TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Twinks GROUP HUGS come for all the girls in here :))) and double hugs for those who feel they need it at the moment.

Dwrgi I totally agree with HA. A follow up consultation from your clinic is a must. A consultation with another clinic is also a great idea. Won't cost you too much and you can get your records examined. Also I totally agree with Lava, there is no patient as high maintenance in tx. All is expensive and physically and mentally very draining so you have a right to ask ask ask ask ask untill you get a good understanding of what's going on.
69% success rates doesn't seem realistic since they are so new. Is that a number they gave you?
Sweetie you will be a great mum one day and you will earn all the happiness with your effort :))) HUGS

Bearlake why do you say bad eggs? Are they fertilised yet and how are the embies doing? Sometimes they spurt out at the last minute so don't worry just yet sweetie. Do you have any romantic comedy videos and nibbles to take your mind off. Lot's of bb dust xxx

https://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/grouphugg.gif

I am always up for hugs with you lovely ladies!! - especially you Twinkle xxx

Dwrgi - firstly, I am not bored for one nano second by your ponderings. I wish I had some advice I could give you that would help. I am so sorry this is keeping you awake at nights. I can't even imagine where you are at the moment but I do understand that feeling of time running away and the pressure that we are under to make decisions and "do " something. I am sending you all the love I can and I hope that you can get your answers xxxx

HA - How are you doing? I hope the raw feelings are beginning to settle a little - I am finding it soo hard and I think you are so incredibly brave that you have lived through this 3 times. I so wish that you didn't have to xxx

wooly - how are you doing today? I hope this gloomy weather isn't making you feel too blue. Its so chilly! xxx

never - sweetie, I hope today is a tiny bit easier for you , special loves to you xxxx

butterfly - I hope that you don't even have to consider any treatment, because this is YOUR lucky cycle xxx

Skye - thank you hun. how are you and that little baby bump doing? O hope you are getting plenty of rest xxx

lava - how are you and the babies doing?? did you find out yet if baby number 2 is a girl or a boy ??

OMM - only 2 days till your appointment with the FS right?? do you have all your questions ready. Im going to keep everthing crossed for you that it goes well and you get all the information you need and that you doctor is fab!! xx

bearlake - good luck the transfer - I hope all your embies are super sticky good ones xx

forever - how are you doing?? any news yet??

ladies - I am feeling less loony and less emtional today - it's been an easier day! I have also been to see the haematolgist. he was very nice. about 10 years I had some chest pains and was investogated for them - I had a blood test which looked at "lupus anticoagulant" and apparently it was positive (although I wasn't told that at the time) it was repeated after about 6 months - I was the told that it was all ok, but, the doctor at the time told me to come back if I got pregnant. one of the effects that lupus anticoagulant has is early MC...... so anyway - I saw a new doctor today and he explained a lot to me. I had an armful of blood taken and then I will go back for results. If I get one positive test he says that if I get pregnant again I will have to be on aspirin and injected heparin twice a day to try and help me avoid MC again. usually they do 2 tests 6 months apart but I explained that I am really anxious about waiting 6 months - since I would be 40 by that time , and that's anoth birthday......anyway, he was very understanding and said that because of the time factor one test would be sufficeint if a positive result. I will have another appointment in about 8 weeks, but I am to ring if by any chance I manage to get pregnant before that. I feel quite positive after speaking to him today, at least if there is a problem - there is a treatment available, and if everything comes back ok, then I can at least think that this baby just wasn't meant to be :cry:

I hope that makes sense.... phew - that was long!

do I need to give anyone a prod to wake them up ??

Lou xxx

OK you know what is really cool, i just went back to the begining of this thread, and just about all the ladies on there either had a baby or are expecting. I have to say thats pretty good, this must be one lucky thread!!!:happydance:

OMM that is pretty cool - but please could we just have a group hug for those of us from the 1st 10 pages who are still here? :hugs:

Thank you for putting it so well - I was thinking something along those lines but with much more of a poor-pitiful-me attitude, so I kept it to myself.... When I stop to think about it, though, there are still a good handful of us - you, me, FM, Hearty ( :hi: ), MissyT and Carole (both of whom I keep hoping will come back to us) - we are in good company. :hugs:

And thank you all for the group hugs in return. This is why I love this thread. :hugs:

HA - How are you doing? I hope the raw feelings are beginning to settle a little - I am finding it soo hard and I think you are so incredibly brave that you have lived through this 3 times. I so wish that you didn't have to xxx

Meh, good days/bad days. Yesterday my counselor used her tricky wiles to make me realize I've been trying to minimize this miscarriage in a futile effort to make it hurt less, and I have to admit she was right... I definitely had that piece of cake when I got home from that appt. :cry: I love going to counseling - it's hard work and very taxing (I figure it's not a good session if I haven't at least teared up! :haha: ), but very cathartic. Mostly I'm trying to focus on making a decision about what treatment to pursue next... looking forward helps keep me from dwelling on the past too long - it's too easy to drown in what-ifs and self-pity if I look back too much.

