TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi Butterfly - how are things with you ? that fruit sculpture in your avatar looks so yummy!

Hi Purple :hi: thanks for asking I am fine, just thinking about heading back to my other home in the sun :) feeling very up and down about this cycle - think I have done everything I can for it but then what if it doesn't work? :shrug:

Yes, I could actually eat that picture lol!

:hugs::hugs: to you

ETA I can also vouch for Wooly's cakes :thumbup: - get them while they are hot!

Ill keep my fingers crossed for you hun xx
as for wooly's cakes - sounds yummy!!

Welcome, Stacy & Bearlake! :hi: I'm glad you found us (and glad you joined us after lurking, Bearlake :winkwink: ) FX'd for both your results - hoping the embryologists have good news for you. :thumbup:

Purple, I'm glad you're feeling a little better today. Like OMM said (at least, I think it was OMM), your moods are going to bounce around for a while but eventually you'll reach a point where the good days outweigh the bad. :hugs:

Butterfly, FX'd you caught the eggie this month! Try to take comfort in the fact that you've done everything you can this month - don't beat yourself up over it, because the rest is just out of your hands. If it doesn't work this month, do you have a plan for what your next step is? :hugs:

And how come everyone knows about Wooly's cakes except me?! :growlmad: I want cake!! :brat: Actually, I happen to have cake in the house today - very unusual for me - it's too dangerous to keep around, as evidenced by the fact that I came thiiiiiis close to giving in to the urge to have a slice for breakfast.... :shy: But I was a good girl and had my cereal instead. Not nearly as tasty, but at least I get to feel self-righteous for it. :haha:

FYI for those of you who don't follow the graduates thread, Pablo had her little girl, Josephine, yesterday, after 34 hrs of labor and an epidural that wore off just before delivery. Yeeouch!!! Stories like that are enough to make me wonder sometimes if I reeeealllyy want to do this.... Anyway, they're both doing well. (Never, extra :hugs: to you - I know Pablo's was a tough one for you since your EDD was so close to hers. :hugs::hugs:)

AFM, def leaning toward IVF the last few days, but DH is def not... he's very anxious about the expense of it, since IUI is so much cheaper and we know it works for us. I just don't think I have the emotional stamina left to go through 3 more rounds of it and THEN try several rounds of IVF - I am ready to be done. I've been at this long enough, and with the way we both felt before this last pregnancy, I suspect we'd be closer to giving up than pushing forward if we go through another 3 IUIs - that's certainly how we felt before this last cycle. I think the temporary pregnancy just gave DH a little case of amnesia and has made him forget how miserable and exhausted we both were just a month ago...

Ooh, but on the good news side, we got gorgeous weather all of a sudden yesterday! It's been in the upper 90s for most of the summer, a good 10-15 degrees above average for central Indiana, but then yesterday the high was only 70 and we got to sleep with the windows open for the first time all summer! I was very excited - DH not so much. :haha:

I'm off to counseling shortly - I may have that piece of cake when I get home.... :haha:

I hope you all have a good day. :flower:
xoxo

I know I'm late to the party but I just saw the Beyonce clip & I would now like to punch her too!

Greetings fellow over thirty-fivers!

A little about me:
I'm 37, as is my husband (married July 9th this year after an almost 5-year courtship).
We've been ttc for just over 2 years. No luck naturally.
All systems go on my side, hubby has mid-low sperm count, motility, and morphology
We had an IUI in April, followed by a :bfn: We wanted to try again but insurance wouldn't cover an IUI, so we've moved on to the IVF. We took a few months off from TTC for the wedding an honeymoon, and picked up this cycle.

I began BCP in August, followed by Menopur and Gonal-F. I had my trigger injection Saturday night and egg retrieval this morning. They were able to get 9 eggs. I will hear from the ED on Wednesday about the date of the transfer (either Thursday or Saturday).

