TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hey girls I'm so tempted to ask for some photos from the BURLESQUE QUEENs. Would that be too much to ask :rofl::rofl:

I found this website by accident while I was checking out sthg else. Have no idea if it's good or not but there is an immunolagy forum if anyone interested

https://www.carefertility.com/ivf/viewforum.php?f=11

I'm so annoyed with this bathroom since it seems like it's gonna suck away a lot of money :(((( We had fitted a chrome radiator which is crap. Already chipped away and doesn't have enough heat. I need to replace this and fit another one in. :(((

Ohhhh could you please come and slap them, the one here has her head so far up the others butt its not even funny, you know how they say someone is a brown nose, well she is a brown neck. And the worst part is now i am supposed to work with her and help her with her job, why is it i have to do my job and her job, and oh wait i am supposed to farm myself out to other departments too, my boss wants me to go around asking people randomly if they need help, what am i a homeless person!!

OMM-that is a nightmare situation. Why do these people do this-as if we haven't got enough to do in the time that we have! It's completely ridiculous. Well, I hope that you can raise your nose in the air and behave with the dignity that I am sure you are wont to do. There are other things far more important.

And good luck for go ahead, as Lava said!! Way to go, dude!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Ladies, I hope you don't mind me joining you here. I'm 36 and ttc No 1. AF just counted me out of October, so the race is on again from today. :)

Welcome Ali-good luck for your cycle this month! PMA is very important!
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Amanda...if you need advice on NK cells and getting them tested then you need to get hold of Dr Shehata. I have a few friends with unexplained recurrent m/cs or unfertility and he is a bit of a guru by all accounts on all things NK related.

www.miscarriageclinic.co.uk

Go and have a look.... yes, he is in London, but I have heard so many good things about him and success stories. I am lucky that my Consultant has agreed to throw 25mg steriods at me as a last resort, but many GPs are funny about prescribing them - this is the common treatment for NK cells.

Thank you so much for this Pad. How are you, by the way? How are the injections going? When do you go to Cyprus-is that how if works? It is so exciting, isn't it, and I am soooooo crossing everyfinger and thumb and toe for you!

The thing is, I can't see the point of throwing more money at IVF etc. if, even we have got that far, we discover that there is an immune issue. The main question in, why on earth are we not able to conceive each month after 4 years of trying??? So, I'd like to find out the source of the pronblem. I'll have a look at this website, and thanks for the link!

Hope you have a good day!
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey ladies -

Sorry I've been MIA a few days. Ended up in the ER with a few complications from the gall bladder surgery the last few days. Ugh. Home yesterday and today and trying to just relax and let my body catch up with me. Feeling pretty crappy. Still have to read back a few pages and catch up on all your news but wanted to say hi and love you all! :hugs:

Hey TT-sorry you've been back in hospital. It sounds like a nightmare. Hope you are feeling better today. Lots of rest and relaxation for you, my sweet.

Lots of love, Axxxxxx

I found this website by accident while I was checking out sthg else. Have no idea if it's good or not but there is an immunolagy forum if anyone interested

https://www.carefertility.com/ivf/viewforum.php?f=11

I'm so annoyed with this bathroom since it seems like it's gonna suck away a lot of money :(((( We had fitted a chrome radiator which is crap. Already chipped away and doesn't have enough heat. I need to replace this and fit another one in. :(((

Oh Skye, that sounds like a nightmare. If the radiator has chipped, then can you send it back and get a refund?? That is ridiculous. I think there is a heat rating system for room sizes, they measure it in kilowatts. You need to work out the width, length and height of the room and multiply it, and then see what kw system is recommended for this size. I know that underfloor heating is good for bathrooms-you can have an electric (dry) system or a wet system, which plugs into your existing heating system. Don't think it's that much of an ar$e to get it done either. And lovely warm tootsies every time you step on the floor. Looooooovely!

Thanks for the immunology info.

How are you hun??? Hope you are managing to remain relatively stress free. DIY is the worst for stress (well, after infertility, divorce, moving house, and school kids.....). Sending you big hugs!

