TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Ugh I totally need to catch up, but I wanted to let you ladies know that my number climbed to 198 on yesterday's blood test. Looks like my doubling rate is about once every 96 hours. I just can't wait to have the u/s tomorrow! I'm so nervous and excited and IMPATIENT! lol

OMG HA, with a bite in my tongue, I am so excited over Hearty's news, in fact I will stalk over to her thread to give her some sticky dust. Thank u for the info.
I am also quite relieved that your DH's feeling a little better. Somehow when women are depressed they sort of sort themselves out easier than man. So when a bloke is getting depressed I get a bit more worried. You will have a wonderful time soon hon xxxx

Purps so glad your dad and mum is safely with you and the keys are in your hands. It's wonderful that things are moving along nicely for your family right now. All you need is that CBFM, and your body to cooperate. Love your Santa request and I am in on the Santa sleigh stalk. Pls pls pls Santa can you pls leave a lot of fairy dust and a healthy little baby for every girl on this thread xxx

Butterfly "Awww" and HUGS HUGS. I'm sorry you are feeling a festive bite :( Sweetie 2012 hopefully will be a baby year. BTW I get very sad seeing you struggling all the long distance TTC problems with your BF. Would u two not consider IUI or IVF? Just a food for thought xx

Debs many many hugs. You are one of the strongest people I know. And actually very sweet as well. I wish I could make you feel better now. 2011 is on its way out Thank God and hopefully 2012 will bring you some happiness cause you deserve it so muchxx

Dodger, I'll be biting my nails waiting for your betas. Rise Beta numbers rise.... This bit is the hardest of all the waits. Good luck hon xx

Amanda did you feel positive after that GP appt. At least you have a bit more of direction. Now it looks like you just need to wait for your DHEA to work it's magic. I know you have been having acne and some moody spells but side effects isn't always a bad thing you know. It probobly signs that the med is working. Hugs, hugs and love. Feb is a good month to get prego so is March. You could have a early winter bb.
PS: Had a lovely mince pie from Waitrose Heston's range ::))) It was a puff pastry instead of the pie dough. Yummy yummy modern mince pie.

Laura, You've done really well up to now. Well done girl :)) Hopefully you will make your milestone too. It's really hard not to worry but hopefully bit of Xmass dust will rub on all of us here.

Missy sorry that you have all the crap from work. Is your boss the same guy who was acting like a pr..k a while back? The one who made you feel awkward? Whatever it is you will do whatever you will have to do so don't worry hun. He will have to let you stick with your schedule in the end..

Madeline, Twinkle, Dodger, Woolie, Titi all the girls who lurk Have a wonderful Christmass.

AFM I'm lurking and waiting through Xmass and new year. Have DH's father around and everything I do take double time nowadays. Sorry I can't keep up most of the time girls but my thoughts are with you all.. :xmas3:

Butterfly - good luck hun!! hope you catch that eggy xxx oh and thanks for letting us know about Wooly - I was wondering about her x

Never - don't lurk - I like to see how you are xxx Im sending :dust: your way x

HA - im sure you will feel a lot better when you actually see your dad, I know I did :hugs: also Im so glad that your DH is able to go to couselling with you, Im sure that must be helping xxx I hope that today is a better today for you xx

big loves to Pad and OMM - thinking about you ladies xx

missy - hope you are continuing to feel better hun xxx

northstar - it seems that the C0Q10 is good for energy levels too - so it can't hurt to try it. might be another statistic /poll for you, I'd be intesrested into how many of us it works for and there seems to be quite a few ladies taking it xxx

Twinkle, did you manage to get to Wilko's - I love it too. it's part off our sunday routine now (which probably sounds terribly sad) but we always have a walk into town and have a posh coffee or hot chocolate after our sunday dog walk/chores and then pop into Wilko's for a nose around.

Dodger - how are you doing?? :hugs:

FM :hi:

manuiti - I love that doggy avatar - he is beautiful and looks so cuddly, Is he yours??

mommy hugs to lava skye, carole and titi

Praying - how are you feeling hun? I hope you are ok, sending loads of :hugs: your way xx

big :hugs: to everyone else, I hope you are all having a lovely weekend

afm - well, parents are arriving Monday, I think Ive now done all the Christmas shopping and wrapping, (but not done cards yet - eek!!) and Ive just sorted out a shopping list for the week and done it online to be delivered. I feel like theres things Im missing - but oh well!

today weirdly, the cbfm tells me "high" which should indicate I will get a peak in the next day or too - which should mean I am about to ovulate. although my temps went up several days ago - this is very confusing!!! I may post on the CBFM thread in TTC forum to see if anyone had similar experiences and what it miht mean. Big loves to you all xxx

Purple , I'm actually doing well today. I feel really positive and ready to take on this task again.I have an appointment with my RE next month. I am claiming 2012 as my year. I will not give up.

