TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi All

Hope you are all well and are having a great week. I've felt pretty dodgy all week, bloated and feel really uncomfortable like trapped wind. It's getting me down a bit now as I've had it nearly a week. I have changed my diet to include more fruit and veg so I'm wondering if that is the cause.

I went shopping this evening after work and spent most of it looking at pregnant Ladies, babies or baby shops! Gave up and came home without anything to wear to my friends party on Saturday. Mind you I feel so bloated I reckon a Kaftan is all I will feel comfortable to wear!

Friday tomorrow at least :hugs: to all :kiss:

Tinatin (your avatar just made me almost choke on my tea lol) :

It makes me do that every time, haha, and also serves to remind me I am still mentally not nearly old enough to have kids. Big hugs right back :hugs:

Hi Ladies:

Popping in today after a month's absence. I had back-to-back colds in December, so I was pretty out the loop on everything.

But had to say how beautiful Skye's baby Shirin is. Just gorgeous.

I'll have to catch-up.

Hello all. VERY new to the group (just signed up) and don't quite know what I'm doing yet, but as a 38 year old TTC for 13+ months... this looked like the place for me.

luvmydoggies - Thank you for sharing your story, your cousin seems so selfilsh!!! Oh someone should get her feet back on ground :growlmad:. But like I've talked with my friends that it seems life evens out our expericens. Like if we're having hard time now, we wont later in life - and those who seem to have it all now (and gloating about it) will be the ones going through rought times. But this experience we all are having now, will make us better ppl because we will NEVER rub our happiness in anyones face or ask stupid questions or moan about feeding the baby middle of the night.
Lady H - veggies and fruits might get you bloated, like for me green apples do that but not red or reddish :shrug: you just need to keep on trying which ones bloat and leave them aside. I try to eat some fruit everyday and veggies/salad. Cabbages etc. are sooo good like made in the oven with some cheese - but after that its better to stay home :blush::haha:

Welcome all new ladies :happydance: and great weekend for you new & "old" :winkwink:!! :kiss:

Hi Nikki - welcome back :)

and Lovemutt - welcome :) I hope your stay here is short and sweet! You'll soon get the hang on the forum Im sure :flower:

Ladies - It's Friday at last - it's seemed like the longest week ever!! does anyone have anything nice planned for the weekend?

Oh and good luck again to the ladies having treatments today - I am hoping for you and sending positive thought your way xx

I am planning for perhaps a nice dinner out somewhere with my parents and DH, a long warm soak with bubbles and a book at some point, and lots of doggy cuddles and smooches and a least a little bit of a rest because I feel tired! :sleep:

Oh and LadyH - hope you tunny feels better! as Asry said maybe it's a particular fruit or something you are eating, I get a bit like that with plums - although I love them :(

Hi Ladies, hope everyone is okay, soon to be the weekend.

LadyH - hope the bloating gets better, horrible to have that and wind pains.

Purple - Dinner out sound lovely. I am going out tonight for an early Birthday
meal as we are going away for week tomorrow. Waiting for AF to show, but hopefully not whilst travelling!

Hi all - fish & chips for tea tonight :thumbup:

Then dog walking in the (hopefully) sunshine at the weekend - my favourite pastime.

Also some BDing as it's that time again.................

Hope you all have a good weekend. xx

Hi Ladies.

Happy (belated) birthday, Twinkle. Did I miss it?

I'm in the hospital until Sunday. Liam & Lily doing well in the Intermediate Care nursery. they are both breathing on their own & progessing with their feeding issues. They will stay in the IC nursery for a couple weeks, hopefully not longer. They are tiny but resilient. I did get to hold them for a few minutes yesterday. I'm praying for their continued strength & growth. Thanks for your well-wishes.

Hi Ladies, hope everyone is okay, soon to be the weekend.

LadyH - hope the bloating gets better, horrible to have that and wind pains.

Purple - Dinner out sound lovely. I am going out tonight for an early Birthday
meal as we are going away for week tomorrow. Waiting for AF to show, but hopefully not whilst travelling!

Hey Pinksmarties-I LOVE your avatar! I just love animals, and cute photos make me melt! Yes, I agree, let's hope AF doesn't show AT ALL! Have a lovely weekend-when is your birthday? :hugs:

Purple-have a lovely meal with your DH and parents! Big :hugs: to you for your positivity! (I should imagine stimms will start first week of Feb... waiting to hear and for AF to show, next weekend, probably, the old hag bag!), :hugs:

Asry-I like your attitude. I am looking forward to the bit when my stress vanishes!! Have a lovely weekend, Ax

Welcome lovemutt! Love your name!! Good luck to you-again, let's hope the hag bag doesn't show! x

Lady H-I know that feeling! I have a number of colleagues who are PG, and they are EVERYWHERE, talking about their growing bumps, sharing their scan photos around, rubbing their bumps, blah blah. I even had my Year 13 group passing a young baby babygrow around the room the other day, as they'd bought this for their Head of Year who is leaving today to have her baby. I coudn't believe it, cos they were ooh and aaing, and in the end I said, most uncharitably, 'Can you put that away before I vomit!' I don't care if they think I'm a hag, they don't know what I'm going through! I hope your diet sorts itself out-it's the extra fibre, I think. Try and drink lots of water to 'flush' your system, that's my advice! xx

Butterfly-hope you caught that egg!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Constance-was it ET today? How many eggs fertilised? Hope all is good with you? :thumbup::thumbup:

Hi to Nikki (good to see you), Tinatin, FM, HA, luv, Never, MissyT, North Star, Twinkle, Carole, Skye, Lava, Manuiti, Madeline, and anybody whose name I may have missed, I hope you all have a good weekend!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Ladies.

