TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Rottpaw- Thanks for the update on Lava! Glad the babies are doing well!

Sarah69 you have come to the right place, here everyone is positive and supportive. One of my close friends was telling me just yesterday that her aunt conceived naturally at 45. Don't give up!

Luv- I'm so sorry dh acted crappy! I hope you were able to work it out. When are you doing IVF?

Constance- Thinking of you today, hope all those eggies grow and fertialize!

Purple- I hope you caught that eggie. I'm thinking of you and your family!

Dodger-:hugs:

AFM- Not much going on here, I o'd last friday so I'm in the horrible 2ww.

Rottpaw - thank you so much for updating us. Im so happy for laura and her new family :) if you hear anything else do let us know ??

:hugs:

Will do! They were able to visit the babies and both are on IV's but still breathing on their own so doing well! Please keep them in your prayers and thoughts and I will update as I hear!

Hugs to all!

Laura....hello mommy and welcome baby Liam and Lily :cloud9: lots of happy thoughts coming your way :hugs:

Purple...so sorry the news with your dad wasn't what you had hoped, nothing like feeling the pressure either as to wanting to spend the time with him and give him a grandchild and you a child :hugs: I am hoping you ctach that eggy sooner rather than later babe :hugs:

Dwrgi...so excited for you...hubby taking all his vits etc? :dust: come on baby

Constance...fx for the ten eggs that most if not all are fab quality

Dodger...I picked up on exercise to try and get rid of the HCG after my losses...also, I tried not testing every day because it was upsetting seeing the two lines still :hugs:

LUV...:hugs: stranger...men :grr: have no suggestiuons apart from laying the cards on the table and telling where you are at :hugs:

Missy...:hugs: and thank you

Asry...love your chirpiness and hoping this is your month :hugs:

FM...blah TWW...hoping it flies by and you see those two lines at the end :dust: and :hugs:

OMM...NS...Wooly and anyone else I have missed :hugs:

AFM...
Had my first scan today and all was well. Baby measuring a few days ahead and they put me at 8 weeks and I finally have a scan picture to hold. Not forgetting that I have been here before and so hoping that the scan in two weeks time also brings good news.

XxX

Purple, been meaning to send you lots of hugs, hope this is your month hon :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Laura - did I miss something or was this supposed to be tomorrow?! :wacko: - fantastic news (thanks rottpaw) that they are breathing on their own, very exciting :happydance::happydance:

Never - :happydance::happydance::happydance: very excited for you - I know it is still early days but I think everyone seems to have a good feeling about Oopsie :thumbup:

Constance - great news on the egg collection

:dust: to everyone else (I am going to chicken out of naming everyone as there have been quite a few newbies recently and I know I will forget someone :haha:)

AFM, once again I have been thrown a lifeline this month from the BF and will be off to see him tomorrow for one night only (hopefully I will O tomorrow or Friday) so should be back in for this month. :thumbup:

Ladies - you are THE best, thank you so much xxx I was feeling a bit low this morning but I do feel a little better now, and Dodger - you are right I can spend plenty of time with them and enjoy the time we have :hugs:
and Dwrgi - you made me cry! :hugs:

I have that effect on people! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hopefully my bloods from yesterday will show a nice drastic drop for me. I did have a weird thing yesterday in that I noticed EWCM for the first time since ovulation during my bfp cycle! So maybe that's yet another sign that the mc is nearly done.

Can I suggest that you get down and dirty, now that you have EWCM? That is if you feel at all like it.... I hope you are okay? Thinking of you!
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Morning girls! Quick update from Laura (Lavalux) - babies are here!!!!!!! :happydance:

Mama and babies all doing well and babies breathing on their own! Lily weighs 4lbs 11oz and Liam 3lbs 8oz and both in NICU for now. They were slightly smaller than their ultrasound weights, but everyone is doing well.

More updates to come as I get them or as Laura is able!

Love and hugs! :hugs:

Thank you so much for this update! Brilliant news! :thumbup:

AFM...
Had my first scan today and all was well. Baby measuring a few days ahead and they put me at 8 weeks and I finally have a scan picture to hold. Not forgetting that I have been here before and so hoping that the scan in two weeks time also brings good news.

XxX

Andrea-I am SO excited for you and how brilliant to hear your news. You must be chuffed to bits with the photo. This sounds like it could be it, but I do understand your caution. Take it easy hun, and fingers crossed for the next two weeks!

