TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Just wanted to wish you all Happy New Year!!!! I have lots of catching up to do with you ladies tonight!!!

I just wanted to wish you all a very happy new year - good riddance to a lousy 2011 (for me, at least!) and may we all have abundant blessings in 2012! I am so very grateful for all of you here - I would have lost my sanity long ago without you. :wacko:

I've had a completely lazy day today, and now I'm sitting here watching Downton Abbey (I love PBS!) and catching up on here instead of writing my thank-you notes like I should be doing. :haha:

Hope you're all off to a good start this year!
xoxo

Hey all - Happy New Year xxx
Twinks I have to say I love your profile pic, so funny. Really made me smile.

Happy New Year ladies.

Not much happenign with me apart from suffering from a horrible tummy bug the past day or so which is making me feel a little weak and grouchy. Hoping it goes today.

Hi girls!

Here's to a very

HAPPY NEW YEAR

to all of us!

HA-all my colleagues were mad about Downton Abbey!!! I still can't forget the image of Darcy emerging all wet from that lake-these historical pieces know how to get us going! Hope you had a good Christmas, and I really wish you a very successful New Year! (And we all know what THAT means!!!)! xx

FM-I think I forgot to mention you in despatches-so sorry hun. How was your Xmas? Remind us all, when do you get the uterine scar tissue removed?? And what's happening with the adoption? Fingers crossed for you that things get moving quickly! Thinking of you and sending you lots of love, Axxx

Carole-let's hope that tummy bug clears soon. What a time to be ill. Does Zara kick a lot, or is she a quiet baby??? Hope you're okay, and resting up as much as you can! xx

Twinks-where have you been my sweetie???? Hope you had a lovely Christmas. Where are you at with your treatment? Hope 2012 brings you all that you desire too! xxx

Purple-how are things with you? I think our dates are the same, so in that case, we're coming up to ovulation, so let's get the grapefruit juice knocked back and the bedroom shenanigans going!!! (Also, I clearly have to start fantasising about JT!!!). Bring on the BFP I say! Hope you're okay and looking forward to your new year! xxx

Missy-same for you as for Purple-you must be near ovulation too. Positive thinking is the way to go; out with stress and unanswered questions, let's 'go for it girl'! Hope you had a lovely new year and a safe journey home. Lots of love to you hun, Axxx

Butterfly, how are you sweetie? How's the work on the house coming on? How were your NYE celebrations? I was thinking of you. I need to PM you pronto! Thinking of you, lots of love, Axx

Skye-not long to go now! OMG-I can hardly believe it! I'm going to PM you too, but just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and really can't wait to hear that Shirin has arrived safely, which I'm sure she will. Huge hugs and big loves to you, hun, Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yooo hooooo, North Star, where the devil have you got to??? Been thinking of you. Hope you're okay? How was Xmas for you?? Big hugs and kisses, Axxx

Dodger, how are you? I've been thinking about you and hoping that you are sort of okay, we are all here for you, so please come and check in. xx

Never-how are you? Bet you're not looking forward to going back to work.. me neither! How is little Oopsie?? Hope all is okay? Thinking of you and sending you huge hugs and lots of love, Axx

Hello to Pad :)hugs:), Lava, Manuiti, OMM, Titi, Nikki, JDonn, Praying, Madeline, and everybody else in this brilliant gang! Lots of love to you and big crossed fingers that we all have our BFPs very very soon!

AFM, I'm sure I'm coming up to ov as I feel very horny (oops, TMI!) and noticing a lot of CM (again, TMI). However, I have a stinking cold and have lost my voice. Great for seduction purposes, because all I can do is whisper, in a Marilyn like fashion.....! Do I schedule ICSI to start end of January (assuming 28 day cycle, and that AF came on Dec 25th), or do I put it off till Feb? My instinct is just to get on with it, fed up with waiting now.

Also, I went to buy some DHEA from my usual supplier (Biovea) and couldn't find it, as they only had K7-DHEA. What the devil is this??? Any ideas anyone? Anyway, got my drugs (ha ha) from another online site, so no worries but curious about this new form of DHEA..

And finally, I read 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' yesterday-couldn't put it down. Absolutely brilliant! Anybody else read it? Any thoughts???

Enough from me, love to you all, over and out, ciao bellas!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy New Year to all!!!!! And may this be the year for BFPs and healthy babies!!!

Purple, I use Preseed too and DH loves it. At first I was skeptical about shooting the little plunger of stuff up there but it really helps. I don't always have EWCM when I'm home with DH. Unfortunately sometimes I get the most while I'm at work.

