TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Ohhh nooo :cry::cry::cry::cry: I'm sooo sorry sweetie that is such sad news. many many hugs

Well thanks so much ladies for your support as ever. I caught him online earlier today and yes, it is kind of the worst. I think it is time for him to get on with his life - he has met a couple of people who he thinks are dating material and it is not really possible for him to do that in the current situation. I kind of knew this scenario was likely when we started so it is not too much of a shock. Like you say he has been great so far. He says we can give it one more shot at the end of October if this month is not successful (and I'm really not feeling it tbh) but after that it is unlikely there will be more chances.

At the moment I am of the opinion that I do not want to go this alone so i will not look for a SD. I am, to be quite honest, sick of doing everything on my own, and this would just be too much.

I'll give it a few days for my thoughts to process (and I will likely be testing on Monday) and see what I think about things then.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

p.s. sorry for the me post - hope everyone is OK :hugs::hugs:

:hugs: :flower: FXed for your testing day sweetie...

Butterfly & sunny - sending you huge snuggly hugs - I'm so sorry things are looking bleak at the moment.

Sorry to add to the despondency but I've started cramping - the witch is on her way - obviously the magic of the HSG can't overcome our failings

Thanks Twinkle, but don't count on the :witch: until she has actually arrived! :hugs:

Butterfly hope that's not what you are thinking. HUGS HUGS :hugs:

Chris I thought of sthg for you. Check out the BNP sell and swap forums. Sometimes women have left over meds they don't need and they try to sell it half price or give them away. I saw a thread the other day like that. That must be gone by now but you never know sthg might be again. xxxx

Oh great idea honey , i will check that out!!

Ladies, hugs to you all!!! I am going to add to the depressing news we have had lately with Twinkle and Sunny, DH and I have decided that if we cannot get the meds for free with the Compassionate care program then we are going to give up on the IVF idea, we just cant see financing $5000 for meds, we would end up paying $107 a month for the next 60 months!! And i just cant see paying that when our chances of getting pg are so low. Skye has offered a great idea that i could check the BNB buy/sell forum and i might find someone there that i could get a deal with, so i will check into that. I know you ladies are disapointed and its not over just yet, but like i said we just cant see spending that much, we are barely making it right now, i just dont think we can add another $107 payment and for 5 years!! So fingers are crossed that we will get lucky still, but at least if not, then i am done. Thank you all so much for all your support, i love all you ladies, you have all been so wonderful to me!!

Ha honey thank so much, you are so sweet, i would love to meet all you ladies, and i appreciate the thought of you bringing me meds, I love you honey, you and Skye are so sweet!!

Aw Chris, I know what you mean honey, it is a lot of money to find when you don't have it. I just hope that maybe you can find someone who has some excess meds that you can get for cheap so that you can give it a shot :hugs::hugs:

Update:
hormone levels dropped to 1566
Little bit sad but concentrating on the positives, i can now look at doing yoga tacher training and go and 'enjoy' the birthday i'm going to tonight.

thanks again ladies for all your support

So sorry to hear this hun, it is so hard. I am thinking of you and hope that you take good care of yourself. Glass of wine and lots of chocolate and TLC is in order, I think.

I look you're positive attitude, although I know it's hard. What's going to happen now? Will they carry out tests as you've had three mcs?? I think you said you had. Sorry if I got this wrong..

Anyway, thinking of you,
Axxxx:cry:

Ladies, hugs to you all!!! I am going to add to the depressing news we have had lately with Twinkle and Sunny, DH and I have decided that if we cannot get the meds for free with the Compassionate care program then we are going to give up on the IVF idea, we just cant see financing $5000 for meds, we would end up paying $107 a month for the next 60 months!! And i just cant see paying that when our chances of getting pg are so low. Skye has offered a great idea that i could check the BNB buy/sell forum and i might find someone there that i could get a deal with, so i will check into that. I know you ladies are disapointed and its not over just yet, but like i said we just cant see spending that much, we are barely making it right now, i just dont think we can add another $107 payment and for 5 years!! So fingers are crossed that we will get lucky still, but at least if not, then i am done. Thank you all so much for all your support, i love all you ladies, you have all been so wonderful to me!!

Oh Chris, I am so sorry. You know that we are all here for you, whatever you decide. I think it's a fantastic idea of Skye's to see if you can get the meds cheaper. Don't forget also that natural IVF is excellent for us more mature women with low amhs, plus uses a fraction of the drugs required for conventional IVF, so it might be worth looking into.

Anyway, you know what is right for you, and I hope that you are okay. Life is such a bi*ch at times. Thinking of you, and sending lots of love,
Axxxx
:thumbup:

Well thanks so much ladies for your support as ever. I caught him online earlier today and yes, it is kind of the worst. I think it is time for him to get on with his life - he has met a couple of people who he thinks are dating material and it is not really possible for him to do that in the current situation. I kind of knew this scenario was likely when we started so it is not too much of a shock. Like you say he has been great so far. He says we can give it one more shot at the end of October if this month is not successful (and I'm really not feeling it tbh) but after that it is unlikely there will be more chances.

At the moment I am of the opinion that I do not want to go this alone so i will not look for a SD. I am, to be quite honest, sick of doing everything on my own, and this would just be too much.

I'll give it a few days for my thoughts to process (and I will likely be testing on Monday) and see what I think about things then.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

p.s. sorry for the me post - hope everyone is OK :hugs::hugs:

Oh Butterfly, this is so hard. It is such a pity that you and your BF couldn't get it together, but once that ship has sailed, it has sailed. I know what you mean about doing things on your own, and bringing up a child would be a HUGE responsibility especially as you couldn't share the 'burden.' I have a best friend who I saw last night and she says the same thing-she's fed up of being alone, doing everything alone. The sad thing is that I know loads of single guys too, but it's almost impossible to arrange to get people together. There are so many decent people out there, and it's just meeting them that's the problem, and a rather huge one at that. I so feel for you.

