TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Missy-you have come so far, you have to hold on to your positivity for just a little bit more!! I so admire your strength and determination over the past few weeks, you have been a true inspiration, and you WILL get your BFP, you mark my words!

I think it's a good idea to do your own test first, and this seems to be the consensus, so do what feels instinctively right. I am keeping all my fingers crossed for you and am willing you your BFP! Huge hugs winging their way across 'The Pond' hun!

Oh dear, our men just don't get it, do they? I think you have a lot of responsibility to shoulder, and, unless the situation was reversed, your DH will never know what it is to walk in your shoes. My OH asked me tonight how I would feel about donor eggs, and I asked him how he would feel about donor sperm.... (we have that sort of tit for tat mature relationship thing going on), and he hesitated and hummed and haaed, before he said it wouldn't bother him.... But, he had to think about it, and just assumed I'd be happy to do donor eggs.... They just don't think, I guess is the message that I'm trying to make.

Your DH must understand and come to terms with the cost of things, and just forget the bike for a certain amount of time. Easier said than done... Change your account password hun, that will sort the problem!!! Or hide the keys to the bike so he can't use the blooming thing anyway..... "Oh, have you lost the keys, hunny??? Well, where could they POSSIBLY be....????? Hmmmmm......?" Cue evil laugh as you mentally consider the safe hiding place that you have stowed said keys!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Twinkle-I read that report and it makes me absolutely livid. And yet again we come back to this Greek idea that life is just not meant to be fair, and the sooner we get used to it, the better. :growlmad:

If you need a laugh, and possibly may share my silly humour, I have an ancient joke that always tickles me as I come from a farming background-Did you hear about the magic tractor? It turned into a field!!!!

Enough, enough..... I had a complete meltdown tonight, which has been building for days. Coming up to ovulation, I'm covered in zits (thanks DHEA), am definitely hairer around the chin region (again, thank you DHEA), have had a stinking headache since last Friday, am up to my eyeballs in marking and super full timetable (bar stewards), blah blah blah.... it also happens to be a full moon, and that is trouble for a Cancerian.... So, I huffed and I puffed and I blubbed the whole house down...... I am now in bed with a hot water bottle, and Gwydion and Rubes.....

Hope you're all feeling a little bit better than me!

Love to you all, and huge TONNES of :dust: to you all too! We will get there, I am sure of it!!

Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi, you just made me tear up. I'm glad you wrote that post because you are giving me the strength to stay positive even though I've been feeling a bit down the past couple of days. I think I need to watch a lot of comedies this weekend. Thank God that winter is coming up and it'll be too cold for DH to ride his motorcycle anyway. :haha: DH and I talked about donor sperm before and he was open to it. I think its because he has a kid though. I see where you are coming from though. Has your RE suggested donor eggs or donor sperm? I know what you mean about DHEA. Its given me nasty zits as well.

dear Dwrgi - if I were closer i would give you the biggest hug, just because! You never know, if you can cultivate a nice beard, you might start a whole new fashion. also perhaps others will think you are supprting "Movember" (https://uk.movember.com/about)

missy - you are allowed a melt down, actually you are allowed as many as you want/need. you are doing so well, I would be a complete nut-job by this point if I were you :hugs: not long now to wait xxxx

Missy...I know some people who have the HCG trigger shot test daily to test the decrease in HCG, I don't know about IVF. I would be like OMM and test beforehand and I think HA does too so you know first hand if that makes sense? :hugs:

Twinkle..:hugs:

Dwrgi and Purple...love the names of your pooches :hugs:

Hope everyone is doing ok :hugs:

AFM....
I am back on PAL roller coaster :wacko: got my BFP last night and in denial. I really was worried posting this in here as I know Pad and HA had negatives over the last few days and Missy has her testing coming up. I just didn't want to not tell you but not rub noses in.

XxX
Awwwww honey OMG what wonderful news!!!!! I am praying very very hard for this one to stick stick stick and grow!!!! :hugs:

Purple, I'm trying to hold it together as best I could. I did have a mini-meltdown yesterday when I checked our bank account online yesterday and saw that DH keeps buying motorcycle parts. :hissy: I started crying in front of him and told him if this cycle doesn't work we're going to have to pay for meds out of pocket all over again. I don't know why I can't get it through to him that this isn't the time to be spending money on hobbies and extras to soop up his bike and make it look pretty. I just get so annoyed with him sometimes because he doesn't understand how I feel because he already has a child. I'm the bread winner in the family and ultimately I feel like most of this falls on me. But other than that, I've gone through 2 positive thinking books, putting time aside each day to pray and watching a lot of comedies. I also got a picture of my embies from the transfer and I put that pic in a frame and look at it each day and think about my babies growing inside of me.

OMM, I agree that I don't want to hear the news at work. I know I'll have a breakdown here at work and start crying if its not the news I want to hear. That is why I rather test the night before and be emotional at home. I guess I'm starting to get nervous. And I'm afraid to tell anyone my test date. :shy:

:hugs: Honey there is nothing wrong with keeping your test date a secret, i will just keep sending you lots of love and prayers and hugs!!!!