Dwrgi, I love your new pic of your doggie and thanks for all the encouraging words and hope. I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and we just saw the movie. I loved the book and the movie was very close to the movie. You should definately read The Girl that Kicked the Hornet's Nest and The Girl that Played with Fire. Believe it or not, they are equally as good. The 2nd book was my favorite. I'm huge into reading and it really takes my mind off of TTC.

Jdonn, I'm glad that you found us. We all know how lonely this journey can be and one of the biggest helps is to mind people you can relate too. One of the most emotionally healthy things we can do in this process is vent and get it all out. The girls on this site have all been a godsend to me and I've had some very low times where I don't know what I'd do without them.

AFM, I'm so thankful to be back home after New year's Eve with the in-laws. I know they mean well but I just don't feel comfortable around all of them. We were playing a game with some of the kids and it was based on Disney. Stepmother came up as a choice and of course someone had to make an insensitive comment about stepmothers (I'm a stepmother for those who don't know). I saw that my SIL saw my discomfort and said, "sometimes stepmothers are better than real mothers". That made me feel better especially knowing that she thinks DH's ex is a nutcase for many reasons and I'm very good to my stepson. I told DH I was upset by the comment but there was nothing he could do. Anyway, I think most of us deal with this crap with in-laws. I'm just happy to be home and back to my routine. At least I won't have to deal with them for a while.

HA-all my colleagues were mad about Downton Abbey!!! I still can't forget the image of Darcy emerging all wet from that lake-these historical pieces know how to get us going! Hope you had a good Christmas, and I really wish you a very successful New Year! (And we all know what THAT means!!!)! xx

AFM, I'm sure I'm coming up to ov as I feel very horny (oops, TMI!) and noticing a lot of CM (again, TMI). However, I have a stinking cold and have lost my voice. Great for seduction purposes, because all I can do is whisper, in a Marilyn like fashion.....! Do I schedule ICSI to start end of January (assuming 28 day cycle, and that AF came on Dec 25th), or do I put it off till Feb? My instinct is just to get on with it, fed up with waiting now.

Also, I went to buy some DHEA from my usual supplier (Biovea) and couldn't find it, as they only had K7-DHEA. What the devil is this??? Any ideas anyone? Anyway, got my drugs (ha ha) from another online site, so no worries but curious about this new form of DHEA..

And finally, I read 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' yesterday-couldn't put it down. Absolutely brilliant! Anybody else read it? Any thoughts???

Enough from me, love to you all, over and out, ciao bellas!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Downton Abbey is fantastic! Did you watch any of it? The 2nd season starts next week over here... we'll be out of town so I've already set my DVR - there is NO WAY I want to miss it!! I don't know what it is about period dramas that gets me going... maybe it's all the gentlemanly behavior... or all the repressed sexuality about to burst into the open! :haha: It's like The Thornbirds - all stories of sexual abuse in the church aside, is there anything hotter than a priestly Richard Chamberlain?! I think it's the forbidden fruit aspect - knowing we can't have him makes us want him even more! :rofl:

As for ICSI, what would be the reasons for waiting until Feb? I am all too familiar with the being sick of waiting any longer feeling.... And if you do it at the end of Jan, we can be cycle buddies! :flower: My AF arrived 12/30, so assuming my cycles don't change, we'll be starting IVF at the end of Jan. :winkwink:

As for the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I haven't read it (haven't seen it either) but everyone else in my family had the same reaction as you. I'm always a little embarrassed to admit it, but I hardly ever read fiction. :blush: I always reach for a biography or a history book.... I feel like a dunce in conversation because of it sometimes, when everyone is talking about their favorite books and I haven't read any of them... then again, I know more about the ETO in WWII than most, just because that's what I like to read about.... IDK, I just get embarrassed about it. Why is it that at age 38 I am still concerned about what other people think of me?! I'm looking forward to being one of those 90-something old ladies who says what she wants and doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks about it! :haha:

And sorry, haven't heard of the K7-DHEA, so I can't help there. Did you ask the pharmacist (chemist)? Curious....

Happy New Year to all!!!!! And may this be the year for BFPs and healthy babies!!!

AFM, I'm so thankful to be back home after New year's Eve with the in-laws. I know they mean well but I just don't feel comfortable around all of them. We were playing a game with some of the kids and it was based on Disney. Stepmother came up as a choice and of course someone had to make an insensitive comment about stepmothers (I'm a stepmother for those who don't know). I saw that my SIL saw my discomfort and said, "sometimes stepmothers are better than real mothers". That made me feel better especially knowing that she thinks DH's ex is a nutcase for many reasons and I'm very good to my stepson. I told DH I was upset by the comment but there was nothing he could do. Anyway, I think most of us deal with this crap with in-laws. I'm just happy to be home and back to my routine. At least I won't have to deal with them for a while.

