TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Phew I can now relax, my numbers just came in and they are 2198. So relieved.

I think God must be looking down on me right now.

Caroleb- I have been lurking lately but I was sooooooo thrilled to see that you got a bfp! I'm so super excited!!!!!!

Dwrgi- Hugs! I think your reaction was exactly how I would have reacted I think just hearing the word NO sets me off when it's ttc related. It sounds like that you are a little calmer now. Keep us posted on what you find out Wed. FX that you get your consult.

Pad- Super excited about your IVF I just know you are going to get your healthy baby!!! Egg donor is just a means to getting YOUR baby, the baby that is going to grow inside of you and have all of your wonder qualities.

AFM- I have started the birth control which is for down regging so I'm just waiting on 9/27 when I go to the IVF class and have my 3-d ultrasound.

Hey Skye, OMM Lava, and all of the newbies.

OH OH OH!!!! Carole!!!! That's fantastic news!! I'm so chuffed for you!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Dwrgi - grr to IVF Wales - hope they are more accomodating on Wednesday. Glad you haven't acquired a beard yet.

Hello everyone else and big hugs :hugs:

Afm - turns out the sore boobs were not a bfp symptom as the witch is here :cry: I've booked myself in for an HSG though - 22nd Sept at 3.30

Hey Dwrgi I do understand your frustration and worry, its only natural. I can totally be the same but then the only one who suffers is us as I learn't the hard way that I cannot control this journey, it has a life of itself and does as it pleases. So completely selfish I say!!!

I am stressing a little bit too today as just has my 2nd beta bloods taken 1 hour ago and now waiting for them to call with the results. Now I know logically I should be fine as my first looked so good but I can't help worrying after my last MC. I guess I will know in 2 hours, going to do my best to relax in the meantime (who am I kidding)

Hope everyone else is well today and praying for lots of sticky beans on this thread, we all deserve it so much:hugs::hugs:

Just saw this Carole-bless you, you have plenty on your mind without having to comfort me-so sorry to hog hun!!! I am keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you with your results-let us know as soon as you get the results! I am SURE they will be fine!
Big :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: to you hun!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That is absolutely brilliant! I am feeling all emotional! This is your very special, here to stay, sticky bean! Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

OH OH OH!!!! Carole!!!! That's fantastic news!! I'm so chuffed for you!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Dwrgi - grr to IVF Wales - hope they are more accomodating on Wednesday. Glad you haven't acquired a beard yet.

Hello everyone else and big hugs :hugs:

Afm - turns out the sore boobs were not a bfp symptom as the witch is here :cry: I've booked myself in for an HSG though - 22nd Sept at 3.30

So sorry that the dreaded witch showed. Grrr-:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Good luck for hsg test! I like a plan!

No, just checked-no beard just yet! :winkwink:
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:happydance::happydance: Yea, fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm i still think there is two in there lol.!!!!! Whoooooo hooooooo!!:happydance:

Great news Caroleb!!! I wish you happy and healthy pregnancy :happydance::happydance::happydance::yipee::yipee:

Dwrgi -Good luck for Wednesday, I think Carole gave you great advice about giving your body some time to get back to normal before next ivf, but as you said, why not start planning for the next cycle already. FX this clinic is a good one! I really admire you for pushing forward and your DH is a sweetie!

Twinkle -sorry that the :witch: got you.

FM - Hoping you will get your LO soon & good luck with ivf :thumbup:

OMM - Fabulous news about your new clinic & doctor! I don't actually know how the ivf works with a donor egg -do you need to take anything else apart from progesterone? Sorry if this is a dumb question...

LLbean & 4ever -how are you dealing with the 2ww post transfer?

Everyone else :hi: Hope you well!