I'm sending you HUGE :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flower::flower::flower::flower:

AFM, once again I have been thrown a lifeline this month from the BF and will be off to see him tomorrow for one night only (hopefully I will O tomorrow or Friday) so should be back in for this month. :thumbup:

OMG! This is brilliant news!! Yay for BF!!! Go girl and catch that eggy!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Laura, I have to do this, and here goes!

Congratulations Laura and hubby on the birth of Liam :blue: and Lily :pink:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

This is brilliant news and I am sooooooo delighted for you! It seems like yesterday when you had your IUI and you thought it hadn't worked! Well done Laura, and let's hope that you are home with your precious bbs soon.

Sending TONS of love and good wishes,

Thinking of you,
Amanda
:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

butterfly - I am dead chuffed for you!! Catch that eggy now :) :hugs:

never - Im so excited!! congratulations :hugs: I'll be thinking about you and oopsie for the next two weeks - grow little one :)

Dwrgi - they were happy tears :hugs:

FM - thank you hun, I'll happily accept all the prayers and :hugs: you have. I'm thinking f you too and hoping this eggy is the one for you!

Ohh and Ive started drinking grapefruit juice....I brought the pink gratefruit kind (and it's yummy) and this is TMI but it really does have an effect on CM! - thanks for the tip ladies :)

Missy- thank u..I know you totally understand because u married a younger guy also. I sometimes think it is his age..he is 31, i am 38 and things that are or seem urgent to me are not for him! Do you ever feel like that with your dh?.:flower:

Never- omg..what fantastic news! :happydance::happydance::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

Dwrgi- Is your dh taking any vitamins? My dh stopped for a while but he is back on them now! I am going to pick up some more this weekend.:hugs::hugs:

Dodger-:hugs::hugs:

Purple- I'm sorry to hear about your dad.:hugs::hugs:

FM- Missed u.:hugs::hugs: We are going to start IVF as soon as we can get the funds together....hopefully in the next few months. As our health insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatments.

LAVA!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I wanted to let u know that I was a preemie, I weighed 3lbs and 6oz..when I was born. I dropped down to almost 2lbs. I know everything will be just fine for your Liam and Lily. Sending big hugs your way and thinking about you!:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

Butterfly- woo hoo :happydance::happydance:

afm, dh and I did talk about it. He realized he was being mean. We hate fighting so we do talk about what is bothering us. thanks, girls for understanding.

My cousin really hurt me last night with her comment on my FB. I had updated my status by saying, I was making curry chicken, the way my Mom was taught when she lived in London and that Chris (my dh) would be so happy...because it's one of his fav. meals. She responding by saying...oh I miss my Mom's curry chicken but because I'm pregnant, I can't have it. Then she said oh, efff them I will have my Mom make it.

:cry::cry:One, I was the one making the curry, not my Mom and second...why does she always have to tell me that she is pregnant? I know she is. Everyone on FB knows she is. It hurt me because this is her third child and she knows dh and I have to seek treatment. All 3 pregnancies were/are easy. She really likes to rub it in...am I being too sensitive? Thanks for listening.:flower:
hope i didn't forget anyone. baby dust to all of us!

Luvmydoggies - I can understand why that hurts and I would feel the same.
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Luvvie, I stopped going on FB for that reason. I temporarily deactivated my account. I have to say that it has relieved some stress in my life by not going on there. People are hurtful and don't think.

AFM- Not much going on here, I o'd last friday so I'm in the horrible 2ww.

Wishing you good things for this 2ww!

Will do! They were able to visit the babies and both are on IV's but still breathing on their own so doing well! Please keep them in your prayers and thoughts and I will update as I hear!

Hugs to all!

So good to hear that things are going well! Thank you for the updates!

Dodger...I picked up on exercise to try and get rid of the HCG after my losses...also, I tried not testing every day because it was upsetting seeing the two lines still :hugs:

AFM...

XxX

I didn't know exercise would help that! I'll start exercising more. lol I'm ok with seeing the 2 lines... for now, but if I start getting upset, then I'll definitely take your advice. :)

I'm so so so thrilled to hear that things are going well for you! *hugs* You are and will stay in my thoughts and prayers that things continue to go well!

That's awesome! Tackle him and catch that eggie! Woot!

Hopefully my bloods from yesterday will show a nice drastic drop for me. I did have a weird thing yesterday in that I noticed EWCM for the first time since ovulation during my bfp cycle! So maybe that's yet another sign that the mc is nearly done.

