TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Can I ask you guys something? I like a little wine here & there. Do you all completely abstain from alcohol from O to AF?

Gosh, it's hard enough waiting 2.5 wks & its been over a year of trying, so sometimes I just feel guilty having a couple glasses of wine (2 or 3 tops). But other times I just feel like if its "strong" & meant to be, then 2 glasses of wine aren't going to do anything? Espec. interested to see what people in other countries do/feel/told...

I do not abstain. Granted, all I ever drink is about a glass of wine/week, but on occasion (like this past Friday!) I give myself permission to get a little loopy. :drunk: The baby doesn't get a drop of blood from you until a few weeks in, so don't sweat it. Here's the way I see it - if having an occasional glass of wine every now and then were so bad for your baby, there would never be any healthy babies born in France! Half of all pregnancies in the US are unplanned, so their mothers have no idea they're pregnant in the tww... and their babies are just fine. IMO, the US is such a litigious society that drs have to tell everyone to abstain completely because they know not everyone is responsible enough to know what "in moderation" means. The other thing I've learned is that you can do EVERYTHING "right" and still miscarry anyway... the very vast majority of 1st tri losses are caused by random chromosomal errors (anywhere from 75-90%, depending on who you read), and a glass of wine does not cause a chromosomal error.

Have a glass with dinner tonight and enjoy yourself. :wine:

Can I ask you guys something? I like a little wine here & there. Do you all completely abstain from alcohol from O to AF?

Gosh, it's hard enough waiting 2.5 wks & its been over a year of trying, so sometimes I just feel guilty having a couple glasses of wine (2 or 3 tops). But other times I just feel like if its "strong" & meant to be, then 2 glasses of wine aren't going to do anything? Espec. interested to see what people in other countries do/feel/told...

Well, I am not in another country, but I will chime in. I am sure that the vast majority of women do not abstain in any type of activity between EVERY ovulation and AF and things typically turn out fine. I know we are in a higher risk group, but I tend to agree that if the DNA is the embryo is sound, the fetus will develop. The one thing that can make a big difference is actually taking folic acic. That is really shown to help in neural tube development which happens in the 2ww or soon after. Other than that, I think the other is additional stress we heap upon ourselves. That being said--I am so paranoid, that I avoid all controversial 2ww activities at least for now.

i had a drink the night before my iui. but nothing until i got af 2 wks later. im drinking periodically until my next iui which should be about a week or so from now. then not drinking until i know either way on that round. caffeine im at 200mg a day and staying there.. dunno bout the gym again. working out now but the femara is making me sleepy and the hcg knocked me out last time too..

I've tried everything-giving up alcohol completely (nightmare), and then no alcohol in 2WW, and stillno success, so I do drink. I find all this soooo stressful that it helps me to unwind. I also know that the FS at the clinic I use actually says it's fine to have a glass of wine during stimming, etc., although I know this is quite unorthodox. Everybody says that you should give alcohol up during treatment so that you know that you did everything that you could, but IDK, I don't think one glass would harm anybody or anything.

I guess it's your call!

HA-oooh no, Mrs!!!! More tea vicar!! You did make me laugh! :happdance:
Seriously, though, how are you getting on with the meds? All ok? In the UK, most clinics (Skye's ARGC does) don't test for E2 but I wish they did. Why isn't this a universal thing? Big :hugs: to you! xx

Butterfly-how are you feeling, lovely?? Still so excited for you! :flower:

Love to everybody!!

AFM-I have just gone through my stash of ICSI drugs, and on top of the usual suprecur and menopur, I also have testo(sterone) patches which I'm supposed to rub onto my arm from CD21 of the cycle before treatment. It's supposed to help with those who've had low response (I assume I won't develop a hairy chest and go out looking for fights, or a cheap sh&g!!! :haha:). Also progyvena (sp?) to help with womb lining, although my endometrium was fine last time. Hmmm, intriguing.

Have a great week guys! Come on with the :bfp:!

Hey guys

I don't drink but I do like Diet Coke and chocolate, so trying not to have too much of that, but it's difficult, especially in the 2WW! :wacko:

AF hasn't shown up yet, I am convinced it will today. I am on CD26 and 13DPO, will be testing with a FRER tomorrow.