Ladies,

Thanks for all your concern. I feel really great. I know its coming. I just have to be patient. My spirits are really high. I am completely out of the dumps. I am just waiting on my miracle.

sending prayers and lots of baby dust

Purple - loving the 100 acre wood group hug!! (I was going to say the pooh hug but that sounds a bit wrong!!

Hi Ladies :flower: I wonder if you have room for this one?

I'm 35yrs old and we've been ttcin since sept 2010. My boyfriend haven't had SA yet (it's for somereason SOOOOO hard for him) but I've had all basic tests and tubes are open, I do ovulate on my own. Only that my lh-phase is on the short side 10 days which I got progesterone supp. for.

I just did 5 cycles of clomid "to boost ovulation" but still here..Not sure what's next. I really do need to get my man to go and give his sample as my gyn said IUI would be the next step to try.

I've been to reflexology 2 times now, and my therapeutist is so happy that I'm quitting clomid now cos she doesnt believe in hormones. Nature will give it to me, she says. Its wonderful though and I have responded into it well.
As for this cycle, I will try to relax :coffee: and have few partys to go to so I will totally :happydance::wine:

I'm 35yrs old and we've been ttcin since sept 2010. My boyfriend haven't had SA yet (it's for somereason SOOOOO hard for him) but I've had all basic tests and tubes are open, I do ovulate on my own. Only that my lh-phase is on the short side 10 days which I got progesterone supp. for.

I just did 5 cycles of clomid "to boost ovulation" but still here..Not sure what's next. I really do need to get my man to go and give his sample as my gyn said IUI would be the next step to try.

I've been to reflexology 2 times now, and my therapeutist is so happy that I'm quitting clomid now cos she doesnt believe in hormones. Nature will give it to me, she says. Its wonderful though and I have responded into it well.
As for this cycle, I will try to relax :coffee: and have few partys to go to so I will totally :happydance::wine:

Welcome Asryellah, and I'm sure that you will get a lot of support from this group. Really sorry that your Clomid cycles didn't result in any joy. As you have alluded to yourself, it is completely incumbent on your DH to get his SA done, otherwise you could be just wasting time and effort. It's somthing that frequently rears its ugly head on here-the man's reluctance to play ball, so to speak!!! But, that is the next step now. Could he do the sample at home, and take to the nearest hospital? It has to be delivered at the lab within one hour of, ahem, production. Obviously, it needs to be kept at body temperature to ensure a fair test. This is what my partner did, and he hated the thought of doing it. But, time to be a man, and get on with it, I'd say!!!

Hope you get some joy with persuading him. It is a really good idea to relax over Xmas, and try and forget about it, as much as you can.

Good luck to you, Axxxx
:flower:

Thank you for your kind words :hugs: I have told him that he can do the deed at home and take sample to fert.clinic as we live so close to it. He has said he needs to do it..but whatta :tease:..is so hard about it!!???
And I'm not the kind of woman who keeps on nagging, I've always believed (and seen it working) as I say once or twice about something that a grown man knows to do smthing about it. But this....I guess after christmas I really need to put my foot down about this - or maybe kick it in someones ass :haha:

Thank you for your kind words :hugs: I have told him that he can do the deed at home and take sample to fert.clinic as we live so close to it. He has said he needs to do it..but whatta :tease:..is so hard about it!!???
And I'm not the kind of woman who keeps on nagging, I've always believed (and seen it working) as I say once or twice about something that a grown man knows to do smthing about it. But this....I guess after christmas I really need to put my foot down about this - or maybe kick it in someones ass :haha:

Kick his arse, Asryellah, you all know where you stand then!! :happydance::happydance:

Ha ha yes it looks like ass kicking is the way to go on this one :haha::haha:

Welcome Asryellah :flower:

Hi Asryellah, welcome to our thread. You'll find a lot of support here. I agree with dwrgi, your man is going to have to get an SA done. It just isn't fair for you to be going through all this when all he has to do is go in a cup. They do have home tests that determine count. Here is the link:
https://www.testcountry.com/product...={keyword}&cvsfa=2371&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=31313033
But there could be other issues other than count like motility (how well they move) and morphology (the shape of them). I really hope you can convince him.

