TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/The-Fertile-Window---Scientific-Literature-Review.html

We know most of this already but there might be something of use here-multiple DTD on the same day?????!!!! Whoop whoooo!!

Hi to you all!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm assuming that doesn't apply to those of us with OH's who have lazy swimmers - the FS said to dtd every other day to give them a chance to recover!?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/The-Fertile-Window---Scientific-Literature-Review.html

We know most of this already but there might be something of use here-multiple DTD on the same day?????!!!! Whoop whoooo!!

Hi to you all!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm assuming that doesn't apply to those of us with OH's who have lazy swimmers - the FS said to dtd every other day to give them a chance to recover!?

What this says is that the more you DTD the greater your chance. But, if issues do concern male factor, then the advice is generally to conserve them by waiting a day or so. The trick is to know when your ovulation day will be.....

We will ALL be experts on fertility by the time we're done!!
:hugs:

Ya Twinks we were told every other day by both my M/C consultants.....

Apparently swimmers need time to recover their numbers otherwise you just get the crappy ones....

Hi Dwrgi!

Well I can barely get my OH to DTD twice in a week never mind a day :rofl:

Oh to be a sex maniac :rofl:

XxX

Hahaha no use being a sex maniac if your guy wants it once a month let alone twice a week :rofl::rofl:

I wish I was attractive as late night repeats of Family Guy & American Dad on BBC3!

Twinkle - you are so very much more attractive!!! (it must be a man thing - cos my DH likes those shows too!)

Twinkle - you are so very much more attractive!!! (it must be a man thing - cos my DH likes those shows too!)

I wouldn't mind so much if he hadn't seen them so many times he can quote them off by heart!!

I'm fighting back though - I've just bought a book on burlesque and a cd of burlesque music from Amazon :shy: I hope he appreciates it!!

Oh Twinkle - you go girl!! you DH will NOT be able to resist!! the Tv does not stand a chance!

I'm fighting back though - I've just bought a book on burlesque and a cd of burlesque music from Amazon :shy: I hope he appreciates it!!

ooh la la!! very nice! I alllllmost did something similar last week - there was a Groupon last week for a half-price boudoir photography session and I almost did it as a Christmas present for him - but I chickened out in the end!!! I should have done it - a pro photographer could make me look waaaaay sexier than I look irl. And God knows I'm not getting any younger! OR thinner!!! :rofl:

Hi Ladies,
Hope you are all well :hugs:

HA - How are you holding up? Im still sending positive thoughts your way!

I will have to make this one a short one because I am about to start work, so anyway, Just wanted to pop on and say, good morning and send a bunch to everyone xxx :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

afm - AF got me last night, and I can honestly say Hooray!! (not often you get to say that when TTC) I feel like I am starting from the beginning, a fresh sheet if you know what I mean? Ive started temping this morning, so now we keep our fingers crossed and I keep my feet up the wall again.

Lou sending some :hugs: and hoping that you won't have to wait too long for your sticky BFP :dust:

Twinkle - I brought some dvds which teach me how to dance burlesque about a week ago but waiting on them from the US. Wanted to learn something new to ensure I could DH in the mood when required :winkwink:

Sending loads of :hugs: and :dust: to all x

Woohooo, Twinks and Macwooly, U keep rocking girls xxxx

Hey girls! What's going on here?!! I turn my back for two minutes, and you guys have turned into Dita Von Teese!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: Brilliant!! I would never have the confidence, so I admire those who have. And, if you enjoy it and have some fun doing it, then yo go girls!!!!

HA-that boudoir photo session sounds fab. I bet you'd look fabulous. Why do we chicken out of these things?? My OH bought me a set of cards for my 40th and wants me to do a '40 things to do whilst I'm forty', and write them in this-basically things you'd never done before, and I really like the idea of letting go and just going for it! I've done about 7 things so far! It's so easy to change your mind and then regret it, but how empowering to actually do these things!! How are you feeling now, post IUI?? Hope you're okay? I'm keeping all my fingers crossed for you! :hugs:

Lou, you are quite right, fresh start today and positive thinking all the way. You have a strong heart and a great support system at home, and here (I hope), so let's go for that BFP hun!!! I am sending huge shed loads of :dust: your way! How are you feeling in yourself though? It is hard though and you've had a double whammy. Huge hugs to you cos you are doing BRILLIANTLY!

Hello Pad and Skye and Macwooly, and Twinkle and everybody else! Big :hugs: to you all.

I have just had a complete meltdown in work-and spent the last hour in my Assistant Head's Office crying on her shoulder, complete wreck. Yet another colleague has announced she is pregnant, and everybody was whooping because she has twins! I think it is a Clomid pregnancy as I know she has had trouble, but she is 30 and has time on her side. I am so pleased for her but so gutted for myself. Everybody in the staffroom was excited and whooping, I couldn't bear it and discreetly left (trying to keep the tears from rolling) and went straight into my Assistant Head who took me under her wing. I had such a blub, but it was good to get it out. I also saw a dead cat on the road this morning, and we've had a terrible weekend with the dogs escaping on Sunday (and huskeys love to run...convinced we'd lost them, or a farmer would shoot them). I've just had enough.

