TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

thank u all i am at the hospital tomorrow so going to ask a lot of questions .will let u all no...

!

AFM still in limbo, still no AF, still haunted by the BFN from last Saturday! Have vowed to only test again Saturday unless I get any significant symptoms (i.e. severe nausea) as sore BB's is not enough in my book. Have to admit I am now worrying something has gone wrong with my otherwise regular cycles. :sad1:

:dust: to you all!

Good luck this cycle! I am due to test at the weekend, I'm only 7DPO but was very tearful and snappy tonight for no reason at all! Mind you, it's probably the TTC for so long that is getting to me, not BFP symptoms!!

thank u all i am at the hospital tomorrow so going to ask a lot of questions .will let u all no...

Keep us posted. x

Hi BnB Ladies,

I am new to here, although I did post last month about something. I'm coming back around b/c I like this site, so I figured I'd intro myself. I'm 38 (almost 39), been LTTC & have had 2 M/C's. Had an HSG (tube-ink test) 2 mos. ago, so praying that this will be that "magical" month?!

And now I just got my first ever smiley face at a somewhat normal time (day 18) - yay! I've been using internet cheapie for last 9 months & never, ever got a +, so this is a big deal for me. I got a+ last month, but was Day 28 (& it was defin. Ov, as my cycle was 43 days!) But, apparently such late ovs are not the best, so I was hoping I'd get back on track this month & now I just got :)

You have no idea - or you do - I haven't had a reason to be happy until now. Just bad news, M/C's, low prog., no +OPK, near-misses & constant let-downs. I MC'd at 12.5 weeks in 2010.

Anyway, good luck to all of you +35 TTC'rs! I look fwd to chatting w/some of you!

I wanted to ask a question - does anyone know anything about thyroid probs & fertility?

My BBT temps are AWEFULLY low & thyroid issues run in fam. Usually 68 - 72 degrees. Anyone else that low & normal? Thnx & fairy BFP dust to all!

Hi Lilsluz - and welcome back :flower: this journey is such a hard one, and Im so sorry about your loss.
I know there is one lady who has thyroid issues around here, but she may be lurking. have you asked your gp to test you? its a very routine blood test which might either give you some answers or put your mind at rest.

LadyH - that is puzzelling!! I really hope its a good thing though. keep my fingers crossed for you :hugs:

Heavenly - Ohhh Ive just noticed your avatar - Han solo - yummy! (im such a geek!)

Twinks - have you got a doctors appt? - good luck :hugs:

and big :hugs: to everyone - Dwrgi, HA, Missy, FM, anorak, never (stalk stalk) Northstar (hope your enjoying your trip) nikki, Butterfly, Ipen and everyone who's name Ive forgotton (it's an age thing!) big loves! is everyone having a good day??

is anyone else seeing a lot of red on BnB today, Im struggling to make posts and everything looks a bit different and lots of error messages - or it is just me?? :wacko:

@Purple - Yeah, we did the standard blood tests & was OK, but those don't pick up everyone w/thyroid issues. Apparently there is a "free T3/T4" & an opposite one (incarcerated T3/T4? haha), but they said (10 yrs ago when I had some issues) that low temps (below 1-1.5 degrees) usually signify a thyroid issue.

I had read somewhere that thyroid issues can wreak havoc on fertility. I'll have to look up some more.

Yeah, you guys in the UK are supp'd to get enough of the solar flares that you may be able to see the Northern Lights (last night?)! Very cool! Maybe this space storm will stir up some of our stagnant energies & allow us a BFP!? Bring it on!

Good luck to you Purple & thank you for welcoming me!

:hi: ajanad

Lilsluz - now wouldn't that be fab!
Maybe if you have a peek on the LTTTC board - Im sure there are some threads over there about thyroid issues. hope that helps x

Fab interview here about the rising cost of IVF, a poster on another website, Fertility Friends, was on it, she was great! Have a listen!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episo...Prison_for_Female_Offenders._Breast_Awareness

hy ladies all went well 2day didnt have another scan just sat and talked they have started me on the stims today 225 of menopur each day and have to go back on tuesday for scan im very excited im still on nasal spray but gone down to 3 times a day hows everyone

Purple, Congrats on your degree!!!! Thats a great accomplishment. And yeah for Brody getting better, the little cutie!

Dwrgi, you always have good advice.

LilSlus, welcome and yes I have heard of thyroid issues affecting fertility. My RE didn't mention it but my GP did and she tested for my thyroid. My brother has thyroid issues and he had part of his removed so she thought it'd be good for to get tested to see if we could rule that out. Mine came back normal but I'm glad I had it done because I feel there is a connection.

Twinkle, I hope you are feeling better about the AF symptoms and get some sort of resolution. I know I've definately become more aware of what my body does now. Before TTC I never paid attention to what my body or if my cycles were normal.

AFM, I'm no CD6 so I'm hoping DH is getting ready for a lot of BDing next week. I bought some OPKs so I'll try that this month so I'll have a better idea of when I o. We're up to 2 smoothies a day now and I have to admit I am very, very regular. I guess its doing my body some good. DH said he is very regular too. One thing I've noticed with all my healthy habits is I sleep really good through the night. No more tossing and turning.