Missy...I know some people who have the HCG trigger shot test daily to test the decrease in HCG, I don't know about IVF. I would be like OMM and test beforehand and I think HA does too so you know first hand if that makes sense? :hugs:

AFM....
I am back on PAL roller coaster :wacko: got my BFP last night and in denial. I really was worried posting this in here as I know Pad and HA had negatives over the last few days and Missy has her testing coming up. I just didn't want to not tell you but not rub noses in.

XxX

First off, huge huge :hugs: to you!! Thank you for being concerned and sensitive to our feelings, but I think we've all discussed before how different it feels when one of us gets good news - I am nothing but happy for you. :hugs::hugs:

I never actually go in for a beta - I only poas. I figure one poas is a helluva lot cheaper than a beta or two, and it tells me the same thing. Plus, like you've all said, I'd rather find out for myself than hear it on a phone call. The one treatment cycle when we got a BFP I went in for betas after poas, but otherwise I don't bother with them. I've also never tested out the trigger (tested until it turns negative), but the general consensus seems to be it lasts about 10 days. And Missy, I for one completely understand the desire to keep the testing date to yourself. :hugs:

I LOVE having a meltdown now and then. If I don't have one every few weeks, I feel off. :wacko: Seriously, just had one yesterday, coming to grips with the BFN and the break and everything it means. I always feel better afterward. As long as I don't feel that way more days than not, I don't worry about it.

Dwrgi, I LOVED your reply to your DH about how would he feel re donor sperm - BRILLIANT answer!! I don't think it's tit for tat so much as it is just a good way of putting him in your shoes for a moment and making him realize it's not an automatic decision.

Love you, ladies. Have a good night. xoxo

Never, as said on your journal, fantastic news :dance: and I have a good feeling about this one :hugs:

Missyt and FM I also had a major meltdown yesterday, I wonder if it was the full moon :wacko:

Missy, have everything crossed for you, whenever it might be that you are testing :haha:

AFM feeling a bit better today after yesterday's meltdown but am 44 today and feel that is bringing things to an end, especially as the :witch: should turn up in a few hours :nope:

Happy Birthday Butterfly xxx

Never - I told you it was different when it's one of us - we know the struggles we've all been through! Congratulations!! xxx

It must be the full moon as I had a melt down too - my cottage pie being dry doesn't normally end up with me sobbing on the kitchen floor!!! ;)

Ladies lots of :hugs: to you all :hugs:

Never - as said in your journal I am so happy for you :)

Butterfly
https://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1s0wWH6SUGKHiN6b1XqoRVM_sl7H0N9utWyxYsuubDR4AbHaAPA

To Butterfly

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy Birthday to Butterfly
Happy birthday to you!!

Hip hip HOORRAY!!

Have a great day hun! Being 44 doesn't mean you can't get pregnant!!!

:cake::hi::awww::yipee::friends::headspin::hugs2::drunk::drunk::icecream::juggle::fool::wohoo::wohoo::bunny:

Happy birthday, Butterfly!! :cake: I know it's hard to feel good about birthdays when we're ttc, but I'm going to celebrate that you're here in our lives and so I'm glad you were born. xoxo

AFM....

XxX

Hey Never this is fantastic news, I am overjoyed for you. I am sure everyone else here feels the same as I remember how I lived for people getting their BFP's as it always gave me hope that I could be next.

I know that the next few weeks will not be easy for you due to your previous losses but you have to believe that this one is for keeps and that this is your time. I will be praying for you honey and look forward to your updates:hugs:

Happy Birthday Butterfly and really 44 is just a number my Mum fell pregnant unexpectedly at this age with my baby sister so it could still happen for you:hugs:

:cake::cake::juggle::icecream::wohoo::bunny::wave::dance:

Happy Birthday, Butterfly! I hope it's a wonderful birthday weekend and an amazing year!

Aw thanks so much for your messages ladies, and HA you made me :cry: (in a nice way lol)! Big :hug: to all of you amazing ladies.

Never, as said on your journal, fantastic news :dance: and I have a good feeling about this one :hugs:

Missyt and FM I also had a major meltdown yesterday, I wonder if it was the full moon :wacko:

Missy, have everything crossed for you, whenever it might be that you are testing :haha:

AFM feeling a bit better today after yesterday's meltdown but am 44 today and feel that is bringing things to an end, especially as the :witch: should turn up in a few hours :nope:

Awwww Happy Birthday Butterfly, welcome to the 44's i know how hard it is, still have that little tiny flicker of hope though, hey if the 19 kids and counting mom can get pg at 45 we can do it at 44 right lol. Sending you tons of hugs, and i am praying that your birthday is very special!!:hugs:

Awwww Happy Birthday Butterfly, welcome to the 44's i know how hard it is, still have that little tiny flicker of hope though, hey if the 19 kids and counting mom can get pg at 45 we can do it at 44 right lol. Sending you tons of hugs, and i am praying that your birthday is very special!!:hugs:

Aww thanks honey, hope you are doing OK :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Ladies i am sending you all tons of hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: i am sorry all of you are having meltdowns, i wish i could make all of our dreams come true. AFM no meltdowns, which is amazing since i know we cant get pg, and now vacation is lost too, but hey maybe i will get lucky tonight, DH is going to get some lottery tickets, and since its 11/11/11 maybe just maybe the Gods will be good lol. I love all you ladies, and i hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->