TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Dwrgi... I also think you need to get a second opinon on what happened with your IVF.... not 100% that I like your clinic/doc/follow up plan...

Just nipping out of lurkdom to say :yipee: congrats to Carole :hugs: hoping for a sticky and healthy nine months :hugs:

Chris...glad you have come to a decision and :dust: for the outcome

:hi: and :hugs: to everyone else.

AFM still lurking and avoiding TTC talk so will be in here less for a while.

XxX

Hello guys! How are you all today??? I hope that you are having a great weekend! It's cold and showery in the UK... boo hooo....

How are you Carole? I am so excited for you! Big :hugs:!

FM! Yoo hoo! Where are you? I'm worried about you! Please check in to let us know you're okay! I'm going to stalk your journal, like Lava! :hugs:

Hi Purple-how are you feeling hun?? Hope you're feeling a little bit stronger.:hugs:

Hey Macwooly, how are you too?? I think of you often and hope that you're feeling a little bit better! :hugs:

Chris, I shall be at that intersection with you, with a begging cup also!! I'll bring the sandwiches, you bring the deck chairs! Glad that you have a plan!:hugs:

Hi Skye (hope you're resting, young lady!), Lava, Padbrat, NorthStar, HA, Butterfly, Never, Manuiti, LLBean, Forever Young, Bear Lake, and everybody else who I may have missed! Big hugs to you all, and here's lots and lots of :dust: to us all!

AFM-am feeling a bit energised today. Tomorrow I'm going to make an appointment at IVF Wales for a second opinion. I'm not happy with what happened, and cannot believe that I only produced two eggs. My ar&e! Also, does anybody know where I stand with regard to treatment costs, as I only had half of what was itemised on the invoice? It may seem petty, but I need my pennies to carry on with this journey!

Also, me and Him were out last night, and he (for the first time ever) said that he really wanted to be a father and was devastated by what happened. He'd found a book on infertility and had been reading it whilst waiting for me to meet him. He said that he'd not told me this before, as he didn't want to put more pressure on me, as he knew how badly this whole experience was affecting me..... Oh, God, I started to cry, there and then, in the middle of a Cardiff pub. He also said that he isn't remotely bothered about the genetic issue of donor eggs (he would say that though-how would he feel if it was donor sperm??) and even mentioned adoption... OMG. So much to think about. But, the general consensus is to have another go at IVF with my own eggs-probably with another centre, and then decide what to do, if that doesn't work-probably DE IVF. I like a plan girls, and here's mine!

Still inspecting carefully for hairiness, but to date, I am glad to report that all seems to be as it always was! (DHEA side effects, yada yada!).

I think I am on CD9 today-can't believe that I am back to checking ov dates, but haven't the stomach to chart temps just yet, and DTD this morning! Going to catch this egg-Carole, your story has been an inspiration!

Love to you all-big :hugs: to each and every one of you!

OMG-it is literally sheet rain now! Oh for some sunshine!
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi - so glad your DH is wanting to go for it no matter what - it just keeps every option open and a great chance of success :happydance::happydance:

Can't believe that they have charged you for the whole IVF - that is surely wrong :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Hello guys! How are you all today??? I hope that you are having a great weekend! It's cold and showery in the UK... boo hooo....

How are you Carole? I am so excited for you! Big :hugs:!

AFM-am feeling a bit energised today. Tomorrow I'm going to make an appointment at IVF Wales for a second opinion. I'm not happy with what happened, and cannot believe that I only produced two eggs. My ar&e! Also, does anybody know where I stand with regard to treatment costs, as I only had half of what was itemised on the invoice? It may seem petty, but I need my pennies to carry on with this journey!

Also, me and Him were out last night, and he (for the first time ever) said that he really wanted to be a father and was devastated by what happened. He'd found a book on infertility and had been reading it whilst waiting for me to meet him. He said that he'd not told me this before, as he didn't want to put more pressure on me, as he knew how badly this whole experience was affecting me..... Oh, God, I started to cry, there and then, in the middle of a Cardiff pub. He also said that he isn't remotely bothered about the genetic issue of donor eggs (he would say that though-how would he feel if it was donor sperm??) and even mentioned adoption... OMG. So much to think about. But, the general consensus is to have another go at IVF with my own eggs-probably with another centre, and then decide what to do, if that doesn't work-probably DE IVF. I like a plan girls, and here's mine!

Still inspecting carefully for hairiness, but to date, I am glad to report that all seems to be as it always was! (DHEA side effects, yada yada!).

