TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Yes next time he's off will be after my O-time.. I dunno, I guess I'll go with the flow if it feels like :sex: tonight then thats good, if not then ->SA..
I really need not to make this an issue :dohh:

Butterfly, that is an **amazing** offer - what a blessing of a friend!! :cloud9:

Asryellah, I know it's hard to skip a month, but if I were you I'd have him do the SA this week. You've been at this for a long time now, and you've put yourself through 5 rounds of clomid, and if his SA is bad it might have all been wasted time... you'll never know until he gets that done. (Unless he's already had one some time ago and I've just forgotten that info, which is entirely possible in my pre-caffeinated state this morning! :sleep: )

AFM, today I "get" to call the hospital back to follow up on the lovely letter they sent me... when we got home from Christmas I had a message on the machine from an administrator apologizing and asking to speak with me... I would leave it until after our Disney trip just so I don't feel punched around again before vacation, but if I wait another 10 days to call him back, that administrator might think this isn't important to me - and that couldn't be further from the truth....

Hope you all have a great day, ladies. :flower:

[/QUOTE]

Thanks honey, yes it is amazing, miracles can indeed happen!!

The decorating is going well. Although a funny thing happened. I was going to go to carpetright to get a quote for new kitchen lino. Then I gave it a bloody good clean and realised that it was actually OK :dohh::haha::haha::haha:

Just a bit more painting to do then I need to take lots of good photos and I'll try and sell it online myself first. I think purple asked where I was going to move to - well I am open to anywhere but I will start looking where I am (Ipswich) but as I want a renovation project at a good price I will keep looking until I find something perfect and sell my house first if I have to (and if I can!)

Hope you are good too hon, how was your NYE with your new sparkly dress?:hugs::hugs::hugs:[/QUOTE]

What a blessing that you don't have to buy a new lino! It all counts, as far as costs and hassle is concerned! There is a cottage that needs converting in this village, it is really run down, but in fab location, with castle pretty much next door! It's got masses of potential, as this is regarded as a 'sought after' location. Then we could be neighbours (I don't live in the castle, btw!). I loved doing my house up-it completely engrosses you, although having tenants in a house that you have lovingly restored isn't ideal, as I discovered this summer! My OH's house needs work too, but he has a head in the sand approach, which drives me mental, and I'm all paint charts and plaster floats.... Hope you find a project that you like, and that your house sells without difficulty!

NYE went really well, but I couldn't wear my new dress as it is low back, and I have a nasty 'break out' on my back-thanks DHEA, anytime, you're welcome! Think it's the DHEA-but it looks like an actual rash, so had to wear another dress, which was quite short so I didn't mind in the end! Had great fun in the pub, just old friends getting together, really. Did the Auld Lang's Syne bit in the street outside the pub at 12-luckily, my darling OH decided NOT to moon passing cars this year, which is always a bonus, I find!!!! Although he DID insist on stripping into his Arsenal kit at 11.50pm, as per tradition. I kid you not. Yes, well, I believe the expression is: crackers!

I'm still full of cold and now officially off work-have a squeaky voice and all the usual symptoms. Can't imagine I'll be in tomorrow either, but I am going to go to acupuncture this afternoon, as she may help in clearing my congested self!!

Will you be seeing your BF this month, or has that finished now? How do you feel about all of this? It's heart wrenching isn't it? And to have a finite window when it would statistically take longer to conceive anyway, is not easy, I can well imagine. My OH's ex is 50 this month (she is two years older than him) and has a 3 year old boy-which means she conceived at 46. I tell you, she bloody would :growlmad:. Grrrrr. But, it just shows not to give up. :thumbup:

Anyway, muchos love to you and good luck with the house prep!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yes next time he's off will be after my O-time.. I dunno, I guess I'll go with the flow if it feels like :sex: tonight then thats good, if not then ->SA..
I really need not to make this an issue :dohh:

I completely agree with HA's reasoning-go for the SA results, as you have to know what the state of play is with his swimmers. And one month off won't make that much difference anyway. You can have loads of you know what after he has given his sample, anyway, some loose straggler might fancy a nosey up into foreign territory, who knows.....

So, my advice, like HA, have him do the SA test this Thursday!

Good luck, Ax

AFM, today I "get" to call the hospital back to follow up on the lovely letter they sent me... when we got home from Christmas I had a message on the machine from an administrator apologizing and asking to speak with me... I would leave it until after our Disney trip just so I don't feel punched around again before vacation, but if I wait another 10 days to call him back, that administrator might think this isn't important to me - and that couldn't be further from the truth....

Hope you all have a great day, ladies. :flower:

HA-good luck with the call. I think it is a good idea to get it out of the way before you go to Disney, so that it's all done and dusted, rather than on your mind. I know that you will tell them exactly how you feel and I hope that they are compassionate in their response to you. *******s.

Anyway, Happy New Year to you and let's bring these BFPs on, honey!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

What's going on with B&B-I wrote a word which sounds like 'bar stewards' in my post to HA and it's been censored by a higher being!!

