TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Thank you all for the lovely comments and PM's I really appreciate it :hugs:

Belated happy birthday Butterfly...hope you got spoiled rotten :hugs:

XxX

Butterfly, I hope you have a wonderful birthday xxx

Big :hugs: to everyone xxxxx hope you are all having a good weekend

afm, well it was our anniversary yesterday and we had a lovely day, I called my mum in the evening to thank her for the card she had sent, and she was really upset. It seems my dad might be really unwell. he's had a bad leg since Christmas last year and been back and forth to the doctors having various tests etc, last week he had an xray on his ankle and was called by his GP on monday for a fracture clinic appointment at the hospital yesterday. he went and had some more xrays done at which point the doctor the docotr showed him some spots on his pelvis and ankle, which he thinks are secondary cancers. he has to go for a CT scan next week to see if they can find the primary cancer. I am devestated, and so very frightened. my parents live a long way from me, but are buying a house just down the road - and should have been moving in the next few weeks. My dad still wants to move, my mum is unsure now, I really want them close. I just feel so scared, I don't want to loose my dad......

sorry for the post, but I just need to get it out (hope you ladies don't mind)

afm, well it was our anniversary yesterday and we had a lovely day, I called my mum in the evening to thank her for the card she had sent, and she was really upset. It seems my dad might be really unwell. he's had a bad leg since Christmas last year and been back and forth to the doctors having various tests etc, last week he had an xray on his ankle and was called by his GP on monday for a fracture clinic appointment at the hospital yesterday. he went and had some more xrays done at which point the doctor the docotr showed him some spots on his pelvis and ankle, which he thinks are secondary cancers. he has to go for a CT scan next week to see if they can find the primary cancer. I am devestated, and so very frightened. my parents live a long way from me, but are buying a house just down the road - and should have been moving in the next few weeks. My dad still wants to move, my mum is unsure now, I really want them close. I just feel so scared, I don't want to loose my dad......

:hugs::hugs: So sorry to hear your news :hugs::hugs: I'm hoping they can find the primary and treat your father :hugs::hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: purple - I think if they were planning to move then it sounds like they still should whatever the outcome - we all know that putting things on hold is not good :hugs::hugs::hugs: Fingers crossed that all is OK though.

Won't go into it but birthday was a let down and the witch arrived so I spent most of the evening in bed with stomach cramps lol :cry: - will probably lurk a bit more again as I am not sure if I will have any more chances now :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Purplelou I'm sorry to hear of your dad's health problems

Butterfly sorry you had a crap birthday

Big hellos to everyone else, I've lurked occasionally amd was really sorry to hear that padbrat got a BFN the first round, and the other ladies having treatment.

MissyT hope this is you BFP coming next week.

AFM not much to report, I'm out next month due to timing issues and am looking forward to the break, work's been stressful and there's been a few other hassles. I'm getting a new puppy and will be focussing on the pup over the coming weeks, so looking forward to having a furbaby again.

Lou, I am so sorry about your dad! I pray they'll find the primary cancer soon and that it turns out to be something really easy to treat. My dad was just diagnosed with prostate cancer this week, so I am right there with you, honey.... :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Butterfly, it sounds like this birthday is one we should just bid good riddance to. :hugs: Lurk as long as you need to but know we're all here for you when you need a shoulder or a hug. :hugs::hugs:

AFM, DH is having a really hard time with this break. He's been really down all week and he finally had a complete meltdown yesterday. He said he just feels hopeless now, that when we're moving from one treatment right into the next, he can focus on that, that surely the next one will work, and now he doesn't know what to do. He just feels lost.

He said a few days ago that he thinks he wants to start IVF after our break. I mostly agree with him, it just scares me. I can accept one round, I can accept spending that kind of money. But I know that statistically we need to be prepared to go three rounds, and I cannot get my head around spending enough for three rounds. My counselor keeps reminding me to view IVF as a diagnostic test that *may* result in a baby (because over 60% of IVF cycles don't result in a baby, and we don't need to feel like more of a failure than we already do). On one hand I agree with her - I know we could learn a lot about what exactly is going on in there by moving it all out of my uterus and into the lab, and it may be easier to find the fortitude to keep going if we find there's basically nothing wrong (or we may find it's easier to stop and move on with our lives if we find there's a concrete reason for our situation). But on the other hand, who am I kidding? We all go into IVF because we want to have a baby.

Bleh. It's definitely a downer day at our house.

