TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Empty bin is appropriate & I'm looking to fill it. :haha: Thanks for the welcome. :flower:

Hello Empty Bin!! (sorry that is what MTBIM sounds like when I abbreviate it :haha::haha::haha:) :hi: and welcome to this thread! :hugs::hugs:

:haha::haha::haha:

Welcome to the thread Mommytobeisme! I hope you don't have a long stay here! I bet you are excited for your new adventure in Jan/Feb!

Thanks Dodger! :flower: I'm kinda excited? I'm really nervous about DH's follow-up SA. I pray it improves dramatically, especially for his sake/pride. I know he feels really bad about it. :nope:

Welcome MTBIM! Best of luck and good idea to take a break and just enjoy the holidays!

Skye, glad you are feeling better and saw a doctor that was able to comfort your fears. I think its very important for people of authority to be compassionate. Especially doctors that our dealing with fertility and pregnancy.

Purple, I'm hoping your dad is doing okay.

AFM, nothing new other than I go for my follow up with my RE on Thursday to see what our next steps are for our next IVF. I'm definately taking a break over Christmas. Have any of you ever heard of or had mayan abdominal massage? I read about it in a book on holistics alternative to increase fertility. I've scheduled one for next week. Its supposed to help with blood flow in the uterus. Since my cycle went well expect for the embryos not implanting, I figured I could use a little help with my uterus. I've also been told by a couple of doctors that I have a tipped uterus and mayan massage is supposed to align it. We'll see. Its worth a shot.

Missy, I've never heard of it either but I'd never turn down a massage!! :haha: Does a regular massage therapist do this??? I think I have an retroverted uterus, I'll find out in Jan.

Welcome MTBIM! Best of luck and good idea to take a break and just enjoy the holidays!

Skye, glad you are feeling better and saw a doctor that was able to comfort your fears. I think its very important for people of authority to be compassionate. Especially doctors that our dealing with fertility and pregnancy.

Purple, I'm hoping your dad is doing okay.

AFM, nothing new other than I go for my follow up with my RE on Thursday to see what our next steps are for our next IVF. I'm definately taking a break over Christmas. Have any of you ever heard of or had mayan abdominal massage? I read about it in a book on holistics alternative to increase fertility. I've scheduled one for next week. Its supposed to help with blood flow in the uterus. Since my cycle went well expect for the embryos not implanting, I figured I could use a little help with my uterus. I've also been told by a couple of doctors that I have a tipped uterus and mayan massage is supposed to align it. We'll see. Its worth a shot.

Hey Missy, it will be great to have that follow-up-hope it goes well. Prepare al the questions you have, in advance, and make sure you write down what they tell you. The massage sounds fab, although I have also been told that laying a hot water bottle across your uterus/belly area is a good way of directing blood flow to the uterus too. No more than an hour at a time, and definitely not after ovulation.

Hope you're okay?

Love,
Axxxx
:flower::flower:

MTBIM - I love your pic!! https://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/welcome2.gif

MTBIM, you have to find someone who is trained in it. Go to https://www.journeyofthebody.com/my-services#sp8147 to read more about it and to https://www.arvigotherapy.com/ to find a therapist that does it. And like you said, any massage is good so why not give it a shot.