It is incredibly hard, and people who haven't been thru it themselves truly can't understand how it feels. I can promise you, though, that it does get better with time. You will never forget your little baby, nor should you. If anyone tries to tell you different, ignore them and their ignorance. Or take the opportunity to tell them what this is really like, if you feel up to it. As much as I like my miscarriage/infertility soapbox, some people (jerks, mostly) will just never get it and I don't have the energy to keep beating my head against a brick wall.... Big, big hugs to you. :hugs::hugs:

Bearlake, did you post your fertilization report and I just didn't see it?

ladies - I am feeling less loony and less emtional today - it's been an easier day! I have also been to see the haematolgist. he was very nice. about 10 years I had some chest pains and was investogated for them - I had a blood test which looked at "lupus anticoagulant" and apparently it was positive (although I wasn't told that at the time) it was repeated after about 6 months - I was the told that it was all ok, but, the doctor at the time told me to come back if I got pregnant. one of the effects that lupus anticoagulant has is early MC...... so anyway - I saw a new doctor today and he explained a lot to me. I had an armful of blood taken and then I will go back for results. If I get one positive test he says that if I get pregnant again I will have to be on aspirin and injected heparin twice a day to try and help me avoid MC again. usually they do 2 tests 6 months apart but I explained that I am really anxious about waiting 6 months - since I would be 40 by that time , and that's anoth birthday......anyway, he was very understanding and said that because of the time factor one test would be sufficeint if a positive result. I will have another appointment in about 8 weeks, but I am to ring if by any chance I manage to get pregnant before that. I feel quite positive after speaking to him today, at least if there is a problem - there is a treatment available, and if everything comes back ok, then I can at least think that this baby just wasn't meant to be :cry:

Lou xxx

That's great news! Testing for lupus anticoagulant is one of the standard tests in a recurrent mc workup, so knowing this now may possibly save you from ever needing a recurrent mc workup! I'm glad they were so helpful re your age and continuing ttc. :thumbup:

Purple,
That is an awesome group hug emoticon! Love it.

We should find out on Sept. 20th about Baby A's gender. Will keep you posted. Thank you for asking. I had my regular OB appt. today. All is well, but my doctor mentioned putting me on modified bed rest beginning week 24 or 26, so in about 2 months. That means around my 40th birthday, Oct. 30th. He mentioned working half days. I will do whatever I need to to have healthy babies, but I am worried about my job being flexible and letting me work from home. ;( I'm not complaining, just trying to process.

I am glad you are feeling stronger today, but I imagine some days are easier than others. you are always so sweet reaching out to others. Make sure you take time for yourself.

It is chilly in Atlanta with a low of 55 degrees today. Yay for sweater weather!

Purple, so glad you have some answers that will help you. :hugs:

Sorry for quick post, on my phone. :hug: to everyone

OK you know what is really cool, i just went back to the begining of this thread, and just about all the ladies on there either had a baby or are expecting. I have to say thats pretty good, this must be one lucky thread!!!:happydance:

OMM that is pretty cool - but please could we just have a group hug for those of us from the 1st 10 pages who are still here? :hugs:

Awwww you bet honey!!!! Lots of big hugs are comming your way!! :hugs:

skye2010--thank you for your encouraging words!
Purple--thanks for asking--

I am scheduled to have a 3 day transfer tomorrow (they will confirm in the morning). I am disappointed that there are only 2 embries out of 9 retrieved. Is this a bad ratio? It seems poor. My husband's sperm is not great--they did an ICSI. I just don't know what the chances really are. I'm finding it a little difficult today to stay positive :? I've been reading up on 3 day vs 5 day transfers...so conflicting and frustrating. With only 2 embryos it seems that a 5 day doesn't make sense, but part of me wonders why not just wait until day 5 to do the transfer and if they aren't healthy then at least I know and don't suffer the 2WW.

Bear--how are you doing? I definitely hear your frustration. I wish you fine, healthy embries that grow up big and strong! xx

Thanks all for listening. Send me fertile thoughts at 11:40 EST tomorrow! xx

skye2010--thank you for your encouraging words!
Purple--thanks for asking--

I am scheduled to have a 3 day transfer tomorrow (they will confirm in the morning). I am disappointed that there are only 2 embries out of 9 retrieved. Is this a bad ratio? It seems poor. My husband's sperm is not great--they did an ICSI. I just don't know what the chances really are. I'm finding it a little difficult today to stay positive :? I've been reading up on 3 day vs 5 day transfers...so conflicting and frustrating. With only 2 embryos it seems that a 5 day doesn't make sense, but part of me wonders why not just wait until day 5 to do the transfer and if they aren't healthy then at least I know and don't suffer the 2WW.

Bear--how are you doing? I definitely hear your frustration. I wish you fine, healthy embries that grow up big and strong! xx

Thanks all for listening. Send me fertile thoughts at 11:40 EST tomorrow! xx

I don't know about the stats or fertilization rates, but if you truly would rather wait until day 5 and just see if either continue to grow, then tell your clinic. You are the patient, they are your embies, and your opinion on the matter has to be a part of the equation. Have you talked to your nurse/dr about possibly waiting until day 5?

