TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Congratulations carole that is wonderful news.

OMM it's a decision only you can make, but for something this important if it were me I'd want the best chances possible, and I'd beg or borrow the extra money if need be :hugs:

Congratulations Carole!!!! Wonderful, wonderful news!!!!
:thumbup::happydance::happydance::happydance::thumbup:

Chris :hugs::hugs:Hi huni ,don't know wot to advice you but I know u will make the right decision and we will be here for u no matter wot on your wonderful journey :kiss:,and u will be blessed with that extra sticky bean :hugs:,come on Hun ,u are one step closer ,keep going ,love always despie ,xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Chris

How are you?? I hope that you have managed to process some of what the new doc said. It's fabulous that you like her and also great that she sounds so thorough. You don't want to leave anything to chance! Brilliant all round! Hm, I read your post and went away and thought about it and have come up with my tuppence worth! Considering your amh, I would go straight for donor eggs. I know it is a HUGE mental obstacle, and one that I am grappling with myself, but you want to give yourself the best chance possible of getting that little bub in your arms. IVF (and IUI) is a HUGELY emotional treatment, and you want to feel that you are giving yourself the best chance from the very outset. Yes, some people will claim that they conceived with practically zero zero amh but I think they are few and far between. It is a HUGE blow to go through IVF with a BFN at the end of it-with a possible chance of 60% success with DE, I think it's a no-brainer. That is my view and sermon for today, so AMEN!!!!

Hope you don't mind my directness; I know the emotional toil of IVF, because you do it to be successful, not to fail. You want to minimise your chances of failure-so that you do get your longed for baby. I also keep thinking about what Padbrat said-it will be your blood, your womb, you will give birth to the baby-it will be yours!

Anyway, hope this helps.

Lots of love to you, hun! And please don't post any longer about 75 degree temperatures!!!!! It's already practically arctic in the UK already, and I am VERY jealous!! :growlmad::growlmad :haha::haha::haha::haha:
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Honey thank you so much for your wise thoughts, you are right, i have gone through some really tough time since yesterday, i am surprised i did not burn out my brain. I think i have come to terms with using the donor eggs, the pro's for using them are so much greater than the cons. And PadBrat is right, it will be my blood that will be feeding this baby, i will feel it move and give birth to it, and i will get to watch it grow. I want a child, and i have to get the best possible chances that i can, we only have one shot at this. Your also right about the IVF taking a toll on you, and one bonus to doing the donor eggs, is i wont have to go through all the meds and the retrevial, i also will reduce my risk of downs a lot, so all in all, i do believe that is the way to go. Thanks so much for your thoughts on this, i really appreciate it!!

And lol on the arctic in the UK, dont worry we will be there pretty soon, its just so hard we had such a hot summer, with most days being in the upper 90's and low 100's and now all of a sudden we snap down to the mid 60's to 70's lol. Hey at least you guys wont have to worry about another blizzard, that one last year was a doozy lol.

Hey Ladies

Sorry I haven't posted for a while but after my last IVF and the horrendous OHSS I needed a break from it all. My hormones seemed to have been sent crazy as my periods stopped etc.

Well my period was a few days late again this month and my doc told me to test to rule out a BFP before he did hormone tests again. To my absolute disbelief I tested positive on Thursday night with a HPT. I couldn't sleep all night and went to the hospital yesterday to insist on a beta HCG blood test due to th last MC. My numbers are 550 at 4 weeks 1 day so I am cautiously over the moon. I can't believe it after all this time and IVF's etc we managed a BFP and naturally.

Reason for my post is ladies, never give up hope as miracles do happen. I know it is very early days and I am not out of the woods yet but the signs this time are good.

We are not telling anyone yet due to past history but inside I am a mixture of sheer delight and terror but I am trying my best to let the delight take over.

Keep strong ladies and thank you all for being there when I needed people who understood, you are all amazing:hugs:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh honey i am so very excited for you!!!! After all i have been going through the past couple of days, you just brought a beautiful ray of sunshine to me with this, you could not have made my day better!!! And dang 550 at 4 weeks, i am thinking maybe there is more than one little one in there!!! I am sending you every piece of sticky stuff i can find, fantastic ass news!!!! :happydance::happydance:

Congrats, Carol!!!

I am new around here, and as much as i'd love to catch up with 736 pages, I think I will slide in right here and get to know you amazing ladies !

LOL, slide right on in!!!! Welcome to our little family here, these are the best ladies you ever wanted to meet!!

Congratulations carole that is wonderful news.

