please post often We want to hear about your journey and it helps give me an idea of what to expect.

OMM- you are doing great on the weight loss!!!! sounds like you had a great weekend.

afm- nothing much here, af has left the building so we have this one last natural cycle before moving on to ivf. I'm not giving up hope this cycle, anything is possible.

Purplelou it's not sad at all hon. I wouldn't bin them for a couple of hours sob that I didn't have to put my hand through the bin... xx

Dwrgi, sorry about DH. It's good that he is getting involved. You should also remind him the cost of the tx cause men seem to respond to that more than what you go through. I am a little surprised you didn't have the hysto, since they can't see inside the womb without actually doing it. Most likely it's all fine but it's sort of a standard procedure, which gives them info about how long is your cervix which helps on egg transfer. Good luck anyway bb. Keep up the proteins and water and don't let anything stress you out too much. Any confrontation, just try to keep clear hon cause you will need all your strength for the eggs :))) :dust::dust::dust:

Chris :kiss::kiss: well done on starting to shed the weight. I'm rooting for all you girls who are on the the weight watchers wagon :)))

FM Good luck this cycle baby. Blowing loads of fairy dust your way as well. :dust::dust:

hello lovely ladies!!!

Welcome all Newbies - hope you have a short & sweet stay!

Smurfette - how odd with the tests - hope you prove to be right.

Reesie - not really sure about the F.E - I know some people say if the woman climaxes after the man then the muscles 'suck' the swimmers upwards - I've just had a check on wikipedia & the fluid comes from around the urethra not from up inside you so it shouldn't be an issue

becs - sorry for your loss - sending you big heaps of baby dust!

Skye - a little pink bundle - that's fab news!!

Purple - yep I've been a bin diver too!

Dwrgi - no booze in the summer hols sucks - but it'll be worth it!

Butterfly - don't worry too much about keeping up - the last thing any of us need is more stress!!

OMM - it's great when clothes feel too big isn't it? I got rid of 5 bags to the charity shop this weekend - some of which I've had for 10 years!

FM - fingers crossed for this cycle!

Hey everyone else! xxxx

AFM - I've had a delighful 4 days off the diet - really enjoyed eating everything! I'm back on it today though. I need a bit of a yank bank onto the Whatev's wagon please - AF is a day late but I have PMS symptoms coming out of my ears. For those of you who've been around for a while you know I don't test - I can't stand the BFN! So need to get back on the wagon & when she comes I can book my HSG.

Hello Everybody! Thank you all for your lovely messages. Just thought I'd let you know that it is 6pm and I am shattered and heading for a nap. I don't know if it's the stimms, but I have NO energy, and the worst headache ever! I've gone all afternoon without water and that's probably it. Bad move. Will have to drink one a half litres tonight now!! I'll just take my sofa and TV into the bathroom...... must ring Rumbelows!

Hi Twinkle, so sorry that you have PMS symptoms-they just suck. But brilliant news that you got rid of FIVE bags of clothes. That's just amazing-well done you! Hang on in there if the dreaded hag arrives-it'll be your time soon! xx :hugs:

Thanks Skye for the advice. I didn't realise that a hysterescopy was standard procedure. I shall certainly ask them about it. And I forgot to say how excited I was to read that you're having a little :pink: !!! Wonderful news. Hope you're feeling okay? xx :hugs:

FM-you pull out all the stops for this one! Absolutely everything! And fingers crossed you can give IVF a swerve! Fingers crossed for you hun! xx :hugs:

OMM-hi Chris! Thanks for the advice. I tell you, if I ever have a son I won't raise him like my OH's mum raised him, and that's for sure. He'll be sent down the mines at five and will be expected to clean the house when he gets in! Ha ha. Only joking. Men definitely expect to get away with things that we wouldn't dream of. And what's the fascination with beer?? I just don't get it.. Sounds like you had a very busy weekend-and brilliant news that clothes are looser. Attagirl-you go for it, and a very early happy birthday to you too!! :happydance::happydance:

Butterfly, I know what you mean! I don't know how people get any work done when there are distractions like this! Hope you're okay? Where are you at with your tests, and cycle day?? Big hugs to you. Love the avatar! xx:hugs:

Purplelou-are you holding out???? I wouldn't be!! Fingers crossed that you will have some VERY good news shortly! xxx:hugs:

And a big hello to everybody else! Hope you're all okay?? Lots of love and fairy dust coming to you!!

