TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi ladies, Ive been MIA over the weekend, so busy with this and that!

Missy - I am so happy you have found a good place for a second opinion :) it will be interesting when you see your medical notes what has been written about your embies!

Lava - it is interesting about diminished ovarian reserve - you explained it so nicely, thank you. what a shame some places use it as a barrier to treatment. how are those twins treating you?? and do you have everything ready for them?

HA - hope you are are having a restful time! big :hugs:

Skye - you are so good, you write these amazing posts with loads of information! you should write a book on the TTC subject!!

dwrgi - how are you doing hun?? I saw the weather forcast for Wales and it looked sooo chilly! I am not a fan of the cold (especially the snow) but I think it's on it's way.

FM - how does the adoption process work in the US, how exciting to be embarking on this new journey!

titi - :hi: nice to see you. you are so brave to wait till Christmas eve to get all your shopping done! I wouldn't have the nerve. it sounds much nicer to do it early then have a lovely relaxing Christmas eve :)

Twinkle - I forgot to ask you.....did you have a lovely time in exotic Kiddeminster?? lol. and how are you doing?? I was wondering how the burlesque is going??

MTBIM - I think I saw you were going to see an autopsy. I went too when I was training (Im a nurse) it was quite smelly!! but hugely intersting to see how everything actually looks. what do you do?

Dodger - how are you feeling hun?? Im so happy for you :hugs: are you still having bloods today??

never & pad & OMM - big huge 'ole loves to you ladies, I am thinking of you xxx

to all the lovely ladies I haven't mentioned - northstar (did you get that puppy??) wooly (Hope your ok?) forever, bear and any other lurkers - big :hugs: to you xxx

afm - it's too cold!! I have today and a half day tommorrow then we are off till next week for our long weekend away. I have a few jobs to do at home - like find the Christmas decorations in the loft and get my spare room all ready for my parents so it's comfy and cosy. and some packing. cbfm says low, so we are gearing up for the highs and peaks!

Good morning everybody,

How are you all? I hope you had a great weekend? How many Christmas trees went up this weekend?? Isn't this a lovely time of year? Titi-I'm glad that you aim to get your Christmas shopping done early-it's hugely stressful leaving it, and this way the thought of relaxing on Christmas Eve is far more appealing! Good luck to you!

Missy-I think that Skye and Lava have given you great advice over the weekend, and I really hope that now you can put Plan B into action. It sounds like a really good plan. It is also so reassuring when you are given good reviews about centres by different people, and this Johns Hopkins sounds ideal. I think that Skye's advice is good re. researching its success rates, but I think it is always a good indicator when more than one person gives it a good recommendation. I agree that it is too early to give up on your dream of having yoru own child-you have to exhaust every avenue before you get to that stage, and you've only just started so hang on in there! The thing is, that all this 'doing' is getting you closer-not doing anything, like me at the momentm, is getting me nowhere and I am hugely frustrated by that. But you sound very dynamic, which is just what you need to be! Good luck hun, I'm thinking of you, and sending big hugs across the pond. :hugs:

Lava-it's so useful to read your words, and to remember how pro-active you were in your treatment. You are definitely an inspirtaion and I'm taking a lot from that. I have learnt such a lot since starting my treatment and know that on cycle 2 I shall be FAR more proactive, especially as my instrincts were telling me that they left my stimms go on too long, and when it came to EC, where were those follies?? I think they had over-cooked and gone. Anyway, I hope that you are taking it easy and I bet you're looking forward to meeting L&L! Lots of love to you, Axxx

Skyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye-you are brilliant! Please, don't ever leave us. So full of good advice. Hope you're okay-any mince pies yet today??? I'm going to make an appointment with my GP, and go over my treatment to date and see if we have missed anything. Lots of love to you, Axx

Purple-hope you have a good day off! It will be lovely to get your spare room sorted for your parents. Hmm, the CBFM suggests that you may need to rest while you can!! Good luck for the forthcoming ovulation cycle-how romantic if it were to happen whilst you were having your romantic break!! Fingers crossed for you!

