TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Not much time to post much. Just wanted to say Baby Dust to everyone!! Lots of Love!!!

the bangs are crazy tonight!! we are staying in with the dogs relaxing :)

lava - enjoy your shower! Im dying to know - what actually happens at a baby shower? (we don't have them over here)

Purple,
Typically it is a party in honor of the expectant mom where gifts are given to help prepare for the baby. Similar to bridal showers. Do you have those? Not like an evening stag party, but usually an event during the day where several female relatives &/or close girlfriends host a get-together at a home, restaurant, or club house. Food & drinks are served, sometimes games are played with a gift given for the winner, and of course baby gifts like books, clothes, blankets, toys & other gear are given. Variations can be a coed party with guys invited too and one held at the office with co-workers (they will do something casual for me at work). It is really about showing lots of love & support and I really felt blessed with everyone being there.

We had 22 women including my 4 hostesses, my mom, Scott's mom & aunt. One cute thing they did was to have everyone write advice or predictions in a journal as a keepsake. In addition to all the baby stuff, we received house cleaning and baby photography services and handmade knit booties, hats, etc. The best news was that a good friend who has been TTC for 3+ years & has done several IUIs & 2 IVFS told me privately after the party she is pregnant. She has waited a long time and I'm very glad she did not give up.

We also asked two sets of our friends to be godparents to the twins, which is typically a spiritual thing as they will be their sponsors at the baptism & help us raise them up in our faith so that was special.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm headed to bed early. Just wanted to check in & catch up with your posts.

Laura that keepsake is such a great idea :) A friend of mine had 18 cards, one for each birthday. Everyone wrote one and she was going to give it to her daughter on her birthdays untill 18. I thought that was a great idea too. :)) You had such a good time. :flower: I'm glad it was a nice occasion. Also great to hear about your friend.
Hoping everyone here would announce good news soon too. Hugs and kisses xxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: It's eid tomorrow, muslim festival so double kisses and love to you all xxxxxxx:kiss::kiss:

Morning Ladies

Just popping in to see how everyone is this weekend? Hope you are all relaxing and having fun.

Skye good to hear you mention Eid, we are currently on 3 days national holidays to mark the ocasion and it really is a great time for families here in the Middle East. Everyone buys new clothes to wear to look their best at family gatherings and lots of jewelry for the ladies. I love the old traditions and culture here and all the gorgeous food at the gatherings.

I am hoping and praying that Eid brings lots of luck to all you ladies in the shape of many BFP's for this thread.

AFM I am just relaxing with DH today and enjoying the break from work. 3 weeks till our next scan when we will find out the sex of the baby and I really can't wait.

Take care all and hope to catch up on your news later :hugs:

Laura...that sounds like a fab thing to do. Congrats to your friend too :hugs:

Skye...happy Eid :flower:

Carole...can't believe how far you are already :happydance:

Pad and HA...wrapping my arms around you both and giving you a big squishy :hugs:

:hi: to all :flower:

AFM, don't know where I am apart from somewhere in TWW and not bothered :) had an interview on Friday and got offered the job by the evening in a mainstream primary school 5 minutes away from me and have lost 9lb's in four weeks. Feel much better in myself and still have the counselling session next Friday to look forward to.

XxX

Weight loss and a new job ... you are a rockstar, Never!! I am so happy about the new career opportunity and a change of scenery ... plus that is an awesome commute to work! So exciting!!!!

Hugs to HA & Pad! We are here for you!!!

Lava that shower sounds so lovely!!

Pad- I hope all is well.

Dwrgi, purple, Skye, Twinkle- Hi

HA- missing you on here!

Lava - that sounds lovely!! especially the keepsake book, what a lovely thing for the abies to see when they older xx

:hi: FM, how are you doing?

Carole - oh how exciting to find out the baies gender! do you have a "feeling" what you are baking in there??

Never:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo: congratulations on the job!! well done!! and the weight loss too, I am so impressed xxx

pad and HA :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: - I am hoping you ladies are ok xxxx we are all missing you x

Missy - how are you feeling? I hope you are getting plenty of rest so those embies can snuggle in xx

Dwrgi - Have you had a nice weekend? how are you pups holding up?