AFM- I had the embryo transfer 2 days ago. Out of 16 fertilized eggs only one was a good blastocyte and another one was 'nearly there'. Was really disappointed that we didn't have any blastocytes for freezing and that so many embryos didn't survive at all for day 5. I thought that all the pain after the ER would have been worth it if we had some embryos for freezing. BUt hey ho, it wasn't meant to be.
OHSS symptoms are luckily gone, so physically I feel better.
Now I'm in the middle of the dreaded 2 ww. It's a bit of an emotional rollercoaster - one day I'm feeling really hopeful and then crash down to a complete hopelesness.

One day at time I suppose...

Great news Caroleb!!! I wish you happy and healthy pregnancy :happydance::happydance::happydance::yipee::yipee:

Dwrgi -Good luck for Wednesday, I think Carole gave you great advice about giving your body some time to get back to normal before next ivf, but as you said, why not start planning for the next cycle already. FX this clinic is a good one! I really admire you for pushing forward and your DH is a sweetie!

Twinkle -sorry that the :witch: got you.

FM - Hoping you will get your LO soon & good luck with ivf :thumbup:

OMM - Fabulous news about your new clinic & doctor! I don't actually know how the ivf works with a donor egg -do you need to take anything else apart from progesterone? Sorry if this is a dumb question...

LLbean & 4ever -how are you dealing with the 2ww post transfer?

Everyone else :hi: Hope you well!

AFM- I had the embryo transfer 2 days ago. Out of 16 fertilized eggs only one was a good blastocyte and another one was 'nearly there'. Was really disappointed that we didn't have any blastocytes for freezing and that so many embryos didn't survive at all for day 5. I thought that all the pain after the ER would have been worth it if we had some embryos for freezing. BUt hey ho, it wasn't meant to be.
Now I'm in the middle of the dreaded 2 ww. It's a bit of an emotional rollercoaster - one day I'm feeling really hopeful and then crash down to a complete hopelesness.

Hang in there

I also had 18 eggs, only 13 big enough to fertilize, out of the 13 only 8 were doing well and out of the 8 only one passed the PGD.

I'm doing ok, just waiting and waiting...and injecting LOL

Did they tell you what yours was?

Hi Ladies-

I normally don't post in this section bc I'm not TTC #1, but I received an email from Wooly this morning and she wanted me to let everyone know that she's doing fine and sends her well wishes and baby dust. :flower:

She's having log-in issues and has a very busy week ahead of her, so she's not sure when she'll be able to drop in...but she sends plenty of :hugs:

Fx'd for everyone here!

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

LLbean My ivf is NHS funded box standard no frills kind of cycle so they just graded the embryo & blastocyst, no info about gender.

xx

Please excuse me ladies but I am going to

SCREAM!!!!

I have just rung IVF Wales, to ask for a consultation, and they are not taking on any more patients until the New Year! OMG. How crap is that???? I said that I was 40 with a "low amh" and I am to ring back on Wednesday to speak to the line manager. OMG! Even when you are throwing money at them, they don't want it! This will never happen for me, it just seems to be one door closed in my face after another. Bloody hell and BOLLOX!

Sorry for the rant-I hope that you are all very well and enjoying your Mondays!

Lots of love to you all!
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
I'm sorry - I know how frustrating that is, especially when coupled with the fear of running out of time. FX'd they will be able to squeeze you in earlier. Pester them often if you have to.
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
Fantastic news!!

I'm sorry, hun. :hugs::hugs: My two bits of advice re the HSG: don't pay too much attention to the horror stories on here and elsewhere (after all, how many people go online to post that their procedure was completely uneventful and pain-free?), and take 600 mg ibuprofen or 1000 mg acetaminophen about 45 minutes before the HSG - that will go a long way toward preventing/dulling any pain. Mine was over in >5 minutes. I felt some very brief pinching-type pain as the dr inserted the catheter, and some mild cramping as the dye spilled out of the tubes (which stopped the instant he stopped injecting the dye). I hope yours goes as easily. :hugs:

I'm glad the OHSS is easing up. I'm sorry there weren't as many blasts as you'd have liked, but two good blasts still gives you great odds. Take it easy on yourself the next two weeks - I think two weeks of sitting on your couch watching movies would fit the bill! :winkwink:

Hang in there

I also had 18 eggs, only 13 big enough to fertilize, out of the 13 only 8 were doing well and out of the 8 only one passed the PGD.

