TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Chris dye test literally is a colored liquid that they push up the uterus and through the fallopian tubes, while the dr watch it on the screen. Just to make sure your tubes can open up to let the eggs through. It doesn't show any abnormalities or anything. Could it be hysterescopy that she wants to apply? (Which is looking into your uterus and scraping any scar tissue, a standard step in IVF) Cause on IVF it doesn't matter even if your tubes blocked since the dr collects the egg and transfers the embie back in the uterus. It completely skips this traveling step. So I don't see why it would be relevant in your case. Especially when you already had a few BFP's.

Girls I'm sorry I'm not ignoring anyone but I literally didn't have time to read back. i just saw Chris's post so I will repost when I have some time.
AFM having a good time chilling and eating. Just what I needed xxx

Chris ,everything will fit into place for you and u will get that extra sticky bean ,love always Tracey :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Tracey, thanks honey, i sure hope it does, i guess one too many times i have been so excited and hopeful over something only to have it go bad. Please forgive me ladies if i get a bit negative at times, i guess i am just having such a hard time believing we have the money and this could actually work lol. Oh and Tracey, i am bring you with me on this pg ride, both of us are going to get pg, and keep these little ones for nine whole months, we will have little ones to hold and love very soon!!!!

Chris dye test literally is a colored liquid that they push up the uterus and through the fallopian tubes, while the dr watch it on the screen. Just to make sure your tubes can open up to let the eggs through. It doesn't show any abnormalities or anything. Could it be hysterescopy that she wants to apply? (Which is looking into your uterus and scraping any scar tissue, a standard step in IVF) Cause on IVF it doesn't matter even if your tubes blocked since the dr collects the egg and transfers the embie back in the uterus. It completely skips this traveling step. So I don't see why it would be relevant in your case. Especially when you already had a few BFP's.

Girls I'm sorry I'm not ignoring anyone but I literally didn't have time to read back. i just saw Chris's post so I will repost when I have some time.
AFM having a good time chilling and eating. Just what I needed xxx

Thanks honey, i am more worried that something is wrong that is causing the embies not to stick, but if they do that hysterescopy during IVF perhaps that will make sure all is well. I have not spoken to the doctor, this is just me being my analytical self and thinking about everything and anything they might want to do, and everything and anything that could go wrong lol. Thanks so much for all your information, you have helped me so much, as i have a much clearer picture of what to expect.:hugs:

Chris ,everything will fit into place for you and u will get that extra sticky bean ,love always Tracey :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Tracey, thanks honey, i sure hope it does, i guess one too many times i have been so excited and hopeful over something only to have it go bad. Please forgive me ladies if i get a bit negative at times, i guess i am just having such a hard time believing we have the money and this could actually work lol. Oh and Tracey, i am bring you with me on this pg ride, both of us are going to get pg, and keep these little ones for nine whole months, we will have little ones to hold and love very soon!!!!

U better believe it ,:hugs:And I can't wait to go on that ride,u and me Hun ,our time is coming ,stay strong lovely,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Purple I wish I could give u real hugs when you feel like that. All the girls here have given you good advice already. Be gentle and patient with yourself and grieve as much as you need. I'm sorry I don't have anything wiser to add but I think you are doing really well since what you went through was so sad and hard. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Butterfly : Yummmy Macwooly: sooo cuuute, I love your avatars girls xx

Butterfly any news from your blood tests? Or did I already miss that info?

Macwooly well done on the weight loss, u go girl.

HA that is the main reason why I caved in to IVF in the end. Time definitely plays against the will and psychology. I wish deciding whic way to go wasn't as difficult. Good luck girl.

Dwrgi I hope this DHEA works, I don't know much about it and I'm very curious to see how it works for you. How will you know if it is working or not. Can they do any tests?? Or is it like a vitamin? BTW I had a horrible headache just before and during my period after my first IVF due to very high levels of eastrogen. Wonder if yours is related. One other thing about your eggs I wonder if your trigger was too late and some of your eggs popped before the collection. Any chance u can check your last Eastrogen level before the trigger?