Hi to everybody else, Butterfly, FM, HA, OMM, Pad, Never (how are you hun? I'm thinking of you, and sending big hugs), Carole, North Star, Twinkle, Keekee, Manuiti, MTBiM, Dodger, Ginger (I know you're out there), and anybody I might have missed.

Me and Him went to see husky racing on Saturday-OMG, the dogs were sooooo beautiful (not as beautiful as ours, though, obviously), and sooooo friendly and sweet. I want my dad to build me a rig so I can go racing with mine through the Welsh forestry!! I got quite sad in the supermarket afterwards (of all places) as mothers and toddlers were everywhere, and it occured to me that I may never be a mother, that I am infertile. I spoke to Alun about this afterwards, but I am 100% convinced that our men don't really get it... He made all the right noises, but still... Anyway, I need a focus, as I always thought my focus would be to be a mother, but I need to find something else so that I don't have this huge void in my life, and husky racing, or golf, or something needs to be it...!

Enough about me, let's all of us have a great week (Duran Duran concert on Thursday-yay, can't wait!), and let's bring on these BFPs!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrigi! Have fun at the Duran Duran concert. So excited, loves them. My coworker said to me just last week "I thought there was only one guy in DD, and that he was dead! :cry: I had to explain all the band members, why all the Taylors, and what not. I would so be there with you!

AFM, just waiting for the witch. Temps dropping, cramping, sore boobs, etc. I am blessed in many ways, and I'm so happy I'm getting healthier (which I can tell from my temps over the past months). I think I've seen enough positives to go another round of the TCM/Naturapath/Massage treatment (that is, if my acupuncturist doesn't give birth first!).

OMG A I would also be so with you there at DD - I have seen them a couple of times - once in the late 80's and once a couple of years ago and that was one of the best concerts I had been to - I was singing my heart out. Don't have any tickets for this tour though.

Husky racing sounds awesome - I went on one of those sled things when I was in Norway skiing and the dogs were soooo gorgeous :awww:

If you fancy a round of golf, let me know! Might be a bit of a long way to go but hey ho! :thumbup: :hugs::hugs:

Also gearing up for AF. Not feeling it this month and had an evap this morning (very faint line after an hour) but will not test again til weds and temps are going down so know that I am out. Not sure what next month will bring and whether or not there will be any more ttcing so I am preparing my mind for the end :flower: Have gone back to the opinion that I don't want to go the SD route.

dwrgi, you aren't sitting around doing nothing. Its good to give your system a break from all those meds. Besides you are doing healthy things for your body. I can't wait for you to get tested again to see if the royal jelly and DHEA are working. I'm taking those as well. We are going to take a 3 month break. I've just had it with doctors for now and getting poked and prodded. Duran Duran. Yay!

Butterfly, I understand what you mean about the SD. Sometimes you just don't know what you are getting either. It all looks good on paper but you just never know. Its what I've contemplated when I was told about the donor egg thing.

butterfly and Nikki - I am soo hoping that dratted witch does not call on you both! (can she not understand she is not welcome!!)

Dwrgi - I LOVED Duran Duran!! you will have the most amazing time - I am so jealous!!! lol! oh and husky racing - do they pull sleds with flat bottoms (I mean in this country not on the snow) or do the have wheels, it sounds like great fun, and what amazing exercise for the dogs too!

hehehe - now Im humming "hungry like the wolf" to myself:wacko:

Dodger - how are you feeling hun?? Im so happy for you :hugs: are you still having bloods today??

I'm feeling good! I did have my bloods today, and I have to say that I'm so excited to see what the results will be tomorrow! I do have to say that while I'm starting to get more used to needles, I HATE them still! lol My poor DH is so nervous that something is going to happen, but with as good as I feel, it's hard not to be thinking ahead to me! Especially now that we just found out no dingding until 2nd trimester. :sad2:

Purple - I hope those highs and peaks get you your bfp this cycle! I love decorating for Christmas, don't you? There's just something so special about it. Will you take pics and post them? :D

Missy - I'm glad that you are sounding better (at least on your typing on here) and checking out other places. I'm praying so hard for you to find an amazing place that gets you pregnant right away so you can thumb your nose at that horrible idiot! I totally get taking a few months off to relax as well. You've had so much stress from this idiot! *hugs*

Butterfly - *hugs* I hope you are wrong about AF on the way.

