TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

thanks Dwrgi - you are lovely. I am especially cheered by "bums and knickers and bollo$" - bless you! :hugs: I know it is completely unreasonable to expect no-one around me to get pregnant, but it does get to you (and I know all you ladies know) In saying that if this whole forum was to announce their pregnancies this month - I would be sooooo happy (as long as you came back and visited me here!!) weird isn't it!? :wacko: Ive pulled myself together again now a bit and I will have wine because it's Friday

thank you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

you ladies are just the best!!!! - my sanity would have been long gone without you

Not weird at all, hun. :hugs: I'm sorry - those work announcements are hard. Big big :hugs:

Dwrgi, thanks for your input - I really appreciate it. I really have no interest in doing another IUI, it's all about convincing DH. And I really appreciate knowing you had a hard time accepting it right up until you started stims... I thought I was completely on board with it and ready to go, but clearly I wasn't - my anxiety disappeared when the nurse said we couldn't move forward this month! :wacko: Clearly I have a lot to work on in counseling over the next month!! :haha:

:hi: ajanad

Lilsluz - now wouldn't that be fab!
Maybe if you have a peek on the LTTTC board - Im sure there are some threads over there about thyroid issues. hope that helps x

Will do Thanks!

iPenn, I'm sorry AF showed. And BTW, I had cramps from clomid so your doc is wrong. They've never been on clomid so how would they know? That is great you are paying attention to your body and all the symptoms. I think that is really important to be aware of what your body is telling you.

Purple, I know how you feel. You have every right to feel the way you do. And it is very good that you don't have much contact with her.

Dwrgi, you are right and I do think things happen for a reason. I was apprehensive about IVF too up until I started stimming. Once I was in the process I felt like I was on the right track. Its just too bad I had a crappy RE.

HA, dwrgi is right in multiple IUI's depleting ovarian reserve and its good you don't want to do more. Its best to save that up for the big guns, IVF. But its your decision and what you feel comfortable with. The IVF process is very emotional. I know I was on edge a lot dying to know what my bloods were and how many follicles I had that day. I know your head is reeling and you aren't sure what to do but there has to be a little inkling of a feeling that is dominant over the rest. Its your body and you have the ultimate decision.

AFM, I think DH gets the picture. He made a smoothie yesterday all on this own and put away the dishes and did laundry. He even gave the dogs a bath this morning! I just hope it lasts! Acupuncture today so I'm excited about that. I'm looking forward to the weekend.

Hope everyone's Friday goes well :hugs:

afm - I know Im going to sound like a complete bitch, but I just found out someone in work is pregnant :cry: I am happy for her, but just feel so sad for me (iykwim) I found myself being grateful that she is someone who I don't really have much to do with in a normal day (works in admin away from clinical things) Im evil I know, but today Im going to wallow in self pity!! (and have a wine tonight!)

Purple--there is a girl in our group who is pregnant and site in the next cubicle. people stop all day to talk about the pregnancy. sometimes they go on and on about women over 35 (she is 25) trying to have babies and how awful it is that they waited so long :cry:. i have thought about asking to move, but the girl herself is so sweet, i would never make things awkward for her. :hugs:

Happy Friday Everyone.

Found out today we are going clomid free for the next cycle. This is partly because we have to take a 1 hour telephone counseling course before we can use donor sperm. The other part is that the clomid did not change my cycle much at all. I had all of the side effects, but ovulation, uterine lining, follicle size, and length of cycle all went unchanged.

Anyone else bleed like a geyser after a clomid cycle???? TMI I am sure, but good grief--this is for the birds.

Should have had the hubby get some :wine:. Feeling a little depressed tonight. Just need some rest and I'll be ok.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Dearest ladies, sorry for not responding to any other posts but I am in a bit of a state of shock. I got this this morning.

DSCF2409.jpg

Dearest ladies, sorry for not responding to any other posts but I am in a bit of a state of shock. I got this this morning.

AMAZING news Butterfly I am thrilled for you. YAHOOO :happydance::happydance::happydance:

It always makes me so happy when one of us gets a BFP as we go against everything that Dr's and society tell us, we are not too old and our bodies can still work we just take a little longer to get to the finish line :hugs:

Anyone else bleed like a geyser after a clomid cycle???? TMI I am sure, but good grief--this is for the birds.

