TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

dwrgi, what prompted you to get tested for candida? It seems so common now. I hear about it all the time. That is great news that you are getting it under control. BTW, I went out and got some Royal Jelly today. How much do you take per day?

Pad, thanks for popping in. It really means a lot.

Purple, I love your new pic! Fx'd for your dad. I hope all goes well.

Hi Missy,

How are you? I hope that you are feeling a bit better after your 'Me' day! Attagirl! You need to take 500mg of Royal Jelly 3 times a day, so 1500 mg in total. Hopefully, it will improve these "old" eggs of ours! I went to the allergy tester as I often get really bunged up when I have just a hint of wine or cider (my fav), and thought there might be an issue with something in my system. I tested fine with most allergens, gluten, dairy, etc. but had some issues with sugar and specifically lactose. She then found evidence of the candida, which craves sugary products. I had all the classic symptoms-irritability (ha ha), depression, PMT, and had been on the pill for years which can cause it, yada yada. The strange thing is that I really can take or leave chocolate now, where I could eat tonnes of it before. The allergy person said that you will always have a certain amount of yeast in your body, but that if it is allowed to get out of control, then that is when it causes problems. Who knows if it will help with TTC, but it can't harm can it? Btw, she also didn't advocate a strict candida diet with TTC-instead, to take positive bacteria tablets and a concentrated cranberry powder, and that's done the trick. I've also upped my intake of positive bacteria yoghurt and snacking on nuts and seeds instead of sugar loaded health bars. I know that I had gained half a stone last year in the thought that it might helpo me conceive (of course, it didn't), and now I have lost 4-5 pounds without even trying to 'diet' which is always a result.

Anyway, sorry for the loooooooooooooong post.

Have you decided what to do re. cycle 2??

Hope you're okay hun,
Lots of love
Axxx

Purple-how are you chick??
FM-yooooooooooo hooooooooooo! Where are you??????
Pad-how are you hun? I think about you often. Please get in touch if you need to vent.
Skye-I am going to send out a search party! Where are you?
Lave-how are you? Hope you had a good weekend?
Macwooly-how are you? How's your back? I hope it is better..
Dodger-good luck with testing. Fingers crossed for you!
Butterfly-did you have a good weekend, hun?
HA-how are you? I hope you are okay?
OMM-how's life hun? Thinking of you!
Carole-how's it in sunny Bahrain? I hope that you and little bubba are doing great.
NorthStar-I love your Avatar pic! They look very tempting! Hope you're okay?

If there's anybody I've missed, I'm very sorry! Love to you all and let's all have a great week!

Lots of :dust::dust::dust: to us all!

Thanks Dwrgi! My temp jumped up today and FF moved my O day to CD11 (from CD10), but I'm not sure that I believe it. CD10 just seems more likely of a day to me... lol I guess we'll see what the next few days temps do. Either way, I think things are looking really good and I love seeing my temp go up!

Hello everyone,

I just turned 35 this month and we've been tyring for 15 or 16 months. I went this summer to a OB/GYN and got bloodwork at CD3, & 21. Also got ultrasound a couple of days before O and had a HSG in Sept. My DH also had his SA this summer.

All of our results are normal and I have never had a BFP. I am pretty disheartened but I am not sure what to do at this point. I stopped charting temps regularly since I was becoming a little too obsessive and at this point I pretty much know that I will O on CD 16 or 17. I am using CBFM, only a couple of months though and it is easier than temping especially since my dog likes to get me up around 3am and disrupt my sleep.

Anyways, I just wanted to poke my head in here and say hi.

flangel - welcome! I hope your stay is short. How frustrating to unexplained fertility!

Welcome Flangel, I stopped temping and it worked for me :shrug:
Seriously a lucky go I'd say

Really saddened to hear Missys news :(

Dwrgi biology post went totally over my head!

Hope you're all ok?
x

Where is everybody? It's soooooo quiet on here!

Hope everybody is okay?
xxx

:hi: A, I'm here! Just got back from my one day only trip to London this month and managed to get the timing just right as I got a really dark OPK this morning, so I am IN for December lol :happydance:

:hi: flangel - and welcome :)

How is everyone else doing??

Butterfly, well done for timing! Ill keep my fingers crossed for you xx

Dwrgi - Im here :hi: I just read that you lost 4 or 5 lbs just with - changing your diet a little - well done!!

Missy - how are you feeling sweetie?? I hope you are doing ok?

