TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

welcome back Missy! and good luck with the IVF xx

HA - oh yes - we have all been there, and people are just not thinking when they start that kind of conversation. but to plow on and on with it, I think I would have a) burst into tears or b) screamed at her and walked out. so actually you are to be commended for your dignity under extreme pressure!

Dwrgi - I just did some research into citalopram, and it seems they are in a class of antidepressants that are safest in pregnancy with a slight increased risk of heart defect being shown. I wonder, if you are not keen, would it be worth speaking to your GP about St. Johns wort, it is a natrual product, and I have no idea about taking in pregnancy, so check first, but may be an alternative???

FM - sounds like you have a sensible plan sorted out, and it's almost the end of the year now, so not too long to wait.

wooly and twinkle - how is the Burlesque going?? I love the way the word just rolls off the tongue, it even sounds sexy!!!!

sunny - how are you feeling today xxx

Northstar - thank you for that temp adjusting website - very useful! I have saved it as a favourite x

never, bearlake, forever, and all the other lurkers, how are you ladies doing ? :hugs:

titi - are you still recovering, hope you are feeling better x

lava - have you started shopping for the babies yet, there are some seriously cute baby clothes around!! how exciting that you get to buy both!

skye - how is your nursery coming along, I remember you saying you had to clear a room, I hope you are not lifting heavy stuff x

OMM - super big :hugs: to you, you are always so supportive and kind to everyone, I just wanted you to know that I appreciate you!

butterfly - I agree, it's insensitive to ask. I only married later in life and I did asked before, "are you married?" me - no, them -"why not? are you gay?" it used to irk me so much, I wanted to say, I just haven't met a man I want to spend my life wife and if I was gay, how is that your business!?! bah!!!

HA what you wrote really reminded me of quite a few situations I came across, for some reason there are SOME (definitely not all) women with kids who think that they are automatically better people than women without kids :growlmad:

In my previous incarnation as a military wife this came up time and again at the arranged social events even when I was pretty young and had no thought of having kids yet I'd get asked and if I said no it was like dropping a bombshell and they had NO idea what to say to me OR they would say something stupid and insulting like "oh it all changes when you have kids, you won't be able to go back to the Uk and visit your family THEN" or something equal stupid.

That woman sounds like an ignorant cow anyway and not someone you'd want to get to know better or spend any time with. But some of my friends with kids are great, it's just that because of their family commitments they don't have much spare time to do fun stuff anymore.

welcome back Missy! and good luck with the IVF xx

HA - oh yes - we have all been there, and people are just not thinking when they start that kind of conversation. but to plow on and on with it, I think I would have a) burst into tears or b) screamed at her and walked out. so actually you are to be commended for your dignity under extreme pressure!

Dwrgi - I just did some research into citalopram, and it seems they are in a class of antidepressants that are safest in pregnancy with a slight increased risk of heart defect being shown. I wonder, if you are not keen, would it be worth speaking to your GP about St. Johns wort, it is a natrual product, and I have no idea about taking in pregnancy, so check first, but may be an alternative???

FM - sounds like you have a sensible plan sorted out, and it's almost the end of the year now, so not too long to wait.

wooly and twinkle - how is the Burlesque going?? I love the way the word just rolls off the tongue, it even sounds sexy!!!!

sunny - how are you feeling today xxx

Northstar - thank you for that temp adjusting website - very useful! I have saved it as a favourite x

never, bearlake, forever, and all the other lurkers, how are you ladies doing ? :hugs:

titi - are you still recovering, hope you are feeling better x

lava - have you started shopping for the babies yet, there are some seriously cute baby clothes around!! how exciting that you get to buy both!

skye - how is your nursery coming along, I remember you saying you had to clear a room, I hope you are not lifting heavy stuff x

OMM - super big :hugs: to you, you are always so supportive and kind to everyone, I just wanted you to know that I appreciate you!

butterfly - I agree, it's insensitive to ask. I only married later in life and I did asked before, "are you married?" me - no, them -"why not? are you gay?" it used to irk me so much, I wanted to say, I just haven't met a man I want to spend my life wife and if I was gay, how is that your business!?! bah!!!

I have thought of this but it has some serious side effects too, from what I remember!! It sounds like I'm stalling, but I don't want to mess my system up even more!

And what a lovely email to everybody, as usual, Purple! You are a blessing!!