Dodger, I hope you get good news from you us today.

Pad, still thinking about you, sweetie. I hope you have a miracle in 2012.

Praying, I'm glad you are feeling better and feeling more positive. I completely understandt he ups and downs associated with all of this .

Skye, this is a different boss, thank God. But I do think this one realizes that he royally pissed me off. He has been super nice all week and hasn't brought up the schedule thing again.

Hello to the rest of the ladies!

AFM, I'm just waiting for AF to show up. Yesterday, DH and I DTD and some pinkish blood showed up when I was cleaning up. I expected AF to show any minute or at least this morning when I woke up but nothing. I doubt its implantation bleeding or anything and I'm sure it'll show up by they end of the day or at least tomorrow. I've also been rethinking the donor egg thing. I've been so down this Christmas season that I don't know if I can take another holiday season without a baby or being pregnant. I completely avoided DH's family this year and I can't keep doing that. I know his sister probably had her baby but DH hasn't told me because he probably thinks I'll freak out. She is the one that accidently got pregnant by her boyfriend while she was still married to her DH. And I finally got a counselor to call me back. I'm playing phone tag with her but at least I'll be able to set something up.

AFM I'm lurking and waiting through Xmass and new year. Have DH's father around and everything I do take double time nowadays. Sorry I can't keep up most of the time girls but my thoughts are with you all.. :xmas3:

*hugs* I'm thinking about you too! You are sooo close now! :) Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Ladies,

Thanks for all your concern. I feel really great. I know its coming. I just have to be patient. My spirits are really high. I am completely out of the dumps. I am just waiting on my miracle.

sending prayers and lots of baby dust

I'm so glad to see you thinking positively again! I'm praying for a bfp for you soon!

Welcome! I totally agree about the ass-kicking. I was lucky that my DH went in and got his SA done while we were waiting to see if my problems worked themselves out. We knew that I wasn't ovulating, but we wanted to make sure that we had no other road bumps in the way (that we could find out about at least) in the mean time.

AFM, I'm just waiting for AF to show up. Yesterday, DH and I DTD and some pinkish blood showed up when I was cleaning up. I expected AF to show any minute or at least this morning when I woke up but nothing. I doubt its implantation bleeding or anything and I'm sure it'll show up by they end of the day or at least tomorrow. I've also been rethinking the donor egg thing. I've been so down this Christmas season that I don't know if I can take another holiday season without a baby or being pregnant. I completely avoided DH's family this year and I can't keep doing that. I know his sister probably had her baby but DH hasn't told me because he probably thinks I'll freak out. She is the one that accidently got pregnant by her boyfriend while she was still married to her DH. And I finally got a counselor to call me back. I'm playing phone tag with her but at least I'll be able to set something up.

I think that you need to do what's going to make you happiest. I know this is something you have struggled with, but it just might be the way to get that take home baby. *hugs* Whatever decision you make, we'll all be here to cheer you on. And just remember, that blood/genes don't determine parenthood in anything other then pure legal terms. What proves you are a parent are the actions that you take and the love that you give to the baby/child that you raise.

Welcome Asryellah :) One of us had a really cute smiley with a whip in her hand. I would have added it here for you since it seems appropriate at the moment. Actually it might be our saucy Twinkle who has it. Hahahahahaaa!!!

Hey Twinks do you have the icon with the whip??

Asryellah one other thing. Try to do the sample at home if possible unless you literally live next door. My DH's first test was done at home and he delivered within 45 mins but the result was poor sperm motility. His one and only bad sample but when we came to IVF protocol the drs kept referring back to it and insisted on ICSI every time. I am suspecting the lab took it's time to process it straight away maybe.

Awww Missy :hugs::hugs: You really had a tough time recently. Good that you avoided DH's family at the moment. You do need a break from being defensive all the time. 2012 is not far away bb and this year will hopefully bring your baby. :blue: or :pink: As for the boss I'm glad he gave into Xmass's mood of being kind. U are a tough cookie and you would have found a way to overcome all the issues at work but the heartache and headache isn't what you need right now. xxxxxxxxx

Hi ladies, am not 35 but 34 :xmas4:and ttc. Believe it or not never tried until last cycle so am now 7dpo and no signs and all I've got so far BFN :(. All the best wishes for all ttc..Would love to join this thread for supports... lots of love Sara xx

Hi everyone. I have been a lurker on these boards for some time now. Thought I'd step out into the light...haha.

