TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

I am reading, trying not to post in here for a bit as I don't want to offend :hugs:

Sending you all big :hugs: :dust: and luck for 2012.

Purple, my RMC appoint in in January which I am hoping I will get a scan instead if this is a sticky one :hugs:

Amanda...kick him up the butt :hugs:

XxX

HA, thanks for all the C0Q10 info. I'm going to go buy some today. Interesting enough, I had DH on a while back because I did know it was good for sperm health. I had no idea it was good for egg quality too.

Purple, I'm doing better. Its been a week since I started taking the meds so I think they are starting to kick in. Other than a super stressful week at work, I've been fine. Did you take OPKs? Is that why you think you didn't O? I can never get those things right. I know of girl that is in her late 30's and got a BFP the month she never saw a positive on her OPKs.

dwrgi, I'm so annoyed with your DH. You need to tell him that you two are in this together. I just think its so unfair that you are going through all of this and taking the step you need and he is slacking. I had to have a talk with DH once about how I'm sticking myself with needles, running back and forth to the RE, getting blood drawn and a wand stuck up my hoohoo, the least he can do it take some stinking vitamins! About 2 weeks ago I told him that I feel like he is throwing it in my face that he has a beer or more every day and I just sit here and watch him drink when I haven't touched alcohol in a month. And when I did it was only one glass of wine! Well I think he got the picture and since then I've only seen him with one beer. What your DH is doing really strikes a cord with me. Not only to we have to hear from doctors and read on the internet that we are less fertile after 35 but we could at lease get some positive support from our loved ones. Ugh!

AFM, I'm so glad this work week is over. I work in a aircraft test lab and I do all the scheduling. Apparently the test teams are slacking and not being informative about what they are acutally doing in there. My boss told me that I need to adjust my schedule to be in when the test teams start and when they leave each day to interview them! I work M-F, 7 am to 4 pm most days and I hit the roof! Many times these test teams come in on the weekends and/or come in at 6 am and most of the time leave at 6 pm. II let it sink in overnight then told him that there was no way I was changing my schedule and that its just unrealistic. Then he tried to backpeddle and say he didn't mean that. Whatever. I know what I heard. I felt like he was trying to tell me I have to revolve my life around what these test teams do considering they have multiple people and each of these teams schedules is different every week. They are mostly military and they are on call 24/7. As you all know, when you are TTC and doing fertility treatments your schedule has to revolve around that. It just pisses me off because I confided in him about the IVF and he was cool with me adjusting my schedule for that. He knows it didn't work and I'm going to be doing it again. Ugh. Anyway, if even suggest that again, I'm looking for another job. The last thing I need is to be stressed out over work.

Missy - Im using a clear blue fertility monitor, I guess it's like OPKs, but instead of lines, it gives you a low, high or Peak reading, as to when to dtd, mine has stayed on low all the time , although my temps have shifted so Im guessing no ovulation.

Im so sorry you are having such a crappy time at work, it sounds like your boss is being unreasonable. surely the test teams should be the ones he is talking to if he thinks they are not doing what they should :hugs: glad you are feeling a little better though, may it continue!

Ladies (in the UK) I had to do a few bits of shopping after work and I was in Wilkinsons, I needed to get Folic acid, and whilst there I saw some CoQ10 - it's £2.88 for 30 tablets and they have have 3 for the price of 2 at the moment. there was only 2 bottles left so I got them and the folic acid - and it's 100mg like you recommended Northstar :)

Wilkinsons!!!! I knew I loved it now I love it even more!! I'm off there tomorrow!!

Definitely not just you!! They opened a new one in my town a couple of weeks ago & I've been 5 times already!!

Quick note to send :hug: to everyone as am on the train on the way for my scheduled :sex: for this month lol. OPKs almost positive.

Wilkinsons is ace I must go soon!

A, kick his butt and talk to him about sperm donation if he doesn't buck his ideas up! :hugs:

Wooly is taking a break from bnb. I'm not sure when/if she will be back but we sure do miss her :nope:

Purple lou that is bargain you got there on the coq10! I'd never heard of Wilkinsons so I googled, there aren't any in Glasgow, there are some out in the burbs, but nowhere I shop, so I've ordered some from the USA, even paying the overseas shipping it's a lot cheaper.

