TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

https://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/band.gif - thought a band might cheer us up!!

And here is the link to the smiley page I've been using https://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/

I love the band, you clever thing!!
:hugs:

Twinkle - I love that band!! :D

Missy that is a great site, thank you!!

OMM - that witch is so blinkin' inconsiderate - she should have known you were ready for some lovin' with your wonderful man! you'll have to make up for it after she leaves :hugs:

LOL, i know, we figured we would be able to get in some fun, but nooooo she had other idea's lol. I cant wait until she is gone :happydance:

Dang, it just went from 60 degrees here to about 40 with whipping winds in about an hour, they are talking snow flurries tonight and tomorrow, ewwwwwwwww. I hate winter!!!!!

chilly! however it's always nice to snggle under the covers on the weekend when it's freezing outdoors. The only problem we have is that the dogs always want to go out for walkies.

Dwrgi - you have husies right?? do they love the snow??

chilly! however it's always nice to snggle under the covers on the weekend when it's freezing outdoors. The only problem we have is that the dogs always want to go out for walkies.

Dwrgi - you have husies right?? do they love the snow??

LOL, yes it is nice to snuggle under the covers, and luckly for us we have a huge backyard, no walking for us, we can just open the door and let Kirby out, he LOVES the snow lol, and i have to say even if you hate snow he will make you laugh. Kirby is flatcoat retrevier and Newfoundland, the only thing that freezes on him are his paws, and thats only when it gets to below zero with the temps. Man what i would not give to have a fireplace in our house, oh i would so love that!!

OMM, we have a fence too and its a lifesaver. Its one of the best investments we ever made. My two boys can just go out and do their thing.

bless! dogs are so funny in the snow! one of mine (Pickle) tries to eat it and then appears with a muzzle covered in frost.

we have a fenced garden too, but our 2 still want to go for walkies on the lead at least twice a day, even when if freezing!

Purple I'm jealous of the 2 walks a day as I have to walk my pack 4 times a day to help with my Rottweiler's arthritis :) And can someone tell me how my dogs know their walkies time better than I do? :wacko:

Sending lots of :hugs: and :dust: to you all for you to choose what you need today x

Purple I can't believe it we have 2 little Shit Zhus and mine is called Pickles. Being born here in Bahrain they have never seen snow but they go crazy when the garden sprinkler system comes on and dash in and out getting soaked. If we ever go back to the UK I do wonder how they would cope with the cold.

We are having trouble with my DH's dog Tinker, she has always been the slightly crazy one who is super hectic and rarely calms even when walked every day but she also has a bladder problem. When excited, nervous or soemtimes no reason at all she just pees herself. It has been so embarrassing as she has wet herself on my friend several times. We treat her exactly the same as Pickles but it is becoming a real problem as I have no worries with baby touching the dogs and even getting the ocasional kiss from them but I do have a problem with Tinker peeing everywhere as this is too much of a risk for baby. We are really struggling on what to do for the best as we have had them for 18 months now since they were puppies. Its a tough one as can see DH insisting on rehoming her soon.

Hi girls

Yes, I have two huskeys, Ruby and Gwydion. My OH takes them runing every morning (they generally cover 5 miles each day) and then we take them for another walk in the evening. They are hard work in that they are such active dogs, but they sleep loads too! I adore both of them, but for different reasons: Ruby is completely bonkers and completely instinctive, whereas Gwydion is very sweet and sensitive.

My mum has Shih-tzus and they are a lovely breed. Millie, her youngest, has a really weak bladder and wees every time she meets somebody new or if she is nervous. It can be funny, but not always! I don't know what your solution is Carole, it would be a pity to rehome them, as Shih-tzus are generally brilliant with small children.

I also love Labradors and my mum has bred these too-my favourite was Cindy who died in the Spring-a sweeter dog you could not find!! I was so upset when she passed away (at 13, a really good age for a Lab).

Hope you're all okay! It's a lovely sunny day in S Wales today.

Skye, I hope that nobody you know has been affected by the latest earthquake in Turkey. Thinking of you hun!

Missy, it is completely normal and inevitable that you will feel down at some points in the treatment-you have been through a huge amount, both physically and emotionally, and it takes its toll. However, try to remain positive and focus on the good things that are going on inside your womb! Not long to go now before you know!! Bring the BFP on!!! Big :hugs: xx
Lots of love to you all,
Axxxxxxxx

DWRGI, do you know if it makes sense to do HPT before my beta? I guess I rather know on my own first before I get that call at work the afternoon of my beta. I heard you could get a false positive because of the medications. I really didn't think this TWW would be that bad but it is. I figured it would be more relaxing after the hype of all the bw/us and procedures.