Can I suggest that you get down and dirty, now that you have EWCM? That is if you feel at all like it.... I hope you are okay? Thinking of you!
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Lol We totally did! Good thing too because I'm back up to light flow again today. As for how I'm doing... lol that's a totally mixed bag. Physically I'm pretty much fine. Today is making me feel like my AF is here though because I'm bleeding (again!) and having AF-like cramps (for me it's more of a dull achy-ness in my lower abdomen/upper legs), but other then that, I can't complain. As for emotionally, that depends on the day and time of day. Things catch me offguard at times and just throw me right into a crying jag, but then at other times (like now) I'm actually in a good mood and laughing and smiling and it's not hard to write happy things.

I told my OB's assistant about the EWCM and she was totally thrown by it. Her words were something along the lines of "well you sure aren't a textbook case" lol. Oi Vey... my body never never never does things the normal or easy way... It does make me wonder though since my mom conceived me 2 weeks after her miscarriage, if this is similar to what happened to her! Haha! If I do get pregnant from yesterday, my OB is soooo going to yell at me for going against her orders to use a condom. :haha:

Missy- thank u..I know you totally understand because u married a younger guy also. I sometimes think it is his age..he is 31, i am 38 and things that are or seem urgent to me are not for him! Do you ever feel like that with your dh?.:flower:

afm, dh and I did talk about it. He realized he was being mean. We hate fighting so we do talk about what is bothering us. thanks, girls for understanding.

My cousin really hurt me last night with her comment on my FB. I had updated my status by saying, I was making curry chicken, the way my Mom was taught when she lived in London and that Chris (my dh) would be so happy...because it's one of his fav. meals. She responding by saying...oh I miss my Mom's curry chicken but because I'm pregnant, I can't have it. Then she said oh, efff them I will have my Mom make it.

:cry::cry:One, I was the one making the curry, not my Mom and second...why does she always have to tell me that she is pregnant? I know she is. Everyone on FB knows she is. It hurt me because this is her third child and she knows dh and I have to seek treatment. All 3 pregnancies were/are easy. She really likes to rub it in...am I being too sensitive? Thanks for listening.:flower:
hope i didn't forget anyone. baby dust to all of us!

*hugs* My hubby is also younger then me. He's 30 and I'm 36, so it's been up to me to get him understanding that we don't have all the time in the world for some things. I've been fortunate though because my DH is pretty good about getting those things fairly quickly. We haven't had any arguments about it and once he decided he was ready for ttc, he's gone whole hog on it.

I'm so glad that you and your DH have talked it out and that he's getting it more now! :hugs::hugs:

I would definitely just put your cousin on block or something. There was no need for her to rub salt in your wounds like that and I can't stand people who do that! What a witch!

AFM, in addition to what I mentioned above in this post, my OB called with my new numbers and I'm now down to 67 (from 125) so YAY!!! I have a feeling that with the cramping and bleeding that I'm having today, that's more of the stuff leaving my system. My next blood test will be next week and I'm really hoping that it will show me at non-pregnancy levels!

Hi All,
I have just discovered the over 35 forums. I enjoyed reading your last few pages of posts.

I married later than most (at 35). I am now 37. DH and I never tried to prevent pregnancy as we both wanted children soon. We have used OPKs in the past and I do ovulate. We began seeing a doctor in October and found out DH has low count, low motility, and irregular morphology. Seems pretty dismal to me.

In spite of this, we are trying our first round of IUI this month (hopefully). They put me on clomid CD3-CD7. I am now on CD16 and have signs of ovulation, but still -OPK. I see the doctor tomorrow for an ultrasound.

Anyone else with DH sperm issues and over 35? Feeling a little hopeless about our situation with both of us having complications.

Hi All,
I have just discovered the over 35 forums. I enjoyed reading your last few pages of posts.

I married later than most (at 35). I am now 37. DH and I never tried to prevent pregnancy as we both wanted children soon. We have used OPKs in the past and I do ovulate. We began seeing a doctor in October and found out DH has low count, low motility, and irregular morphology. Seems pretty dismal to me.

In spite of this, we are trying our first round of IUI this month (hopefully). They put me on clomid CD3-CD7. I am now on CD16 and have signs of ovulation, but still -OPK. I see the doctor tomorrow for an ultrasound.

Anyone else with DH sperm issues and over 35? Feeling a little hopeless about our situation with both of us having complications.

Welcome!! there are an awesome group of ladies here! My dh has the low motility and morphology. It slightly improved with vitamins. I took a break from ttc but I'm back now! We will be doing IVF in the next few months. I'm 38 and trying for my first baby. It has been a very hard and long journey but I will never give up. I know how hard it is to find out your dh sa numbers but it only takes one :spermy: may you get your :bfp: very soon!:hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->