I am so sorry you had to have that moment... I'm really glad your SIL stuck up for you publicly. You are an incredible stepmother, and your DSS is lucky to have you in his life.

Despite the fact that we are headed to Disney World in a few days, I am not a fan of many things about their stories, particularly the notion of the "evil" stepmother (which is in just about every damn movie!) and the whole princess thing. I know many blended families who get along beautifully, and perpetuating the old stereotype of the evil stepmother doesn't help anyone, especially when you consider that roughly half the kids out there in the world have stepparents. And even if we have a girl, we will NOT be getting in to the Disney princesses at our house - there are so many things wrong with that - I hate the sense of entitlement it sets a girl up with, and I HATE the fact that every single one of the movies (aside from the new one, The Princess and the Frog - that one actually handles it well. Beauty and the Beast isn't so bad about it, either) ends with the handsome prince rescuing the princess in some way and they live happily ever after - I feel like that just teaches young girls that the only way they find value or worth in this world is through finding a man. Wrong! :growlmad: Sorry, I digress. :haha: I'll be all over Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto etc next week (and Aladdin, too, because he's just about the hottest cartoon I've ever seen! :haha:), but the princesses can keep to themselves - who needs 'em?!

HA - Im with you there on Disney princessess, but I lOVE Mickey Mouse!! I hope you have a fab time at Disney :D and then you have hardly any time to wait till you start IVF. I am rooting for you!!

Dwrgi - yep, I think we are due to Ov about the same time, although my cycles are quite irregular, so who knows. I hope you catch that eggy this time, but if not I will be cheering you on with ICSI :hugs:

FM - :hi: this thread moves sooo fast!! Hope you are doing good! how's everything with you??

Jdonn - how are you feeling hun? Hope everything is good with you xx

Skye - I can't believe it's the 2nd January already, you'll be meeting little Shirin so soon. Good luck in case I don't have a chance to say it before. big :hugs: and kisses to you, mommy!!

Carole - I hope your tummy bug has settled and you are feeling better! nothing worse than feeling so poorly xx

lava - Christmas and New year have gone, that's another milestone for you. You are almost there :happydance:

Missy - Im sorry you felt so uncomfortable at your In Laws, but I am glad you SIL defended you, you stepson is lucky to have such a caring lady in his life :hugs:

Never - hope you are doing good, Im sending you :hugs: and sticky :dust: xxxx

Northstar - hope your doing ok?? haven't seen you for a bit xx

big huge smoochy :hugs: to the lurking ladies - pad & Omm xx

Butterfly - are you hanging in with us?? I hope so! how's the house decorating going?? where are you looking to move to when you buy you new place??

Twinkle - :hi: we are missing you on here, I waiting to hear all about your Christmas, Ill bet you were so busy :hugs: hope you had a wonderful time xx

dodger - big :hugs: just because you deserve them, how are you doing hun??

sunny - are you ok?? did you tell your DH?? :hugs:

and :hi: to manuiti, Praying and madeline - big :hugs: to you ladies xx

sorry if Ive missed anyone, :hugs: if I did xx

AFM - well back to work tomorrow after the long weekend sadly. I feel like I could stay home and rest for more days yet. Thank you for all advice on the preseed, I am going to pop into boots tomorrow and see if they have it there (it's on their website) If not Ill order some online. also for ladies on C0Q10 - I saw it yesterday in "superdrug" for £4.99 for 30 capsules, if anyone is struggling :) so now we are waiting for Ovulation to happen - anytime in the next 10 days - with my somewhat erratic cycle. DH tells me he feels "lucky" this month, we shall see.

Oh forgot to say, I tried to read the Girl WTDT - but I struggled, a LOT! I just couldn't get into it. I did watch the first two films though and found them brilliant! maybe Ill try the book again :)

HA, a big THANK YOU! I can't stand the whole evil stepmother thing in Disney. I'm sensitive to that as well because my own mother did have an evil stepmother. Her mother died when she was 14 and she had 3 younger sisters. My grandfather remarried and she forbade him from seeing his girls. It was horrible. I think my grandfather should've stood up to her but its just really sad a woman would keep a man from his children, especially 4 girls! My brother's wife also had an evil stepmother and she tells me how lucky DSS is to have me. DH sees him a lot more since I got in the picture because I support and encourage the relationship and helped him stand up to his ex. Anyway, the princess thing I agree with as well. It teaches women to depend on men.

Purple, the first bulk of pages in the Girl WTDT were hard. Once you get past the first 50 or so the book flies and its awsome! Talk about a girl with independence. She makes the Disney princesses look weak and shameful. Its a great girl power book. LOL.

