TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi Lady DC - welcome to the thread :flower: I hope your treatment is successful! I don't have any stories for you Im sorry, but you might have more luck on the main forum - because all us ladies on this thread are still trying to concieve number 1

Hi ladies - I want to gather you all up for a massive group hug! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: thank you for all your messages and support. I feel loved!

HA - I have never liked Beyonce! (and I like her less now!) you are not a bad person - you are lovely!!

I have lurked a bit the last day or so, so I catching up now - I hope you are well.

the bleeding is still there, but maybe a bit less. realistically I think it's probably all over, but will go for the scan tomorrow. Ive had to tell work that I needed to leave as my appointment is 11.30 and then I got all upset becuase I had to explain why I needed to leave - I did not want to be weepy in work (who does!?) anyways...I have pulled myself together now and will catch up with you all. huge :hugs: to you all

Oh honey huge hugs are comming your way, i am praying for a miracle here, i have heard many stories about bleeding, and the baby was fine, and that is what i am hoping and praying happens for you!!!!

Yes this is also our 1st. and our 1st time trying via fertility assistance. We've been trying since 2009.:hi:
Hi Lady DC - welcome to the thread :flower: I hope your treatment is successful! I don't have any stories for you Im sorry, but you might have more luck on the main forum - because all us ladies on this thread are still trying to concieve number 1

awww Purp... so hoping that you have a lovely surprise when you go tomorrow and see a lil beanie in there... if the worst happens then we are here to virtually hug ya as much as you need xx

HA... you are a woman after my own heart and if what you said makes you a bad ass than stand by cos I am right next to ya in the bad ass league!!! I hated Mariah Carey as well lol... shhhh I am a real bad ass hahahaha

Purple sending lots of :hugs: I hope for nothing but good news for you tomorrow :hugs:

HA :hugs: You're not a bad person for feeling the way you do :hugs:

Sorry not been on for a few days but not a lot happening here :) Firmly on the whatever wagon this cycle with no temping, OPKs, etc just hoping to get lots of BDing done and praying I catch the egg.

Sending :hugs: for all who need one and :dust: to all wanting some x

Hey Ladies -

I want to apologize for my angry post last night. I needed to vent and I know this is a "safe" place to do so. I just don't want to bring down the tone of our thread. It was mostly the green-eyed monster of envy speaking, mixed with a big dose of pain and sadness, and a big dose of anger/annoyance with today's "news" coverage that felt it necessary to replay her big reveal moment over and over and over all day. Thank you all for understanding where I was coming from and not thinking I'm a terrible person, and thank you all for being a safe place to let those ugly thoughts out - I'd be lost without you bunch. :hugs:

Truth is, I think Beyonce seems like a really lovely woman, a really smart business woman, and she seems to really have her head on straight (not to mention drop-dead gorgeous!). Now, Mariah Carey, on the other hand... well, we won't go there! :haha:

Purple, I'm holding out hope for your LO's scan tomorrow, and I completely understand your fear and anxiety. Just know that we'll be here for you whatever the news is. :hugs:

Hey Ladies -

I want to apologize for my angry post last night. I needed to vent and I know this is a "safe" place to do so. I just don't want to bring down the tone of our thread. It was mostly the green-eyed monster of envy speaking, mixed with a big dose of pain and sadness, and a big dose of anger/annoyance with today's "news" coverage that felt it necessary to replay her big reveal moment over and over and over all day. Thank you all for understanding where I was coming from and not thinking I'm a terrible person, and thank you all for being a safe place to let those ugly thoughts out - I'd be lost without you bunch. :hugs:

Truth is, I think Beyonce seems like a really lovely woman, a really smart business woman, and she seems to really have her head on straight (not to mention drop-dead gorgeous!). Now, Mariah Carey, on the other hand... well, we won't go there! :haha:

Purple, I'm holding out hope for your LO's scan tomorrow, and I completely understand your fear and anxiety. Just know that we'll be here for you whatever the news is. :hugs:

Honey you have nothing to apoligize for, i can guarantee that every one of us on here at one point or another has felt the way you do. I have had to deal with not one, not two but 6 women in my office being pg, and i can say that after i lost the baby in 09 after 9 weeks, omg i hated every pg woman with a passion, but when i calmed down, i realized its not their fault, and to be honest i would not wish this on my worst enemy, well ok maybe i would lol. I dont usually let it bother me anymore, but my DH goes off the deep end all the time, there was a girl on the news a couple of weeks ago, she was 17 and 6 months pg, she was shot and killed by a boyfriend or something, they saved the baby, my dh went off the deep end because they kept talking about it, she was 17 and already had a child with another one on the way, and he was ranting about how she was 17 with two kids and we could not manage to even have one, and i had to remind him that she was dead. We all go though it, and thankfully we have each other, i have said this before, and i will say it again, without all you ladies, i dont think i could have kept a positive attitude, and stayed on this journey. We love you honey!! Oh and i agree, Mariah, yeaaaaaaaaa along with Katie Perry, sluts, there i said it lol.:hugs:

I do have to say though there are times when i am on these boards (Not this thread) and someone cries and moans about how they have been trying for 3 WHOLE months and they need cheering up that i just want to slap the shit out of them!!!!

