TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

:wave: Sorry I disappeared for a while there. I was a bit gutted the :witch: got me yet again and couldn't bear to be around this forum. Silly I know. Anyway, I've got over myself and I'm back. :blush:

Hope everyone's doing ok. Welcome 4everyoung & Bearlake! There's a lot to catch up on so I'm just going to send you all lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs: and :dust:

Not much to tell you from here. I'm back to poas while I wait to ovulate. DH is still away though so this and the next 3 cycles are duds for me from the get go. So I'm just trying to do a good job with my temping. Not much else to do in terms of ttc until DH is back in November.

Oh honey its not silly to need to take a step back now and then, i do it myself when things get to be just a bit too much. I am glad your back, and i am sorry you have to wait now, and that stupid AF showed :hugs:

:hugs: Purple sorry for the bleeding hon, is it still going on? Did you call the dr?
I've been on Heparine and asprin since my egg transfer and did have massive bruises. Luckily not much pain. Progestrone shots on the bum is the killer :wacko:, didn't get that fortunately. I just have bum bullets instead which is not bad. I put on a lot of weight on holiday and I think the layer of fat on my tummy prevents the bruising. So I only have little prick stains visible. :happydance: I'm fat but bruiseless :winkwink: Purple I hope your period would settle soon, you would get pregnant again and the bb would stick by the help of all the meds. It really doesn't mean anything once you know it helps you. :hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

4evers embies pls pls pls stick and grow. :dust::dust:

Dwrgi v confusing indeed. Good idea to get a second opinion. Don't like the idea of clinics relying on patients opinion on trigger or any medication. This girl I met said even Lister did that (A top notch clinic in London?????) All tx's is a bit of a trial process and you will get there sweetie.

I'm going downstairs for breakfast. Will continue soon xx

thanks Skye - good to know these things just in case xx

Manuiti - so sorry the :witch: came. big :hugs: and welcome back xx

eta - I phoned the epu and they advied me the on/off bleeding was fairly common and not to worry but to do another pregnancy test in 1 week to see if hcg left in my system and to call them with the results. they did say I could go in and have the test done, but it seems a bit of a faff and they a lot of people feel the same - thanks again ladies xx

:wave: Sorry I disappeared for a while there. I was a bit gutted the :witch: got me yet again and couldn't bear to be around this forum. Silly I know. Anyway, I've got over myself and I'm back. :blush:

Hope everyone's doing ok. Welcome 4everyoung & Bearlake! There's a lot to catch up on so I'm just going to send you all lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs: and :dust:

Not much to tell you from here. I'm back to poas while I wait to ovulate. DH is still away though so this and the next 3 cycles are duds for me from the get go. So I'm just trying to do a good job with my temping. Not much else to do in terms of ttc until DH is back in November.

Don't worry Manuiti, we are here whenever you need us. It's a long stretch till November-you are very strong to be able to cope with this scenario. I hope that you can turn to us whenever you feel a bit low, or need like minded souls to vent to.

Good luck with the temping! I love the avatar pic-is he yours??? How gorgeous!

Stay strong hun, and big hugs! :hugs::hugs:

Manuiti :hugs: Sometimes we all need a break but glad you're back :hugs:

Your dog is just adorable :kiss:

Thank you! You're all so lovely! :flower:

I love the avatar pic-is he yours??? How gorgeous!

Your dog is just adorable :kiss:

Yes! He is my boy. :happydance: 7 year old sprolly who I rescued when he was 13 months old. He's my little rock. I've been trying to settle on an avatar pic that I like and with all the talk about pets I thought I'd give this one a go and I like! I think this is the one I'm going to stay with now. :)

OMM - how did your appointment go??

Ladies i am so sorry it took me so long to get back to you, as i have been running around today.

OK, so, i absolutly loved the new doc, they were so nice and she is very informed and open to everything. I have to say i am a bit overwhelmed, there are so many things i have to do before we can even start. I feel like i am back at square one starting all this fertility stuff all over again. I have to go in and have day 3 blood tests and u/s which i figured, i also have to have an updated pap, which i took care of yesterday, i have to have a mamogram, and since i have never had one i am not looking forward to that :blush:, i have to have another hysterosonogram test, she said she knows my tubes are open, but wants to make doubly sure that there is nothing wrong with the uterus, and take that factor out as to why we lost 4, i have to see a high risk ob and have them check me out to make sure i am able to have a baby, now this one ticks me off, i know i am type II diabetic, but i dont know how i am going to get them to see me when i am not pg, and of course its more time and money i have to spend. DH has to go in for bloods, and a new sperm analysis, and all of this has to be completed before we can even come up with a treatment plan:dohh:. I have already set up the mamogram, that will be sept 24th, i have to call the high risk doctor (She originally wanted me to go see this one doctor that is like 30 miles from me, i said uh no, i dealt with this other one when i was pg the first time, and i will go there. Then she writes me a script for pre natal vit, i said i take the rainbow brand and she is like ohhhhhh you have to have the dha, and i told her about my reaction to that stuff, and she is like ohhhh ok you can use yours, ummmmm yea, i am not going to pay $40 a month for perscription pre natals when the others are just as good.

