TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Carole I think your DH is completely wrong but wonder if he is just afraid to stand up to his parents. Stick to your guns, it is not fair on you and you are the most important. I have to admit I would not stay for Ramadan either :hugs::hugs:

:wohoo: butterfly and sending you lots of :dust: for stickyness

HA...roller coaster isn't the word :hugs: I'm glad you're going forward with the IVF and I truly hope this will be for your much deserved sticky baby :hugs:

Dwrgi...good luck on your journey too...hoping this is it for you too :dust:

Purple...damn other women :grr: I have a student for lunch on Wednesday's and the preggo three staff always sit at the same table. Even being pregnant makes me want to tell them to shut up or change the subject as all they do is moan and I have often said shut up you don't realise how lucky you are :grr: big :hugs:

Missy...how're you doing sweet?

FM..hope you're enjoying hubby weekend :hugs:

All the new ladies...sorry if the witch is still here :grr: and :dust: to you all

Carole...seriously..YOU are an adult and they should treat you as one. You and Zara will still be getting to know each other and I say that if they want to spend that time with you..they need to make plans for them to travel to you. His parents or not...I'd never dream of going somewhere that I wasn't comfortable with a baby or no baby. Tell hubby it's not happening and there's no discussion. Would he spend the time at your parents on his own with Zara???

AFM...5 more sleeps till another scan...still not believing :shrug:

XxX

AFM, things got even crazier after my last post. We went in to the clinic Friday morning to get our blood drawn for the necessary pre-IVF labs, and we had them go ahead and do an ultrasound and E2 on me just in case DH and I decided to go ahead with an IUI this cycle. We sat down with our nurse for a menopur tutorial (I haven't used it before and it's part of my IVF protocol), and she had some news for us - she'd learned that if we were comfortable accepting the risk that I might not be immune to rubella and chicken pox, we COULD go ahead and start IVF now if we wanted to. :wacko: The full story is in my journal, but the gist of it is that official policy is that you can't start until the labs are done because they'd have to cancel the cycle mid-way if the HIV or hepatitis tests were positive (they're required to by the gov't.) But given that we are confident those won't be a problem for us, the clinic agreed to let us start now. On top of that, we know I'm immune to chicken pox (because I had a bad case when I was 9 or 10), and we know my rubella immunity status was good within the last few years so we're willing to bet that it's still good now.

After deliberating all day yesterday, we decided to go ahead and do IVF now. I started the injections this morning. :thumbup: We'd both gotten ourselves so geared up for it this week that, now that we once again had the option to start now, we didn't want to sit around another 4 weeks and get ourselves all worked up for it again - we just want to get it over with now.

HA-I think this is really brilliant news. Waiting and worrying is the worst thing about IVF and now that you will have started, you will feel so much more in control! Brilliant!! Grow follies grow!!! How much menopur are you on every day? Do they test you for your E2 with each scan too?

Good luck to you hun, and let's bring that :bfp: on!!
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Never-brilliant that Oopsie clearly wants to stay! Can't wait to hear how you get on at the scan! Big :hugs: to you hun! xxx

Carole-I completely agree with Never and Butterfly, your DH is completely out of order and he needs to be a man and fess up to his parents. I wonder if they KNOW that he will not stand up to them and are going at you instead with all the guilt? How dare they? Tell DH it is non-negotiable, they can travel to see you whilst you stay in London, and that is THE END OF IT! Bloody cheek!

Don't let it upset you, they're clearly bullies that are used to having their own way. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

HA-I think this is really brilliant news. Waiting and worrying is the worst thing about IVF and now that you will have started, you will feel so much more in control! Brilliant!! Grow follies grow!!! How much menopur are you on every day? Do they test you for your E2 with each scan too?

Good luck to you hun, and let's bring that :bfp: on!!
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My protocol is 225iu follistim in the morning, and 75iu follistim plus 150iu (2 vials) menopur in the evening. They'll check my follies, E2 and LH every day beginning Wednesday (cd7), and I'll probably start the ganirelix that day, too.