I will let you all know what happens tomorrow. Hugs :hugs: to you all. I am not terribly good at explaining myself in written words, but what I really want to say is that even though everyone here is going through their own heartache and emotional rollercoaster, you are all so kind and lovely to have taken time to think of me. I really can't say thank you enough.

and HappyAuntie - if you can't vent here...where can you vent?!

i am so happy to have found this forum and especially this thread!!

OMM - you just made me laugh...."sluts" lmao!!

:hugs: I am glad i could make you laugh. And no need to thank us, i guess maybe becasue all of us have been in your shoes, we all feel your pain, and know exactly what your feeling. We are here for you honey, come good or bad, but i am praying for good. Stupid question honey but have you taken a pg test? I would think if it still showed positive you have a very good chance of getting good news tomorrow.

Purplelou :hugs:

OMM pmsl at your Katie Perry comment, my BFF hates her with a passion and says she looks like she needs a good scrub/bath ha ha.

HA, I think everyone here on this thread has also had a gutful of the celeb baby bump culture so you're more than entitled to gnash your teeth at this.

Respect to Celine Dion though who has actually spoken publicly about her fertility issues and treatment etc, too bad a few more of them aren't more open about this.

In Scotland one of our weatherwomen just had twins at 44 - I'd love to open the paper and read her true story instead of "my little surprise" or whatever:shrug:

Purplelou :hugs:

OMM pmsl at your Katie Perry comment, my BFF hates her with a passion and says she looks like she needs a good scrub/bath ha ha.

HA, I think everyone here on this thread has also had a gutful of the celeb baby bump culture so you're more than entitled to gnash your teeth at this.

Respect to Celine Dion though who has actually spoken publicly about her fertility issues and treatment etc, too bad a few more of them aren't more open about this.

In Scotland one of our weatherwomen just had twins at 44 - I'd love to open the paper and read her true story instead of "my little surprise" or whatever:shrug:

I so agree with you - I really admire and appreciate her being so open about it. I understand why celebs want to hold onto some shred of privacy, but if more people would talk about it, we could end the stigma associated with it. There is no shame in needing help to have a baby. Sure, none of us wanted to need help, but so what? Plus, the more 40+ celebs have babies without talking about what it took to get there, the more it misleads regular people to think it can happen for them with no trouble at all... how many of us knew before we started ttc how huge of a factor our age would be? The one that really gets me is Kelly Preston having a baby at 48 and saying nothing about how - sorry, but that doesn't happen without donor eggs. Why hide it?? It's just really frustrating for those of us in the trenches.

Bleh. Well ladies, today is officially the worst birthday of my life. I'm getting all these happy birthday comments on FB and all I really want to say is "My baby died a week ago and if there were ice cream in the house I would eat it for breakfast instead of crying into my cereal." I've always been very open about our struggles and our losses - I posted it on FB last week as soon as we'd told all our family in person, and got tons of love and support and sympathy when I did. But people who've never had a loss have no clue that I am still in hell over here - they have no clue how NOT happy this birthday is, how there is no way I could "enjoy this day" or "do something great". They have no clue that I cried myself to sleep last night, and cried again when I woke up this morning. I'm sure as the day goes on I'll think of something appropriate to post on FB about it, but I don't want my friends to feel like I don't appreciate their well-wishes, ykwim? I don't want to invite their pity by posting just how miserable today is, I just want more people to understand how this isn't something that just goes away in a week....

Love you ladies. Purple, praying for you today - big big hugs, and strength to get through the waiting today.....

HA...sorry it's a crap birthday...one you won't forget for all the wrong reasons :hugs:

Got to love FB...just had a message asking if I want to go to cheap bingo off a 'friend' I said not in the mood and have no patience..they asked why and I said it's coming up to my due date. Nothing since :saywhat: really pees me off as like I have said before...until you have a loss, you don't have any idea what some one is going through and even then...everyone's journey is different. Your life is in slow motion and time stands still...everyone else's life just carries on regardless :shrug:

Big :hugs: hun :hugs:

XxX

HA and Never :hugs: it's just crap really.

FB is a double edged sword, though I haven't had a loss like you, I do struggle a bit with it since TTC, with a couple of friends in particular...:nope: people don't mean to be hurtful but it still hurts.

Kelly Preston yeah, not sure how donor eggs IVF would reconcile with Scientologist values...:shrug:

Totally agree that all the 40s celebs dropping babies like it was the easiest thing in the world raises expectations unrealistically high for the rest of us:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->