:dust: to all! xxx

Butterfly - just popping in to say Yay!!!!!! Congratulations on your fantastic news! xxxx

Hi girls-more articles for you! I honestly can vouch that I am NOT a Daily Mail reader, but I was told about this. Especially of interest to those with male factor infertility!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...rough-scientists-grow-sperm-outside-body.html

HA-oooh no, Mrs!!!! More tea vicar!! You did make me laugh! :happdance:
Seriously, though, how are you getting on with the meds? All ok? In the UK, most clinics (Skye's ARGC does) don't test for E2 but I wish they did. Why isn't this a universal thing? Big :hugs: to you! xx

So far, so good. :thumbup: Today is day 3 of stims. We're going out tonight, though, so I'm going to have to do tonight's shots in a public restroom somewhere - I hate that. The Super Bowl is being played here next weekend, and DH wants to go downtown for all the festivities. He's taking the afternoon off so we can go get in on the excitement. Plus, tonight's concert is the Village People! If dancing to YMCA isn't a good IVF stress reliever, I don't know what is! :happydance:

Hey guys

I don't drink but I do like Diet Coke and chocolate, so trying not to have too much of that, but it's difficult, especially in the 2WW! :wacko:

I can't give up the Diet Coke. I've tried, but it keeps calling me back.... I switched to the caffeine free and I only drink one/day, but it's like crack - I can't quit it!

Purple, good to hear Brody is back to normal and yay! for DH buying zinc.

HA, DH had to put the shot in my behind. It wasn't that bad. I think I got more nervous during the build up. Its best to lay down on your stomach and try to think of something else so you can relax. I just talked away about my day at work and told him not to tell me when he was going to do it and before I knew it, it was over.

Lil, I really don't know if drinking makes a difference or not. I have a problem stopping at one glass so I decided to not do it for a while and see what happens. My friend's SIL drank all through her IVF cycle and still got pregnant and delivered a baby. You just never know.

AFM, started doing OPKs yesterday. I'm expecting O around Friday.

I am not a big drinker, but Ill have a wine if a I fancy it now, at the beginning I didn't drink at all and I don't feel it's made much difference tbh, Im sure we all people who concieved in a drunken bout of passion and went on to deliver a healthy baby :)
I also love diet cola!! I am sticking to the caffiene free version also and tend to have it with my dinner in the evening. when you think about how long you are on ths journey for...if you gave up everything, you'd be so completely deprived!!

omg - HA - The Village people???? yay!!

https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t292/smiliegirl2007/ymca.gif
that's going to be so much fun!

Dwrgi - that sounds like a lot of meds!! but it will be worth it in the end I am sure! :hugs:

big loves to everyone! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: how's everyone's monday?

Purple you got a Village People smiley :haha::haha::rofl:

Yes, HA that does sound like good fun. I have never seen the superbowl but it does get a bit of press over here :thumbup:

Drwgi that article is interesting, wonder how long it will take them :thumbup:

Missy, hope you are getting ready for the BDing then :thumbup:

Twinkle - thanks :thumbup::hugs::hugs:

I also love diet cola!! I am sticking to the caffiene free version also and tend to have it with my dinner in the evening. when you think about how long you are on ths journey for...if you gave up everything, you'd be so completely deprived!!

It's a loooooooooooooooooooong day. Hoping that AF doesn't turn up!!

I don't know why I am getting my hopes up....I'm 46 for flippin sake, what are the odds??? More chance of me winning America's Next Top Model. :brat:

Apologies, losing the plot a bit here. :blush:

It's a loooooooooooooooooooong day. Hoping that AF doesn't turn up!!

I don't know why I am getting my hopes up....I'm 46 for flippin sake, what are the odds??? More chance of me winning America's Next Top Model. :brat:

Apologies, losing the plot a bit here. :blush:

I hope AF stays away for you!! :hugs:

butterfly - who knew!? there is a smiley for every occasion! :D
how are you doing today?? is the news sinking in??

**TMI alert**
see this is yucky, but I know you ladies will appreciate it - Ive been drinking grapefruit juice every day and today Ive had EWCM - it's the first time ever!!!! (and not even a glimpse of John taylor :haha: ) I am ever so excited! (how dull must my life be to be excited over mucous? :wacko: )

Yay, go for it purple :sex: - I never tried the grapefruit juice (yuk) but I heard good things about it.

Am feeling fine thanks, is sinking in, am no just trying to stay laid back. Que sera sera and all that :hugs:

**TMI alert**
see this is yucky, but I know you ladies will appreciate it - Ive been drinking grapefruit juice every day and today Ive had EWCM - it's the first time ever!!!! (and not even a glimpse of John taylor :haha: ) I am ever so excited! (how dull must my life be to be excited over mucous? :wacko: )

Excellent news! :thumbup: I love grapefruit juice.

Ooooh I do love Grapefruit juice. Does pink grapefruit work too as I have that in the fridge?

Heavenly you are SO patient not testing yet!

Hope you all had a good Monday, mine was busy but I only thought about ttc four times in the working day which is a miracle! :wacko:

:hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss: to you all

Hi ladies

CD1 for me, I am going to have a go at charting for the first time, I also have a CB thingy so going all out this month fingers crossed :)

ladyH - it's the pink kind that I am drinking - it's yummy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->