TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

I haven't asked. I actually just got a message when I got out of work. They will call in the AM to confirm the appointment, so I will ask then. I just don't know enough. I am wondering if reading up on it as much as I have has just stirred my anxiety about it. I like to control situations, so I don't always let go and let things happen :) I think I will dig around with them tomorrow, though...thanks!

Sorry to jump in so late in the game but I had not looked at this thread...was led here by Indigo.

I am having a 5day transfer on Friday but they assured me that the success rates for 3 days and 5 are the same.

The reason the are doing a 3 day on you is because you have less than 5 embryos so they don't want to risk losing those by waiting...I agree with what you are saying but apparently they may have a better chance to make it in you than outside of you. So that is why.

I had been scheduled for a tentative 3 day too but they called me this morning and said we are going for the 5 day (so Friday)

I know people who have been successful on the 3 day so fingers crossed for you!!!!

https://kaushikh29.edublogs.org/files/2011/01/fingerscrossed-fingers-crossed-goodluck-smiley-emoticon-000674-large-1e0yl7u.gif

sending you loads of positive vibes !

Purple I'm so glad to hear you are feeling a little better today hon. Remember the grieving might come and go so don't be hard on yourself. :hugs::hugs: I'm glad that your fs could give you a helpline for your next pregnancy. There are people who actually suffer those illnesses and have healthy babies but on some of us it causes problems. I'm on heparin and asprin since the beginning of my pregnancy as a caution. Perhaps you can ask to be prescribed it even if your results come back clear. Cause the actual killer cell tests are not really carried away on NHS untill you have a few mc's. And your mc was maybe because of that. One good outcome though your next pregnancy (hopefully very soon) will be under control and you will have a healthy bb.:hugs::hugs:

HA well done for going through such a difficult healing process as well. You are a very brave woman:hugs::hugs:

4ever there is absolutely no reason for you to wait at all for day 5. And 2 out of 9 is actually not a bad result at all. Every IVF is different and it's hard to get all eggs fertilised anyway. Don't forget it only takes 1 to have a healthy bb. Day 3 BFP's are as common as D5's. The only difference is when you have many fertilised and at a similar stage at D3 they wait to see which one is stronger. My friends D3 best embies declined at D5 and the smaller ones spurted out over night just before D5. But it really will not make any difference in your situation. Also remember they are suppose to be in your womb and not in a dish naturally so they are better snugged back in there asap.
Keep your hopes and prayers high sweetie. You have every reason to be hopeful when you have come this close. xxxxx :dust::dust::dust:

Hi Ladies, I hope thursday is treating you all well xx

Omm - I knew it was friday for your appointment - i think the different time zones are confusing the issue, and me :wacko: anyway - not long to wait now. I hope it goes well for you! :hugs:

lava - It must be so exciting! I am sorry though that you may have to be on bedrest - I hope work is accomodating! I know that would be so frustrating though although of course you know it's for the good of the babies and you xxx :hugs:

Skye - thanks for that, I didn't know you were doing heparin - does it leave you big bruises?? I did have it before but only for about 14 days (long enough!) and my stomach was one big bruise, can you inject in you stomach when you are pregnant?? sorry for all the questions I am very curious though. how are you feeling now?? and how's your mum doing?

HA, Never, Dwrgi, Wooly, Twinkle, Padbrat & butterfly- Big super :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: for you ladies today

fm - are you lurking?? hope your ok! :hugs:

forever and bearlake - keeping fingers and toes crossed for you ladies, here's some :dust: for you xxx

afm - well, Im doing ok, but (sorry tmi) Ive started bleeding again - it previously stopped about 8 days ago. could this be AF?? or is it normal to have on/off bleeding like this? (no pain/cramping - but then I think I am lucky cos I don't normally get any of that in a normal AF) when I had the scan done, the tech said everything was completely empty and no tissue or any thing was left that could be seen...I feel like I ask a lot of questions - sorry. but I would appreciate any advice, thanks ladies :hugs:

Hi Purple So sorry to hear that you are bleeding again. It is odd that the tech said there was nothing left so you'd think that the last remains of the PG would have gone. Hmmm.... When I had my mc, it took about a month to clear, with three distinct periods of bleeding and severe pain, which suggested ectopic, so I can't really help you. Hope somebody else can! Thinking of you, and lots of treats for you tonight aka CHOCOLATE!