Ooooo-Big Brother is alive and kicking in 2012!
:wacko:

Dwrgi - Ooh you will have to send me the link to that place if it is on rightmove or something although I swore I wouldn't look until I sold mine :haha::haha:

NYE sounds a bit like mine just down the pub but fun and glad your OH did not moon at anyone :haha::haha:

I will likely see the ex from time to time as we are friends and I am not sure what will happen now. It was the last try last month but like you say I can't help feeling it would happen if I had an infinite time to try :shrug:

Problem is if i see him in my fertile time then... :dohh: (he is not one to turn down :sex: if he is not in a relationship :haha::haha:)

Anyway, we will see!

Hope you feel better soon.

HA - yes, I know what you mean, if you don't make that call now then they might think wrongly so you need to do it - I hope that they feel suitably chastised although really there is nothing they can do to put right what they did :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Asry - yes, I think I agree with the other ladies and to go with the SA now, you don't know what might happen next month to change your plans so it would be better to get this sorted as soon as possible :hugs::hugs::hugs:

What's going on with B&B-I wrote a word which sounds like 'bar stewards' in my post to HA and it's been censored by a higher being!!

Ooooo-Big Brother is alive and kicking in 2012!
:wacko:

:rofl: :rofl: Maybe "bar stewards" needs to become our new code word!! :rofl: :rofl:

I've seen the **** type of censoring on here before... I'm not sure which words trigger it, though. That's why I'll usually replace one f*cking letter of my choice words with an asterisk. :haha:

Well, I just got off the phone with the hospital administrator....

Good news is he handled it very well. He was very compassionate, extremely apologetic, and very proactive. He's done a lot of digging to figure out how and why I wound up on the "new parent mailing list" as he called it, and he's already taken steps to ensure I don't receive any future mailings and added a second level of cross-checking to ensure other pregnancy loss parents don't wind up on this mailing list. They've had this program of offering new parents a free first aid kit for 18 months, and I am apparently the first person this has happened to - he was very grateful that I complained so that they can take steps to prevent it from happening to someone else.

Bad news is, I wound up on the hospital's new parent list when they bought my info from one of the 3 credit reporting agencies, that I am somehow on THEIR new parent list - which means the credit agency has already sold my info as a new parent to God knows how many other companies, and I can expect similar mailings from God knows how many other companies. Hospital guy told me who to call at the credit agency to get on their list of do-not-sell-my-info people (he can't do that for me, I have to remove my own name for privacy reasons). The million dollar question is, how in the hell did one of the credit reporting agencies get the notion that I am a new parent?? Hospital guy said it usually happens in one of two ways - when a person registers on a website or at a store (like starting a baby registry), or when a person's insurance adds new records of some sort of childbirth-type event in that person's health history and apparently the birth of a new child gets reported to the credit agencies. Here's the thing - neither of those two things happened. I haven't registered on any baby website since my first pregnancy almost three years ago (except this one, but this one didn't ask my address or anything else). And there's no way my health insurance should have record of a new baby in our family.

So now I have to call the credit agencies and deal with them, making sure I am removed from all lists. Even worse, I have to call my insurance company and find out why and how they apparently have record of some sort of new child info on us.

But this is like putting a band-aid on a severed arm - my info is already out there, and there's no shutting Pandora's box. One company sells their mailing list to another, and so on and so on. It is inevitable; I am going to get more new-parent-mailings from other companies.

I'm just drained all over again, thinking about it.

I will follow up with a letter to the hospital admin guy - since talking to him, I've already had a few thoughts about some other changes I'd like to see happen (like make it easier to get off the hospital's mailing list - I had to DIG online for 30 min before finding a number to call that wasn't the ask-a-nurse hotline or some clueless switchboard operator). But I think that will have to wait until post-Disney trip - I can only handle so much in one day.

:sadangel:

OMG HA that is unbelievable. I can't believe that any agencies have any kind of right to sell that information on to anyone whether it is true or not. I am gobsmacked :shrug::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad: :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Ahhhh!! There are so many pages since I last popped on here! Thank you so much to all the ladies who asked about me. I'm coping. Getting a little better with each day that passes, though I have moments that hit me like a ton of bricks. I've spent the last nearly 2 weeks now spotting and yesterday/this morning it elevated up to light flow. I'm hoping that means that my body is getting rid of the last of what it needs to for my hCG levels to drop back down to normal so we can work on getting me pregnant again. I'll find out what my numbers were from Fridays blood test today and I have to go have more blood drawn as well. Hopefully both of those will start showing decreased levels of hCG.

I start classes on Monday and since I haven't been back to school for over 10 years, I'm actually really excited about that! I got all my books and supplies yesterday, my work schedule is set, and I'm ready to go! :thumbup:

HA - *hugs* I'm so so so sorry that you have to go through all of this. It's just hopelessly cruel that you somehow got on those lists and I know it's against the odds but I'm really hoping that you don't get anymore mail. I hate the fact that businesses that I work with can sell my information without my permission. It just plain sucks and isn't right or fair. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Asry - I agree with the other ladies. I'd go for the SA and skip a month if needed. I was pretty anxious to know as many aspects of anything that I/DH needed to work on as I could as soon as possible.