4ever young good luck, bloody TWW is a bit of a stone in the stomach. Try to watch as many comedies as you can and keep distracted. Pls update on the embies. I hopw they are developing and growing xxx

Awww Bearlake OHSS is really not pleasant. What painkillers are you on? Paracetamols? Drinking helps but I ended up drinking more than I could pea so I got swollen like a pumpkin. So make sure you pea before you top up. Around 2-2.5 litres is good. It doesn't go away easily I'm afraid. Hopefully u would get pregnant (all fingers toes crossed) but if so u can expect it to get worst. I goota go DHs already closed the lights and tugging at my pjs to sleep. Will update tomorrow. xxx

Hi Skye, yes so far all tests are good - day 3 and 21 normal. The bf is going for his SA on 22 September then once we get those results I can go further. I think i need to consider ivf for early next year if no joy by then but I'm having doubts that it is really all too late... :hugs:

Hi All-- Love reading the posts. I am sitting here FX anticipating a call tomorrow. Nature (and assisted nature) sure likes to take its time! :)

Anyway, I had a little cramping today, but I am definitely better. Thanks to everyone for being here. It's great to know I'm not alone :)

OK you know what is really cool, i just went back to the begining of this thread, and just about all the ladies on there either had a baby or are expecting. I have to say thats pretty good, this must be one lucky thread!!!:happydance:

OK you know what is really cool, i just went back to the begining of this thread, and just about all the ladies on there either had a baby or are expecting. I have to say thats pretty good, this must be one lucky thread!!!:happydance:

Chris u will be an inspiration one day for newcommers :winkwink: Is that not a great thought???? xx

Butterfly congratulations for all the clear :happydance: That is a great sign. I had exactly the same doubts as you a looong loooooong looong time. It only made me lose time more than anything. I had perfect results and kept trying but it just didn't happen. I lost more confidence, got depressed which created a lot of tension between me and DH. It really is a tough call. Depends on your stamina for how long you can TTC. Also you and BF has a major distance issue so tx seems a logical solution for you but still it doesn't mean deciding is any easier. :hugs::hugs: I understand how you feel and feel for u hon. Good luck. xxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Bearlake and 4ever, biiig biiig biiig pile of bb dust and good luck for you and your little embies. Grow little and embies grow to be prefect blastos..... Pls update daily how it goes.
Bearlake how is your swelling? I forgot to add yesterday you should rest and not stand as much as possible cause the swelling gets worst as you stand up. You can do small walks around the room to stimulate your intestines but not much else. You didn't have the transfer yet have u? If you get any symptoms like shortness of breath (when u find yourself gasping for breath) u must go to a hospital. Also drinking Gatorade (it's water with electrolides) helps. You can count it as water. Hope it gets better before the transfer xx

Purple I wish I could give u real hugs when you feel like that. All the girls here have given you good advice already. Be gentle and patient with yourself and grieve as much as you need. I'm sorry I don't have anything wiser to add but I think you are doing really well since what you went through was so sad and hard. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

HA that is the main reason why I caved in to IVF in the end. Time definitely plays against the will and psychology. I wish deciding whic way to go wasn't as difficult. Good luck girl.

Dwrgi I hope this DHEA works, I don't know much about it and I'm very curious to see how it works for you. How will you know if it is working or not. Can they do any tests?? Or is it like a vitamin? BTW I had a horrible headache just before and during my period after my first IVF due to very high levels of eastrogen. Wonder if yours is related. One other thing about your eggs I wonder if your trigger was too late and some of your eggs popped before the collection. Any chance u can check your last Eastrogen level before the trigger?

4ever young good luck, bloody TWW is a bit of a stone in the stomach. Try to watch as many comedies as you can and keep distracted. Pls update on the embies. I hopw they are developing and growing xxx

Awww Bearlake OHSS is really not pleasant. What painkillers are you on? Paracetamols? Drinking helps but I ended up drinking more than I could pea so I got swollen like a pumpkin. So make sure you pea before you top up. Around 2-2.5 litres is good. It doesn't go away easily I'm afraid. Hopefully u would get pregnant (all fingers toes crossed) but if so u can expect it to get worst. I goota go DHs already closed the lights and tugging at my pjs to sleep. Will update tomorrow. xxx

HI Skye

So good to hear from you! I am intrigued about the DHEA-good question about how to check whether it works. I'll do some research, as I had been wondering the exact same thing.

Also, I have had the WORST headache ever with this period, and I'm sure it is related to the treatment. Am glad to hear that others had the same problem too.

