TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Loads of baby :dust: and sticky thoughts for the ladies having transfers done :dust:

OMG you guys are racing; so many pages to read since yesterday!

Purple, sorry about the bleeding. I seem to remember bleeding/spotting for awhile after my mc but my AF wasn't too late if I remember correctly. Good news about your appt. Hopefully you'll get your sticky bean soon and the heparin & aspiring will do the trick.

OMM good luck for your appointment tomorrow! Do you have your list of questions ready?

4ever & LL I'll keep sending you extra-super-duper-positive-stickybean- vibes for your transfers tomorrow!

Skye I don't have any concrete evidence that my eggs are 'duff' just feeling a bit negative and worried at times. :cry:

AFM Got a call from the embryologist today and they recommended day 5 transfer on Saturday. So far 5 embryos are looking good.
I am also feeling teeny bit better, had to go to bed early yesterday as I was feeling SO bloated and miserable and was really worrying that they will cancel my trasfer because of the OHSS. This morning though I feel like the inflatable balloon in my belly is little deflated. Upwards and onwards.

Sorry I didn't mention all of you,
sending you huge amounts of :dust:

afm - well, Im doing ok, but (sorry tmi) Ive started bleeding again - it previously stopped about 8 days ago. could this be AF?? or is it normal to have on/off bleeding like this? (no pain/cramping - but then I think I am lucky cos I don't normally get any of that in a normal AF) when I had the scan done, the tech said everything was completely empty and no tissue or any thing was left that could be seen...I feel like I ask a lot of questions - sorry. but I would appreciate any advice, thanks ladies :hugs:

Lou, it is extremely unlikely that this is AF. Typically she won't show until roughly 28 days (or however long your cycle tends to be) after all the hcg is gone from your system. I know for some women it is not unusual for bleeding to stop and start again, but I've never experienced it. The two big questions this raises for me are, are they following your hcg down to zero (by repeating blood tests until it's gone), and do you have any signs of infection (fever, foul odor)? If you still have some hcg in your system, it's continued mc bleeding and not AF. If your hcg isn't dropping at the expected rate, it could be that there is some retained tissue in your uterus and you might need a D&C (ERPC) to remove it. If there is some retained tissue that hangs around too long, it is possible to develop an infection.

The other possibility is, if your bleeding stopped long enough ago and this is just spotting, it's possible that this is mid-cycle or ovulation spotting. Even if you've never experienced that before, it's not unusual for the first cycle post-mc to be a little wonky.

However, since the possibility of retained tissue and/or infection poses risks to your health and future fertility, I would err on the side of caution and call your dr. I'm sure everything will be fine in the end though - I don't want to frighten you. :hugs:

And remember, there is no such thing on here as tmi or too many questions. That's why we're here! :hugs:

Purple, i agree with HA on all of this, for me with all 4 m/c the bleeding stopped and then af showed right on her normal schedule. I would take HA's suggestion and call your doc, just to be sure. Oh and i agree there is no such thing as TMI or too many questions, we are here to support each other, and if you dont ask questions, how can we support lol.

Are any of you ladies having problems with this, if i am on the main over 35 thread page, it shows like i am not logged in, but if i click on a specific thread like this one then it shows i am logged in, and what is even more strange, its only doing it with the over 35 section, everything else is fine.

OK are any of you ladies having this problem, if i am on the main thread page, i am showing i am not logged in, but if i click on a thread like this one, i am logged in. So weird!!

I'm not having that! You're just special :)

Thank for the sticky thoughts, everyone!

I had my transfer today--2 embryos. 1=8DF 1=5BF The endocrinologist said there were reasons to be hopeful and positive about either/both embryos, which is always nice to hear :)

At any rate, they gave me some Valium which made the process much more pleasant, though the full bladder thing was a bit on the intense side, I must admit.

Thanks again to everyone. I'm sending sticky thoughts to all of you out there as well. Let's see some BFPs in a few weeks, shall we ladies!?

Thanks for being here. It means a great deal to me. xoxox

sounds good 4ever!!!!