If you don't mind my asking, what were they screened for? Are you or your DH known carriers of something? If we end up doing IVF my RE mentioned the possibility of using PGD to screen for the most common trisomies (since we've had 3 mc now), but we don't qualify for PGD on the insurance company's dime and we can't afford it out-of-pocket....

Hang in there

If you don't mind my asking, what were they screened for? Are you or your DH known carriers of something? If we end up doing IVF my RE mentioned the possibility of using PGD to screen for the most common trisomies (since we've had 3 mc now), but we don't qualify for PGD on the insurance company's dime and we can't afford it out-of-pocket....

Same was for me...cause of age they just want to check for chromosomal stuff like downs, trisomies etc... We are not known carriers of anything but she wanted to make sure cause any of those things can affect the pregnancy and of course the outcome. A ton of those actually cause MC

Did they quote you a price for the PGD? Compared to the rest it was not that bad. Frankly I rather pay that out of pocket and KNOW I will have a healthy baby than not. And I am sure they can tell you of financing options

hi ladies :hi:

wooly - if you can see this, even if you can't post :hugs: hope your doing ok!

LL, Bearlake and forever - fingers crossed for you ladies xxxx

Carole - Im no expert but your numbers look soooo good!! here's to an extra sticky bean :hugs:

Twinkle - so sorry about that dratted :witch: damn her!! :hugs: but good luck with hyster-thingymajig!

Dwrgi - you scream all you like! big superduper :hugs: :hugs::hugs: I am sorry that the new IVF place weren't more helpful, but as the other ladies have said, it would give you some time to recover and to let the dhea do it's thing. It's so frustrating when doctors etc don't have the same urgency that we do!

HA and never - big :hugs: for you. how are you doing? I'm thinking about you xxxx

lava , skye, Butterfly and FM - :hugs: ladies, hope you are doing good!

Manuiti - Im glad that you are finding a positive in that your cycle seems to be regulating itself, hopefully when your DH returns, that will be your lucky cycle xxxx

OMM - you sound so positive since your appointment - Im so happy and excited for you :hugs:

and huge :hugs: to everyone else xxxx

afm - I had quite a good day yesterday, and then a bit of a "mini loony tunes meltdown" this morning. however on a good note, the little spells of feeling terrible are getting shorter and I can pull myself together a bit more easily now. It doesn't help that it seems like every patient (Im a nurse) I see is a pregnant lady or a really cute little baby..... :sigh: never mind. I brought a new BB thermometer today, so I think once AF visits next time Ill start the charting again.

Purple, i hear you; my SIL, good friend and ALL the women I seem to be in contact with are suddenly pregnant or carrying a newborn. It is so damn hard.
And of course they all get preggies just by looking at their partner/husband/postman ...

YAY Carole... good number chick!

Welcome back from Lurkdom FM xx

OMM - come on for the ED clan PMA!! Whoa... we can do this!

HA - I was told to have PGD due to my translocation.... actually I found that going abroad it is considerbly cheaper than the UK... and I am assuming the same would be true of the US. May be worth investigating?

Purps - pleased you are feeling a little less sad.... it does take time and make sure you give yourself that.... the tears and emotions will hit you when you least expect it.

Good luck with the hsg Twinks!

Hey Butterfly, Skye, Never and of course our new ladies... Bear, North, Desperado et all.

Dwrgi... you scream all you like... I am sooo impatient too... I would also advise you to check out abroad... waiting lists a lot shorter and cheaper, with most having comparable success rates to the UK...... just an idea chick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->