I definately did! I never was one to have heavy periods before but clomid screwed me all up. Like I said previously, I had horrible cramps and a super heavy period on top of that.

I definately did! I never was one to have heavy periods before but clomid screwed me all up. Like I said previously, I had horrible cramps and a super heavy period on top of that.

Thanks Missy. I am going on day 3 of this. I mean dripping on the floor! I have always had heavy periods, but this is for the birds. DH asked if I wanted him to call to doctor and see if it is normal, but I doubt they would associate the 2. They don't even think the cramps are related. I will just try to rest and hope things slow down soon. Super glad there is no clomid this month!

Oh no...so sorry to read that ipen...I just started my 1st clomid cycle yesterday. Not sure what to expect really :-(

AFM, things got even crazier after my last post. We went in to the clinic Friday morning to get our blood drawn for the necessary pre-IVF labs, and we had them go ahead and do an ultrasound and E2 on me just in case DH and I decided to go ahead with an IUI this cycle. We sat down with our nurse for a menopur tutorial (I haven't used it before and it's part of my IVF protocol), and she had some news for us - she'd learned that if we were comfortable accepting the risk that I might not be immune to rubella and chicken pox, we COULD go ahead and start IVF now if we wanted to. :wacko: The full story is in my journal, but the gist of it is that official policy is that you can't start until the labs are done because they'd have to cancel the cycle mid-way if the HIV or hepatitis tests were positive (they're required to by the gov't.) But given that we are confident those won't be a problem for us, the clinic agreed to let us start now. On top of that, we know I'm immune to chicken pox (because I had a bad case when I was 9 or 10), and we know my rubella immunity status was good within the last few years so we're willing to bet that it's still good now.

After deliberating all day yesterday, we decided to go ahead and do IVF now. I started the injections this morning. :thumbup: We'd both gotten ourselves so geared up for it this week that, now that we once again had the option to start now, we didn't want to sit around another 4 weeks and get ourselves all worked up for it again - we just want to get it over with now.

After deliberating all day yesterday, we decided to go ahead and do IVF now. I started the injections this morning. :thumbup: We'd both gotten ourselves so geared up for it this week that, now that we once again had the option to start now, we didn't want to sit around another 4 weeks and get ourselves all worked up for it again - we just want to get it over with now.

So pleased for you!!! Wishing you loads of luck and :dust:! x

HA, thanks so much, I'm still thinking AF will show :haha:

That is great that you have started the IVF today :happydance::happydance: - like you say you are bound to be fine for those tests so at least you don't have to sit around and wait and stress yourselves. I am so excited for you :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Morning Ladies,

Hope you are all enojoying your weekend and having a lazy Sunday :hugs:

Ipen I hope the bleeding slows soon for you as it totally sucks to suffer like that and everything crossed that next cycle is your BFP cycle:hugs:\

HA woohoo to starting your stimms and getting underway with IVF this month, I know all those tests are a real pain and shows you have a great Dr to find a way around all the red tape so you can start now. I am praying for you honey that this is the last cycle you have to endure and then you join me in the fat club :hugs:

Butterfly I am with you on it taking time for your fab news to sink in, for the first few weeks of pregnancy I was convinced I would suffer a MC again and my happiness would end. In the beginning you will get all sorts of niggles, cramps and pains and you will be convinced that you are about to bleed but don't worry this is normal as your body changes and your hormones are surging. Just enoy as much as you can and sleep when your body tells you it is exhausted:hugs:

AFM had a PJ day yesterday and didn't leave the house, it was bliss. Pottered about the house doing some baby stuff and then was online to my friends on skype. DH's parents got online to me and to be honest made me so upset again. Basically I am not close at all to them as have only met them 4 times briefly as we live in different countries and to be honest we have very different views on manners etc. Well anyway yesterday they did not even bother to ask how DH and I were it was straight to the point of baby and everything about them and her again pushing for me to stay with them when I visit the UK, it really made me feel like an incubator and I hated it. Tried to explain to DH but he got on the defensive and told me I have to stay with them. I am so upset that it is seriously making me think of cancelling my trip home and staying here for Ramadan which will be no fun with a newborn. I simply don't feel comfortable staying with them and do not know anyone apart from them in the area so would be so isolated. Why do families have to be difficult :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->