Big :hugs: to you hun!
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi guys! How are you all??? I hope you are all fine-thinking of you all, and sending big :hugs: to each and everybody!

I have got the WORST headache in the world and I have had it since AF arrived last Friday night. I am sure it is as Skye says, a result of all the hormones, but it is a killer, when you have to teach groups of 32 kids. :nope:

I'm trying to drink as much water as I can-any other suggestions??

I started the DHEA yesterday-I've scruitinized carefully and haven't found any extra hairs as yet, but it might be a bit soon for that! :rofl:

I did have my consult, and she said that there were no other eggs, although there were cells in some follicles. She was adamant that Ovitrel was given at right time, and that it was "down to my low amh." However, she said that if I were to do another cycle, then we could change the trigger shot if I wanted. Hmmmm... so I wasn't convinced. I am conivinced I ovulated straight after trigger shot and two eggs were what was left. Grr. I think it would be good to go to another clinic and explain the situation and see what they say. Am defo going to stick at the DHEA for three months, and another treatment cycle in Jan??

Anyway, big hugs and love to you all,
Amandaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

And also, good luck with finding out the sex of Baby A, Lava, that must be so exciting!! Hope work will be accomodating with regard to bedrest and flexible working-but you'll be the expert on advising them, so stick to your guns, hun!

Good luck tomorrow Chris-SSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting for you!

Love to everybody!
xx

Onmymind...thank you for your thoughts. I am calmer today. I agree...in my body asap! I write letters to my babies and I will feel more settled when I'm writing to them as they're trying to grow in me. Thanks for your kind words :)

I haven't asked. I actually just got a message when I got out of work. They will call in the AM to confirm the appointment, so I will ask then. I just don't know enough. I am wondering if reading up on it as much as I have has just stirred my anxiety about it. I like to control situations, so I don't always let go and let things happen :) I think I will dig around with them tomorrow, though...thanks!

Sorry to jump in so late in the game but I had not looked at this thread...was led here by Indigo.

I am having a 5day transfer on Friday but they assured me that the success rates for 3 days and 5 are the same.

The reason the are doing a 3 day on you is because you have less than 5 embryos so they don't want to risk losing those by waiting...I agree with what you are saying but apparently they may have a better chance to make it in you than outside of you. So that is why.

I had been scheduled for a tentative 3 day too but they called me this morning and said we are going for the 5 day (so Friday)

I know people who have been successful on the 3 day so fingers crossed for you!!!!

https://kaushikh29.edublogs.org/files/2011/01/fingerscrossed-fingers-crossed-goodluck-smiley-emoticon-000674-large-1e0yl7u.gif

sending you loads of positive vibes !

Thank you, LL! I am hoping they'll flourish in their true home--my body! Thank you for sending me good thoughts!!

PS I grew up about half an hour from LL Bean in Maine :)

Purple I'm so glad to hear you are feeling a little better today hon. Remember the grieving might come and go so don't be hard on yourself. :hugs::hugs: I'm glad that your fs could give you a helpline for your next pregnancy. There are people who actually suffer those illnesses and have healthy babies but on some of us it causes problems. I'm on heparin and asprin since the beginning of my pregnancy as a caution. Perhaps you can ask to be prescribed it even if your results come back clear. Cause the actual killer cell tests are not really carried away on NHS untill you have a few mc's. And your mc was maybe because of that. One good outcome though your next pregnancy (hopefully very soon) will be under control and you will have a healthy bb.:hugs::hugs:

HA well done for going through such a difficult healing process as well. You are a very brave woman:hugs::hugs:

4ever there is absolutely no reason for you to wait at all for day 5. And 2 out of 9 is actually not a bad result at all. Every IVF is different and it's hard to get all eggs fertilised anyway. Don't forget it only takes 1 to have a healthy bb. Day 3 BFP's are as common as D5's. The only difference is when you have many fertilised and at a similar stage at D3 they wait to see which one is stronger. My friends D3 best embies declined at D5 and the smaller ones spurted out over night just before D5. But it really will not make any difference in your situation. Also remember they are suppose to be in your womb and not in a dish naturally so they are better snugged back in there asap.
Keep your hopes and prayers high sweetie. You have every reason to be hopeful when you have come this close. xxxxx :dust::dust::dust:

Thank you Skye--My DH just pointed out to me that I actually only had SEVEN, not NINE as I've been broadcasting :) Apparently I was loopy after the procedure haha..

Anyway, thank you for the comments--I definitely want them in my womb asap! Thank you for the dust!

Ladies just popping by with :hugs: and :dust: for all x

Purple I am so sorry you are bleeding again. Afraid I have no advice to give just :hugs: for you :hugs:

Dwrgi hope the headache clears soon :hugs:

Sorry to those not mentioned personally but you are all in my thoughts and daily I pray you get your BFPs and super sticky beans soon and to those who have their BFPs I pray your LOs go from strength to strength and full term :hugs::dust::friends:

AFM firmly on the whatever wagon and unsure when or if I have ovulated :) Keeping busy with my furbabies, baking/cooking, housework, losing weight, getting fit and doing patchwork :)

4everyoung what time is your transfer? Thinking of you!

got my call...tomorrow the transfer is at 12:30pm...I have to be there at 12:15 with a very full bladder

afm - well, Im doing ok, but (sorry tmi) Ive started bleeding again - it previously stopped about 8 days ago. could this be AF?? or is it normal to have on/off bleeding like this? (no pain/cramping - but then I think I am lucky cos I don't normally get any of that in a normal AF) when I had the scan done, the tech said everything was completely empty and no tissue or any thing was left that could be seen...I feel like I ask a lot of questions - sorry. but I would appreciate any advice, thanks ladies :hugs:

Lou, it is extremely unlikely that this is AF. Typically she won't show until roughly 28 days (or however long your cycle tends to be) after all the hcg is gone from your system. I know for some women it is not unusual for bleeding to stop and start again, but I've never experienced it. The two big questions this raises for me are, are they following your hcg down to zero (by repeating blood tests until it's gone), and do you have any signs of infection (fever, foul odor)? If you still have some hcg in your system, it's continued mc bleeding and not AF. If your hcg isn't dropping at the expected rate, it could be that there is some retained tissue in your uterus and you might need a D&C (ERPC) to remove it. If there is some retained tissue that hangs around too long, it is possible to develop an infection.

The other possibility is, if your bleeding stopped long enough ago and this is just spotting, it's possible that this is mid-cycle or ovulation spotting. Even if you've never experienced that before, it's not unusual for the first cycle post-mc to be a little wonky.

However, since the possibility of retained tissue and/or infection poses risks to your health and future fertility, I would err on the side of caution and call your dr. I'm sure everything will be fine in the end though - I don't want to frighten you. :hugs:

And remember, there is no such thing on here as tmi or too many questions. That's why we're here! :hugs:

Thank You!!!!

For all the hugs!!!

OMM I know you didn't mean to upset me :hugs:

LL & 4ever - hope the transfers are a success!

HA - I had a feeling sorry for myself moment too.

Love and hugs to everyone xx

thanks HA - they advised me to do a urine pregnancy test after 2 weeks to check - I did one yesterday - faintly positive still (but that's only one week) so probably MC bleeding still then. Im well in myself, no signs of infection etc. I think you are right, just needed someone to confirm it for me. thank you again :hugs:

4everyoung....waiting to hear. Also wanted to share something with you so you see that a 3day transfer DOES work :flower::flower:

https://www.babyandbump.com/twins-triplets-multiples/690863-twins-via-ivf-6.html#post12718037 look at post 58!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->