I'd love any suggestions, feedback, and positive thoughts! I realize that I have only been in the trenches for a few years and have had only 2 assisted attempts, but I definitely get the frustration and tears. My thoughts are with you all as we travel this crazy road (hoping to hit a bump!). xoxo

Thanks-
Stacy

Stacy, good luck, 9 eggs is great!!!! I sure hope your bfp shows up real soon with a super sticky bean, until then welcome to our little family!!

Hi,
This is my first post but I have been lurking for ages,
this is such a supportive thread and you women are amazing!

I am 38, DH 38 and we've been TTC for about 2 yrs. We had
early MC in 2008 and started IVF in July after what felt like eternity of
temping, using softcups. OPK's, different supplements, no coffee no alcohol etc etc. And every month AF arrives with a vengeance!

I had my EC yesterday and they got 21 eggs. I was told that I am at high risk of OHSS and they've asked me to drink plenty and measure my urine output until the ET.

I'm really worried that in spite of the amount of eggs they retrieved
we will fail this cycle. I am convinced that it is my duff eggs that
are the problem. DHs SA is within normal limits I believe.

I'm also still in a lot of pain which I hope is normal after the EC. I seem
to remember that some of you (Skye & FM???) had OHSS ?
How long did it last for you?

I'm finding it really hard to stay upbeat.
This is such a tough journey.

Sorry I haven't figured out how to do all the icons etc but am sending
Babydust and sunshine to you all !

Xx K

WOW 21 eggs is FANTASTIC!!! No wonder why your still in pain. I sure hope that you get some nice little ones out of that. Dont give up hope, i bet we will see your bfp with a sticky bean or beans real soon. Welcome to our little group, any time your feeling down you just let us know and we will cheer you right up!!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Twinkle & Butterfly- I love your avatars!

HA- I'm so sorry for your recent loss.
It must be so difficult to decide what to do next. I was never really given an option for IUI, my clinic said that they only recommend it for same sex couples and for women affected by PCOA's! I find all this so confusing, I think the advice depends on the country, the individual doctors, the clinics and here in UK also about the funding & resources. That's why reading about all the different experiences of women on this thread is so valuable.
I have to say that so far the worse thing of IVF for me has been the EC as I didn't get major mood changes or side-effects from the hormones (I was prepared for total meltdowns and becoming a raging looney on Gonal-F, but hey it never happened for me). And of course I find this 'not knowing' and waiting business a total nightmare.

Drwi - So sorry that your cycle didn't work out. It is such a heartwrenching journey. What is your plan now, if I may ask?

Purple - so sorry for your loss, thanks for your warm welcome!

OMM - thanks for your kind words. Do you know when you'll start your ivf ?

Sorry I know I missed many of you. Feeling a bit woozy on these painkillers... off to find some chocolate, my favourite painkiller of all.

Babydust for you all x x

Bearlake - if you go here: https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html it will tell you all about the smilies etc! xx

wooly - I may take you up on that :) how are you feeling today ?

HA - you are very brave for resisting the cake, but it'd be shame to let it go to waste! don't resist forever. and thank you for keeping us up to date with the graduates thread xx

bearlake - thanks xx and chocolate is THE best painkiller, for all manner of trauma!

never - special :hugs: for you

twinkle - I just noticed your ticker.....I cannot believe that christmas is coming around so fast!!

Huge :hugs: for all you ladies

Purple - just PM me any time you want some cake :)

HA - if I could get my cake to the US I would definitely send you some :hugs:

AFM I think yesterday may have been ovulation day as I had ovulation pain and EWCM and today have a migraine which looking over my notes is not uncommon on 1dpo but who knows as not monitoring in any other way. Due to the migraine my exercise today has been a 40 minute dog walk and I'll do another 30 minute dog walk with DH tonight.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Twinkle & Butterfly- I love your avatars!

HA- I'm so sorry for your recent loss.
It must be so difficult to decide what to do next. I was never really given an option for IUI, my clinic said that they only recommend it for same sex couples and for women affected by PCOA's! I find all this so confusing, I think the advice depends on the country, the individual doctors, the clinics and here in UK also about the funding & resources. That's why reading about all the different experiences of women on this thread is so valuable.
I have to say that so far the worse thing of IVF for me has been the EC as I didn't get major mood changes or side-effects from the hormones (I was prepared for total meltdowns and becoming a raging looney on Gonal-F, but hey it never happened for me). And of course I find this 'not knowing' and waiting business a total nightmare.