I've only seen the swedish version of Girl wtdt, and it was brilliant!! Well the whole Stieg Larsson millenium trilogy series - from tv, didn't read the books either. Eventhoug I do read A LOT ;) Anyhow, can't wait to see the american version of the book :)

Hey folks, just been catching up with all your news.

Not feeling very TTC-y at the mo - put loads of weight on over xmas & I know AF is just around the corner (spots, sore boobs & knocked a whole cup of very Hot Chocolate down my front while we were out today)

So I'm keeping up with you all & trying to get some PMA going but not sure what else to say atm. Glad I've got you all to keep me going though!

Love ya xx

Hello ladies :hi: yes, am hanging in here and will be following you all :haha::haha:

Purple you are so great about remembering everyone and caring about us all :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi thanks for your message on my blog - chat soon! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

HA, Hope you have a lovely time at Disney :thumbup:

Missy, it seems like there are always people around who will make insensitive remarks but good that there are others there to correct them. I had (still have) an evil step mother who does not let me see my dad on my own so I'm afraid I am in that gang - would have been nice to have someone like you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Twinkle, hope all of your Christmas stuff went well and hope you get the ttc vibe back :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Skye, only 3 days to go :happydance::happydance:

Lava, not far off for you too :hugs::hugs:

jdonn hope all is going well for you - when do you go see the doc?

Dodger, hope you are looking after yourself :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Asrey, praying, Carole, FFM, NS, Never, Pad, OMM :hugs::hugs::hugs: am sure to have missed someone :blush:

So I have been thrown a small lifeline. My BFF who is just about to start her 2nd IVF says that if they succeed then I can have any of their leftover eggs. I know this is a long shot but I am so grateful to both of them for the possibility. Obviously this will be a way down the line so if it happens it may not be until the end of the year but we'll see. :flower:

So I have been thrown a small lifeline. My BFF who is just about to start her 2nd IVF says that if they succeed then I can have any of their leftover eggs. I know this is a long shot but I am so grateful to both of them for the possibility. Obviously this will be a way down the line so if it happens it may not be until the end of the year but we'll see. :flower:

Flippin 'eck, that is absolutely amazing news! What an amazing BFF you have! Isn't it amazing how lifelines are thrown when we least expect them? I am so pleased for you and just knew that your journey was not over!

Hang on in there lovely, and who knows what the future may bring!?!

Hope you're okay-how's the house painting coming on?

Lots of love and hugs to you,
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Flippin 'eck, that is absolutely amazing news! What an amazing BFF you have! Isn't it amazing how lifelines are thrown when we least expect them? I am so pleased for you and just knew that your journey was not over!

Hang on in there lovely, and who knows what the future may bring!?!

Hope you're okay-how's the house painting coming on?

Lots of love and hugs to you,
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks honey, yes it is amazing, miracles can indeed happen!!

The decorating is going well. Although a funny thing happened. I was going to go to carpetright to get a quote for new kitchen lino. Then I gave it a bloody good clean and realised that it was actually OK :dohh::haha::haha::haha:

Just a bit more painting to do then I need to take lots of good photos and I'll try and sell it online myself first. I think purple asked where I was going to move to - well I am open to anywhere but I will start looking where I am (Ipswich) but as I want a renovation project at a good price I will keep looking until I find something perfect and sell my house first if I have to (and if I can!)

Hope you are good too hon, how was your NYE with your new sparkly dress?:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Butterfly, such great news and what a BFF :friends: !! Wow!
Dwirgi, this might sound totally stupid but gotta love your "flippin'ecks" I've only heard people using that phrase on tv-shows (emmerdale etc) and now I've learned how to write it also - thanks to you :rofl:
You always learn something new, useless or useful :winkwink:

I have a problem, my dh has a day off on thursday and I suggested him to take SA to the clinic. And he was like "yeah could do" (whatta....!!) I was so surprised him to be that way. But the problem is which I realised later that we should not have sex within 3-4 days before the test..AND my ovulation is coming!! Prob today or tomorrow..crap. And the last time we bd was sunday, those swimmers prob do not survive so long.. I wouldn't want to miss this, but it hasn't happened in 15 months why would it happen now. I dunno :shrug: he does have days off also in early feb, so that's when he could do it also..

Butterfly - that is the nicest thing ever - wow, your friend is lovely!! I hope she gets her BFP and that there are lots of eggies left over that need a loving mommy!

Asry - I can see your dilemna! I know if it were me I would always be thinking "what if" if we didn't get the dtd timing in......However, I am not planning on having any treatment etc so when you consider you might get some answers from the SA test - a month doesn't seem too long to wait (if you ee what I mean) would your DH's days off in feb be at a different time for predicted Ov??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->