TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

It WILL happen...
I am new here but I lurked this forum for so long and after a YEAR of tears and anger and you name it we did it we GOT pregnant at 38!!!

My doc never gave up on me and he said it doesn't matter if a woman is 28 38 or 40 as long as she is ovulating...

I swore if it happened to me I would enter these forums and give up hope to all ladies.
It's going to happen.Don't give up ...I almost did...
baby poweder to all ladies!!!:baby:

Ladies, I hadn't forgotten everyone else - I just went for lunch (healthy tuna salad - yum! although Id rather have a big sandwich!!)

Missy - how are you feeling now the Christmas period is over?? you sounded quite good during that time, I hope you are still feeling it!

Twinkle - big :hugs: how are you doing??

Dodger - im keeping everything crossed for you that the next bloods will be better than the last, so you can some light at the end of this tunnell :hugs:

Butterfly - Ipswich is a lovely area, my parents have just moved from near there and used to go shopping etc in Ipswitch or Norwich all the time. good luck with house selling/hunting, DH is glued to Rightmove at the mo!!

lava - I just read your ticker and saw you only have 36 days to go - it seems like the time has flown! although Im sure for you it hasn't. have you finally finished working now?

skye - again congrats. can't wait to see some pics of little Shirin! :hugs:

Omm and Pad - can't forget you ladies, big :hugs:

and to any lurkers, titi, carole, FM, Sunny, madelaine - big loves - hope you are all well? (and anyone Im forgetting)

Hello ladies,
I would like to join in if I may... I am 36, TTC on my own - no significant other, but I so want a child. So, i would like to be a aprt of the group for reassurance... :)

Luvvie!!!!!!!!!! So glad to see you back! I was wondering how you were!

HA, have a great time in Disney!

Dwrgi, I do hope you get pg before you IVF!!!

Hi purple, I'm doing alot better. I decided to change my attitude for the new year.

Hello to the rest of you ladies!

Hi Kiska - and welcome to the thread :) I hope your stay here is short. the ladies here are fab!! :flower:

hey all, still here but lurking as AF is due very soon

Skye - fab news - welcome Shirin, can't wait to see photos!!

Love to everyone else xxx

Vicky thanks for your post! It's always great to read success stories, it gives us hope. Congrats on your pregnancy :flower:

And Kiska, welcome! You will totally fall for these ladies :friends:, I have and haven't been here long..and can't seem to stay away..:haha:

Hi Vicky. Thanks for sharing your story. I've been lurking on these boards as well. I'm coming up to 37 and TTC for nearly 2 years (2 mc :cry: ). Starting to feel old but there are lots getting pregnant who are older than me so am still hopeful. I'm currently obsessed with TTC and 2WW so looking to join group so can get support and support others.

:dust:

Join us!!! We're ace!!

Sorry - seriously this is such a spportive group of ladies and you'd be very welcome! xx

Dodger - im keeping everything crossed for you that the next bloods will be better than the last, so you can some light at the end of this tunnell :hugs:

:hugs: Thank you! I've been bleeding harder, so maybe that's a good thing.... lol did I really just say that?

Hello ladies,
I would like to join in if I may... I am 36, TTC on my own - no significant other, but I so want a child. So, i would like to be a aprt of the group for reassurance... :)

Welcome!

Hi Vicky. Thanks for sharing your story. I've been lurking on these boards as well. I'm coming up to 37 and TTC for nearly 2 years (2 mc :cry: ). Starting to feel old but there are lots getting pregnant who are older than me so am still hopeful. I'm currently obsessed with TTC and 2WW so looking to join group so can get support and support others.

:dust:

My story is pretty similar to yours. I'll be 37 this summer and am getting closer and closer to that 2 year mark of trying. We just had our first miscarriage. Hopefully your next bfp will come soon and be a very sticky one!! :)

Ladies, I really need your advice. I've been having a heck of a time trying to find a counselor in my area. I called 3 and never got a call back. I found one that I liked but they could only take me in the middle of the afternoon and it was a bit of a drive. Well I finally found one that could take me on Fridays. I set up the appointment 2 weeks ago. My first session was going to be tomorrow. She just called and had to reschedule until next week and said btw, I'm pregnant. I'm not sure if that will bother you or not. I'm really trying not to freak out but I feel like I have a better chance of finding a pregnant counselor in my area (I live out in the country) than getting pregnant myself. WTH????? Do you think I should go or just find a new one? The one thing she did say was that she had troubles conceiving too and was about to do IVF and got pregnant naturally. I don't have a problem being around people that I know had a hard time but I don't know if I'd feel comfortable pouring my heart out to her. I just don't know what to do and needed all of your advice.