Twinkle - hope you've had a lovely weekend in sunny Kiddi!

and Skye - I hope you are still taking things easy, Happy Eid xx

big loves to frolicky, wooly, titi, butterfly, OMM, silverbirch and anyone I have forgotten xxx

Afm - we've had a relaxing weekend, out and about during the day, many movies in the evenings (cos we can't leave the dogs - they are too scared) and today I made my first pie (cherry) and it turned out ok!

and now it's nearly monday :( however it is our wedding anniversary (5th) this Friday, so we are both having the day off, and a nice long weekend to celebrate. it's highly possible that it may also be ovulation time around then too. I am keeping hopeful xx

Purple, how exciting that your anniversary is timed around O. That would be the best anniversary present ever. Congrats on 5 years together!

I rescued her off the street when she was 1 month old. 2 years later and everyone who see her guesses what breed are in her!! Its really funny actually!!!!

Hi girls, how are you all? I hope that you all had a good weekend. For the UK girls, I bet you're glad that the Fireworks weekend is over!! Our Village Association managed to make a £3700 profit for local charities after our Bonfire & Fireworks Extravaganza-really good news, but a lot of hard work went into it too!!!

Purple-your weekend away to celebrate your anniversary sounds lovely. Congratulations! And how marvellous if magical things were to happen if it coincided with OV!! Fingers crossed for you hun! Have a good week too! Yup, I agree, Kate Silverton is my favourite preggers celeb too. She gave me hope! :flower:

Missy-how are you feeling? I hope that you are resting up and trying to relax as much as you can! I have all my fingers crossed for you! I am glad that you were strong in resisting the urge to let your furballs in-it breaks my heart when mine whine! But we have to be strong, and you definitely needed to be left in peace! Take it easy hun! :flower:

FM-how are you hun? I know you were a bit out of sorts last week... the TTC journey does that to you, alas. But, keep your eye on the ball and remember that it will all be worth it in the end! Roll on January for you! Big hugs to you! :hugs:

Butterfly-how is it going at your sister's? Hope you've managed to get yourself sorted.... it's a real pain but it will be nice to get everything you need around you. Where are you at with your cycle?? Big :hugs: hun!

Keekeesaurus-where are you these days? Hope all is okay? Lots of love to you! :hugs:

HA-where are you? I'm worried about you. Did you test? I hope that you are okay and finding the strength to cope with whatever the result was. We are here for you when you are ready, and ready with big hugs and lots of support! :hugs:

Debs-hun, I am hope that you are okay? I've been thinking about you all weekend.. Whatever the outcome, we are here for you and care about you. Hang on in there hun... Lots and lots of love, :flower:

Lava-the shower sounded really lovely, and what marvellous news from your friend. I am sure that you felt very loved and can't wait now for the Big Day! When are you due? :hugs:

Carole-all sounds good with you! I bet you can't wait to find out the sex of Little Bean! Good to hear from you and take it easy! :hugs:

Skyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye! I hope that you are resting up young lady! And that is an order! I didn't get to the Fertility Show-it had been a manic week and I just couldn't face it. Teaching really takes it out of you... Hope you're okay after your drama last week. Love to you and Shirin! :hugs:

Never-congratulations on your new job. How marvellous to be so close to home-you can pop home for lunch and so much less hassle! Brilliant! Your tide is turning hun! Lots of love to you! :hugs:

Chris, how are you hun? Hope you're okay? Are you getting any support to help you come to terms with where you are at?? I am sending big :hugs: to you! :flower:

North Star, Twinkle, Titi, frolicky, dodger, manuiti, and anybody else I may have forgotten, Hello!!!

AFM- I am on CD7 (I think) and am having twinges in my ovary area... Probably the acupuncture. I am going to aim to DTD every two days this cycle, so wish me luck on my mammoth marathan DTD month!!! I've also had a silly headache over the last three days, similar to the headache I had on stimms. I get these from time to time. Does this suggest too much oestrogen in my system??? Anybody?? As you can see, I'm still looking for answers!!

Love to you all,
Axxxxxx:hugs::hugs:

Hi all, I'm back from Kidderminster!!
I was helping to run the Methodist Church's Youth Assembly so I didn't actually see anything outside the activity centre where we were. I worked with/looked after 54 9-13 year olds over the weekend - clocking up 41 hours work in 2 and a half days!

Most of them were fab - there was one boy who was such a sweety that i warned the girl I was driving home with that there might be a suspicious blanket wrapped bundle in the back of the car on the way home!!

There were some teenage girls with real attitudes though - I was still up at 2am trying to get them to go to bed!

Then just to add to my exhaustion AF arrived on Saturday night - a bit unexpectedly as I thought I was only on day 23 - looking back I started with brown flow exactly 28 days before but only got red blood 23 days before - suggests that day 1 was actually when she very first showed.