Butterfly - that is truly an amazing offer! Such a wonderful friend! :hugs:

Dwrgi - Sounds like you had a great new years! I'm glad you had fun despite the rash or breakout or whatever it was. Sorry you aren't feeling well though... I hope the acupuncture works and clears it up for you!

I know there are a ton of other ladies that I'm missing in this post - like purple - and I'm sending you all *hugs* and bfp wishes for 2012! I'll try to keep up better with what's going on in this thread.

Well, I just got off the phone with the hospital administrator....

Good news is he handled it very well. He was very compassionate, extremely apologetic, and very proactive. He's done a lot of digging to figure out how and why I wound up on the "new parent mailing list" as he called it, and he's already taken steps to ensure I don't receive any future mailings and added a second level of cross-checking to ensure other pregnancy loss parents don't wind up on this mailing list. They've had this program of offering new parents a free first aid kit for 18 months, and I am apparently the first person this has happened to - he was very grateful that I complained so that they can take steps to prevent it from happening to someone else.

Bad news is, I wound up on the hospital's new parent list when they bought my info from one of the 3 credit reporting agencies, that I am somehow on THEIR new parent list - which means the credit agency has already sold my info as a new parent to God knows how many other companies, and I can expect similar mailings from God knows how many other companies. Hospital guy told me who to call at the credit agency to get on their list of do-not-sell-my-info people (he can't do that for me, I have to remove my own name for privacy reasons). The million dollar question is, how in the hell did one of the credit reporting agencies get the notion that I am a new parent?? Hospital guy said it usually happens in one of two ways - when a person registers on a website or at a store (like starting a baby registry), or when a person's insurance adds new records of some sort of childbirth-type event in that person's health history and apparently the birth of a new child gets reported to the credit agencies. Here's the thing - neither of those two things happened. I haven't registered on any baby website since my first pregnancy almost three years ago (except this one, but this one didn't ask my address or anything else). And there's no way my health insurance should have record of a new baby in our family.

So now I have to call the credit agencies and deal with them, making sure I am removed from all lists. Even worse, I have to call my insurance company and find out why and how they apparently have record of some sort of new child info on us.

But this is like putting a band-aid on a severed arm - my info is already out there, and there's no shutting Pandora's box. One company sells their mailing list to another, and so on and so on. It is inevitable; I am going to get more new-parent-mailings from other companies.

I'm just drained all over again, thinking about it.

I will follow up with a letter to the hospital admin guy - since talking to him, I've already had a few thoughts about some other changes I'd like to see happen (like make it easier to get off the hospital's mailing list - I had to DIG online for 30 min before finding a number to call that wasn't the ask-a-nurse hotline or some clueless switchboard operator). But I think that will have to wait until post-Disney trip - I can only handle so much in one day.

:sadangel:

This is really the pits HA-so frustrating, and so soul destroying that you have to go to the hassle of having to communicate with other agencies. Is there a way of blocking the mail from actually getting to your house? But then, you could also be blocking genuine mail. What a bar steward!!!

At least the guy sounded helpful. Thinking of you, hun.

Btw, how's your DH these days? Is he feeling any better? I'm sending big :hugs: to you both!
xxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Where the flippin' 'eck is Skyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye??????

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Where the flippin' 'eck is Skyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye??????

:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Could she maybe be giving birth? I know it's still a bit early, but she was at what, 37 weeks by now?

I know, that has occurred to me, as she hasn't been in touch since Xmas Day. I really hope that all is okay with her. I might text her later, as I have her number, but didn't want to be pushy....

Yeah i think she was booked in for a cs on the 5th so maybe she is just getting everything ready for Shirin :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I wondered that abot Skye myself Dwrgi. I even snuck over to the Graduates thread (and I hate to be nosey over there) but couldn't see a recent post from her. If you do hear from her, give her my love xx (and some for you too)

HA - That's just shitty that companies can do that and sell on information about you. Im so sorry youve had to go through all that :hugs: but anyway - now just concentrate on enjoying Disney!!

Butterfly - Ohh it's very exciting looking a new homes! DH and I have been looking at rightmove, they are some lovely places near us which we are really interested in. we are thinking about getting an estate agent round to value ours!

Dodger - glad you are still with us :hugs: I think it's quite normal to have that "ton of bricks" feeling....at least I did (and I think Im normal-ish) Id feel fine for days then something (or nothing) would set me off and Id have a meltdown. It does get easier though big :hugs:

Twinks - how are you doing hun?? I hope you're ok. Big :hugs:

never - Im still stalking - not long till scan time :hugs:

and big :hugs: to Omm, Pad, FM, Madeline, Sunny, lava, titi, Carol and Northstar (and anyone Ive forgotten - sorry)

afm - I went to Boots (its a chemist for the non-uk ladies) and found "Concieve plus" see https://www.conceiveplus.com/ so I got some to try (it looks a bit like pre-seed) anything is worth a try (and try we did :haha: I had a half day today and DH finished early as he was so quiet at work :blush: still poas and doing "bathroom science" with the cbfm, so fingers crossed xx

see I KNEW I'd forgotten someone - Missy (Im sorry - it's not you , Im just a complete div!) how are you?? are you all settled back in your own home now?? big :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->