Lady H - I have very regular cycles but my last one lasted 15 days longer than it should, I did a lot of pg tests ! Very confusing, I am hoping this one is normal.

Purple huge achievement on your degree YAY

Missy heres to happy and successful :sex: for you and DH, go catch that egg girl :haha:

Twinks hope you are feeling better and the Dr was able to give you some answers. Our bodies are a constant source of bewilderment just as we think we are getting them under control and understand them BAM they pull something out of the hat to knock us off our feet again. Hoping that things get back on track for you next cycle:hugs:

Heard from Lava on the grads thread, she has now been able to take Liam home from the hospital so the whole family are together YAY such great news.

AFM I have come down with a horrible cold/flu bug as people kept coming into work with their germs. I feel so yukky with aches and pains all over, dizziness and completely off my food. That is when I know I am really ill as I love food. We had an emergency at work today so have had to come in for 2 hours but then going back to my bed where I plan on staying all weekend.

Hope you all have a fab weekend ladies and catch up soon :hugs:

Morning girls!!! How are we all today?? I hope that everybody has nice plans for their weekends..... only one more sleep to go!! :happydance:

Never-how are you getting on hun?? Thinking of you! :hugs:

Carole-hope you feel better soon! Being ill is a complete drag. Hope yuur DH is taking good care of you! Thanks for the news on Lava-I didn't realise that Liam was still in the hospital, so this is good news! :hugs:

PennyB-hope your cycle regulates itself!

Missy-so glad to hear that what you're doing is helping you feel better. There is definitely a holistic benefit to be gained by what you are doing! You'll need all that energy for next week's :sex:!!! Good luck! :happydance:

Hey Mazak-good luck with the scan and it's good that they are taking it slow with your stimms-hopefully this will mean a better quality egg!! Good luck! :thumbup:

Heavenly-thanks for the link-I'll listen to it this weekend when I have a sec. The price of IVF/ICSI is shocking! I paid £1236 yesterday for my meds alone, and have just had a bill for £3595 for the ICSI, so the cycle will cost us nigh on £5000 without any guarantee of success. It is HUGELY worrying. :nope:

Purple-what are you up to hun??? Hope you're okay. I loved your story about the woman who conceived naturally at 41-gives us all hope! Thanks for sharing that with us! How's little Brody? :hugs:

Butterfly-are you getting ready for the sun? I am sooooooooooo jealous! Hope you're okay. Where are you at with your cycle??? :hugs:

Twinkle-did you get to a doctor's? How are things with you now?? Hope you're okay hun! :hugs:

Asry-have you already gone away? Big :hugs:

Dodger, Ipenn, FM, HA, what's happening with you guys? Hope you're all okay? :hugs:

Hello to everybody! I am sure to forget names, so a BIG hello all round!

Feeling a bit down today girls, I don't mind telling you! Just sooooooooooo tired with work and sooooooooooooooooo fed up to be at this point (approaching another treatment cycle). When I started TTC at 36 I thought it would be a breeze-how little I knew. But, it's difficult to always find the energy to mentally and physically fight this battle, and today I just want to lie in a hole, eat loads of chocolate, have lots of cuddles and be transported to a world where infertility does not exist! Sigh sigh sigh!!! :wacko:

Love to you all, though, and let's keep on going! :hugs:

Morning ladies.

I am 9DPO, but will not test!! See what happens this weekend.

How is everyone? xx

:hi: Hi ladies, there are so many new names on here that I am not going to atttempt to name everyone as I am rubbish - I will leave that to those with better memories like Dwrgi and purple :haha::hugs:

HA, hope you are OK, haven't seen you for a bit.

Want to send some big :hug: to Pad, hope you are OK hon :hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi, sorry you are feeling down matey, I think we must be ESPing it to each other as I feel a bit crap today myself. AF is due on Sat so I will probably be a bit of a wreck by then. I tested at 10/11 DPO and BFN so that is conclusive enough for me (yes, i know others think otherwise :haha:) - anyway, hope you feel better soon, I know it doesn't really help when you have to pay out all that cash too, but I am willing this one to really work for you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:dust: to all the ladies in the TWW and :hugs::hugs: to everyone else.

Hi ladies, I will write some more in a little bit but just wanted to send a whole bunch of :hugs: and smooches to Butterfly and Dwrgi - ladies - this whole business is rubbish! Butterfly - Im still crossing all limbs with hope for you!! and Dwrgi - the whole business is just exhausting! I can't even imagine the added stress of IVF or IUI on top of everything else. I think you should treat your self to a duvet and chocolate day! (and maybe some wine!!) :hugs: :hugs: Lhugs:

and Heavenly - Im impressed with you not-testing. well done you :hugs:

Thank you for your sensitivity and awareness girls! It's so good to get support like this on here!!!

Butterfly-how truly Hong Kong pooooooooey is your BFN news. Grrr. Why can't magic happen, instead of this constant cr*p???? Sending big :hugs::hugs: to you hun!

Lots and lots of love to you both, :thumbup:
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"