TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

mmm chocolate, i remember spira's i used to drink hot chocolate through mine till i t melted from the inside out mmmmm yummy.

Feeling much better today thanks purplelou (is that right, sorry not familiar with all your names yet) , i called the clinic as they hadnt called me yesterday and i spoke with a lovely lady, who asked if i was having any miscarriage symptoms, i had to admit to her that i lied just to get the scan and she said 'there is nothing to be worried about then, it could just be too early'
Total shock and completely different to what the scan lady said to me..

So my hormone levels were 1600ish yesterday, we'll just have to see what they are tommorrow. Fingers crossed, but i feel prepared either way now
I wish the doctors had done my hormone levels when i orginally asked as i would know whats going on by now and yesterday i was angry with them for not phoning me back but after speaking to the nice lady this morning, and knowing all is not lost yet, feeling much better.

Had a lovely massage off my best friend followed by lunch at a bar on the beach, whatever will be will be :happydance:

Lots of love to all you wonderful strong ladies, thankyou

Hey all :)) Missed u girls xxx

Amanda , sweetie I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling overwhelmed. The predictable and sinister side effect of TTC. But it's a good idea that you decided to look into antidepressants. If that would help you to release some of the tension it would be great and you could take decisions on a cooler mind. :hugs::hugs::hugs: U are at a crossroads and you need all the clear vision to decide how to go fwd. You are going to get over all this and have your baby and when you look back all this upset will not even be of any importance anymore. But now you ned to resolve it. Hope this will be all behind soon. Many hugs and kisses :hugs::hugs::flower::flower::flower:

HA that woman sounds like a total ignorant idiot. I'm amazed that you have managed to keep your composure. Don't let it get to you hon cause she isn't even aware of what she has done so it's not worth your attention. Good luck and all fingers and toes crossed for 1 sticky bean. BTW your counsellor seems to be really on the ball. What a good choice :) xxx

Missy welcome baaaaaackkk!!! I've been asking after youuu. So glad to hear that you are well. Lot's of good luck for the IVF.:hugs::hugs: Wishing you a speedy BFP. xxx

Debs are you in Cyprus already? Hope you would read my msg. 25 mg stereoids sounded a bit too much to my ear. I'm not an expert but my mum is on steroids and I know that is actually a high daily dose. It can have nasty side effects. Don't know maybe possibly throw your hormones around. Please can you not discuss the dosage. In Turkey I was given 10 mig a day for 4 days but with ARGC they kept me on them for almost 2 months on 10 mg. After BFP. All 3 women I know had the same dosage.

Lois, woow have you made curtains. Well done. I know what a hard work they are to make but once you made them it makes you happy :))) Are they all lined as well? I'm not lifting anything at all I promise ;)))

Northstar, you know my husband swears by exercise as well. He used to be on Sraxocat years ago which gave him imsomnia. And he still has the tendency to get depressed and not sleep easily. But he religiously runs 45 mins a day. I'm such a lazy person in other hand. Although I feel good after exercise I can't find the energy or the drive to do it especially when I'm depressed. U in Paris? Woww how great. I love the food in there too. Not so much the people in the city who can be very rude "taxi drivers, restaurant staff etc"

Twinks veggies and fruits tastes great everywhere but UK unfortunatley :) Hahahahah!!! Well I shouldn't be that critical cause patatoes, carrots, cellery and apples are ok here :)

Chris what a b..er at work that now you are thrown next to this woman. My advice is chickpeas cook without boiling the gas awaya and than Ta daaaaa. U can let the gas in her honor and let her enjoy it. Hahahahhahaha!!!!
But honestly try not to get too worked up and be as discreet as you can about yourself. Let's hopw it will work well. HUGS>

FM couple of month on the IVF wait is really nothing hon, don't feel bad. Phisically that is, mentally is another matter but keep cool xxx Get well as soon as you can and before you know it you will be in the rollercoaster xxxxx

Macwooly did you know that people who actually work in the factory doesn't enjoy it as much. :) They do feel sick after 1 days overdosing. So stay away and have the cadbury dream forever :)))

No one mentioned the mint thins? Anyone on mint thins? And Lindt? Lindt had a new choclat in the market with coconut inside. AWWWWW that is sthg else. It was going on promo in supermarkets and flew off the shelves. Managed to sample one since all were gone. I'm gonne be checking the shelves again this weekend but I bet they are back to normal price now.