I think I am on CD9 today-can't believe that I am back to checking ov dates, but haven't the stomach to chart temps just yet, and DTD this morning! Going to catch this egg-Carole, your story has been an inspiration!

Hey Dwrgi I am good today thanks, had a duvet day on the sofa and watched Wales play South Africa in the Rugby. Good game shame about the result you guys played great.

I am so happy to see your spirits lifted, IVF is very tough physically, mentally and definitely financially. It takes time to recover but I never thought I would concieve naturally and yet it has happened 2 months after my botched IVF attempt with horrendous OHSS. I always feel like it gives my fertility a boost as my cycles are normally 26 days but for 3-4 months after IVF they are a perfect 28!! Who knows it could happen for you. DH also had sperm issues the last IVF which he had never had before and I put him on Wellman Conception which I am sure helped as we only had the lastest SA 2 weeks before our hols and they had increased but only to 30M when they were 80M before but still very poor motility. I didn't think we had a hope and was planning on going back to the horible clinic this week to ask for my frozen eggs to be moved and prepare for a FET in Nov.

As for the issue on the costs for your IVF I am not too sure about the legal position, you would need to check the small print. I know that most of them will charge you the full amount if you proceed to EC and yet don't end up with any embies. The question I would ask is how can you go into theatre thinking you had 12 follies and only get 2 eggs, I would want to know the size of the follies as if they were too small or too big then you would not get a good egg. This is something they could have discussed with you before so that you could make an informed decision to abandon the cycle and not incurr full charges.

As for DH that is so lovely, the guys find all of this so hard to deal with as they never quite know what to say to us as they are scared of upsetting us more or they just want to block it out as they are just as emotional as us. That is a major breakthough for you guys that will only make you stronger on this journey.

Basically infertility makes no sense and you never can rule anything out as it always throws a surprise in here and there. I am hoping and praying that you get your surprise very soon :hugs:

Hey Carole! Many congratulations... I am hoping that you are starting the threads lucky streak!! All the very best!

OMM I don't know about you, but just coming to a decision and having a plan makes such a huge difference to my mental state. I know it is a hard decision to come to use donor eggs... took us a long time to get our heads round it... but I do ttruley believe that if this is going to give us the best chance of a healthy child then to hell with it all and I am gonna do it. Also, as you say, it seems a lot less traumatic on our bodies than IVF. Have you picked a clinic yet?

Dwrgi - how are you doing chick? Have you decided what you want to do yet?

Lava any news on baby 2 sex?... how are you?

Skye you are an absolute wonder.... pregnant, looking after your Mum and still find time to check in on us???

Purps, HA and Never, how you guys holding up?

FM, Butterfly, Twinks and everyone else... mucho hugs...

Welcome new ladies

Padbrat, i am so very excited for you!!! Do you know when you will be doing your IVF? And yes we have a clinic, its called Infertility Centers of Illinois, and from what i have read they are fantastic, and i have heard many good things about them. They are very good at what they do, and i loved the doctor, she was like "If you use donor eggs, you have a great chance of getting pg and having a baby" Now thats what i like to hear. It was very hard to let go of the whole using my eggs, part of my problem was i felt like the baby would not have any of me or my dad in it, but the more i thought about it, the more i realized that MY blood will be running through that baby as its growing, so how could it not be me!! And your right, now that we made the decision, i am so at peace and so very excited about the whole thing!!

Chris, I shall be at that intersection with you, with a begging cup also!! I'll bring the sandwiches, you bring the deck chairs! Glad that you have a plan!:hugs:

Yeah, come on honey, we will stand together, and collect for both of us!!!! You made me smile from ear to ear with that, and i told DH who is sitting right next to me what you said and he laughed and said you were so sweet!!

Oh you made me tear up with what he said, oh how freaking sweet is that and he bought a book too, omg i would have been crying too. Now first of all dont you DARE blame yourself for this one not working, i know exactly what your feeling, as i have felt the same way. The last time i was 4 days late, my DH told me that he put the baby name app on his phone and i had to be pg because he put it on there, i bawled my eyes out, because i felt like i was letting him down. I really believe that you going to the new clinic is the very best thing you can do, i really dont like the bland nature the other place took. I really believe that they were not doing what they needed to do and put the blame on your old eggs, they dont just disappear!!!! I think your plan is great, and its always such a relief to have a plan, to know that your moving forward and not just sitting there spinning your wheels!!