Axxxx

Dwrgi - how are you feeling today? I hope that today is a better day for you! would it be worth talking to your GP to discuss some blood tests, if he is sympathetic he might help you with the immunology tests??

OMM - omg! sometimes people are just foul, running to the boss with petty complaints, it sounds like the school play ground. I am so sorry that's happening to you. just hold your head high and keep in mind that you are the better person!

Butterfly- I am happy to see that your OH's SA is not so bad as you feared, great news. any news on the big move back to the UK?

Ali - welcome to the thread :flower: may your stay here be short and sweet and you get your BFP soon x

Titi - sorry to hear that you have been poorly again, I hope you are recovering nicely now.

Twinkle - your ticker is scaring me - Christmas is getting so close!!!!

Wooly - Ohhh - you sound like you are all set for burlesque! let us know how the dvds are when they arrive!

Lava - how are those babies behaving? and stilleto go-go ?? lol - i'd break my ankle in the first five minutes hehehehe

skye - DIY and work about the house is sooo stressful! and jobs are never simple!! I hope it's something that can be sorted out without too much disruption! oh and I forgot to say - that picture of your DH made me laugh - bless him x

HA - I am on the edge of my seat hoping and hoping for you xxx

Pad - when do you actually travel? and do you have stay there for a certain amount of time before/after treatment? and are you all set and ready?

FM - how are things with you? have your docs and you decided when you might be looking at fixing the scar tissue?

carole - are you feeling good, sounds like baby is doing well, so happy for you x

to forever, bear, never, northstar and everyone else big :hugs: to you all xxx Hope you're all doing ok.

I would love love love to swing by and collect you all for my classy treat of wine and gooey chocolate cake!

afm - plodding along still, I am starting to remember that I need to not get up till Ive took my temp in the mornings, but it's hard because I haven't done it in ages. this monring I really needed to pee, but I managed to stay put for 1/2 hour till it was time, yay me and my bladder control.

p.s. it it me, or have BnB centred everything, all the posts look really neat and tidy rather than all being pushed over to the left.

p.s. it it me, or have BnB centred everything, all the posts look really neat and tidy rather than all being pushed over to the left.

Hi Purple-you're right, B&B have centred everything and I'm not sure if I like it!! I thought it was my PC!!

It is really hard to get back into temping, I know exactly how you feel. Once you get back into the swing of things, you'll be sorted. BUt, I seem to remember reading somewhere that you only need to temp for a few months so that you can gauge your cycle. But, of course, if you have irregular cycles, it's difficult to do this. I don't know if I'm going to go back to temp-it tells you AFTER you have ovulated, after all. However, I know that some do it religiously, so it's down to each individual.

Thanks for asking about me! I'm okay, in that I am not brilliant, but hey ho. I have made an appointment to see my GP tonight and I am going to say that I suspect that I have clinical depression, and also ask about blood tests. I am tearful all the time, and just can't go on like this! I need interventions now, cos I've tried to battle it on my own, and it ain't working!

Hope you have a good day-that gooey chocolate cake sounds fab!

Lots and lots of love,
Axxxxx
:hugs:

Amanda, I think TTC coupled with all the other stresses life puts on us is definetely enough to tip anyone into depression. it is an illness like any other, so it's god that your are going to see your GP, I hope he is kind and sympathetic. there should be a few different options he can offer, from meds, to natrual therapies and also counselling, and of course I am always, always here to listen and will hug whenever you need xxxx

Amanda good call seeing your GP :hugs:

I was diagnosed with clinical depression in 1994 when I had a breakdown and have battled with it on and off. I've been on and off a number of anti-depressants in my life but was not offered counselling until 3 years ago and I wish I had done it earlier. And there are a number of anti-depressants on the market which are OK to take whilst TTC and pregnant.

