TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Oops! Hit send to early!

purplelou, lava, HA, MA- hi girls!

And to anyone I missed, hope all is well!

AFM- great news yesterday. FS reviewed my file again and found something to technically substantiate "infertility" in my file - before they dx me with recurrent m/c since I've had 3 pregnancies although unsuccessful. So I called my insurance company and <bam!> we got IVF covered. I don't think I have ever been happier to hear someone attribute infertility with my name! 50k lifetime x 2. Some positive news on a tough road. Some good news. Although PGD testing isn't covered. At least that is all we have to take care of.

With my emotions a little raw, I feel like it may be a sign. Or maybe that is me trying to find a little more light in the tunnel. Hey, whatever works!!!

Gotta run! xxxxx

Oops! Hit send to early!

AFM- great news yesterday. FS reviewed my file again and found something to technically substantiate "infertility" in my file - before they dx me with recurrent m/c since I've had 3 pregnancies although unsuccessful. So I called my insurance company and <bam!> we got IVF covered. I don't think I have ever been happier to hear someone attribute infertility with my name! 50k lifetime x 2. Some positive news on a tough road. Some good news. Although PGD testing isn't covered. At least that is all we have to take care of.

With my emotions a little raw, I feel like it may be a sign. Or maybe that is me trying to find a little more light in the tunnel. Hey, whatever works!!!

Gotta run! xxxxx

Congratulations on getting the coverage. You must be thrilled. Keep thinking of those signs as good ones :)

Hello lovelies! Hope everyone is doing ok this afternoon.

keekee- hang in there hon. I know how hard it is to see friends have success when you do want your own. We lost our little one 5/11 - my BFF was there at the hospital with us @ 38 weeks. I was there with her when she gave birth on 5/24 and she was delivered by my OB. People asked how I did it. For me, I couldn't not be there- she's the sister of my heart. And it was tough but as I told everyone, I can be happy for her and sad for me. And everone. including my doctor was kind and sympathetic making sure I was ok. But you do what feels right for you at the moment and she will understand.

never- thanks so much hon. Yeah it sucks to be back in TTC mode but I still believe it is worth it. Isn't that why we all keep trying?

FM- good to hear from you!

skye- thanks for your sweet words and the IVF support. IVF is a whiole new world for me and seems like so much to get your arms around! But I'm researching and trying to figure it all out.

carole- congrats on a great scan.

twinkle- so glad the HSG went well. I remember that one - not one of my favorite tests but worth the peace of mind.

OMM- I think everyone makes a good point. This such a PERSONAL journey. What feels right for you is what matters. I know one of the reasons I love it here is that there (remarkably!) are no judgments. It's a truly safe place on a rough road.

padbrat- you are the best a d your support means alot. Good luck with the injections. That is one of my newbie IVF fears!!!

4ever- glad to hear you didn't have to wait months and are in a good place.

keekee-

Thanks honey and your right, i just love it here, nobody judges you for your decisions, there is no drama, there is just love and support, this is truly a fantastic bunch of ladies in here, i honestly dont know what i would do without all of you!! :hugs:

Ladies thank you all so much for your support, i really appreciate it, and thanks for saying that i will be a good mom. I think what is so hard, is that i only have one shot at the IVF, so do i use my eggs and take a chance or do i use donor eggs and have a much better chance at having a baby, i guess all i can do is leave it in God's hands and let whatever happens happen. I should find out either today or next week what my AMH and other levels are at, i guess that will be the deciding factor, if the levels come out great then we might just try my eggs, if they come our really low then donor. Thanks again ladies, i love you all!!.

I hope your levels come back good, FXd for you. But if you only have one shot I would definitely consider the donor eggs if the pregnancy rate is so much higher. its only an egg, you are doing the rest of the world creating the baby :hugs:

Yeah i have pretty much decided to go the donor route, i got to thinking about the 4 m/c we have already had and i just dont think IVF is going to do all that much, so i am going with the better odds, at this point, i just want a baby. Its funny a friend of mine said she wants us to use the donor eggs, because it makes her so sad to see me get my hopes up only to have them come crashing down, and she is right, i want to give myself the best possible odds there is, so donor eggs it is lol. Does anybody know when you use donor eggs, do they know which ones are boys or girls, or is that only found out if you do the genetic tests on it?

Oops! Hit send to early!

Gotta run! xxxxx

Ohhhhh that is truly fantastic news!!!! :happydance::happydance: welcome to the crazy world of IVF!!!!

Shhhh.....t. I jabbed myself quite low down my belly button by mistake with my Heparine injectios. I wonder if it could touch and hurt the baby??? She started moving and kicking as I did the injection :(

Shhhh.....t. I jabbed myself quite low down my belly button by mistake with my Heparine injectios. I wonder if it could touch and hurt the baby??? She started moving and kicking as I did the injection :(

No they def can't reach the baby Hun it was prob u jumping that made her jump ,don't worry ,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you so much Desperado. I'm tired and paranoid I guess. Just going to bed now. XXX :hugs::hugs:

Titi glad you ahve got the IVF coverage and OMM, am glad you are chosing donor eggs tbh as I think there is so much more chance of success. If you look at LL bean's journal they told her what sex the embryos were that were being transferred so if you get enough you might get a choice :hugs::hugs:

Gotta run! xxxxx

Yay! That's brilliant. Just brilliant. :hugs:

Hi to all of you lovely ladies! I have missed you all so much and have a lot of reading to catch up on, to see what's going on with all of you!