AF the rain, sorry honey, i will try to send some of the Chicago sunshine over your way, ugh i hate grey rainy days!!

Hey Carole! Many congratulations... I am hoping that you are starting the threads lucky streak!! All the very best!

OMM I don't know about you, but just coming to a decision and having a plan makes such a huge difference to my mental state. I know it is a hard decision to come to use donor eggs... took us a long time to get our heads round it... but I do ttruley believe that if this is going to give us the best chance of a healthy child then to hell with it all and I am gonna do it. Also, as you say, it seems a lot less traumatic on our bodies than IVF. Have you picked a clinic yet?

Skye you are an absolute wonder.... pregnant, looking after your Mum and still find time to check in on us???

Welcome new ladies

Padbrat, i am so very excited for you!!! Do you know when you will be doing your IVF? And yes we have a clinic, its called Infertility Centers of Illinois, and from what i have read they are fantastic, and i have heard many good things about them. They are very good at what they do, and i loved the doctor, she was like "If you use donor eggs, you have a great chance of getting pg and having a baby" Now thats what i like to hear. It was very hard to let go of the whole using my eggs, part of my problem was i felt like the baby would not have any of me or my dad in it, but the more i thought about it, the more i realized that MY blood will be running through that baby as its growing, so how could it not be me!! And your right, now that we made the decision, i am so at peace and so very excited about the whole thing!!

We are hoping to be getting it done towards the end of October. Hubby has me on a fitness regime as he says I have to be as healthy as possible and I am now taking Omega 3,6 and 9 and I have been told to get a high level Vit D as well... so that is the next thing. I am also taking Pregnacare Pre Concieve and have Hubby on Wellman.

The lady that gives us the egg... it is just 1 cell she is giving... less than we lose in a day from our hair falling out!! Our bodies make that cell to a baby... without us the cells would not become anything, that is my thoughts on the subject anyway.

Our Dr emailed us to say he thinks as my losses were due to my genetics and I am of proven fertility the prognosis is very good for us:happydance:

That is what you want to hear... and who knows maybe PMA could make a difference??...

And if Dwrgi makes the decision to join us on our journey we could be the ED clan!! :haha:

Dwrgi - awwww, how lovely is your OH?! That made me tear up. I think it's lovely that he was trying to protect you by not putting any extra pressure on you but also that he realised that it's good to open up a bit so you don't feel like you're the only one in the partnership who wants this so badly. So yay for your OH!!! Wishing you (and everyone obviously!) lots of :dust:

AFM - got the egg on my CBFM today which means my little egg is going to be starting it's lonely journey tomorrow or the day after. But that means my follicular phase this month will be either 11 or 12 days which is within normal ranges I believe so that's encouraging. It's about time I really started paying attention to these things.

Welcome new ladies

We are hoping to be getting it done towards the end of October. Hubby has me on a fitness regime as he says I have to be as healthy as possible and I am now taking Omega 3,6 and 9 and I have been told to get a high level Vit D as well... so that is the next thing. I am also taking Pregnacare Pre Concieve and have Hubby on Wellman.

The lady that gives us the egg... it is just 1 cell she is giving... less than we lose in a day from our hair falling out!! Our bodies make that cell to a baby... without us the cells would not become anything, that is my thoughts on the subject anyway.

Our Dr emailed us to say he thinks as my losses were due to my genetics and I am of proven fertility the prognosis is very good for us:happydance:

That is what you want to hear... and who knows maybe PMA could make a difference??...

And if Dwrgi makes the decision to join us on our journey we could be the ED clan!! :haha:

Yep your hubby is right, and that is what i am doing too, trying to eat better and work out and get into better shape. I am going to continue to take my prenatal, i unfortunatly have a very bad reaction for any kind of fish oils or flax seed oils so i cant take those pre natals.

I also thought that the woman that donates the eggs must have a huge wonderful loving heart to do this, and thats a great start, and your right, its just one cell, thats great news from your doctor!!! And yep i think when you do this cycle you are going to get a super sticky bean. I am so jealous that you get to start in october, ugh i am looking at late november, and possibly december, seems so far away lol.

Yep we could be the ED clan, i love it!!!!! But i am praying that this IVF cycle works for Dwrgi, and we are all pg at the same time!!

Please excuse me ladies but I am going to

SCREAM!!!!

I have just rung IVF Wales, to ask for a consultation, and they are not taking on any more patients until the New Year! OMG. How crap is that???? I said that I was 40 with a "low amh" and I am to ring back on Wednesday to speak to the line manager. OMG! Even when you are throwing money at them, they don't want it! This will never happen for me, it just seems to be one door closed in my face after another. Bloody hell and BOLLOX!