Oh honey! I know that's got to be tough, but maybe talking to her and hearing of her struggles will help a bit? I know this isn't at all the same and I'm not in the same position as you, but it gave me a sense of comfort when I found out that other friends and co-workers had troubles conceiving as well. I don't know what advice to tell you, but if you are struggling with it, maybe it would be better to either hold off for a bit or search for another counselor. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi to all my lovelys! Last night, I started trying to catch up and see everything have missed. I got to pg. 904...will continue on tonight!:coffee:

HappyAuntie- those buttholes at the hospital sending you that-omg! I am so sorry!!! I would have been mortified.:hugs::hugs:
Sounds like you are going to Disneyland- Have fun!
My dh cousin who has 3 children sent me an event invite on FB in oct. for breast feeding event to fight breast cancer. I do support causes for breast cancer but to send me that knowing I have never had a child?:cry::cry::cry:

Dwrgi- Hi hun- you are always so kind. Sending lots of sticky dust. :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Purple- It was a v. hard decision to sell the condo. We had done a full upgrade about 5 yrs. ago. We love it here. It will be really sad to leave. Our health insurance only covers diagnostic testing but not one penny for any treatments. Last month my dh asked his HR if it was possible to do a rider policy for fertility and she said no. However, they will do one for weight loss surgery:wacko:
IVF is so expensive and our only solution was to sell. We want something a little bigger anyway and a nice yard. dh and I have been walking and eating better so when we do have access to the funds, we can start right away. I'm hoping we get an offer on the condo soon....hopefully can start ivf in the next few months! :flower: Are you going to do IVF?

Missy- my soul sister. missed u bunches. just read your post about the therapist. I wouldn't feel comfortable now that she is pregnant. Nothing against her but it's really hard to be around someone who is pg. True, she said she struggled but now she is pg and probably over the moon, as she should be. It might be hard on you to be around her now. Just my two cents.

AFM, my cousin just found out she is having a girl. This is her third child. I'm very happy for her. I won't lie, it is hard on me. I love her to pieces as she is only one year younger then me. Her posts on FB and pics of scans....I want that so much. Then last week another friend posted on FB that she was pg.

I am really happy to let 2011 go and pray that 2012 is our year that we all get our wishes and dreams of having our own babies. love you all so much.

Hello- to the new ladies and the ladies who have joined while I was gone. It feels good to be back on here.:flower:

Ladies, I really need your advice. I've been having a heck of a time trying to find a counselor in my area. I called 3 and never got a call back. I found one that I liked but they could only take me in the middle of the afternoon and it was a bit of a drive. Well I finally found one that could take me on Fridays. I set up the appointment 2 weeks ago. My first session was going to be tomorrow. She just called and had to reschedule until next week and said btw, I'm pregnant. I'm not sure if that will bother you or not. I'm really trying not to freak out but I feel like I have a better chance of finding a pregnant counselor in my area (I live out in the country) than getting pregnant myself. WTH????? Do you think I should go or just find a new one? The one thing she did say was that she had troubles conceiving too and was about to do IVF and got pregnant naturally. I don't have a problem being around people that I know had a hard time but I don't know if I'd feel comfortable pouring my heart out to her. I just don't know what to do and needed all of your advice.

I've replied in your Journal hun, xxxxx

Thanks Vikki and welcome to Kiska and Twist.

As an aside, I just don't understand how people can lurk and not become part of the gang-join us so that we can all help each other!!

:hugs: to you both,

Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Ladies, been lurking a while and thought it was time to join in..the support and advice is so great!

I'm 35 and TTC #1 and currently in my first TWW, I've never experienced such a long week so far! Not much else to add I'm afraid..apart from keeping my FX'd for us all..

Anyway just wanted to say hi and will go lurk a little more! :blush:

Hi Ladies, been lurking a while and thought it was time to join in..the support and advice is so great!

I'm 35 and TTC #1 and currently in my first TWW, I've never experienced such a long week so far! Not much else to add I'm afraid..apart from keeping my FX'd for us all..

Anyway just wanted to say hi and will go lurk a little more! :blush:

Welcome PT! The TWW is the pits-but I guess the thing to do is not obsess over it and just carry on, business as normal. Hard, I know, but it's a survival mechanism!

Good luck to you! May your journey with us be short and sweet!
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->