My nurse also went over the trigger shot instructions with us on Friday - for my IUIs we used ovidrel which is a pre-mixed sub-cutaneous syringe, but for IVF it will be an intra-muscular shot that has to go in my bum. When she pulled out the needle for it I thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head - it was enormous!! :shock: She saw my reaction and quickly reassured me that the giant needle is for mixing the diluent and the powder, NOT for sticking in my bum - the bum needle is MUCH smaller!!! :thumbup: She then had me stand up so she could teach DH how to inject it, and he was clearly uncomfortable with it... in our first IUI cycle he tried doing one of my follistim injections just to see if he could, and he did NOT take it well - he got pretty freaked out about sticking me. Well, with this IM injection in the bum, there is no way I can do that one to myself... so my amazing nurse, seeing his reaction, asked exactly where we live... she then said, depending on what time of day my trigger shot winds up needing to be done, that she would come to the house and give it to me herself because she only lives 20 min away. :shock: :shock: :shock: Can you believe that??!!! My nurse is amazing!! :cloud9:

Carole, I am so sorry you're still getting pressure from the in-laws about visiting them. My view on in-law matters has always been that if my DH has a problem with my parents, then I have a problem with my parents and it is my job to set things right. I think your DH needs to propose some sort of compromise, because clearly his parents are not going to let up. It's his job to do so, because love for him is the one thing you and your in-laws have in common. And a compromise really is in everyone's best interests, because you are all family now and Zara binds you all together forever - you will always be her mother, and they will always be her grandparents. But his parents aren't going to understand that until he understands that. If your DH wants harmony in his life, then he needs to step up to the plate and lead you all to a solution here.

Butterfly, I just realized you had a blog! Duh!

Carol, I never feel comfortable when I visit my in-laws. One of them always has something stupid to say or they bring up DH's ex. Its not their baby and they really need to backoff. I really hope that you can avoid them and save yourself some stress.

AFM, not much going on. I'm on CD8 so I told DH he better be ready for lots of BDing. I'm trying to figured out a healthy lunch to make. I'm to the point where I could eat just veggies. But I always have to throw a little meat in for DH.

Hi Ladies :)

I missed yesterday here, and then I popped on now and OMG - Butterfly - I am soooooooo happy for you!! omgomgomg - this is just brilliant perfect wonderful happy amazing fantabulous (it's a new word) news. huge congratulations :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:
:yipee::yipee::yipee:
:headspin::headspin::headspin:

carole - this is a horrible situation to be in!. how old will Zara be when you have tp travel. can your DH and Inlaws understand that you need to be comfortable and will have a very small baby in tow, so people need to make concessions for you!! I hope this gets resolved!

ipen - ohh - sounds horrid, I hope the bleeding stops soon xxxx

HA - ohhh - maybe this is all a sign, a surprise "go" for IVF, a nurse who will help with the injections - It's meant to be.Go go go for that BPF!! :hugs:

Dwrgi - when are you starting your stimms?? Im ready and waiting to cheer you on!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Never - Im so happy for you hun, Im quietly stalking and sending :dust: your way and waiting for news. big :hugs:

Omm and Pad - big :hugs: just because - I hope you ladies are doing ok?

and huge :hugs: to everyone else including (but not limited to) Missy, Twinkle, FM, Heavenly, anorak, Nikki, LadyH, Northstar, skye, lava and everyone Ive missed (sorry)

afm - no news really, brody is all nicely healed and bounced back to his normal naughty self :awww: and my DH brought himself a bottle of Zinc tablets today, because he's read they are good for men preconception :thumbup: (with absolutely no promting or mention from me!!) I am just so happy about Butterfly I have nothing else to add :cloud9:

Good Afternoon All,

Things finally slowed down for me and I am looking forward to my clomidless cycle. I have monitored for LH surge before starting treatments and did get them so hopefully all is well. I wonder if any of these annoying side effects linger beyond one cycle.

Good luck on the IVF. I will have to watch your progress so that I know what to expect if I go that route.

:happydance: Loving all the :bfp:s in the 35+ group!