I picked up some C0Q10 today at CVS (here in the US) and it was buy one get one free!

Manuiti- Thank you so much ((((hugs)))

Dodger- I'm so sorry that you are going through this I can not even begin to image. Sending hugs you way!

Madeline- Sorry AF got you, but hoping that the holidays give you and dh more time to work on your bfp!

Dwrgi- Good luck with your appointment today, I hope this new dr will get you on the road to your bfp. Tell you dh to get with the program and stop being difficult you both want to reach the same goal......a baby.

Never- Please post, we need all the encouragement that we can get.

AFM- I think I"m 6dpo so nothing much to report, I think I need to head out for some cq10 as well.

Hope you ladies have a great weekend. I have tons of christmas shopping to do.

NS...if you want I could pick you some COQ from Wilkos and post it to you?

Purple...look what you have started...Wilkos are going to have such a rush on :haha: when do your parents arrive for the festivity? :hugs:

Missy...when do you go to the family? :hugs:

Butterfly...good luck with this months rudie session :dust:

FM....keep on that whatever wagon hun :hugs:

Manuiti...love your avatar :cloud9:

Twinkle...you ok? :hugs:

HA...how is your dad and hubby? :hugs:

Dwrgi...hope you are ok hun :hugs: did you break up today?

:hi: to everyone...:hugs: & :dust:

XxX

HA...how is your dad and hubby? :hugs:

Thanks, NSN. I'm not too sure how dad is doing atm - he's working in China (been there most of the year, actually - 3 months there then 1 month home) so I have virtually no contact with him when he's there... mom says he's not taking it as well as he's letting on, though. :nope: We'll be with them for Christmas so I'll feel better after seeing him for myself.

As for DH, he's hanging on... he's coming to counseling with me every week now instead of once in a while, and he seems to be feeling a little bit better just knowing that he has an appt and help (drugs) is on the way. I remember having a similar sense of relief when I decided to start drugs as well.

I'm having a rough day, though... I'm running out of time to get things done before leaving town for Christmas, so I'm feeling that stress, and the sadness of our losses and still being childless is weighing on me more and more the closer Christmas gets. I lost it today and boo-hooed on more than one occasion and for no apparent reason - in yoga, in the store, during a massage (which I scheduled to help me relax - maybe a good cry is just what I needed to do!) - clearly I need some peace to magically descend upon me soon.... I know it will get better, it's just a bad day, and I kind of just want to go back to bed and start over tomorrow.

HA...:hugs: hun. I know for me that seeing people that are ill...I need to see them for myself and only then will I know how they are really coping. I hope that you find some peace when you see him :hugs:

As for hubby, maybe it is the relief of it being acceptable to feel the way he does because as we sometimes forget..they struggle too.

I'm sorry you had a crap day yesterday :hugs: they always seem to come when you least expect it and then it all seems to happen on the same day. Big :hugs: and I really hope today is a better day :flower:

Butterfly...you should be :sex: :winkwink:

XxX

Thanks for the COQ10 offer NSN that is very kind :flower:, but my partner is getting me some at Tesco later on the buy 2 get 1 free.

It is supposed to be really good for general health so I figure it shouldn't do any of us any harm, some ladies have their DH's on it as well. There hasn't been much study on the effects of it once pg though, so current advice would be to stop if you get a BFP.

My partner is finally taking his multivits when he's away at work :happydance:

Butterfly - good luck hun!! hope you catch that eggy xxx oh and thanks for letting us know about Wooly - I was wondering about her x

Never - don't lurk - I like to see how you are xxx Im sending :dust: your way x

HA - im sure you will feel a lot better when you actually see your dad, I know I did :hugs: also Im so glad that your DH is able to go to couselling with you, Im sure that must be helping xxx I hope that today is a better today for you xx

big loves to Pad and OMM - thinking about you ladies xx

missy - hope you are continuing to feel better hun xxx

northstar - it seems that the C0Q10 is good for energy levels too - so it can't hurt to try it. might be another statistic /poll for you, I'd be intesrested into how many of us it works for and there seems to be quite a few ladies taking it xxx

Twinkle, did you manage to get to Wilko's - I love it too. it's part off our sunday routine now (which probably sounds terribly sad) but we always have a walk into town and have a posh coffee or hot chocolate after our sunday dog walk/chores and then pop into Wilko's for a nose around.