Nikki - That's awesome that your body is noticeably righting itself! It's so fun to watch that change isn't it?

Dwrgi - Oh have fun at the concert! As Missy says, doing 'nothing' isn't the right way to think about it, though I know that's near to impossible to change when you want something so badly. You ARE giving your body a break and getting your body into a great position with the royal jelly and DHEA!

Titi - haha! I hope you get all your shopping done early so you can sit back relax and enjoy. :) I'm one of those really weird people who get their Christmas shopping done waaaay early. We've actually had it all done since September. :wacko:

Skye and Lava - hugs to you both! You are getting so close and I'm so excited for you!

:hugs: also to Mommytobe and anyone else I missed! I'm wishing soooo much :dust: for all of you!

Butterfly-I'd LOVE to meet you for a game of golf!! How magnificent would that be? However, my OH hasn't got me out of the driving range yet, so it may be a long wait until I'm up to standard! You lucky thing sledding with dogs in Norway. There is something incredibly spiritual about huskys-we heard them howling through the trees on Saturday long before we saw the racing, and it sent a shiver up my spine. It was almost a medieval sound. For your info, my Gwydion is lying slap back wallop against me now, with his head resting on the keyboard. He is such a gentle soul, as they all were on Sat. Anyway, yawn yawn, bore bore. So very sorry that temps are dropping-that is really the pits and so very disappointing. And the cruelty of the evap line.... God, it is such a huge nightmare. I don't think anybody deserves the crap that TTC entails. I am sending you HUGE hugs. Don't give up yet; hang on in there and give yourself a break over Xmas and see how you feel in Jan. Am thinking of you. Lots of love, Axxxx

Missy-thank you for being soooo kind. I know that you have just been through the mill too, so I completely understand how you are feeling too. It is a really good idea to give yourself three months off-I don't understand how people can get straight back on the IVF wagon; it is hugely draining emotionally and physically. You go with your gut instinct! Hm, I am curious about the effect of the DHEA and Royal Jelly (to name but two of the concotions that I use daily) too-the only difference thus far is a huge amount of facial acne-far worse than when I was a teenager. Yuk. Get Miss Attractive in the corner here! Anyway, good luck with your next step, you sooooo deserve some luck in all this. xx

Dodger-thank you for your kind words. I bet you are very excited. Good luck for tomorrow. x

Nikki-so glad that you're feeling more positive, and feeling healthier. Do what feels right for you hun! Fingers crossed for some good news soon! xx

Purple-gosh, Hungry Like a Wolf takes me back! I always liked Relex and The Chauffeur, and thir cover of 'Come up and see me'; although the new CD is fab, and some tracks are as good as their best from their heyday! I'm really excited-the gig was meant to be in June but SLB had acute laryngitis and postponed. So this Thursday is it. Alas, I am sitting too far back to be able to throw my nickers on stage! Ha ha ha, although I just hope that I'll be able to see the delectable John without the aid of my spectacles!!!

Love to you all, girls! Axxxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dodger, congrats! I hope all goes well. I think I missed something since I was wallowing in my own misery lately.

Dwrgi, I've been breaking out really bad too from the DHEA. What other concoctions are you on? So when do you star again, February? Are you staying with the same clinic?

cool duran duran! I love them but had no idea they were still touring.
I know it has been a long time since I last said hello and I doubt you ladies remember me.
So, what status are all you in?

Dodger, congrats! I hope all goes well. I think I missed something since I was wallowing in my own misery lately.

No worries! You got your bad news about the same time I got my good news and so I didn't want to post an announcement in here. You needed the time and I figured it would get out eventually. :winkwink: *hugs* Thank you so much!