Again, look at the link I sent you. It will help you feel better :D

Oh sorry 4ever, I got my dates mixed up, you had your transfer already!
Take it easy & loads of sticky baby dust for you

ok I have to ask...what is 5BF & 8DF mean?

So apparently there are three ways the measure the viability of the embryos. The number is how many cells there are (starting with one, this is how many have split today, day 3). 6-8 is ideal, but the Dr told me that my "5" was a "4" this morning, so it would be a "6" by the end of today as it's already gotten to "5".

The B and D are on a scale: ABCD--This has to do with the fragmentation--cellular material can break off as cell divide. The degree of fragmentation is somewhat reflective of the quality of the embryo. A is highest, D is lowest in terms of implantation.

The F= Fair on a scale of Good Fair and Poor. This has to do with the symmetry, the effect of which is unclear as it relates to implantation. I asked if there was a concern with an "F" and they said no, that they never get "G"s and "F" is what they are going for.

The doc told me that he's seen all variations work out and that he thinks we have reason to remain hopeful, cautiously optimistic. :)

Hope this clears it up. It's all very fascinating LOL

So apparently there are three ways the measure the viability of the embryos. The number is how many cells there are (starting with one, this is how many have split today, day 3). 6-8 is ideal, but the Dr told me that my "5" was a "4" this morning, so it would be a "6" by the end of today as it's already gotten to "5".

The B and D are on a scale: ABCD--This has to do with the fragmentation--cellular material can break off as cell divide. The degree of fragmentation is somewhat reflective of the quality of the embryo. A is highest, D is lowest in terms of implantation.

The F= Fair on a scale of Good Fair and Poor. This has to do with the symmetry, the effect of which is unclear as it relates to implantation. I asked if there was a concern with an "F" and they said no, that they never get "G"s and "F" is what they are going for.

The doc told me that he's seen all variations work out and that he thinks we have reason to remain hopeful, cautiously optimistic. :)

Wow, it's like Diamonds! LOL...clarity, cut, color and carats LOL

Well they are our little diamonds and worth so much more!

Thanks for the clarification. Did they give you a picture of your embryos?

Haha! That's a great analogy! YES, I have middle-class diamonds and embryos--which is apt! :)

I did get pictures of the embryos. I have to admit, they have my ample divisions and my husbands fragmented outsides LOL

Anyway, I thought the pictures were pretty cool. As I was enjoying my Valium today, I said to DH: If we hadn't had to go through all of this, we would never have gotten these cool pics! Those suckers who conceive naturally don't get photos of their little beings at 5 cells old! Hopefully it will all be a fun story to tell our babies one day when they're older :D

Haha! That's a great analogy! YES, I have middle-class diamonds and embryos--which is apt! :)

I did get pictures of the embryos. I have to admit, they have my ample divisions and my husbands fragmented outsides LOL

Anyway, I thought the pictures were pretty cool. As I was enjoying my Valium today, I said to DH: If we hadn't had to go through all of this, we would never have gotten these cool pics! Those suckers who conceive naturally don't get photos of their little beings at 5 cells old! Hopefully it will all be a fun story to tell our babies one day when they're older :D

would love to see your picture of them :flower:

would love to see your picture of them :flower:[/QUOTE]

I'll scan them tomorrow :)

Thanks for the explanation. :thumbup: I'd read somewhere that different clinics have different grading scales. God forbid any of this business be standardized! :dohh: But it sounds like everything went great!

FX'd LL and Bearlake have similarly good transfer news! :happydance:

:wave: Sorry I disappeared for a while there. I was a bit gutted the :witch: got me yet again and couldn't bear to be around this forum. Silly I know. Anyway, I've got over myself and I'm back. :blush:

Hope everyone's doing ok. Welcome 4everyoung & Bearlake! There's a lot to catch up on so I'm just going to send you all lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs: and :dust:

Not much to tell you from here. I'm back to poas while I wait to ovulate. DH is still away though so this and the next 3 cycles are duds for me from the get go. So I'm just trying to do a good job with my temping. Not much else to do in terms of ttc until DH is back in November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->