Hey Butterfly xx. Woow, who was that idiot who entioned hysterectomy. She clearly needs a lobotomy herself.

AFM DH's back from his trip finally :) Yeeeaaah!!! xxxx ALL.

Woooow my post sounds like a patronising insrtructions list :wacko: Sorry :shrug: girls I had not much time to go through all the pages I missed so this is a bit of a weird post. Wish I cought it when you were discussing the chclates in the beginning. Sweet start? But anyway. xxxxx

Heeeeeyyyyyy all us lovely whoopass wicked wagooneers!! First whooping to HA's horrible neighbour.. then OMM nasty colleague... and Missys SIL...and Butterflys bitchy woman....then everyone elses pet peeve people... there are many of them!!

HA when is test day??

Nope not in Cyprus yet guys... go on the 20th Oct.... checked the weather and it is 29 degress and sunny for the next 2 weeks... luverly!! Skye my UK cons recommended 25mg of steriods and my Cyprus Cons agreed... I know a few ppl under Dr Sheehata who are on 25mg.... I know they can have horrible side effects... though having read the side effects for all the drugs I am on they all have nasty side effects. Apparently I can expect weight gain, hot flushes, puffy red face... and hairiness....urghhhh nasty!

I am firmly on the Creme egg cheer team!! It is the best!!! Does anyone remember Spangles and Curly Wurlys....hmmmmmmm yummy.... am also partial to After Eights and Turkish Delights... I have an excletic chocolate taste! lol

Dwrgi brazil nuts are an excellent source of seratonin....

Purps... wheres the photo of the curtains???

Get well soon Titi and I hope you recover well from the surgery FM x

Heeeeeyyyyyy all us lovely whoopass wicked wagooneers!! First whooping to HA's horrible neighbour.. then OMM nasty colleague... and Missys SIL...and Butterflys bitchy woman....then everyone elses pet peeve people... there are many of them!!

HA when is test day??

Nope not in Cyprus yet guys... go on the 20th Oct.... checked the weather and it is 29 degress and sunny for the next 2 weeks... luverly!! Skye my UK cons recommended 25mg of steriods and my Cyprus Cons agreed... I know a few ppl under Dr Sheehata who are on 25mg.... I know they can have horrible side effects... though having read the side effects for all the drugs I am on they all have nasty side effects. Apparently I can expect weight gain, hot flushes, puffy red face... and hairiness....urghhhh nasty!

I am firmly on the Creme egg cheer team!! It is the best!!! Does anyone remember Spangles and Curly Wurlys....hmmmmmmm yummy.... am also partial to After Eights and Turkish Delights... I have an excletic chocolate taste! lol

Dwrgi brazil nuts are an excellent source of seratonin....

Purps... wheres the photo of the curtains???

Get well soon Titi and I hope you recover well from the surgery FM x

LOL, omg i love it "Whoopass Wicked Wagoneers" its perfect!!!!! That made me crack up!!

I am not a big Creme egg fan, but i LOVE Reeses Pumpkins, they are the Reeses cups shaped into a pumpkin, omg heavenly peanutbutter!!!! Skye i adore the Lindt chocolates, omg so smooth and creamy!! I am staying away from all chocolate though trying to lose weight and to keep my blood sugars down lol, dang now i have a total craving for the Reeses pumpkins lol.

Ladies, i had my consult with the doctor this morning, i start my IVF cycle when AF shows!!!!!! Now all i have to do is figure out how to pay for all the meds lol. I dont remember everything right now, but i know they will have me on 375ml follistim, and 75ml menopur (Sorry not sure of the spelling on that one) and a whole bunch of other meds. They were so nice, they gave me a box of 15 of the Progesterone and she said if she gets any more she will give that to me too. I have a friend that just did her IVF on wed, and she is going to give me her left over meds too, hey every little bit helps right. So we are one our way, although i do still have the stupid hope that we did it ourselves this cycle lol. I hope all you lovely ladies are having a wonderful friday, now if it could just get over with lol, well for you UK ladies it is already over with, can i just skip into your time zone lol.