Let's hope now then, that this month is it!! So fingers crossed for a positibve test on Monday, and if that doesn't happen, that the end of October will be your lucky time!!

Thinking of you,
Love, Axxxx:flower:

I've got my fingers crossed for you Sunny. I went in too early for my scan and they saw a sac but no baby & no heartbeat. I was told to prepare for the worst, come back a week later for another scan & possible D&C. It was a difficult situation made more painful by the way it was handled by my nurse and the initial doctor. But, everything was on track the following week. You went in really early and your numbers look good. Hope is not lost so hold on.

Thankyou, good to know, i have had my blood test and now await the results...

Update:
hormone levels dropped to 1566
Little bit sad but concentrating on the positives, i can now look at doing yoga tacher training and go and 'enjoy' the birthday i'm going to tonight.

thanks again ladies for all your support

Sunny I'm so sorry but I missed your post somehow. Big :hug: to you. Hope you managed to enjoy the party just a little bit. :hugs::hugs:

Aw thanks Amanda, maybe you can send some of those single guys down my way :haha::haha:

:hugs::hugs:

Twinkle, hope bag face AF doesn't show. Grr, I hate the witch. :grr:

Purple-how is your weekend hun? Hope you're having a relaxing one!

Skye, what are you up to????? Hope you're not doing very much AT ALL!!!

HA-how is the trying not to but can't help it symptom spotting going??? Hoping you're okay and sending HUGE truckloads of PMA your way! Fingers crossed that this is it!!

FM-how are you hun? What a pain having to wait some more, bit like you said, it's worth doing it right. Big hugs to you hun!

Pad-OMG, not long to go now! I am soooooooo excited for you! I bet you can't wait either. Sun, sea and impregnation!! Flippin marvellous! Am sending huge hugs your way!

North Star, Lava, Luv, Missy, Keekee, LLBean, 4EverYoung, Manuiti, Macwooly, CaroleB, and anybody else who I may have missed, hello!!! Hope you're all well!

AFM-I had an allergy test yesterday which was very interesting. The nutritionist thinks that I have a sugar intolerance, and lactose intolerance too. But mainly she belives that I have candida, which tallies with the cystitis I had after my mc and IVF in the summer. Out of a total scale of 30, it measured 11 over my belly, and 22 over my ovaries. I'm not saying that this is the cause of my infertility, but I'm eager to treat it, as it can cause so many of the symptoms I am now experiencing (depression, fatigue, irritability (ha ha ha), lack of CM (eurgh), to name but a few. So, I've got some supplements to take (some more!! I think I will be rattling before long!)and will hold off on the antidepressants for now, and see if these improve things. Fingers crossed.

Lots of love to you all,
Axxxx
P.S. The dogs are under strict supervision today. There's no way i'm going through again what we went through last Sunday with them. Little buggers. :winkwink:

So sorry to hear this hun, it is so hard. I am thinking of you and hope that you take good care of yourself. Glass of wine and lots of chocolate and TLC is in order, I think.

I look you're positive attitude, although I know it's hard. What's going to happen now? Will they carry out tests as you've had three mcs?? I think you said you had. Sorry if I got this wrong..

Anyway, thinking of you,

Thanks, i have lots of chocolate and may have had a couple of wines last night ;)

Yes your right my 3rd, I will make sure they carry out every available test they possibly can dont worry. I go for another blood test tomorow just to check my levels are still falling and then i guess its another dreaded D&C :shrug:

Anyway, thinking of you,

Thanks, i have lots of chocolate and may have had a couple of wines last night ;)

Yes your right my 3rd, I will make sure they carry out every available test they possibly can dont worry. I go for another blood test tomorow just to check my levels are still falling and then i guess its another dreaded D&C :shrug:

So very sorry. Chocs sound like the way to go. I'm tucking into a box of Celebrations as I write, with a husky on either side of me eyeing up the chocs-no chocs for them though. Take it easy hun, and make sure you get all the medical help they can give you!

Big hugs! xx

Anyway, thinking of you,

Awww honey i am so sorry, i wish i could come and give you a big hug, since i cant i will send you one through your screen!! :hugs:

Butterfly honey i am sorry to hear your news, please dont give up hope, its so tough being alone, i did not find my dh until i was 40 but it was so worth the wait!! I am sending you tons of hugs and lots of prayers that all will work out. :hugs:

Ladies thank you so much for your support, i really appreciate it, right now i have not totaly given up hope, there is always hope right. I am going to take Skye's suggestion and we will see what happens, we might have to stall out for a cycle though as af is due friday.

Ladies, i had my consult with the doctor this morning, i start my IVF cycle when AF shows!!!!!! Now all i have to do is figure out how to pay for all the meds lol. I dont remember everything right now, but i know they will have me on 375ml follistim, and 75ml menopur (Sorry not sure of the spelling on that one) and a whole bunch of other meds. They were so nice, they gave me a box of 15 of the Progesterone and she said if she gets any more she will give that to me too. I have a friend that just did her IVF on wed, and she is going to give me her left over meds too, hey every little bit helps right. So we are one our way, although i do still have the stupid hope that we did it ourselves this cycle lol. I hope all you lovely ladies are having a wonderful friday, now if it could just get over with lol, well for you UK ladies it is already over with, can i just skip into your time zone lol.

Yay! We can be IVF buddies. I'm a little bit ahead of you but sounds like we're doing this close together. I'm rooting for you! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->