I can't get my head around what happened, and I, too, have been wondering if I ovulated before the egg collection. It just doesn't make any sense: twelve follicles=2 eggs!! I also know of another person at my clinic who is 35 and whose amh was 2.0 (mine is 2.9; I am 40) and she had 8 eggs first go and tweleve the second (after taking DHEA). I said this to my consultant, and she said that if you are younger, you may produce more eggs with a lower amh level, but I just can't believe this, as the amh tells you how much eggs you may have left, regardless of age. It just doesn't add up. I know I am going on about this and I'm sure others are really bored with the topic, but if I had follicles of 20mm, 19, and 18mm two days before EC (the scan was at 10am and the trigger taken that evening at 10.15pm), then it has occured to me that these ovulated before EC. I can't get any peace from these thoughts-it has completely devastated me, and I wake up at night in a cold sweat, beside myself thinking I shall never be a mother. It just doesn't add up.

Sorry Skye; thanks so much for thinking about me. It means A LOT!

Hope you are managing to rest as much as you can, you have little bubba to look after too!

Lots of love
Axxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi hon I have been wondering the exact same thing for you. It is true that sometimes you do get empty follicles but 2 out of 12 is a bit too much. I wish I was an expert on this to help you figure out. Clinics unfortunately cling on to "You are too old" "Your eggs no good" tirade to save their a... cause they know you don't know much to oppose to it. My IVF in Turkey 19 eggs only 3 fertilised and all started declining on day 3. The transfer felt all wrong. i knew it wasn't gonna work. The embryologist said "your eggs bad quality because of your age" So how come my next IVF I had 21 eggs and 10 fertilised. 6 blastos to a perfect quality???? I know the first one didn't stimulate me well and tune the meds. I also remember having this really weird icky EWCM in the first one that seemed completely unnatural and icky. I somehow knew my body was forced the wrong way. 2nd IVF EWCM natural clear as usual.
Unfortunately every step in IVF is really impt. That's why the clinic is very impt. They have to be super competant on stimms, collection transfer and after... I keep talking about checking HFEA sorry I am being boring but pls do it to have a peace of mind. Just to make sure that they are reliable. IVF live birth rates vary between 30% to 50 sthg% The more closer to 50 your clinic is the better it is. Cause imagine the difference between 30 and 50 percent is many babies.
Lot's of hugs sweetie

One more thing, the more patients a clinic treats the better it is if the rates are high. It means they have more healthy bbs each year. The website is a bit confusing at first but if you take your time to analyse it actually makes sense and very helpful. xx

OMM what a lovely thing to notice about this thread. Lets pray it will be lucky thread for all of us. :hugs:

Skye, thanks for your advice. I remember you writing about Gatorade a while back so bought some before the ER when the clinic said I was a high risk of OHSS. I'm not able to do much due to the soreness and bloatiness, had to take time off sick from work and just taking it easy at home. Not breathless or vomiting so I hope I'll be ok.
Transfer is either tomorrow or Saturday. I'm really worried that because they got quite a few eggs, they will all be really poor quality....
will this worrying ever end?

4everyoung, how are you doing? Any news yet?

Dwrgi, I don't know what to say, hope you'll find an explanation of some sort.

Have a good day ladies
:dust: for us all x

Dear Skye, the thing is my clinic is very new-CRMW (now CRGW) and only opened in August last year. It employs top notch consultants, who come with excellent CVs, many from IVF Wales, who have a very good reputation. I chose CRGW as it had such good reviews from other clients, but as yet it hasn't published success rates as it is too young. I know that their success rate in treating under 35 year olds is 67% which is phenomenol.

I am considering going for a consultation with IVF Wales and seeing what they say-although I know of people who have used IVF Wales AND CRGW who believe that CRGW is much better, in quality of care, etc.

Of course, I don't have time on my hands, and I need to act fast, but I am finding it very hard.

Thanks Bearlake for your good wishes. It is very hard to read of your success, thus far, but I really hope for the best for you.

Axxxxxxxxxx
:flower:

Thanks so much Skye for your thoughts, yes I need to really think seriously about tx :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi I am so sorry that these thoughts are torturing you, I know I would think the same in your position. Hopefully you can get some answers and yes maybe another clinic might do a different treatment and the result will be different but please don't lose hope hon :hugs::hugs::hugs:

xx

Dwrgi,
I am so sorry you are up at night worrying about your IVF treatment and whether you will be a mother. As for the first part, it is good to be spurred to action in researching the best clinic & asking as many questions as you can. We may not be doctor but we are experts on our own body. My first IUI failed I think because they triggered me to soon and the Femara didn't stimulate me to produce more eggs than I could naturally. I asked for a consult before moving on to my next treatment. They were nice about it but I had the distinct impression that they thought I was being high maintenance b/c I hadn't run thru 3 cycles of IUI yet. But I felt our time & money were running out. We switched to Clomid, Pregnyl for my trigger & waited three days longer for my trigger. You help the doctor make the adjustments. I hope this next IVF cycle brings you success. I do believe that you cannot give up and that you will be a mom. An amazing one at that. I wish you could find the peace you are looking for. The worrying doesn't end, but you deserve real contentment. Big hugs.