Dwrgi, I'm actually not to confident in this RE. The clinic has other doctors but it seems like all this one does is stress me out more and just look at my bloodwork to see how much meds I should take. He told me to stop running but didn't give me a reason other than he had a patient that ran a lot but when she stopped she got pregnant. Well I recently read that the reason to stop running is because it puts the body in fight of flight mode and turns off the conceiving ability. Why he couldn't give me that explaination I don't know. Also, he told me that they'd drop me from the shared risk program at any time because of my AMH numbers. That totally stressed me out for my 1st cycle. Come to find out, I researched and found out that AMH test is only 70% accurate and highly affected by stress. I took that test right when I got back from taking care of my sick dad that was in hospital and dealing with my brother's alcohol problem. Another thing he told me was that I needed to get my bone density checked because I could have osteoperosis because I put on my forms that I broke 2 bones in my life. Both from injuries. I discussed this with my GP who did test me for everything and she said that was ridiculous he even brought that up because I broke those bones through injuries, not just hitting my hand on the counter. That would mean osteoperosis. She said I'm fine. He also isn't very compassionate and he never remembers my husband's name and he also didn't even know we did 4 IUI's, he thought it was 3 and the information was sitting right in front of him. Then one time when I was supposed to get a call about when to start taking injections, I missed the call and he left me a message saying my pregnancy test was negative. I wasn't even in for a pregnancy test that day. I was in to get my E2 levels checked to see if I should start taking the meds. It was a weekend and I freaked out and had to call the emergency number to see what to do since I had an IUI scheduled. Also, when he did the mock embryo transfer he had a hard time finding my uterus. I told him it was tipped and he found it after that and he said it was the most tipped uterus he's ever seen. Then when I did the actual embryo transfer with a different doctor, I gave him a heads up about my tipped uterus and he said it wasn't all that bad. I guess I just don't have much confidence in him. Unfortunately, he is the doctor out of the sattelite office that is closest to our house. I could ask for another doctor and I told DH that if he says something stupid this time I might just blow up on it. Sorry for the rant. LOL.

MTBIM, you have to find someone who is trained in it. Go to https://www.journeyofthebody.com/my-services#sp8147 to read more about it and to https://www.arvigotherapy.com/ to find a therapist that does it. And like you said, any massage is good so why not give it a shot.

Dwrgi, I'm actually not to confident in this RE. The clinic has other doctors but it seems like all this one does is stress me out more and just look at my bloodwork to see how much meds I should take. He told me to stop running but didn't give me a reason other than he had a patient that ran a lot but when she stopped she got pregnant. Well I recently read that the reason to stop running is because it puts the body in fight of flight mode and turns off the conceiving ability. Why he couldn't give me that explaination I don't know. Also, he told me that they'd drop me from the shared risk program at any time because of my AMH numbers. That totally stressed me out for my 1st cycle. Come to find out, I researched and found out that AMH test is only 70% accurate and highly affected by stress. I took that test right when I got back from taking care of my sick dad that was in hospital and dealing with my brother's alcohol problem. Another thing he told me was that I needed to get my bone density checked because I could have osteoperosis because I put on my forms that I broke 2 bones in my life. Both from injuries. I discussed this with my GP who did test me for everything and she said that was ridiculous he even brought that up because I broke those bones through injuries, not just hitting my hand on the counter. That would mean osteoperosis. She said I'm fine. He also isn't very compassionate and he never remembers my husband's name and he also didn't even know we did 4 IUI's, he thought it was 3 and the information was sitting right in front of him. Then one time when I was supposed to get a call about when to start taking injections, I missed the call and he left me a message saying my pregnancy test was negative. I wasn't even in for a pregnancy test that day. I was in to get my E2 levels checked to see if I should start taking the meds. It was a weekend and I freaked out and had to call the emergency number to see what to do since I had an IUI scheduled. Also, when he did the mock embryo transfer he had a hard time finding my uterus. I told him it was tipped and he found it after that and he said it was the most tipped uterus he's ever seen. Then when I did the actual embryo transfer with a different doctor, I gave him a heads up about my tipped uterus and he said it wasn't all that bad. I guess I just don't have much confidence in him. Unfortunately, he is the doctor out of the sattelite office that is closest to our house. I could ask for another doctor and I told DH that if he says something stupid this time I might just blow up on it. Sorry for the rant. LOL.