Happy (belated) birthday, Twinkle. Did I miss it?

I'm in the hospital until Sunday. Liam & Lily doing well in the Intermediate Care nursery. they are both breathing on their own & progessing with their feeding issues. They will stay in the IC nursery for a couple weeks, hopefully not longer. They are tiny but resilient. I did get to hold them for a few minutes yesterday. I'm praying for their continued strength & growth. Thanks for your well-wishes.

No it's today! Thank you Laura & everyone else for your birthday wishes.

Really glad Liam & Lily are doing well - I'm keeping them in my prayers xx

thanks Dwrgi - 38 tomorrow :( I am fully expecting Af to show at some point as not actively ttc this month (unless OH's swimmers are super resilient at ov-3 days) as I am waiting test in 10 days time for rc mc.

Happy Birthday Twinkle!!

To Twinkle-so sorry, but better late than never, I hope!

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to Twiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinkle,
Happy birthday to you!!

Hip Hip Hooray!
:cake::cake::hi::hi::munch::munch::dance::dance::awww::awww::yipee::yipee::friends::friends::pizza::drunk::wohoo::wohoo:

Constance-was it ET today? How many eggs fertilised? Hope all is good with you? :thumbup::thumbup:

Happy Birthday, Twinkle!

Purplelou, a nice dinner sounds like the ticket. Maybe it's time for me to eat breakfast.

Lavalux, it's good to read Lily and Liam are doing well.

ET is this morning.:happydance: I don't know how many fertilized-completely in the dark here. They do 3 dy transfers here so maybe they are set up differently. I dunno. I called to find out yesterday and they said if the RE hadn't called then everything was going along smoothly. Ha! Not in my head.:winkwink: Keeping my fingers crossed that we have 2 good ones.

Happy Birthday, Twinkle!

Purplelou, a nice dinner sounds like the ticket. Maybe it's time for me to eat breakfast.

Lavalux, it's good to read Lily and Liam are doing well.

ET is this morning.:happydance: I don't know how many fertilized-completely in the dark here. They do 3 dy transfers here so maybe they are set up differently. I dunno. I called to find out yesterday and they said if the RE hadn't called then everything was going along smoothly. Ha! Not in my head.:winkwink: Keeping my fingers crossed that we have 2 good ones.

Gosh, that is soooo bizarre, as surely you're entitled to know?? Anyway, good luck with it all, and let's hope you get a sticky bean and a BFP!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Well girls, forgive the selfish post, but I have just gone through the roof. My friend has just told me that an ex-colleague (who I was friends with for a while) has been telling a mutual acquaintance in a separate school (who my ex-colleague and I both only vaguely know) that I am "desperate" to get pregnant and that I've just suffered a second miscarriage!

OMG-I went ballistic, and have just sent her an email putting her firmly in her place. How dare she? What is wrong with people? Is our plight the stuff of trivial gossip and idle chat? To be pitied and talked about?

Well, that is it for me and her.

I am fuming. :gun::trouble::grr::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard:

Apart from that, selfish post over!

:thumbup: to you all for a brill weekend!
xxx

Dwrgi - it is amazing how cruel people can be.

My weekend.... starting some traditional Chinese medicine supplements (courtesy of my acupuncturist). They sound disgusting, as in addition to the herbs are also things called "black chicken" and "deer antler." Not exactly what I call vegetarian friendly, but I'm willing to even give this a try. :wacko:

Well girls, forgive the selfish post, but I have just gone through the roof. My friend has just told me that an ex-colleague (who I was friends with for a while) has been telling a mutual acquaintance in a separate school (who my ex-colleague and I both only vaguely know) that I am "desperate" to get pregnant and that I've just suffered a second miscarriage!

OMG-I went ballistic, and have just sent her an email putting her firmly in her place. How dare she? What is wrong with people? Is our plight the stuff of trivial gossip and idle chat? To be pitied and talked about?

Well, that is it for me and her.

I am fuming. :gun::trouble::grr::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard::yellowcard:

Apart from that, selfish post over!

:thumbup: to you all for a brill weekend!
xxx

What in the freaking world is wrong with people? You were right to educate her rather than just not saying anything. This way she can feel the hurt caused by her words and know she was responsible. Mean and petty.

Happy Birthday Twinkle!

So glad Liam and Lily (dem babies #2) are doing well.

Hugs to Dwrgi. I don't understand why people want to talk about other people's tragedies to other people. SMH. I just don't get it.

Hey Purple! (Waves).

Hello to all the people who've joined in my absence. Hope your stay here is informative, enjoyable, and short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->