Welcome to the newbies ... foreveryoung, bearlake ... am I missing one?

Hugs to Purple & HA. Thinking of Butterfly, Twinkle, and OMM. Where is FM? I am going to stalk her journal for an update. All of you ladies will have your sticky beans. Hang in there.

HI Skye

So good to hear from you! I am intrigued about the DHEA-good question about how to check whether it works. I'll do some research, as I had been wondering the exact same thing.

Also, I have had the WORST headache ever with this period, and I'm sure it is related to the treatment. Am glad to hear that others had the same problem too.

I can't get my head around what happened, and I, too, have been wondering if I ovulated before the egg collection. It just doesn't make any sense: twelve follicles=2 eggs!! I also know of another person at my clinic who is 35 and whose amh was 2.0 (mine is 2.9; I am 40) and she had 8 eggs first go and tweleve the second (after taking DHEA). I said this to my consultant, and she said that if you are younger, you may produce more eggs with a lower amh level, but I just can't believe this, as the amh tells you how much eggs you may have left, regardless of age. It just doesn't add up. I know I am going on about this and I'm sure others are really bored with the topic, but if I had follicles of 20mm, 19, and 18mm two days before EC (the scan was at 10am and the trigger taken that evening at 10.15pm), then it has occured to me that these ovulated before EC. I can't get any peace from these thoughts-it has completely devastated me, and I wake up at night in a cold sweat, beside myself thinking I shall never be a mother. It just doesn't add up.

Sorry Skye; thanks so much for thinking about me. It means A LOT!

Hope you are managing to rest as much as you can, you have little bubba to look after too!

Lots of love
Axxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh honey please, none of us is bored and you have every right to go on about this, its very troubling. I actually have thought the same thing, see for me whenever we did the IUI's, i would do the trigger shot the night before we did the first IUI, every time i would ovulate the following night, i knew i ovulated because the pain in my ovaries would go away. I have been reading up on the IVF process and they give you the HCG shot two days before they collect the eggs, and i thought, that would be too late for me. I am wondering if your body ovulated the bigger eggs, as they were the right size and only the little ones were left, which grew and were able to be collected. There is a program here in the states called the Little Couple, they are both dwarf's and they are trying to have a child, they are going to use a surrogate, she went through the process to collect her eggs, she had two, the day of collection she only had one, so they decided to collect the one, in the 15 min it took to get her ready and in the room, she had ovulated the second egg. I really think this is what happend with you, there is no freaking way you had 8 eggs and all but 2 disappeared.

It is completely understandable that this is still on your mind and still upsetting - you have SO much invested in an IVF cycle, emotionally and financially - that it's only natural to want to understand why this happened.

I can't remember - have you had a follow-up consult with your clinic yet, or just phone calls? If not, push for one. Take a written list of EVERYTHING that has popped into your head - every question, every musing, everything, and don't leave until they have answered everything in a fashion that you can understand. If they give you an answer that still doesn't make sense to you, ask again. They are the ones with all the training and knowledge, and part of their job is to explain things in a way we can understand. Next, at the very least, go get a second opinion at a different clinic. Take every page of your records with you from the beginning of your journey - all your labs, all the SAs and your IUI records as well as everything related to this IVF cycle. Let the 2nd clinic examine everything and see what they think of this cycle. There are as many different ways to stim an IVF cycle as there are women on this planet, and a different dr may have a different approach/opinion/insight/plan for you.

It's all about getting answers to the things that are bothering you. You won't be able to be at peace with this cycle until you have some understanding of what happened and why. You won't be able to be at peace with a decision about whether or not to try another cycle until you understand what happened this time, and have a reasonable expectation that the next cycle will be different.

:hugs::hugs:

OMM that is pretty cool - but please could we just have a group hug for those of us from the 1st 10 pages who are still here? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->