Lava - I'm throwing a baby shower on Saturday for a friend. It's only a small affair as she didn't want lots of people there but it should be fun. My only problem atm is finding decorations - they've chosen not to find out the sex of the baby until it's born & everything is either blue or pink!!

HA & Pad - I'm thinking about you - as the others have said we're here for you whatever xx

Hello & hugs to Purple, Missy, FM, Keekee, Carole, Skye, Dwrgi, Never, Chris, North Star, Titi, frolicky, dodger, manuiti and all the other lovely ladies xx

Hi all, I'm back from Kidderminster!!
I was helping to run the Methodist Church's Youth Assembly so I didn't actually see anything outside the activity centre where we were. I worked with/looked after 54 9-13 year olds over the weekend - clocking up 41 hours work in 2 and a half days!

Most of them were fab - there was one boy who was such a sweety that i warned the girl I was driving home with that there might be a suspicious blanket wrapped bundle in the back of the car on the way home!!

There were some teenage girls with real attitudes though - I was still up at 2am trying to get them to go to bed!

Then just to add to my exhaustion AF arrived on Saturday night - a bit unexpectedly as I thought I was only on day 23 - looking back I started with brown flow exactly 28 days before but only got red blood 23 days before - suggests that day 1 was actually when she very first showed.

Gosh-you deserve a medal after that!! Well done you! Bet you're completely zonked. Boo hoo for AF!

Take care hun,
Axxx

The girls who hosted my shower decorated with Kelly green & white with yellow accents. Green balloons and white fresh flowers, lots of fresh white, green & white baby shower napkins and green & yellow plates. Just a thought, Twinkle. Wow, you need a vacation after that Kidderminster weekend! Whew!

Dwrgi,
Enjoy the DTD marathon with your DH & good luck. Although we have still been intimate, it has been much less frequent lately & I suspect that the next 3 months will not bear much more in the lovin' dept. Not that I don't want it, in fact, I'm more in the mood, but I'm too tired & achey to play these days. Oh well. Such is the irony. 37 weeks is full term for twins which means Jan.20th but my doc will probably let me go until the 27th if there are no complications and they aren't trying to make an earlier appearance. My biggest fear is premature labor especially before Jan 1 (34w2d). That is my goal right now, but after that, I'll reset it. I have 2 Dr. appts this week to check on the babies & hope they are ok. Thanks for asking about me.

dwrgi, I'm doing fine except that I caught a cold. I relaxed and rested all weekend. I didn't go out of the house but I'm at work today. My cold is starting to go away. I didn't take anything for it as I'm afraid to hurt the embies. So you have always had a headache with stimming? I didn't experience a headache when I was stimming. I was on a script of the pill back in my 20's that caused me to have 2 periods a month. After 2 months of that I went back to my doc and she said that meant it was too much estrogen so she switched me to another one and I went back to normal. One thing I do notice with the Estrace I am taking orally right now is that I've broken out horribly. I broke out on my face and my neck! I am wearing my hair down today and a turtle neck to cover it up. It has to be from the Estrace and/or the suppositories I'm using. But hey, I'll take the break outs as long as it give me a BFP. I hope you are doing well. :hugs:

Twinkle, you are a saint for handling that many children. That is definately a handful. Isn't it wonderful when you bond with a child like that? I always want to steal them too. Every time my brother complains about my neice I tell him that I'll take her. Last time he told me I could have her (jokingly) and I told him I'd love for him to send her for the summer next year.

HA and Pad, I hope you ladies are doing okay. I'm praying for you. :hugs:

AFM, I'm back to work today after my bed rest. I actually feel good to get out of the house as the weather has been beautiful here, sunny and in the 60's. One thing that I can take from this IVF experience is that it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was worried about how much time off from work I'd need but I only ended up taking off a day and a half. I was lucky to have my embryo transfer happen on a Friday and I'm off every other Friday anyway because I work 9 hour days. I think the worst part was that I felt like a human pin cushion but it was bearable. Especially when the end result is positive. I hope everyone is doing well. Baby dust to all. :dust:

Purple- Happy Anniversary, I am keeping my FX that it will be o time for you, that would be an awesome anniv gift.

Dwrgi- enjoy the bd marathon, FX that you get that bfp!

Twinkle- Welcome Back!

Missyt- Ugggh, about the breakout but it will all be so worth it, I'm rooting and praying for your bfp!

HA, and Pad- We miss you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->