But I'm always here if want to chat :hugs:

Welcome Ali - hope your stay is short and sweet!! :flower:

Sorry my Christmas ticker is scaring people - I love Christmas!!! https://www.smileys4me.com/getsmiley.php?show=2155

Titi - sorry you've been suffering again - hope you're feeling much better soon. :hugs:

Omm - I'm rolling up my sleeves and putting my slapping face on!!! :grr:

Lava - how are our resident twins getting on? :oneofeach: I'm with the others - I can't stand in stilletos never mind dance!! :dance:

Dwrgi - I'm glad you're going to see your GP - I was diagnosed with clinical depression several years ago and no one should try and battle through it without help. We wouldn't try and jolly ourselves through diabetes or or asthma - we'd go to the doctors!! :hugs:

I too thought the centred thing was just me!! :dohh:

I'm on CD25 today - I've got a big spot coming on my chin - it's like a witch early warning system!! :witch:

Thanks for all the warm welcomes ladies....I'm in agony today and just want to go home to my bed, had a quick flick on here on my lunch and been cheered up no end....Keeping that PMA this month ..Big Smiles all round :)

Welcome Ali!!! Hope you get your sticky bean soon. This is such a great place for friendship & support.

Amanda,
As you know, I feel very strongly about not suffering through depression alone & there are good meds (I was on Wellbutrin) out there that are TTC/pregnancy compatible. I am sorry you are going through this, but as Wooly, Twinkle & others have mentioned, there are many of us here that understand.

Twinks ... you always put a smile on my face. ;) I love the little emoticon you use for the b/g babes. All is well with the twins so far. I think I feel them moving around in there, but I'm not sure it's not just me have gas pains. LOL. I used to be a bit of a prude about that - only in the privacy of my own bathroom or when DH had left the room. The cats were never excluded from the experience & they would just look at me when I let one rip with that weathered expression of "you ain't foolin' us miss priss". Now, not so much. First time in front of my DH, I was mortified & he laughed himself silly. Better than a Money Python skit for him. Now it's a regular family affair though I try to save it for my own home. ;) Sorry, I digress. No real news to report. We are just moving along. I am really looking forward to the holidays. Christmas is my favorite too. Just lots to do. ;)

I've been lurking here for months, i started trying to read all the posts, i got to about page 100...Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself

I'm 37, have had 2 miscarriages, 1 at 6 weeks and one last year at 10 weeks (had d&c) We were actively trying for the past few months (not sure when i OV but we just did lots of BD'ing around the time and I now find myself 6 weeks pregnant, which is great, but we feel we cant smile about it yet..we are so scared it is going to happen again.

I am having an early scan tomorrow, midwife said i could if i had any symptoms, so i do have to tell a white lie but we should know tommorow whether its viable at this early stage or not.

Keep your fingers crossed for us, third time lucky hopefully

Hi girls! :flower: Thank you so much for asking about me. This really is the greatest bunch of women on the web. :hugs: I've tried to unplug a little (tried being the key word!) since Friday to help me manage my tww anxiety. For those of you keeping score, official testing day is next Friday 10/14, but if the past is any indication, I'll know on Wednesday 10/12. I'm having a reallllly hard time not symptom spotting, mostly because I kinda feel like hell - really crampy (so bad I couldn't sleep last night) and bloated and crazy painful boobs - every single one of which can easily be explained by the trigger (which is still in my system), or my crazy high estrogen, or the progesterone supplementation, so I'm kind of going batty over here. :wacko: Still haven't heard back on DH's morphology results from this time, but I expect to today or tomorrow.

I can't remember if I mentioned it last week, but I had some pretty severe anxiety issues that started last Wed morning when I found out I had 4 eggs and really high E2. It got worse throughout the day until I was nearly in a full-blown panic by trigger time. Terrified. Tempted to not trigger (but then realized the eggs would pop out on their own anyway). Tempted to cancel the IUI (until I remembered how much we had already spent on this cycle and I really don't like to waste money). Went through with the IUI wanting it to not work this time (which is just plain nuts) or hoping DH would have a really crappy sample that would negate the outstanding performance of my ovaries this time around. Very seriously questioning whether I wanted kids at all, or if I was even capable of raising a child, and why are we doing this. And truly believing that not wanting kids was the reason for my anxiety. Clearly I was having issues. I was on edge and snappy at DH for days. Then I had a counseling session yesterday morning. (My last session had been before we knew there were 4 eggs.) This saga was the first thing I brought up - I don't think we were even seated yet before my verbal diarrhea started up. My counselor listened patiently, then cocked her head and smiled and said, "So, you saw you had 4 eggs and high E2 and a great SA and you realized this cycle had great potential for success and some hope sprang up and you had to quickly talk yourself out of being hopeful and squash it down as hard as you could because having hope is scary." Ding! Cue the lightbulb over my head! :sad2: So since then I've tried to stop myself from fighting the hope, because whether I fight it or not (whether I like it or not!), my brain knows that this cycle has great potential and I'm going to be really disappointed if it doesn't work (and still be terrified of mc if it does). There's just a very fine line between being hopeful and going overboard on the symptom spotting, so my head is still working out that delicate balance.