Dodger - how are you doing?? :hugs:

FM :hi:

manuiti - I love that doggy avatar - he is beautiful and looks so cuddly, Is he yours??

mommy hugs to lava skye, carole and titi

Praying - how are you feeling hun? I hope you are ok, sending loads of :hugs: your way xx

big :hugs: to everyone else, I hope you are all having a lovely weekend

afm - well, parents are arriving Monday, I think Ive now done all the Christmas shopping and wrapping, (but not done cards yet - eek!!) and Ive just sorted out a shopping list for the week and done it online to be delivered. I feel like theres things Im missing - but oh well!

today weirdly, the cbfm tells me "high" which should indicate I will get a peak in the next day or too - which should mean I am about to ovulate. although my temps went up several days ago - this is very confusing!!! I may post on the CBFM thread in TTC forum to see if anyone had similar experiences and what it miht mean. Big loves to you all xxx

Hey girls :))
Quickly dropping in to share a panorama program I just watched. I'm not sure if US girls would be able to see it cause it is on BBC iplayer, and not sure if it is available outside UK. Sorry if so. But UK girls could easily watch it I think. It's a really nice documentary that shows in extend how it is such a difficult process in the UK for adopters, parents, fosters and children. Some of it is really sad, especially seeing little kids being worried about waiting for adoption.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b019307z/Panorama_The_Truth_About_Adoption/

Butterfly - good luck hun!! hope you catch that eggy xxx oh and thanks for letting us know about Wooly - I was wondering about her x

Never - don't lurk - I like to see how you are xxx Im sending :dust: your way x

HA - im sure you will feel a lot better when you actually see your dad, I know I did :hugs: also Im so glad that your DH is able to go to couselling with you, Im sure that must be helping xxx I hope that today is a better today for you xx

big loves to Pad and OMM - thinking about you ladies xx

missy - hope you are continuing to feel better hun xxx

northstar - it seems that the C0Q10 is good for energy levels too - so it can't hurt to try it. might be another statistic /poll for you, I'd be intesrested into how many of us it works for and there seems to be quite a few ladies taking it xxx

Twinkle, did you manage to get to Wilko's - I love it too. it's part off our sunday routine now (which probably sounds terribly sad) but we always have a walk into town and have a posh coffee or hot chocolate after our sunday dog walk/chores and then pop into Wilko's for a nose around.

Dodger - how are you doing?? :hugs:

FM :hi:

manuiti - I love that doggy avatar - he is beautiful and looks so cuddly, Is he yours??

mommy hugs to lava skye, carole and titi

Praying - how are you feeling hun? I hope you are ok, sending loads of :hugs: your way xx

big :hugs: to everyone else, I hope you are all having a lovely weekend

afm - well, parents are arriving Monday, I think Ive now done all the Christmas shopping and wrapping, (but not done cards yet - eek!!) and Ive just sorted out a shopping list for the week and done it online to be delivered. I feel like theres things Im missing - but oh well!

today weirdly, the cbfm tells me "high" which should indicate I will get a peak in the next day or too - which should mean I am about to ovulate. although my temps went up several days ago - this is very confusing!!! I may post on the CBFM thread in TTC forum to see if anyone had similar experiences and what it miht mean. Big loves to you all xxx

That is bizarre-do you ever get ovulation pains? That's how I know that I am ovulating. Hopefully you can get some answers on the other thread.

Well done you on getting all your shopping done-and I bet you can't wait to see your parents!

Enjoy today's posh coffee/hot chocolate!

Lots of love,
Axxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"