Hope you have a lovely day and a lovely weekend! How are your curtains coming along??!

Lots of love
Axxxxxxxxx:flower:

curtains are finished !! I am very pleased, it's the first thing Ive ever made :) and they look good.

Ladies, we need to get together some sort of ass-whooping posse!! :grr: We'll see off crappy bosses, perky colleagues and insensitive neighbours!!

Like some of the rest of you I try and talk about it as much as possible both so that people with kids understand it's not ok to barge in and ask stupid questions and, so that other people who are struggling feel they can talk about it if they want. However I don't always want to talk about my sex life in front of strangers!

I think you are completely right to be cautious about medications, you need to be 100% happy that they are right for you or that's another thing to be worrying about. also, chocolate is THE answer, and it doesn't matter what the question is! There has been research that proves that chocolate does help the release of happy endorphin. Yay for that researchxx

Twinkle - I am with you!! I can be scary if I need to be, I'll whoop-ass with you, where shall we start, - I think HA's rude neigh bours, then OMM's airhead work colleagues!!

Chocolate is awesome, white Toblerone is particularly effective, I also find exercise perks me up no end, I do a class called "Body Combat" which is based on kick boxing, it is a brutal workout and is good for getting rid of the pent up aggresssion and frustration caused by stupid people saying stupid and insensitive things - totally recommend it ladies.

Dwrgi - just did a bit of googling about how to raise seratonin levels - some studies suggest bright light, exercise and chickpeas!!! So a quick jog round the block during lunch time (the only natural light teachers are likely to see during the winter) followed by a chickpea salad!!!

I'm not generally a chocolate person but I jsut bought myself a small box of Quality Street and I highly expect to eat the whole lot today :haha:

Shhh - I'm eating chocolate spread with a tea spoon - don't tell my friends over in Bellys to Bumps!!

Heh heh, I do a TON of exercise so I can eat the chocolate.

Working in Paris is a challenge though, am struggling a bit to get my 5 fruit and veg a day there are cakes and pastries everywhere I look.

Heh heh, I do a TON of exercise so I can eat the chocolate.

Working in Paris is a challenge though, am struggling a bit to get my 5 fruit and veg a day there are cakes and pastries everywhere I look.

I actually googled scurvy the other day as I've had a portion of mushrooms this week and a tin of peaches - I need to sort my diet out! :blush:

Ok - I can do a round trip - Manchester to Chicago, Chicago to Indiana & back for about £500 ($774) - I think that's quite reasonable for an ass-whooping opportunity!! :rofl:

Chocolate is awesome, white Toblerone is particularly effective, I also find exercise perks me up no end, I do a class called "Body Combat" which is based on kick boxing, it is a brutal workout and is good for getting rid of the pent up aggresssion and frustration caused by stupid people saying stupid and insensitive things - totally recommend it ladies.

I like the sound of that NorthStar!! Getting rid of pent up aggression sounds blooming marvellous. As does white chocolate Toblerone. Oh, and chocolate Brazils really rock too. As does Cadbury's Flake, Miniature Heroes, Celebrations, WHOLE tubs of Haagen-Dazs, Kellogg's Honey Nut Clusters, Cadbury's Twirls.... the list goes on. Does anybody remember Cadbury's Spira? It's a chocolate straw, essentially, and in college we'd drink cider out of it before going out. Coooooooooooooool!!

Dwrgi - just did a bit of googling about how to raise seratonin levels - some studies suggest bright light, exercise and chickpeas!!! So a quick jog round the block during lunch time (the only natural light teachers are likely to see during the winter) followed by a chickpea salad!!!

Marvellous!!! I can't wait for that one!!!! Thanks Twinks! xxx

Shhh - I'm eating chocolate spread with a tea spoon - don't tell my friends over in Bellys to Bumps!!

Or what about Maltesers PLACED on a teaspoon and dunked into hot tea?? Yum yum!!

Butterfly-I HIGHLY recommend that you eat ALL the chocolate today! xx

Try the class too though girls, I swear to god it works!

Twinkle the key is finding fruit and vegetables that you like, that taste nice to you, and then you will eat them.. Soup is good too, you can pack a lot of nutritious veggies into that, I dislike lumpy soup so mine are well blended but I get at least 2 serves a day just with my lunchtime soup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->