I know that Skye said that docs don't generally test for autoimmune issues until your have three mcs but isn't this worth looking into as it is NOT NORMAL to not be able to conceive in four years, minus one blip?? There is obviously a problem with our joint genetics, or something......... I DO have slight arthritis in my toe, finger and knee, also am prone to depression, so I am more likely to succumb to this problem. Isn't it worth looking into for elimination purposes? I'd gladly pay the money as I just want answers. I have no answers at the moment. The lady with the 0.7 amh who had natural IVF was treated at CREATE in London, and she asked why I was waiting until the Spring for the next treatment, as time was of the essence.... DHEA hadn't worked for her. Could she be right?

Anyway, there's me, another drama for today......

Love to you all!

:flower:

Dwrgi :hugs:

I can feel you pain as we had a husky X on foster and she slipped her lead on a walk. We got her back but took 24 hours and I was sick with worry. And one of my past cats was an RTA fatality and it's awful.

I think we all understand the rollercoaster of emotions when people we work with or in the family announce pregnancies. We are happy for them and wish them nothing but the best but it brings it home to us how we aren't yet in their position :hugs:

Glad the blub helped and I so hope you do get some answer to get your forever baby :hugs:

:hug: dwrgi. It is so hard when all around seem to be pg and yes 4 years is a long time for you not to have some answers :nope: I really hope that things turn around for you soon and you get your forever :baby: :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Purple - good in a way that Af showed so that you can start to move on - like you say a fresh start towards your sticky BFP :hugs::hugs:

AFM I got provisional numbers on the SA - 20m+ count, 54% motility and 5% morphology so that is not as bad as i thought it might be...

:hug: dwrgi. It is so hard when all around seem to be pg and yes 4 years is a long time for you not to have some answers :nope: I really hope that things turn around for you soon and you get your forever :baby: :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

AFM I got provisional numbers on the SA - 20m+ count, 54% motility and 5% morphology so that is not as bad as i thought it might be...

Thanks hun! I need a miracle very very soon!!

I've cut and pasted WHO guidelines on sperm. Your BF's sample isn't bad at all. Count is good, motility is excellent (40% is their borderline level) and 5% morphology adheres to their borderline level too. Not bad at all. Keep him on the Wellman, and I was also told that zinc was THE vitamin to use for this issue. No laptops on laps, no tight pants, no hot baths, moderate alcohol, healthy diet, regular ejaculation to keep sperm fresh, no extreme exercise, etc. etc.!!

Have you had your amh level done? (God, I sound obsessed!). I would do this, and if you discover it is low, it will give you a much better insight into what you do next. I think some GPs do it on the NHS, otherwise it costs about £70. It is worth its weight I think.

Good luck hun, :thumbup:

I've cut and pasted WHO guidelines on sperm. Your BF's sample isn't bad at all. Count is good, motility is excellent (40% is their borderline level) and 5% morphology adheres to their borderline level too. Not bad at all. Keep him on the Wellman, and I was also told that zinc was THE vitamin to use for this issue. No laptops on laps, no tight pants, no hot baths, moderate alcohol, healthy diet, regular ejaculation to keep sperm fresh, no extreme exercise, etc. etc.!!

Have you had your amh level done? (God, I sound obsessed!). I would do this, and if you discover it is low, it will give you a much better insight into what you do next. I think some GPs do it on the NHS, otherwise it costs about £70. It is worth its weight I think.

Thanks hon, he is starting to make changes already and I bought him 3 months worth of zinc when i was there :haha::haha:

You are right, I really want to know what my AMH is and I am going to ask the doc that when I get back. If they don't do it then I will def pay the £70 to get it done privately :hugs::hugs:

Thanks hon, he is starting to make changes already and I bought him 3 months worth of zinc when i was there :haha::haha:

You are right, I really want to know what my AMH is and I am going to ask the doc that when I get back. If they don't do it then I will def pay the £70 to get it done privately :hugs::hugs:

Oops, forgot to cut and paste!

These are the new 'WHO' guidelines:
The following one-sided lower reference limits, the fifth centiles (with 95th percent confidence intervals), were generated from
men whose partners had TTP 12 months: semen volume, 1.5 ml (1.4–1.7); total sperm number, 39 million per ejaculate (33–46); sperm
concentration, 15 million per ml (12–16); vitality, 58% live (55–63); progressive motility, 32% (31–34); total (progressive þ nonprogressive)
motility, 40% (38–42); morphologically normal forms, 4.0% (3.0–4.0). Semen quality of the reference population was superior

to that of the men from the general population and normozoospermic men.

This is the whole pdf for anyone who wants to read:

[/font][/color] https://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/topics/infertility/cooper_et_al_hru.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->