Long story short - feeling completely nuts over here for the last several days. :wacko:

Welcome to Ali and Sunny! :hi: I'm glad you found us.

Dwrgi, :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:. I'm glad you're asking for help. That was the hardest part for me, admitting that trying to work through it on my own wasn't working. Second hardest part was actually taking that first pill once I filled the Rx. I was really nervous that an anti-depressant would change me, sort of the "who" I am intrinsically. I didn't like the idea of taking a pill to make me feel better - I've been through two bouts of major depression before in my life (once in HS and once in college) and worked through it with the help of counseling and I wanted it to work the same way this time (though after several months of counseling I knew it wasn't improving because no matter what I did, I could not escape or resolve the underlying issue - infertility - causing my depression). Mostly I just felt like a huge failure. I had already failed at pregnancy twice, and now I was failing at the most basic thing there is, being myself.

My dr consulted with my RE before prescribing anything to make extra certain he agreed it was safe (which it is). I'm taking Bupropion XL (brand name over here is Wellbutrin) 450mg/day for depression, and Buspirone (brand name over here is Buspar) 15 mg 3x/day for anxiety. The process of finding the right dosage was frustrating for me because once I decided to take a pill, I wanted it to work immediately, and it didn't. It usually doesn't in most people. But after a few weeks I started to notice things... I didn't feel any different intrinsically at all, which had been one of my biggest fears. But I realized that there had been certain situations recently that I took in stride, and that surprised me because I know that pre-drugs those same things would have sent me overboard with stress/anxiety/I can't handle this, etc. So I know the drugs are working. They don't stop me from being sad when sad things happen, and they don't dull the enthusiasm or fun of fun things. They just kind of help even out my mood, so the lows aren't quite so low and they pass sooner. And they've improved my emotional stamina for working through treatments - pre-drugs I really felt like a 3rd mc would be the end of me, that I wouldn't be able to continue trying if that happened. But here I am, doing an IUI just a month later. I guess because I don't have to work so hard every single day to just get through the day, I have more reserves left for dealing with the big stuff. (And I didn't even realize how hard I was working to get through every single day until I didn't have to - I just thought how I felt was normal. It was MY normal, but I didn't know it didn't have to be.)

I'm sorry I've rambled. (It's that damned verbal diarrhea!) I tend to take advocacy very strongly, with regards to miscarriage AND depression. I don't want someone else to have to struggle through like I have and think they're the only one who's ever felt that way, that they're all alone. So I talk about both a lot, even irl. I may know someone irl who's struggling with similar issues in private, and if I am willing to talk about it, even if she doesn't respond, she'll hear me and know inside that she's not alone.

Now I've gone on so long I can't remember what I wanted to say to the rest of you! :dohh: So I'll just say I love you all and I hope you are having a great day. :flower: We're having spectacular weather here in the midwest - sunny and warm in the day, cool and clear at night - perfect. And the leaves are just about to hit their peak color around here! DH wants to head to a state park this weekend and do some hiking to just soak it all in. :flower:

xoxo

HA- just popped in and saw your post and must say that your counselor is so genius! and I'm so glad that she made the lightbulb pop on for you because before I even got to the part where she began talking, I knew what you were doing. Of course you want to be a mom, you haven't gone thru all this just for laughs!!!!! You can do this, whether it's one baby or two. I've been where you are and I've said before that during the 2ww you should always be hopeful because whether you are hopeful or try to convince yourself that you are not pg the disappointment is still the same. The 2ww is already stressful enough so don't spend it trying to convince yourself not to be hopeful. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you lady and anything else that I can cross!!!!!