HA - How are you doing? and DH? and your dad?? I am thinking about you xx

Zoe - are you feeling well?? hope so x

Dodger - hows everything??and how are the symptoms?? Im keeping fingers crossed for you xx

and how are you ladies - skye and lava and carole? I hope those babies are being good for you!

bug :hugs: to wooly, twinkle, northstar (your cakes look yummy in your avatar) OMM and FM and pad (if you might be lurking) also keekee and anyone I have missed (so sorry)

afm - well me and DH are here in misty Norfolk, its chilly but nice. poor dad hasn't really been able to get out much because he is too much pain from his ankle/hip, however last night I mentioned hiring a wheelchair and he did not fight it (which is unusual for him) so we got one today and have been to the seaside for a lovely long walk and then lunch out and I think it's done mum and dad the world of good, plus mum will keep the chair and be able to push him to the shops etc which will be good. I got to speak to his ortho doc yesterday on the phone who told me the scan had shown metastatic cancer in his spine, hips/pelvis and ankle, also adrenal glad and a spot in his lung - which he thinks is probably the primary cancer. this is not good news because the cancer will be classed as stage 4, but he will be seeing an olcologist next and there may be some treatment which help his pain and keep him going a bit and me and mum have had a good chat about how we will be able to look after him, which has also helped my mum. they haven't been sleeping well, but since we arrived they have both slept better which is great as I think we have been able to take some of the worry from them... anyway sorry for the huge essay, and thank you for thinking of me, big loves to you all xxxxx

Dwrgi, thanks for the post. I'm back on DHEA and started royal jelly. I have a follow up with the RE next Thursday to discuss my next cycle. I know I don't want anything to fall over the Christmas holiday because this is the first time in 4 years I get to spend Christmas with my family. I guess I'll start another cycle in January sometime. I'm still a little down but I need to get my PMA back up again. I actually made an appointment with a therapist. I told myself that if this cycle didn't work that I could do that.

Flangel, welcome! I'm unexplained as well. I've recently been reading that something in your past and emotions towards it can hold you back from conceiving. I'm about to explore that since I've been almost 2 years TTC. Its worth a shot.

Butterfly, Yah for the dark line!!!

Purple, we crossed posts. I'm glad you are there with your dad. You are a good daughter for being there to help. I hope that you gets better. I read in a book recently that when you are going through a tough time (like TTC) its good to help other who are in need too. It takes your mind off your own problems and it makes you feel good for helping someone out.

Purple, so glad you were able to help your Mum and Dad out and ease your Mum's worries a bit :hugs::hugs::hugs:

thanks ladies, I feel loads better being able to visit with them, and I have to say my DH is a star! he has entertained mum and dad and taken my parents minds off their troubles and just been generally wonderful xxx

Purple - I'm so glad that you are there with your parents and able to help them feel better. That's so huge in the mending of the body and hopefully he'll be better able to fight the cancer. When should they be moving to the closer location?

Missy - Oh that's very interesting about the possibility of something in your past holding you back! How crazy would that be? I'm glad to see that your current feeling is inspired. *hugs*

Dodger - hows everything??and how are the symptoms?? Im keeping fingers crossed for you xx

I keep adding to the list. lol Yesterday in the morning I noticed for the first time in my life that my nipples were sensitive to the touch. Last night I had slight cramps, lower back aches, achy upper legs, and felt bloated - basically everything I would usually feel during a period. I was also exhausted. All possible positive signs, but all signs that could be other things. lol

Yesterdays temp skyrocketing like it did, and today's staying up in the same area, could very well mean that my body didn't o when FF originally predicted, but instead o'd a couple of days ago. I'm not too worried from the BD aspect since we like to practice and practice usually every other day or so, but I still have to say that I have a gut feeling that tells me I o'd early. Maybe that's just my gut lying to me and telling me what I want to hear though. lol IDK, that spotting on Sunday just has me convinced that it's implantation blood. Only time will tell though right? :shrug:

Regardless of when it happens, my chart does still give every indication that my body is now doing what it's supposed to so that makes me a very happy camper! :)

Dodger, its a good chance its implantation bleeding. :thumbup: Good luck!

I think so too and I only barely kept myself from testing today. lol I know that tests can be kinda slow for pcos ladies, so I'm really hoping that I'm pregnant and that I'm the exception to the trend!

Good luck, Dodger. Got my fingers crossed for you.

Purple,
So glad you are with your family!! That trip to the seaside sounds lovely & seemed to have lifted your parents' spirits.

If I don't get a chance to check in again today, Happy Thanksgiving to all the ladies Stateside!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->