[/QUOTE]I don't know about the stats or fertilization rates, but if you truly would rather wait until day 5 and just see if either continue to grow, then tell your clinic. You are the patient, they are your embies, and your opinion on the matter has to be a part of the equation. Have you talked to your nurse/dr about possibly waiting until day 5?[/QUOTE]

I haven't asked. I actually just got a message when I got out of work. They will call in the AM to confirm the appointment, so I will ask then. I just don't know enough. I am wondering if reading up on it as much as I have has just stirred my anxiety about it. I like to control situations, so I don't always let go and let things happen :) I think I will dig around with them tomorrow, though...thanks!

https://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/grouphugg.gif

I am always up for hugs with you lovely ladies!! - especially you Twinkle xxx

Dwrgi - firstly, I am not bored for one nano second by your ponderings. I wish I had some advice I could give you that would help. I am so sorry this is keeping you awake at nights. I can't even imagine where you are at the moment but I do understand that feeling of time running away and the pressure that we are under to make decisions and "do " something. I am sending you all the love I can and I hope that you can get your answers xxxx

wooly - how are you doing today? I hope this gloomy weather isn't making you feel too blue. Its so chilly! xxx

never - sweetie, I hope today is a tiny bit easier for you , special loves to you xxxx

butterfly - I hope that you don't even have to consider any treatment, because this is YOUR lucky cycle xxx

Skye - thank you hun. how are you and that little baby bump doing? O hope you are getting plenty of rest xxx

lava - how are you and the babies doing?? did you find out yet if baby number 2 is a girl or a boy ??

OMM - only 2 days till your appointment with the FS right?? do you have all your questions ready. Im going to keep everthing crossed for you that it goes well and you get all the information you need and that you doctor is fab!! xx

Actually its only one more day lol, but who's counting lol. I only have to get through tomorrow, and then my appt is at 9:45 on friday!! Ohhhh speaking of which, i have to fill out the paperwork i have lol. Thanks for keeping everything crossed for me, i really appreciate it!!

Honey i am sorry, i sure hope i did not upset you :hugs: I just happend to notice it, and thought maybe we will all get lucky. :hugs:

Lou xxx

LOL, honey you just make me laugh, i love your positive attitude and your sense of humor!!

I will keep my fingers crossed that you will get the information you need, its funny you dont want anything to be wrong with you, but on the other hand if there is something wrong and its fixable, at least you have a reason you know what i mean. I am so glad you found a good doctor that will help you with this, and fingers crossed that your bfp shows up real soon, with a super sticky bean!!

Purple,
That is an awesome group hug emoticon! Love it.

We should find out on Sept. 20th about Baby A's gender. Will keep you posted. Thank you for asking. I had my regular OB appt. today. All is well, but my doctor mentioned putting me on modified bed rest beginning week 24 or 26, so in about 2 months. That means around my 40th birthday, Oct. 30th. He mentioned working half days. I will do whatever I need to to have healthy babies, but I am worried about my job being flexible and letting me work from home. ;( I'm not complaining, just trying to process.

I am glad you are feeling stronger today, but I imagine some days are easier than others. you are always so sweet reaching out to others. Make sure you take time for yourself.

It is chilly in Atlanta with a low of 55 degrees today. Yay for sweater weather!

Yea for finding out what baby A is!!! And yep i totaly understand, you will do whatever you need for the babies health, but you have to figure things out too, sometimes its not easy, and hopefully your job will be flexible enough that you can still work from home and not have the worry.

Wow you guys really cooled down i cant say as i am all that happy about sweater weather, and up here in Chicago, we have only been hitting a high of 65 brrrrrrr, today was better it was in the mid 70's and nice and sunny. Ugh i am so not ready for winter lol.

I don't know about the stats or fertilization rates, but if you truly would rather wait until day 5 and just see if either continue to grow, then tell your clinic. You are the patient, they are your embies, and your opinion on the matter has to be a part of the equation. Have you talked to your nurse/dr about possibly waiting until day 5?[/QUOTE]

I haven't asked. I actually just got a message when I got out of work. They will call in the AM to confirm the appointment, so I will ask then. I just don't know enough. I am wondering if reading up on it as much as I have has just stirred my anxiety about it. I like to control situations, so I don't always let go and let things happen :) I think I will dig around with them tomorrow, though...thanks![/QUOTE]

Honey i am wishing you all the luck in the world tomorrow and i am throwing tons of :dust: to you, and tons of sticky stuff too. I have read that day 3 transfers are better, they say the embies grow better in the mother than in the dish. There was one woman who did IVF and had a 5 day transfer and it did not work, and then did another IVF and did a 3 day transfer and she is pg. I dont know enough about it though to say one way or the other, i would ask them why 3 day rather than 5 day and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->