Sorry for the rant-I hope that you are all very well and enjoying your Mondays!

Lots of love to you all!
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Dwrgi,

I know it is completely frustrating but try and see what they say on Wednesday. The only good thing to think about is that this clinic must be a great one as they are so busy, it they were no good you would be able to get in with them right away.

For my first IVF I had to wait a couple of months to be able to start and it was worth the wait as the level of care and attention I received was top rate. In fact I still email my doctor in London for advice when I am having to navigate the system here in Bahrain and he always responds and gives me support.

The other thing to consider is that you have just come out of a IVF cycle and it wouldn't do any harm to let your body to balance out and recover before you start the onslaught of stimming again. Just remember you still have a chance of a natural BFP in that time, I am proof of that as my AMH is alot lower than my doctor expected it to be and I have concieved naturally.

Never give up hope your time will come, when they call on Wednesday see if you can negotiate and start in November or December. I do know how upsetting this all is as I always felt like I was up against the clock and my chances running out but you have to believe that you will get your BFP. I am willing it to happen and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers :hugs:

Dwrgi, that is rotten for you, but what Carole says makes a lot of sense, it is so important to get the right clinic to boost your chances, and in the meantime you can rest your body, recover from round 1 of IVF and still TTC naturally.

Thanks guys, I think this is brilliant advice and I will follow! I guess we get impatient as there is the sense that time is running out. I think it would be a good idea to try and chill a bit, too, not keep wanting things NOW NOW NOW.

So, am slightly calmer than before and will defo try and negotiate for the Winter for a consult. TO be honest, I don't want to do a treatment till January (I want the DHEA to work), but I did want to have a consult to discuss options...

Thanks for your input. I'm going to remember to BREATHE now and be more calm!

Hope you're both okay?

Lots of love,
A
xxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Well hopefully you can get on the list, see them before New Year and start in January, as the DHEA is supposed to take 3 months to kick in, FX it could work out ok.

Totally understand you're keen to keep the momentum up though:thumbup:

All's well with me, but I'm not feeling September here, ready to move on to next cycle:wacko:

Please excuse me ladies but I am going to

SCREAM!!!!

I have just rung IVF Wales, to ask for a consultation, and they are not taking on any more patients until the New Year! OMG. How crap is that???? I said that I was 40 with a "low amh" and I am to ring back on Wednesday to speak to the line manager. OMG! Even when you are throwing money at them, they don't want it! This will never happen for me, it just seems to be one door closed in my face after another. Bloody hell and BOLLOX!

Sorry for the rant-I hope that you are all very well and enjoying your Mondays!

Lots of love to you all!
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh honey how completly frustrating for you!!! Do not give up!!!! You go there if you have too, thats so not fair!!:hugs: See i am one of the impatient ones, but Carole is right, take some time to re group and relax for the next cycle, this way your body and mind will both be in a better frame!!

Hey Dwrgi I do understand your frustration and worry, its only natural. I can totally be the same but then the only one who suffers is us as I learn't the hard way that I cannot control this journey, it has a life of itself and does as it pleases. So completely selfish I say!!!

I am stressing a little bit too today as just has my 2nd beta bloods taken 1 hour ago and now waiting for them to call with the results. Now I know logically I should be fine as my first looked so good but I can't help worrying after my last MC. I guess I will know in 2 hours, going to do my best to relax in the meantime (who am I kidding)

Hope everyone else is well today and praying for lots of sticky beans on this thread, we all deserve it so much:hugs::hugs:

ok and if all else fails...I know it is crazy expensive but you can always come to the US to do it!

Hey Dwrgi I do understand your frustration and worry, its only natural. I can totally be the same but then the only one who suffers is us as I learn't the hard way that I cannot control this journey, it has a life of itself and does as it pleases. So completely selfish I say!!!

I am stressing a little bit too today as just has my 2nd beta bloods taken 1 hour ago and now waiting for them to call with the results. Now I know logically I should be fine as my first looked so good but I can't help worrying after my last MC. I guess I will know in 2 hours, going to do my best to relax in the meantime (who am I kidding)

Hope everyone else is well today and praying for lots of sticky beans on this thread, we all deserve it so much:hugs::hugs:

Honey i have everything crossed for you for a beautiful number!!! Try to stay calm and think positive, yea i know easier said than done lol. I am here hugging you tight!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->