Wishing a happy week, excellent :sex:, healthy :spermy:, and :dust: to all.

Amy

ipenn I hope you get a better cycle this month without the clomid and things settle down a bit. FX for you :thumbup:

Purple, thank you so much, am still on :cloud9: myself lol :hugs:

Butterfly - I actually had a little cry for you, Im so happy!! I was trying to tell DH about you, and the tears just came :D congratulations again. Have you told your partner yet??

Butterfly - I actually had a little cry for you, Im so happy!! I was trying to tell DH about you, and the tears just came :D congratulations again. Have you told your partner yet??

Aw thanks honey :cry::hugs::hugs: Yes he is very pleased too - hopefully I'll pop down to see him tomorrow for a celebratory meal :hugs::hugs:

What a WEEKEND - Butterfly I am still whooping for you!

Ipenn - hope all calms down for you and you get a natural this cycle

Purple - glad Brody is feeling better :hugs:wow and OH big up, I wish mine would!! Apparently I all obsessed when I should be NTNP

Carol - stand your ground, you know what is best :kiss:

Never - I am a stalker yes, sending :hugs: your way

HA - OH will get over it and get used to sticking it in your arse :rofl: (sorry all british humour)

Have a great week all. hugs to a not mentioned :dust:

HA - OH will get over it and get used to sticking it in your arse :rofl: (sorry all british humour)

You know, when I wrote that post the first thing that I typed was that DH was freaked out at the thought of sticking it to me in the bum... I went back and reworded it! :haha::haha: I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a filthy mind!! :rofl:

You know, when I wrote that post the first thing that I typed was that DH was freaked out at the thought of sticking it to me in the bum... I went back and reworded it! :haha::haha: I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a filthy mind!! :rofl:

:haha::haha::haha:

In all seriousness, If I lived close to you, Id offer to do the injection for you. (I do them all the time in work and honestly, although the needles apear long, they are super sharp and can be done fast!)

Hope everyone's Friday goes well :hugs:

afm - I know Im going to sound like a complete bitch, but I just found out someone in work is pregnant :cry: I am happy for her, but just feel so sad for me (iykwim) I found myself being grateful that she is someone who I don't really have much to do with in a normal day (works in admin away from clinical things) Im evil I know, but today Im going to wallow in self pity!! (and have a wine tonight!)

Purple--there is a girl in our group who is pregnant and site in the next cubicle. people stop all day to talk about the pregnancy. sometimes they go on and on about women over 35 (she is 25) trying to have babies and how awful it is that they waited so long :cry:. i have thought about asking to move, but the girl herself is so sweet, i would never make things awkward for her. :hugs:

Ipen, that's HORRIBLE! People have no right to judge anyone at anytime for anything. You never know what others have been through in life. We all do the best we can with the hand we were dealt. I can't imagine having to hear something like that! argh!

Just know that we are all in the same boat & we are all pulling for you -

Can I ask you guys something? I like a little wine here & there. Do you all completely abstain from alcohol from O to AF?

Gosh, it's hard enough waiting 2.5 wks & its been over a year of trying, so sometimes I just feel guilty having a couple glasses of wine (2 or 3 tops). But other times I just feel like if its "strong" & meant to be, then 2 glasses of wine aren't going to do anything? Espec. interested to see what people in other countries do/feel/told...

Can I ask you guys something? I like a little wine here & there. Do you all completely abstain from alcohol from O to AF?

Gosh, it's hard enough waiting 2.5 wks & its been over a year of trying, so sometimes I just feel guilty having a couple glasses of wine (2 or 3 tops). But other times I just feel like if its "strong" & meant to be, then 2 glasses of wine aren't going to do anything? Espec. interested to see what people in other countries do/feel/told...

I have to admit at the start that I didn't have any alcohol at all. Then I went to no alcohol in the TWW. Then this last month when i had just given up :dohh: I'm afraid to say I went to see a friend the days after O and we drank a couple of bottles in 2 days between us and then this last 10 days I have probably had half a dozen drinks before I got the bfp :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->