Hey to all of the newbies and all of you other lovlies; Lava, purple, sky Omm, Twinkle, pad! You ladies Rock!

Hi Ladies :flower: been away for a few days and haven't had time to catch up on all the posts hope everyone is well

Purplelou, I use this website to adjust my times when I have to get up earlier or later
saves the "holding the pee situation" from occuring, I just temp, tap it into my mobile app and then adjust it later when I can access the computer, it makes temping less of a PITA for me this way
https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

Hi girls! :flower: Thank you so much for asking about me. This really is the greatest bunch of women on the web. :hugs: I've tried to unplug a little (tried being the key word!) since Friday to help me manage my tww anxiety. For those of you keeping score, official testing day is next Friday 10/14, but if the past is any indication, I'll know on Wednesday 10/12. I'm having a reallllly hard time not symptom spotting, mostly because I kinda feel like hell - really crampy (so bad I couldn't sleep last night) and bloated and crazy painful boobs - every single one of which can easily be explained by the trigger (which is still in my system), or my crazy high estrogen, or the progesterone supplementation, so I'm kind of going batty over here. :wacko: Still haven't heard back on DH's morphology results from this time, but I expect to today or tomorrow.

I can't remember if I mentioned it last week, but I had some pretty severe anxiety issues that started last Wed morning when I found out I had 4 eggs and really high E2. It got worse throughout the day until I was nearly in a full-blown panic by trigger time. Terrified. Tempted to not trigger (but then realized the eggs would pop out on their own anyway). Tempted to cancel the IUI (until I remembered how much we had already spent on this cycle and I really don't like to waste money). Went through with the IUI wanting it to not work this time (which is just plain nuts) or hoping DH would have a really crappy sample that would negate the outstanding performance of my ovaries this time around. Very seriously questioning whether I wanted kids at all, or if I was even capable of raising a child, and why are we doing this. And truly believing that not wanting kids was the reason for my anxiety. Clearly I was having issues. I was on edge and snappy at DH for days. Then I had a counseling session yesterday morning. (My last session had been before we knew there were 4 eggs.) This saga was the first thing I brought up - I don't think we were even seated yet before my verbal diarrhea started up. My counselor listened patiently, then cocked her head and smiled and said, "So, you saw you had 4 eggs and high E2 and a great SA and you realized this cycle had great potential for success and some hope sprang up and you had to quickly talk yourself out of being hopeful and squash it down as hard as you could because having hope is scary." Ding! Cue the lightbulb over my head! :sad2: So since then I've tried to stop myself from fighting the hope, because whether I fight it or not (whether I like it or not!), my brain knows that this cycle has great potential and I'm going to be really disappointed if it doesn't work (and still be terrified of mc if it does). There's just a very fine line between being hopeful and going overboard on the symptom spotting, so my head is still working out that delicate balance.

Long story short - feeling completely nuts over here for the last several days. :wacko:

Welcome to Ali and Sunny! :hi: I'm glad you found us.

Dwrgi, :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:. I'm glad you're asking for help. That was the hardest part for me, admitting that trying to work through it on my own wasn't working. Second hardest part was actually taking that first pill once I filled the Rx. I was really nervous that an anti-depressant would change me, sort of the "who" I am intrinsically. I didn't like the idea of taking a pill to make me feel better - I've been through two bouts of major depression before in my life (once in HS and once in college) and worked through it with the help of counseling and I wanted it to work the same way this time (though after several months of counseling I knew it wasn't improving because no matter what I did, I could not escape or resolve the underlying issue - infertility - causing my depression). Mostly I just felt like a huge failure. I had already failed at pregnancy twice, and now I was failing at the most basic thing there is, being myself.