Missy - when are you having the beta done? - how long is it after the transfer?? and are you on any meds now which could affect a test?? :hugs: you are doing so amazingly well, I am impressed, cos I would be a complete bundle of rubbishness at this point!

Carole - spooky!! two little pickles, we have Pickle (Pickle pie) and Brody (brody bean) - don't ask, it just sort of happened lol. they are both rescue dogs - Jack russell crosses, they go from having all the energy in the world...to none at all. on weekends, when we are there all day, I swear we disturb their 18 hour a day sleep pattern because they look so tired! and wooly - yes it is odd how they know when it's walkies time. They generally start pacing about 5 minutes before and telling us to get ready!

Dwrgi - I love Huskies - they are beautiful! but I am glad we have smaller dogs because I am way too soft with ours and sit all over me and DH - if I owned bigger dogs Id be permantly squished

Just to add to my anger from yesterday I heard on the radio that just in the North West of England there are 22,000 babies at risk because of neglect or abuse. I'm having a 'shaking my fist at God' day - how come they get to have babies and I don't??

Sorry not helpful I know!

Just to add to my anger from yesterday I heard on the radio that just in the North West of England there are 22,000 babies at risk because of neglect or abuse. I'm having a 'shaking my fist at God' day - how come they get to have babies and I don't??

Sorry not helpful I know!

:hugs: I am right with you honey, i posted earlier about a girl who gave birth in a Salvation Army bathroom and then proceded to strangle the baby and leave it there!!!! It breaks my heart that someone like that is allowed to have a child, and yet ladies like us are not able to have any. I am with you on the "shaking my fist at God" especially since the one thing that was getting me through knowing we would not have a child, was vacation, and now that is not even going to happen, thanks to all the bills and this STUPID state i live in!! :hugs:

DWRGI, do you know if it makes sense to do HPT before my beta? I guess I rather know on my own first before I get that call at work the afternoon of my beta. I heard you could get a false positive because of the medications. I really didn't think this TWW would be that bad but it is. I figured it would be more relaxing after the hype of all the bw/us and procedures.

I have everything crossed for you honey, as for me whenever i did an IUI, i always did a test at home the night before, i just wanted to be with my DH and not just get a message at work, for me it was easier to deal with it that way, but some ladies like to just wait and have the blood test show them. I guess its up to you hon, although i am so hoping to see a bfp post from you because you POAS lol.

Missy...I know some people who have the HCG trigger shot test daily to test the decrease in HCG, I don't know about IVF. I would be like OMM and test beforehand and I think HA does too so you know first hand if that makes sense? :hugs:

Twinkle..:hugs:

Dwrgi and Purple...love the names of your pooches :hugs:

Hope everyone is doing ok :hugs:

AFM....
I am back on PAL roller coaster :wacko: got my BFP last night and in denial. I really was worried posting this in here as I know Pad and HA had negatives over the last few days and Missy has her testing coming up. I just didn't want to not tell you but not rub noses in.

XxX

dear Never :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: - Im going to send you a pm xxxx you are very sweet xx

Twinkle and OMM - I am sooo with you ladies = life just isn't fair :hugs:

Purple, I'm trying to hold it together as best I could. I did have a mini-meltdown yesterday when I checked our bank account online yesterday and saw that DH keeps buying motorcycle parts. :hissy: I started crying in front of him and told him if this cycle doesn't work we're going to have to pay for meds out of pocket all over again. I don't know why I can't get it through to him that this isn't the time to be spending money on hobbies and extras to soop up his bike and make it look pretty. I just get so annoyed with him sometimes because he doesn't understand how I feel because he already has a child. I'm the bread winner in the family and ultimately I feel like most of this falls on me. But other than that, I've gone through 2 positive thinking books, putting time aside each day to pray and watching a lot of comedies. I also got a picture of my embies from the transfer and I put that pic in a frame and look at it each day and think about my babies growing inside of me.

OMM, I agree that I don't want to hear the news at work. I know I'll have a breakdown here at work and start crying if its not the news I want to hear. That is why I rather test the night before and be emotional at home. I guess I'm starting to get nervous. And I'm afraid to tell anyone my test date. :shy:

Twinkle, I don't understand it either. And it makes me so angry. Its so cruel how the world works sometimes. Its sad that if we aren't blessed with the perfect ovaries or sperm that we have to pay to be parents, when people that it comes to so easily can sometimes make the worst parents.

Missyt,
I always test at home the night before because I would not want to trek into the clinic for a blood test and then wait at the office for bad news. Actually, I always tested before the night before b/c I could never wait or I'd get AF spotting well in advance. The trigger shots made my cycle all wonky. I remember when I did test and get my BFP, I was convinced it was the HCG from the trigger, but that should be out of your system by 10DPO. I am crossing my fingers and praying for you this cycle!!! I am very proud of you for doing everything you can to stay positive. Hang in there! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->