HA when is test day??

"Official" test day is a week from today, but I've never made it that long (14dpiui) without spotting, so I should know next Thursday, maybe Wednesday.

Ladies, i had my consult with the doctor this morning, i start my IVF cycle when AF shows!!!!!! Now all i have to do is figure out how to pay for all the meds lol. I dont remember everything right now, but i know they will have me on 375ml follistim, and 75ml menopur (Sorry not sure of the spelling on that one) and a whole bunch of other meds. They were so nice, they gave me a box of 15 of the Progesterone and she said if she gets any more she will give that to me too. I have a friend that just did her IVF on wed, and she is going to give me her left over meds too, hey every little bit helps right. So we are one our way, although i do still have the stupid hope that we did it ourselves this cycle lol. I hope all you lovely ladies are having a wonderful friday, now if it could just get over with lol, well for you UK ladies it is already over with, can i just skip into your time zone lol.

EEEEEEEK!! I'm so excited for you!! :happydance: I know it's a little scary, but I'm going to be excited for you. :thumbup: That dosage of follistim/menopur - is that once/day or twice/day? (Just curious.) And that's awesome that they were able to give you some. If I had any extra follistim, I'd drive it up to you and have lunch as well! :flower: (But at the moment, I don't have any extra. If this cycle is negative and I have to order more, any extra is all yours. :thumbup:)

And as for the chocolate, I thought we were only discussing Cadburys - I have LOTS of other favorites, too! :haha: I won't allow myself to buy trick-or-treat candy until Halloween week, because if I bought it early, it would be all gone long before Halloween! As far as everyday candy goes, I have a real weakness for M&M's (plain, pb or mint, but not a big fan of peanut) and Butterfinger. I have to have M&M's when I go to the movies, and Butterfinger is what I have to get when we stop for gas on a road trip - he pumps the gas and I go buy us Butterfingers! :haha: And Lindt is to DIE for! I visited the Lindt factory store when we were in Switzerland last spring - it was a dangerous place to set me loose! :haha: mmm, chocolate... now I really want a sweet.... :icecream:

Whoopass Wicked Wagooneers it is then!!! Stand by any that pee us off cos you are in for a massive ass whooping!! Be warned world!

Yay for starting IVF Butterfly... if you are coming back to the UK can I recommend Asda for your IVF meds and they are doing them profit free... I think for my meds (which are slightly different to yours) I paid a total of 35 quid!!! They were very good and ordered a whole load of stuff for me and it arrived the same day!

Now.. for some wine and a film...

Oooooo only 1 week away to test day HA!!! How exciting.... remember PMA PMA PMA... the whoopass wicked wagooneers are behind you so you cannot fail!! x

I overindulge on the Cadburry Creme Eggs at Easter. Didn't know that they had Scream Eggs for Halloween. I want a giant one for my 40th birthday, which is the day before. Also, I love a good Cadburry Fruit & Nut bar stuck in the freezer so it gets just a little soft before sticking on my tongue.

Woo Hoo ... OMM, Padbrat, FM, Butterfly for IVF and HA for testing day!

I've got my fingers crossed for you Sunny. I went in too early for my scan and they saw a sac but no baby & no heartbeat. I was told to prepare for the worst, come back a week later for another scan & possible D&C. It was a difficult situation made more painful by the way it was handled by my nurse and the initial doctor. But, everything was on track the following week. You went in really early and your numbers look good. Hope is not lost so hold on.

I love after eights and on the same note I love humbugs and mint candies. Also boiled caramel candies too. Cadburry's eggs are ok but just the one. I can't have too many cause they are too sweet. What I don't get is the sherbet??? Really it's like sweet vinegar. What's the point? Also the lovehearts my DH adores??? What's scream eggs?Any good? Must go and check that out.