My dr consulted with my RE before prescribing anything to make extra certain he agreed it was safe (which it is). I'm taking Bupropion XL (brand name over here is Wellbutrin) 450mg/day for depression, and Buspirone (brand name over here is Buspar) 15 mg 3x/day for anxiety. The process of finding the right dosage was frustrating for me because once I decided to take a pill, I wanted it to work immediately, and it didn't. It usually doesn't in most people. But after a few weeks I started to notice things... I didn't feel any different intrinsically at all, which had been one of my biggest fears. But I realized that there had been certain situations recently that I took in stride, and that surprised me because I know that pre-drugs those same things would have sent me overboard with stress/anxiety/I can't handle this, etc. So I know the drugs are working. They don't stop me from being sad when sad things happen, and they don't dull the enthusiasm or fun of fun things. They just kind of help even out my mood, so the lows aren't quite so low and they pass sooner. And they've improved my emotional stamina for working through treatments - pre-drugs I really felt like a 3rd mc would be the end of me, that I wouldn't be able to continue trying if that happened. But here I am, doing an IUI just a month later. I guess because I don't have to work so hard every single day to just get through the day, I have more reserves left for dealing with the big stuff. (And I didn't even realize how hard I was working to get through every single day until I didn't have to - I just thought how I felt was normal. It was MY normal, but I didn't know it didn't have to be.)

I'm sorry I've rambled. (It's that damned verbal diarrhea!) I tend to take advocacy very strongly, with regards to miscarriage AND depression. I don't want someone else to have to struggle through like I have and think they're the only one who's ever felt that way, that they're all alone. So I talk about both a lot, even irl. I may know someone irl who's struggling with similar issues in private, and if I am willing to talk about it, even if she doesn't respond, she'll hear me and know inside that she's not alone.

Now I've gone on so long I can't remember what I wanted to say to the rest of you! :dohh: So I'll just say I love you all and I hope you are having a great day. :flower: We're having spectacular weather here in the midwest - sunny and warm in the day, cool and clear at night - perfect. And the leaves are just about to hit their peak color around here! DH wants to head to a state park this weekend and do some hiking to just soak it all in. :flower:

xoxo

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain yourself like this; it really helps to know that somebody else is in the same situation and has advice to give. Like FM said, I knew what you were doing re. panicking about the IUI. A BFP is a scary prospect if it has lead to sadness and disappointment in the past, but somehow or other, you have to find the strength to get through the fear, and I guess it is just a matter of one day at a time.

We hope so hard for a BFP, be it naturally or through assisted conception. We TRY so hard to do everything to make it work. We are in control of all of those things, it's the bit that we are not in control of that is the killer. How many follicles, quality of sperm samples, will fertilization occur, will implanatation occur, will it make it to one month, two months, into its second trimester. It is one long journey of stress, but we can only do it one day at a time. This time, all is looking good, but now of course, it's down to good old Mother Nature and she can be a pesky thing who doesn't always play ball. This is the hard part, you can do nothing other than wait, and keep yourself busy, and ride the Whatever Wagon, or put sore boobs down to the trigger shot, etc.

I am soooooo keeping everything crossed for you, and so hope that you get your long awaited BFP. And, with everything looking so good so far, I bet it won't be long before you'll be holding your own bb! I so hope so. :hugs:

I've said I would seek out anti-depressants before, but have battled on. I know that I have to think positively, but it's hard to change conditioned behaviour. I need to feel a bit more hopeful myself, and actually BELIEVE it before I can adopt a more permanent positive outlook. At the moment, I don't believe it will ever happen, and no matter how hard I tell myself that it WILL happen, it's very half-hearted.

Anyway, something's got to give, and despite being the most unsympathetic female doctor known to mankind, she did give me a prescription for a low dose anti-depressant. She didn't need to be told my symptoms as I really lost it with her, so fed up with the NHS and its pillar to post attitude. I think she thought I was loopy but I really don't care, because until she walks in my shoes, she doesn't know what this feels like. She's given me citalopram, but I don't know anything about it, although she did say they give it to pregnant ladies. I shall research it before I take one tablet!

It means a lot to know that you guys are all hear, but I am aware that I have become rather obsessional of late. I do need to sort that out, and know that here I am safe to write my thoughts down, and hope that somebody can have some input that will help. My greatest fear is the very loud ticking clock, and how much time I have realistically got left to try. I can't stand it, so I hope that these pills will help me cope with this a little bit better.

Thank you everybody and thanks HA, especially for taking the time to write and to help!

Lots and lots of love to you all,
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->