Dwrgi - I'm very excited! My mom and I went shopping today and got me a couple of maternity things and she couldn't resist getting the LO it's first present! :D I love my mom. She's so silly but so happy and I just love it!

OK, ladies, cat is out of the bag. To you ladies anyway. I didn't want to say it after all that has happened because it brings so many feelings up but looks like make-up :sex: one month before we were supposed to start IVF with PGD.....equals a :bfp: Trying to remain calm. It's really, really early and who knows? But maybe the universe knows better than me. Just maybe. Ticker says it all.

Not telling anyone really. But had to tell my girls here on BnB. After all, you've been with me from the start. Send some :dust: into the universe for me if you get a chance. [-o<

OK, ladies, cat is out of the bag. To you ladies anyway. I didn't want to say it after all that has happened because it brings so many feelings up but looks like make-up :sex: one month before we were supposed to start IVF with PGD.....equals a :bfp: Trying to remain calm. It's really, really early and who knows? But maybe the universe knows better than me. Just maybe. Ticker says it all.

Not telling anyone really. But had to tell my girls here on BnB. After all, you've been with me from the start. Send some :dust: into the universe for me if you get a chance. [-o<

Hey TT congrats honey this is amazing news!!!

I know you must be really worried but I hope and pray that this time all will be completely fine for you, things have to go our way sooner or later and I will be sending every ounce of positive energy that I have your way that this is your time.

Hang on in there little bean and stick like crazy :hugs:

WOOOHOOOO!!!! That's so awesome and I'm :happydance::happydance: ing for you!!

Dodger I think i also missed your news so massive congrats and titi brilliant news and same to you :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I'm going to head into lurk mode now as once again I may be done. Big hugs and :dust: to everyone, I'll be rooting for you.

Ohh Titi, I am delighted for you!! :yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee: congratulations!! and happy and healthy nine months to you :hugs:

:hi: DHime, welcome back :flower:

carole - nice to see you, wow 17 weeks already, time seems to be flying for you. how are you feeling?? :)

OMG! OMG!:xmas4::xmas4:
:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo: 2BFP's
Dodger conhratulations I'm so happy for you and your DH :))) :dust::dust:

Titi many hugs :hugs::hugs: and many sticky baby dust :dust::dust:. I'm sure it will be a worrying period for you but I hope this time it will be your healthy baby who stays for 9 months inside you and comes out after a very smooth pregnancy. Congratulations to both DH and you. :)

Dhime, I remember you :kiss: Welcome back.

Girls Christmass is coming. I remember last year there were quite a few BFP's around this time of the year and the coming months in spring. I wish all of you to have the little Santa hand coming through your chimney :xmas6::xmas6:

Hello guys!!

Titi-I am SOOOOOOOOO delighted for you. Wait there:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::headspin::headspin::headspin::juggle::juggle::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

I think that covers it! Try not to worry and just relax and enjoy every minute. I am keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you! This is marvellous news!! Attagirl! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dodger-congratulations to you too! It is hard not to get excited isn't it? Enjoy the experience too. :hugs:

Butterfly-don't go into lurk mode!! Who knows what the future may bring-a nice man in your stocking would be the best, although feel I should rephrase that!!! Stay with us hun, let's carry on the fight!! Big :hugs: to you! xx

Skyeeeeeeeeeee! Hope you're taking it easy, young lady!!! Lots of love to you and Shirinku!!! :hugs::hugs:

Missy-I am on a shed load of vits. Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen, Vit B12 (deficency, according to my nutritionist), Vit C (100omg), although some claim that this can cause problems with TTC, vitamin E, iron, zinc, folic acid, Omega oils (3,6 and 9) from a company called Paradox-they are available on Amazon. My consultant advised these, particulary omega 3, for egg quality, a conception multi-vitamin and DHEA. Phew. And yes I do rattle!! Bugger, have to go as the bell has just gone! Hope you're okay hun. Sending big hugs to you!

Lots of love to you all,
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->