Also, i found out my AMH was 0.7 i did not even know that the old place ran that test, they never said anything to me. So now we are trying to figure out if we should go with donor eggs, or give mine a try. She said i would have a 2% chance of getting pg with my eggs, and a 65% chance if we used donor eggs. I just dont know which way to go. Part of the problem is i was going to use this program called compassionate care program, and if i qualified (Which i had a good chance at) i would get the meds for the IVF cycle for free, well if we use donor eggs i dont think i can use that, and we dont have the money to pay $4000 in meds for the donor. OMG, my head is spinning right now, i am so unsure of what to do.

Oh my goodness that is a LOT of information for you to take in! I'm glad you liked your new doc though!!! :thumbup: And I hope you're able to get all those appointments sorted out quickly so you can get moving again.

OMM :hugs: So pleased you like you new doctor :thumbup: But such a lot of information and some tough decisions to make. I know you will find the right decision and God will bless you with your long deserved LO(s) :hugs::dust::hugs:

Hi Chris

How are you?? I hope that you have managed to process some of what the new doc said. It's fabulous that you like her and also great that she sounds so thorough. You don't want to leave anything to chance! Brilliant all round! Hm, I read your post and went away and thought about it and have come up with my tuppence worth! Considering your amh, I would go straight for donor eggs. I know it is a HUGE mental obstacle, and one that I am grappling with myself, but you want to give yourself the best chance possible of getting that little bub in your arms. IVF (and IUI) is a HUGELY emotional treatment, and you want to feel that you are giving yourself the best chance from the very outset. Yes, some people will claim that they conceived with practically zero zero amh but I think they are few and far between. It is a HUGE blow to go through IVF with a BFN at the end of it-with a possible chance of 60% success with DE, I think it's a no-brainer. That is my view and sermon for today, so AMEN!!!!

Hope you don't mind my directness; I know the emotional toil of IVF, because you do it to be successful, not to fail. You want to minimise your chances of failure-so that you do get your longed for baby. I also keep thinking about what Padbrat said-it will be your blood, your womb, you will give birth to the baby-it will be yours!

Anyway, hope this helps.

Lots of love to you, hun! And please don't post any longer about 75 degree temperatures!!!!! It's already practically arctic in the UK already, and I am VERY jealous!! :growlmad::growlmad :haha::haha::haha::haha:
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey Ladies

Sorry I haven't posted for a while but after my last IVF and the horrendous OHSS I needed a break from it all. My hormones seemed to have been sent crazy as my periods stopped etc.

Well my period was a few days late again this month and my doc told me to test to rule out a BFP before he did hormone tests again. To my absolute disbelief I tested positive on Thursday night with a HPT. I couldn't sleep all night and went to the hospital yesterday to insist on a beta HCG blood test due to th last MC. My numbers are 550 at 4 weeks 1 day so I am cautiously over the moon. I can't believe it after all this time and IVF's etc we managed a BFP and naturally.

Reason for my post is ladies, never give up hope as miracles do happen. I know it is very early days and I am not out of the woods yet but the signs this time are good.

We are not telling anyone yet due to past history but inside I am a mixture of sheer delight and terror but I am trying my best to let the delight take over.

Keep strong ladies and thank you all for being there when I needed people who understood, you are all amazing:hugs:

OMG Carole it is so good to hear from you and with such amazing news, huge congrats! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Can understand you being cautious but really hope that this is a sticky bean for you - that HCG level sounds pretty good I would think. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hey Ladies

Sorry I haven't posted for a while but after my last IVF and the horrendous OHSS I needed a break from it all. My hormones seemed to have been sent crazy as my periods stopped etc.

Well my period was a few days late again this month and my doc told me to test to rule out a BFP before he did hormone tests again. To my absolute disbelief I tested positive on Thursday night with a HPT. I couldn't sleep all night and went to the hospital yesterday to insist on a beta HCG blood test due to th last MC. My numbers are 550 at 4 weeks 1 day so I am cautiously over the moon. I can't believe it after all this time and IVF's etc we managed a BFP and naturally.

Reason for my post is ladies, never give up hope as miracles do happen. I know it is very early days and I am not out of the woods yet but the signs this time are good.

We are not telling anyone yet due to past history but inside I am a mixture of sheer delight and terror but I am trying my best to let the delight take over.

Keep strong ladies and thank you all for being there when I needed people who understood, you are all amazing:hugs:

OMG Carol, this is absolutely amazing news and I am SOOOOOOOOOO delighted for you! Wait there for me to do the necessaries-
:happydance::happydance::happydance::yipee::yipee::yipee::headspin::headspin::headspin::hugs2::hugs2::hugs2::juggle::juggle::juggle::wohoo::wohoo::loopy::loopy::loopy:!

You must be sooooo excited, and it just shows, never give up hope! It is lovely to hear from you and I thought of you often, particularly after what happened with your last IVF-what a brilliant result after all of that!!

Take it easy, relax and ENJOY!!

Huge :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you and lots and lots of love and HUGE congratulations also!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats, Carol!!!

I am new around here, and as much as i'd love to catch up with 736 pages, I think I will slide in right here and get to know you amazing ladies !

Congrats, Carole!!! I am on my cell phone or would do.a.bunch of jumping emoticons. So happy for you.

OMM,
Wonderful news that you like your doctor. That is half the battle! Lots to think about, but I like the advice about donor eggs.

Carole congratulations :happydance: Praying you have a healthy and happy pregnancy and that your LO goes full term x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->