Drwi - So sorry that your cycle didn't work out. It is such a heartwrenching journey. What is your plan now, if I may ask?

Purple - so sorry for your loss, thanks for your warm welcome!

OMM - thanks for your kind words. Do you know when you'll start your ivf ?

Sorry I know I missed many of you. Feeling a bit woozy on these painkillers... off to find some chocolate, my favourite painkiller of all.

Babydust for you all x x

I figure if all goes well, i will start my IVF in november, i will know more after i talk to this doctor on friday. I figure she will want to do day 3 bloods, and then she might want a dye test, so thats why i am figuring the end of october, begining of november if all goes well. There are so many hurdles i have to get through first so i am not counting on anything just yet.

Purple - just PM me any time you want some cake :)

HA - if I could get my cake to the US I would definitely send you some :hugs:

AFM I think yesterday may have been ovulation day as I had ovulation pain and EWCM and today have a migraine which looking over my notes is not uncommon on 1dpo but who knows as not monitoring in any other way. Due to the migraine my exercise today has been a 40 minute dog walk and I'll do another 30 minute dog walk with DH tonight.

Hmmmmm thats interesting that you get a migraine after O, i had a bad headache yesterday that i just could not get rid of, finally gave in and took something for it, and then had to take something again later on. Near as i can figure i am 3dpo today. The 40 min walk is just fine honey, your still moving, but also being kind to yourself, i know you want to lose the weight, but dont push yourself too hard, sometimes our bodies just need a bit of a breather!!

wooly - I may take you up on that :) how are you feeling today ?

HA - you are very brave for resisting the cake, but it'd be shame to let it go to waste! don't resist forever. and thank you for keeping us up to date with the graduates thread xx

bearlake - thanks xx and chocolate is THE best painkiller, for all manner of trauma!

never - special :hugs: for you

twinkle - I just noticed your ticker.....I cannot believe that christmas is coming around so fast!!Huge :hugs: for all you ladies

Ugh, i am so not ready for Christmas, actually i am ready for Christmas, i love the holiday, just cant STAND the snow and cold that comes with it. We only had a high of 64 yesterday, burrrrrr i was freezing my butt off, :cry: i dont want summer to go away!!!! Its not fair that we only have 3 months of nice warm summer weather, and all the rest of it is crap!!!

Sorry for a selfish post..

HA...thanks for the heads up, I have been following here and grads thread...just in abad place right now. :hugs:

Purple...Wooly's cake is lovely :thumbup: also, what you are experiencing is perfectly normal. I also end up dealing with a situation I think is going to upset me completly fine yet get caught out when I least expect it :hugs:

:hi: to the new ladies and everyone else :flower:

AFM, not in a good place :cry: but wanted to thank you for the hugs and nice thoughts. So I'll carry on lurking and staying in my journal mainly for now.

:dust: to all

XxX

Chris ,everything will fit into place for you and u will get that extra sticky bean ,love always Tracey :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Wooly , 30 mins walk three days a week is wots recommended so u are doing loads ,glad the migraine is gone ,I really feel for you having to cope with them :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sorry for a selfish post..

HA...thanks for the heads up, I have been following here and grads thread...just in abad place right now. :hugs:

Purple...Wooly's cake is lovely :thumbup: also, what you are experiencing is perfectly normal. I also end up dealing with a situation I think is going to upset me completly fine yet get caught out when I least expect it :hugs:

:hi: to the new ladies and everyone else :flower:

AFM, not in a good place :cry: but wanted to thank you for the hugs and nice thoughts. So I'll carry on lurking and staying in my journal mainly for now.

:dust: to all
XxX
:hugs: super big hugs to you honey, just take it one day at a time, i promise you it will get better. Oh and dont try and fight the bad days, they are going to come no matter what, just pamper yourself and take it easy. Love you hon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->