Hey Missy, it is good to have a rant, and get it all out! Hopeless to keep it bottled up. It sounds as if the RE that you have is pretty rubbish-to so blatantly have got so many things wrong! How on earth can you trust this guy? The thing is, this is such a huge deal, the business of IVF, you have to feel that your medical consultants KNOW what they're doing and have your best interests at heart. This guy doesn't sound as if he knows his ar&e from his elbow, let alone anything else. The unfortunate thing is that he is the guy assigned to your nearest clinic-there must be some way that you can complain on the grounds of a lack of confidence and get somebody else? I know that you will feel happier. It might even be worth discussing all of your concerns with him? Lay it out on the line? Anyway, you do have my sympathy, but you have to do what is right for you!

Good luck with the massage!

Thinking of you,
Axxxxxx

Hmm, Missy, definitely sounds like if you can get a new RE maybe you should :growlmad: :hugs::hugs:

missy - that's not good about your RE. sometimes I wonder how these people ever became doctors, or why!?! maybe you should lay it all out for him because maybe he's just become lazy and will buck up his ideas up. I hope so.
the massge sounds wonderful though !

Dwrgi - bahh!! for that bloody witch! :hugs: she is just not invited!!

welcome Mommytobeisme - I hope you stay here is short and sweet :) I love your pic

ladies I have to say a huge thank you to you all and send massive :hugs: because dad had a good (ish) appt today, so again thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. the news still isn't great but the docotr thinks his cancer started as malignant melanoma (which he had 20 years ago) and that is has come back in his bones and elsewhere. It is not curable but the doctor thinks that he will be able to have chmotherapy to manage pain and extend his life, also the staff at the hospital were quite helpful re the move and mum phoned the cancer unit local to me and had a lovely chat with a nurse there who told her how to get his care transferred and reasurred her that there is no waiting list and that they are a friendly bunch there (which I already had heard) there is a biopsy that needs doing which hopefully should be fairly soon, then they are planning to move - initially to stay with us over Christmas and then we will start organising their home and making it lovely (as it's all a bit dated and needs decorating) I feel so much better. Thank you all so much for putting up with me and for your lovely messages (I realise this is not a cancer support group board) you have all been wonderful and kept me sane.

Now all we need is for ALL of us to get those sticky beans! :dust: :dust:

Purple, completely understand about your dad. My dad was sick in September and we didn't know if he would pull through. Family is very important and that is why all of us are on this site, because we all want a family. Still praying for your dad. I hope all goes well.

Lou, glad to hear that your dad's appointment went well, and that they are still able to move to be closer to you and DH, it is great that you can help them with the house, and once they are settled you will be able to spend a lot more time with them :hugs:

Hello girls. I hope everyone is doing well. I can't believe that tomorrow will be my one year anniversary of joining BnB.

Missy, I know when I joined that I didn't expect to be in this situation still now and I guess you are the same so I really hope that by this time next year you will either have, or be close to having, your :baby: in your arms :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey ladies I have been MIA/Lurking and I'm sorry. Af showed sunday just like clockwork and my dh and I have decided not to pursue IVF any further right now, instead we are going to concentrate on adoption. I have reached my ttc limit, I don't really want to be poked and prodded anymore right now. We are going to proceed with having the scar tissue in my uterus removed and after that it's going to be ntnp. It's been a long 4 years and I have finally reached my breaking point. We have already started gathering information on adoption agencies so looks like my path is changing. I will keep you all posted.

I'm so sorry that this is a me, me, me post. I promise to do better and keep up with posting from now on.

Hi FM, it is good that you and your DH have made that decision and that you can now move on and know that things will work out for you. I think adoption is very exciting and the chance to give a better life to a child is brilliant. I wish you lots of luck and look forward to hearing how it goes for you :hugs::hugs:

Hi all. FM, I'm sorry that it has been such a rough road for you but I think your future plans are wonderful. :hugs:

Missy, I agree with the other ladies that you need to call out this RE on his bs. Explain what you are feeling and let him know what your expectations are of him. If he doesn't think he can meet them, I'd find another. TTC is way too hard and stressful to add a doc that doesn't seem to be all that with it. :hugs: FX'd your BFP is NOW! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->