Sending big hugs your way.:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Not much going on with me. We have decided to try IVF. It will be expensive but so worth it. I want to be a mommy so much. My cousin called me a couple of days ago and told me she was pregnant. After we got off the phone I burst into :cry::cry: This will be her 3rd child. don't get me wrong, I am very Happy for her but crushed at the same time because I want what she has. I tried to talk to her about my dh and I going for IVF...and she answers back with pity in her voice (for me). Sorry to come back after all this time and vent but I knew this was the place to come to.:flower::flower:

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::juggle::dance::hug::hug::hug:omg ,I have thought about you so many times and missed you so much So so sorry u feel sad :hugs::hugs:But if it's ivf u need to get your :baby:Then ivf it is ,the journey will be harder but it will be so much worth it in the end and u will be a mommy my love ,so happy u are back lovely,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Titi that's great :)))) Woohohhh!!! PGD doesn't cost that much. It is an expense that adds to the IVF but no where as much. I remember it was the same as a egg collection procedure or a little more than that. That's all. If you are covered fro the tx and the meds, that's absolutely wonderful news.

Honestly I wonder if in the future it would be a standard procedure for IVF. Cause it almost doesn't make sense to go through the whole Hooohaaa (treatment) and leave the choice of embryo to complete luck (Appearance is theonly thing embryologists go by)

Chris fingers crossed that all is well next week and you would get a result that is clear and the most efficient for you. Pls pls try not to think too much and stress about it. One week will come and go than before you know iut you will make the decision and be ready to go. I'm rooting for you either way and wishing you a speedy sticky baby. XXXXX

Dwrgi "Old eggs" excuse is endocrinologists life saver so don't listen to that. Why did they take u in the first place if they thought your eggs were bad? And why are they offering a second time with a different trigger? The trigger promotes more egg growth while waiting and I bet they used a strong med and a strong trigger for you. So probably eggs grew too quickly and popped before the collection. Your stims wasn't even 10 days if I remember correctly. For women who have low egg reserves they try to make the egg growth slowly so that they have a more controlled growth and the little ones can catch up and mature.
I love your Video, it's so inspiring. Hope you can sort out all the beureaucracy etc Hugs and love.

Keeky and Luvy :hugs: :hugs: You will get there. I know it is a rub in the wound when u have someone so close getting BFP. :shrug: But you will be in their shoes one day too.

Keeky are you allowed a tx if you had to?

Luvy I'm glad to see u back hon. Good luck with the drs xx
Desperado is that your doggy going for the watermelon. I love that photo :))

XXXXXX To all. have a great weekend girls.

A rabbit? That looks like a doggie. hahahhahahaha!! Well the watermelon makes more sense in that case. hahahahahha!!! LOL! LOL!

Keeky are you allowed a tx if you had to?

I really don't know - because the tumour was oestrogen/progesterone receptor positive I guess they'd be limited as to the kind of meds I could have. My OH is adamant that my health comes first whatever we do and he'd be reluctant for me to have anything that could raise my hormone levels and possibly cause a recurrence. I find the whole thing confusing as I'm not really up on fertility meds and Tx. ATM I'm not on any meds except anti-d's and supplements so I think our train of thought is to TTC (or rather my OH thinks NTNP!) naturally and then if nothing happens by December when I have my next onc appointment then we can take things further. Sometimes if I think about it too much I feel like I could turn into a crazy woman :wacko:.

Titi that's great :)))) Woohohhh!!! PGD doesn't cost that much. It is an expense that adds to the IVF but no where as much. I remember it was the same as a egg collection procedure or a little more than that. That's all. If you are covered fro the tx and the meds, that's absolutely wonderful news.

Honestly I wonder if in the future it would be a standard procedure for IVF. Cause it almost doesn't make sense to go through the whole Hooohaaa (treatment) and leave the choice of embryo to complete luck (Appearance is theonly thing embryologists go by)

Thanks, skye. Yes, I agree. Seems silly insurance doesn't pay for it. But the IVF insurance coordinator at my FS office says that my insurance company has been re-evaluating covering PGD every November for the past few years. I guess some folks feel it makes a lot of sense but you know insurance companies. Why cover something that actually makes some sense???? Hopefully that policy will change in the near future. I know many, many women who would otherwise consider it would greatly benefit from it. I have heard that in most cases it can double your chances of conceiving (whatever that chance may be given your age/medical conditions, etc.). For me, it is the only reason IVF makes sense. I figure give myself a fighting chance starting with a genetically normal embryo and hope for the best. I know things can happen after transfer but statistics do seems to favor better outcomes.

Holy crap. I can't believe I am moving on to IVF. Does anyone else ever feel like "what the %#@!! I can't believe I'm here?!?!?!?!?!?" :shrug: Not the way I every thought I'd do it but, hey, whatever works! :thumbup:

:hugs: ladies

Yeah Hahaha!! When I remember the first time we didn't use a condom in 2008, I thought I'm already pregnant the next day. Also a couple of months later I had a quite a bad cramping one day and I rushed to GP. I insisted I'd be scanned in case I'm having an ectopic. The GP looked at my face as if I'm a lunatic and she said "Yeah but you had a period right? That is impossible" I didn't believe her. Ha ha big F hahahahaha!!!! That was my confidence in my pipes when I started. LOOOONG time ago that is. U are not alone Titi :))))

Yeah Hahaha!! When I remember the first time we didn't use a condom in 2008, I thought I'm already pregnant the next day. Also a couple of months later I had a quite a bad cramping one day and I rushed to GP. I insisted I'd be scanned in case I'm having an ectopic. The GP looked at my face as if I'm a lunatic and she said "Yeah but you had a period right? That is impossible" I didn't believe her. Ha ha big F hahahahaha!!!! That was my confidence in my pipes when I started. LOOOONG time ago that is. U are not alone Titi :))))

Oh if it were only so easy!!!! I had a similar experience with my first unprotected sex date with my husband. I was pretty sure that I was done for the next 9 months/18 years :0)

Anyway, here's to appreciating the blessed event even more when it happens :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->