Debs, relieving that you checked with 2 drs. That dose will most definitely make you sweat especially at nights. It might also make you hyper/super tired. Just be ware hon. Weight gain or hair all goes away once you come off them so no worries. I'm sooo excited for you. xxxx

Chris hooot hooot!!!! Good luck xxx. Pls check your inbox I left a msg xxxxx

Whoopass Wicked Wagooneers it is then!!! Stand by any that pee us off cos you are in for a massive ass whooping!! Be warned world!

Yay for starting IVF Butterfly... if you are coming back to the UK can I recommend Asda for your IVF meds and they are doing them profit free... I think for my meds (which are slightly different to yours) I paid a total of 35 quid!!! They were very good and ordered a whole load of stuff for me and it arrived the same day!

Thanks hon but not me starting IVF - in fact I think that won't happen at all now, in fact I'm not sure how long ttc will go on as the BF wants to talk about it and I'm not sure what that means right now but considering the worst of course!

Thanks hon but not me starting IVF - in fact I think that won't happen at all now, in fact I'm not sure how long ttc will go on as the BF wants to talk about it and I'm not sure what that means right now but considering the worst of course!

Hope it's not the worst but we're here for you whatever :hugs:

Butterfly hope that's not what you are thinking. HUGS HUGS :hugs:

Chris I thought of sthg for you. Check out the BNP sell and swap forums. Sometimes women have left over meds they don't need and they try to sell it half price or give them away. I saw a thread the other day like that. That must be gone by now but you never know sthg might be again. xxxx

Hey Skye chick... you aint kidding them steriods have affected my appetite... my weight.... my sleep... everything... but hopefully it will be all worth it...

Butterfly all is not lost even of BF doesn't want to continue... you could use sperm donation.... there is always a way through hun x

Twinks.. xxx

Mucho luvs all

I've got my fingers crossed for you Sunny. I went in too early for my scan and they saw a sac but no baby & no heartbeat. I was told to prepare for the worst, come back a week later for another scan & possible D&C. It was a difficult situation made more painful by the way it was handled by my nurse and the initial doctor. But, everything was on track the following week. You went in really early and your numbers look good. Hope is not lost so hold on.

Thankyou, good to know, i have had my blood test and now await the results...

Update:
hormone levels dropped to 1566
Little bit sad but concentrating on the positives, i can now look at doing yoga tacher training and go and 'enjoy' the birthday i'm going to tonight.

thanks again ladies for all your support

Butterfly,
When do you have that chat with your ex? He has been so wonderful through everything, don't imagine the worst. No matter what, you would need to have a sit-down & discuss logistics, what to do with frozen embryos, the emotional aspect. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the conversation will go well & get you that much closer, but if not, as Pad said, there is always a way with sperm donation if it comes to that.

Yeah Butterfly wear your bravest and sweetest face and negotiate as much as possible. He seems a nice reasonable guy and all man have a bit of a chicken out at some point. Even DH's so perhaps he needs a bit of coxing and convincing.

Sunny what is that number? Are you pregnant or are you on IVF? Sorry I completely missed out on your posts hon. Good luck with it xxx

Well thanks so much ladies for your support as ever. I caught him online earlier today and yes, it is kind of the worst. I think it is time for him to get on with his life - he has met a couple of people who he thinks are dating material and it is not really possible for him to do that in the current situation. I kind of knew this scenario was likely when we started so it is not too much of a shock. Like you say he has been great so far. He says we can give it one more shot at the end of October if this month is not successful (and I'm really not feeling it tbh) but after that it is unlikely there will be more chances.

At the moment I am of the opinion that I do not want to go this alone so i will not look for a SD. I am, to be quite honest, sick of doing everything on my own, and this would just be too much.

I'll give it a few days for my thoughts to process (and I will likely be testing on Monday) and see what I think about things then.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

p.s. sorry for the me post - hope everyone is OK :hugs::hugs:

Sunny what is that number? Are you pregnant or are you on IVF? Sorry I completely missed out on your posts hon. Good luck with it xxx

Hormone levels, not rising unfortunatley, so waiting to miscarry for the third time :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->