I am 36 and my husband will be 41 in 2 months. We have been TTC for 14 months with a lot of frustration. :brat:

My husband finally took his SA at the end of October (only took him 6 months to get up the nerve for that- said it was mortifying....can you imagine?? silly boy!). The SA was a 1.3. My OB said that was slightly low but nothing to be concerned with. (How can slightly low be nothing to be concerned with?)

I then went for the HORRIBLE HSG test. No issues there, either...except for the writhing pain and agony that was the test!! I should have known when the nurses shoved 2 pads and 3 washcloths under the changing room door that I was in serious trouble. OMG! I had terrible cramping and pain until my period started on 12/2.

I have been charting my BBT since the beginning (for over 14 months). I ovulate late, usually around day 20-22 and start my cycle over on day 28. I do ovulate, which is good but my luteal phase is terribly short.

My OB started me on 50mg CLOMID days 3-7. I started my 1st round on12/5. I also invested in the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor. I've had a lot of High days but b/c I have been doing my BBT, I had a temp drop on 12/18. We BD on 12/18 but the monitor still showed it as a High day. On 12/20 I got my 1st PEAK reading and we BD again. My temps have shot up. I know I O'd somewhere between 12/18-12/20. I also have another PEAK reading today.

The issue here is that I have been having the WORST abdominal/uterus pain EVER! Feels similar to the soreness after the HSG. A lot of tugging and to speak frankly, it feels like my inside could burst onto the floor. The pressure is crazy. It is not constant. It comes and goes. Walking, sitting, lying down. The heating pad doesn't help the pain but it comforts me. I am moody and tired. I've had a few headaches. I feel nauseous after eating but it hasn't curbed my appetite. I'm a wreck, emotionally as well. :muaha:

I've heard this CLOMID can do crazy things. I've called my OB and I'm going in tomorrow for a blood test....I suppose to check my progesterone levels. If all is "normal", whatever that is, I will start a 100mg CLOMID cycle next month.

I really don't feel like I obsess with getting pregnant. I think others around me obsess about me more than I do. I'm the type that sees it as “I'll do what I can and if it happens, it happens, when it happens".

This weird stuff happening to by body and mind is driving me nuts, though.

Thanks for letting me vent and join in on the "party". At least here I feel like others kind of know how I feel. I know, :-({|=

I'll keep you updated......

Thank you for all your warm welcomes :hugs: I'm glad to get to know you all, might take awhile but I'll get there.

Untill then my prayers are with you ladies who been longing for bfp, hopefully 2012 will be our year on :cloud9:

oh jdonn, just noticed your message. Do you get u/s while on clomid? Like you see in my sig. in my last clomid round my folly totally grow giantic. And thats one reason I wont take them anymore. As it can do that, and ovulation pain was like somethings gonna burst..Hope that's not not your case though!! Good luck, and I'd love to get your nerves on not obsessing ;)

jdonn, I was a mess when I was on clomid. I was a complete emontional basket case. I really didnt' have any pain but I had bloating. I think its a good idea to ask your doc what is going on. The HSG wasn't painful for me. Just a little uncomfortable.

I'm going to talk to them tomorrow. I mentioned the Hot flashes (I had no idea what a Hot Flash was until recently...not good!!) and the cramping and the nurse and Dr both told me it was normal. I'm going to ask again...b/c I can. I'll let you know what they say.

Hi everyone, I hope you are all getting ready for Christmas and haven't waited until the last minute to finish shopping like I have, I'm going to be in a mad rush everynight this week after work to finish.

Purple- Thank you for asking about me, we are going to seriously get started on adoption in Jan after we get my dh settled in his new job.

Dwrgi- Sounds like you had a good appointment. I'm glad you have finally found someone who knows what they are talking about, what is the plan now IVF round2?

Missyt- So sorry to hear about your dh's family member. I was looking at your siggy and see that you are taking a break from the docs, I totally understand that, it looks like you have started a go regime. FX for your bfp!

Welcome Asryella and Jdonn, you will absolutely love everyone here.

Jdonn- clomid is a beast, I had all that you are describing especially when it was time to ovulate, the hot flashes are ridiculous, and I had a headache every day while taking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->