OMM it's a decision only you can make, but for something this important if it were me I'd want the best chances possible, and I'd beg or borrow the extra money if need be :hugs:

Yea, i think i have made the decision to go with the donor eggs, and i already told dh that maybe we could go stand at an intersection with collection cups:haha:

Chris :hugs::hugs:Hi huni ,don't know wot to advice you but I know u will make the right decision and we will be here for u no matter wot on your wonderful journey :kiss:,and u will be blessed with that extra sticky bean :hugs:,come on Hun ,u are one step closer ,keep going ,love always despie ,xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks honey, its the love and friendship of you ladies that keeps me going. Now that i have set my mind to using the donor eggs, i am already planning things for the baby lol. Hopefully i am not setting myself up for failure even with the donor eggs, but i cant help it, DH and i are already talking about where we can move things to clear out a room lol.

Thanks honey, its the love and friendship of you ladies that keeps me going. Now that i have set my mind to using the donor eggs, i am already planning things for the baby lol. Hopefully i am not setting myself up for failure even with the donor eggs, but i cant help it, DH and i are already talking about where we can move things to clear out a room lol.

Just u go right ahead Hun and plan that nursery u are gonna need one pretty soon and I feel so excited that I can share your journey with you,am so bloody happy for you :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey Ladies

Sorry I haven't posted for a while but after my last IVF and the horrendous OHSS I needed a break from it all. My hormones seemed to have been sent crazy as my periods stopped etc.

Well my period was a few days late again this month and my doc told me to test to rule out a BFP before he did hormone tests again. To my absolute disbelief I tested positive on Thursday night with a HPT. I couldn't sleep all night and went to the hospital yesterday to insist on a beta HCG blood test due to th last MC. My numbers are 550 at 4 weeks 1 day so I am cautiously over the moon. I can't believe it after all this time and IVF's etc we managed a BFP and naturally.

Reason for my post is ladies, never give up hope as miracles do happen. I know it is very early days and I am not out of the woods yet but the signs this time are good.

We are not telling anyone yet due to past history but inside I am a mixture of sheer delight and terror but I am trying my best to let the delight take over.

Keep strong ladies and thank you all for being there when I needed people who understood, you are all amazing:hugs:

OMG Carole!!! You have been on my mind so often - your journey has been so full of nightmares, this baby is truly a miracle no matter what happens. I am over the moon for you!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Carole - wonderful brilliant and fabulous news! congratulations!!!!:yipee::yipee::yipee::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::yipee::yipee::yipee:

OMM - I am so happy that your appointment went so well, and it sounds like you have made a plan for how to proceed. I am so very excited for you!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good day. My parents have come down so I don't have long, so I just wanted to wish everyone a happy weekend and big :hugs: to you all xxxxx

oh, and welcome Italianqt :hi: hope your stay here is short :flower:

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good day. My parents have come down so I don't have long, so I just wanted to wish everyone a happy weekend and big :hugs: to you all xxxxx

oh, and welcome Italianqt :hi: hope your stay here is short :flower:

Purple,massive hugs huni ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Chris, am glad that you have come to terms with the donor eggs option - this will really bring the vision of a LO coming very soon into reality so I'm not surprised you are planning. it's very exciting :happydance::happydance::happydance:

:hi: Welcome to the thread italianqt!

Just u go right ahead Hun and plan that nursery u are gonna need one pretty soon and I feel so excited that I can share your journey with you,am so bloody happy for you :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
Awwww and i am so happy i have you to share it with, remember honey, you and me, we are going to get pg with super duper sticky beans!!!!! Come on ladies, lets all get super duper sticky beans, they will be so sticky that at 40 weeks we will be hopping up and down trying to get them out lol.

Thank you everyone for your lovely wishes, you guys are what have kept me sane in the last 2.5 years. I am trying to keep calm until my first scan on 24th September but must admit I am scared senseless. I am sure I will feel better once I have seen my bean on the scan.

Welcome to all the new ladies, you are in the right place as all the ladies on here are amazing and will give you all the support that you need.

I am resting at home today so will try and catch up with some of the previous pages and respond.

Take care all and have a great day

Hey Carole! Many congratulations... I am hoping that you are starting the threads lucky streak!! All the very best!

OMM I don't know about you, but just coming to a decision and having a plan makes such a huge difference to my mental state. I know it is a hard decision to come to use donor eggs... took us a long time to get our heads round it... but I do ttruley believe that if this is going to give us the best chance of a healthy child then to hell with it all and I am gonna do it. Also, as you say, it seems a lot less traumatic on our bodies than IVF. Have you picked a clinic yet?

Dwrgi - how are you doing chick? Have you decided what you want to do yet?

Lava any news on baby 2 sex?... how are you?

Skye you are an absolute wonder.... pregnant, looking after your Mum and still find time to check in on us???

Purps, HA and Never, how you guys holding up?

FM, Butterfly, Twinks and everyone else... mucho hugs...

Welcome new ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->