Lou, I am so sorry about your dad! I pray they'll find the primary cancer soon and that it turns out to be something really easy to treat. My dad was just diagnosed with prostate cancer this week, so I am right there with you, honey.... :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Butterfly, it sounds like this birthday is one we should just bid good riddance to. :hugs: Lurk as long as you need to but know we're all here for you when you need a shoulder or a hug. :hugs::hugs:

AFM, DH is having a really hard time with this break. He's been really down all week and he finally had a complete meltdown yesterday. He said he just feels hopeless now, that when we're moving from one treatment right into the next, he can focus on that, that surely the next one will work, and now he doesn't know what to do. He just feels lost.

He said a few days ago that he thinks he wants to start IVF after our break. I mostly agree with him, it just scares me. I can accept one round, I can accept spending that kind of money. But I know that statistically we need to be prepared to go three rounds, and I cannot get my head around spending enough for three rounds. My counselor keeps reminding me to view IVF as a diagnostic test that *may* result in a baby (because over 60% of IVF cycles don't result in a baby, and we don't need to feel like more of a failure than we already do). On one hand I agree with her - I know we could learn a lot about what exactly is going on in there by moving it all out of my uterus and into the lab, and it may be easier to find the fortitude to keep going if we find there's basically nothing wrong (or we may find it's easier to stop and move on with our lives if we find there's a concrete reason for our situation). But on the other hand, who am I kidding? We all go into IVF because we want to have a baby.

Bleh. It's definitely a downer day at our house.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Purple, I was so, so sorry to read this and I so feel for you honey :hugs:. I can understand why you want your parents close to you, you will feel happier knowing that they are near and that you can give them your support. It's such a scary time :hugs::hugs::hugs:. I will be thinking about you, lovely.

HA, big :hugs: for you and your OH. Sounds like you're going through a really stressful time.

Butterfly, aw sorry your birthday wasn't as happy as it should have been :hugs:.

NS, how exciting - a new puppy! What are you getting? Can't wait to see pics!

AFM, I haven't been on this thread for a while so will have to read back and have a big catch up! Not much to report here, onto cycle #3 of TTC and have a FS appointment next week - nervous but hoping it will give us some answers.

Love to y'all :kiss:.

Lou....so sorry to that your dad is poorly, hoping the scan shows the primary cancer and it is treatable :hugs:

HA...sorry about your dad too :hugs: and also your DH struggling with where to go next. Massive :hugs:

Butterfly...sorry the hag came and your birthday was a letdown :hugs:

NS...a puppy :happydance: exciting eh? I love my fur babies tooo much :blush:

Keekee...good luck this cycle :dust:

Dwrgi....you ok hun?

OMM....hi and :hugs:

Hope everyone is ok :hugs:

XxX

Where is the group hug emoticon when you need it? Twinkle ... was that your creation?

Keekee & ND, love your avatars!

Lou, I'm so sorry about your dad. I don't know what the implications would be, I hope it's not as bad as you are fearing. He might need to have an intensive tx period. I think closer your parents are the better for all of you. It will be so much easier for you to support and help both of them physically and emotionally. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: We will all be waiting for news from his next appointment. When is it? I wish I could come and give u a hug...

Butterfly I know you had a dampener on your birthday but I still wanna celebrate it. Happy Birthday sweetie :cake:

Ha, you and DH is going through a rough time once more. :hugs::hugs: Decision making is really a difficult time. As your DH feels once you make the decision it will be much easier cause you will be focused and hopeful. Best way to save money on IVF is to go for a better performing clinic. The less IVF's you have the better it is economically and psychologiaclly. :dust::dust: and :hugs::hugs: for both your DH and you.

Missy how's it going? Sorry I haven't been around much lately. :kiss::kiss: :dust::dust: So much good luck and I'm blowing a lot of baby dust your way.

Neversaynever, I got so happy reading your news. You are once more in a worrying period but it is new hope and we all believe this will be your healthy baby in 9 months. :kiss::kiss::hugs::hugs: Sweetie I'm sending you loads of sticky dust :dust::dust:

Debs :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: if you are lurking. I hope you and DH are at a better place. xxxxxx

NS a sweet little puppy. How exciting. What dogs do you already have and what will you get? A boy or a girl? My heart melts even by the thought of a little furbaby. I really want another baby chichi but it's just a dream at the mo. Please add photos once you get it.