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Sorry you are feeling so tired dwrgi but all in the great good :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks about avatar! I actually don't think I posted on this thread :blush: but I got my day 3 test results back on Friday and all was good :happydance:

This is what I got:
FSH 7.6 (normal is 3.5-12.5)
LH 4.5 (norm 2.4-12.6)
Prolactin 273 (127-637)
Progestogen (from day 21 tests) 45 (normal 20-80)

So I am really happy with that! I just have to go see the nurse tomorrow morning for some swabs for chlamydia and hvt (or something horrible!) and I have to get BF to do his SA - he is just back from hols so will see him tomorrow and have a chat about that, think he is on board so shouldn't be a problem. He does have a child from a previous relationship so I am hoping all is OK but you never know after 10+ years...

Hi Ladies, the witch arrived today :witch:

This has to be my lowest point yet :cry: all the signs were good nausea, sore nipples, creamy CM not sure I can do this anymore 5 yrs on and we don't seem to be any closer, the heartbreak every month is unbearable :sad2:

Sorry you are feeling so tired dwrgi but all in the great good :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks about avatar! I actually don't think I posted on this thread :blush: but I got my day 3 test results back on Friday and all was good :happydance:

This is what I got:
FSH 7.6 (normal is 3.5-12.5)
LH 4.5 (norm 2.4-12.6)
Prolactin 273 (127-637)
Progestogen (from day 21 tests) 45 (normal 20-80)

So I am really happy with that! I just have to go see the nurse tomorrow morning for some swabs for chlamydia and hvt (or something horrible!) and I have to get BF to do his SA - he is just back from hols so will see him tomorrow and have a chat about that, think he is on board so shouldn't be a problem. He does have a child from a previous relationship so I am hoping all is OK but you never know after 10+ years...

Brilliant results Butterfly! You must be delighted! Hopefully all will be okay with your BF and then it's just a matter of time! Am sure he'll be happy to do a test, he sounds fab!

Good luck hun!
x:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Ladies, the witch arrived today :witch:

This has to be my lowest point yet :cry: all the signs were good nausea, sore nipples, creamy CM not sure I can do this anymore 5 yrs on and we don't seem to be any closer, the heartbreak every month is unbearable :sad2:

I am so very sorry Nixie, AF is a cruel creature and torments us all. I know exactly how you feel, as with each month, you feel another bit of you dies. I sooooo know how you feel, as do so many of the wonderful ladies on here. So good that you turned to the thread.

You need to be super kind to yourself at this time-get the chocolates that you always crave, or treat yourself to a facial. I know it sounds shallow, but you need to do something for yourself to make yourself feel good and better about things. Get completely plastered if you want (have one on me, I wish I could have one on me!!), but spoil yourself and make sure your DH spoils you too.

Then in the morning when the hurt isn't as raw, think out a plan. Did you say that you'd been to your docs? Then follow this up. You must have a plan to make this dream happen, as you obviously want a baby so much. So, docs, tests, treatments, GO FOR IT!!! You will also feel so much better because you are doing something.

For now, I am sending you HUGE hugs-I so know how you feel. You are not alone, and YOU WILL GET THERE, so get the chocs out, open something alcoholic (sigh) and stop beating yourself up. Tomorrow, put Operation S (Stork) into action!!

Huge :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: to you!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ladies - I just want to say THANK YOU!!!! I was feeling like such a plank! I posted about my bin dive becase I thought it might give some one a chuckle - even though I was cross with myself. But you ladies are just the best!! you made me feel quite normal lol! I love you all xxxx I wish we were all close together. I would love to meet up for dinner with you and give you all a hug in person!!

Nixie - I am so sorry that the :witch: got you, just wanted to send you some bug :hugs: Dwrgi has given you some great advice, be kind to yourself and make a plan when you are feeling a little better xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->