Laura, FM, Carole, Keeky (nice to hear from u), Nikki, Twinkie, Amanda :kiss:, Chris :hi: and lot's of love

AFM I didn't have time to catch up properly. Finally got the bathroom done. The flat is full of dust everywhere but it looks great. Also got some fabric to get the sofa reupholstered. Still some work to do but at least most big jobs are done. Still can't stop worrying but the weekends make me happy cause my weekly milestone is Mondays. So every Monday I know Shirin's a bit more plump. Dunno what those xmass nuts I've been munching on are gonna do to me afterwards but I don't care at this point.

Girls lot's and lots of love to you all. xxx

Butterfly - Happy belated birthday!! *hugs*

Purple - I'm so sorry about your dad. I hope it's not as bad as they are thinking and that he's better soon. I also hope that they continue their move closer to you because I agree with the other ladies - I think it will be a comfort to you to have them closer.

HA - *hugs* It's a tough place to be in. Whatever decision you make, my thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Never - I'm just so thrilled about your news! I'm praying it's a sticky bean for you and that you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Skye - Glad things are going well and that you are getting closer! :)

AFM - I'm down another 5 pounds. My psoriasis is really clearing up with the ointments that I've been using - who knew I'd have clear smooth skin again? :) Not much else going on.... I'm just anxious for it to be Monday so we can get our SA and u/s test results!

ladies - thank you so much, I felt a bit better after typing it all out to be honest. I think you are all right - having my parents closer will be such a relief, becuase I will be able to help, and also see them very much more often.
HA - I am thinking of you too and hoping your dad will be fine :hugs: :hugs: It is such a worrying time, when our parents (who have always been OUR "caretakers") need our help.

I'm happy though to hear all of your news ladies, new puppy, bathroom complete (boo for the dust) and appointments coming up (hope you have good news Keekee) also that all the baies are doing so well :)
I am sad that a few of us are struggling though (and our DH's too)

I am thinking of you all and sending :dust: and :hugs: to you all (and especially thinking of never and missy right now )

Ladies I'm getting a little girl Cairn Terrier, I already have a little Shih Tsu/toy poodle cross, but he lives with my mum and dad, they got too attached to him when I was staying there after I split with my husband, and really wanted to keep him. My dad's not in such good health these days, and my little dog really cheers him up, so I've left him there :cry: I get access visits about once a month.

Purple and HA, my heart goes out to you ladies, and my prayers are with your dads. Purple you have to insist that they move, i know for me being close to my parents was a blessing when my dad was diagnosed with cancer, so i really think they need to do the move.

HA honey i am sorry your DH feels so lost, its so hard to decided, but i really think you should go for the IVF, if you dont you will always kick yourself for not at least trying.

My love to all you ladies, we really need some good news in here!!

Butterfly sorry the witch got you, and on your birthday no less, the nerve of her!!:hugs:

Ladies I'm getting a little girl Cairn Terrier, I already have a little Shih Tsu/toy poodle cross, but he lives with my mum and dad, they got too attached to him when I was staying there after I split with my husband, and really wanted to keep him. My dad's not in such good health these days, and my little dog really cheers him up, so I've left him there :cry: I get access visits about once a month.

I hope you post pics when you get your little Cairn Terrier!! I'm sorry your Shih Tsu got appropriated, but that's awesome of you to make that sacrifice so that your dad can have happier days!! *hugs* I know how hard that must have been.

@Purple - yeah. My parents talk about their wills every so often, and while I know it's a sensible conversation to have, it's not something I want to hear about ever! They've been a foundation of my life and I can't imagine them not being there. Have you been able to talk to them any more about the move?

Hey Girls, I'm Zoe, joined B&B when I first came off of the BCP, due to various things not been seriously TTC until the last couple of months, I'm 35 (36 in April) so thinking if it doesn't happen soon I'll be out of time! Leaving it so late in life was purely lifestyle choice
Currently I'm at CD 31 of a 28 day cycle, cramps by no bleed, too scared to test in case if negative

So pleased to meet you all! x

Hey Girls, I'm Zoe, joined B&B when I first came off of the BCP, due to various things not been seriously TTC until the last couple of months, I'm 35 (36 in April) so thinking if it doesn't happen soon I'll be out of time! Leaving it so late in life was purely lifestyle choice
Currently I'm at CD 31 of a 28 day cycle, cramps by no bleed, too scared to test in case if negative

So pleased to meet you all! x

Welcome Zoe, I'm also in Suffolk :hugs:

I guess i would say this but I don't think that 35/36 is in any way too late! Are you temping or OPKing? If so is your temp up or your LP now longer than normal? Well I guess really the only way you would know is if you test. It would show up pretty clear by now but I guess I just can't get my head round the not testing thing lol :wacko:

Anyway, good luck if you do decide to test :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->