TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Love the burlesque show and dancing icon!

Yay for pregnant and engagement never. (never say never :))

I dropped the high pre-LH surge temps from my chart and still no crosshairs. I had to get a flu shot for work early in this cycle and it drove my temp up a bit. today my temp was 98.6. tomorrow is progesterone blood draw and i expect it to be the same as last month since the temp is the same.

Last week was a meat grinder, but at least it went fast. I cannot believe it is only Wednesday :dohh:. I officially resigned today so I can start my new job. I start on the 27th and hopefully things will work this month because next month, I will be gone 2 weeks straight.

so im likely crazy but.. got my schedule for march with two juicy weeks off in the middle of the month.. quick timing check.. nope if this month fails, next iui would be before that.. ok.. sun.. booked a trip to belize. just trying to figure out plane tickets. trip ends on a sat and i work monday.. but.. it ends on a island so i dont wanna try to fly out til afternoon which makes my flight land after the stupid train stops.. sigh.. but if i come back sunday the earliest i can possibly get back is 7pm. which is fine IF one can actually get through houston customs in 1hr and 20 min which i dont believe (having been there before but ALL of the flights are booked that way). so even if they get me on anther flight im still getting home way late for work the next day.. sigh.. oh and if this cycle work.. whee morning sickness while travling.. good plan right?

so im likely crazy but.. got my schedule for march with two juicy weeks off in the middle of the month.. quick timing check.. nope if this month fails, next iui would be before that.. ok.. sun.. booked a trip to belize. just trying to figure out plane tickets. trip ends on a sat and i work monday.. but.. it ends on a island so i dont wanna try to fly out til afternoon which makes my flight land after the stupid train stops.. sigh.. but if i come back sunday the earliest i can possibly get back is 7pm. which is fine IF one can actually get through houston customs in 1hr and 20 min which i dont believe (having been there before but ALL of the flights are booked that way). so even if they get me on anther flight im still getting home way late for work the next day.. sigh.. oh and if this cycle work.. whee morning sickness while travling.. good plan right?

My head is spinning!! :wonky:
but Belize sounds fab!!:happydance:

Hi Ladies - I am hoping to join you. I am 38 and TTC #1. My DH has 0 sperm due to cancer treatment as a young adult. Presently, I don't think I have any known fertility issues but I miscarried twice now (one back in August due to inability of fetus to implant due to large polyp in uterus) and now another miscarriage (don't know what the reason for this one is). The donor's SA was fine but I am concerned because he is 60 yro. However, he is a good friend of ours and we are all in this together. I hope you don't mind if I join you.

Twinkle, I love that you did a burlesque performance for DH. What fun!

Ipen, good luck on the new job.

Lils, thank for the pH test info.

AFM, I'm just having a bad week. I typed out a huge post last night and then the site froze up and I lost everything. Anyway, AF showed yesterday 2 days early. I'm not sure what's up with that. Valentine's dinner was a disaster. We went to the restaurant where we had our first date and DH proposed to me. We've gone there the past few Valentine's and everything was good. This time the service was horrible. They didnt' have the first thing I ordered. They didn't have the 2nd thing I ordered in its place! We watched 4 couples just get up from their tables and walk out because the servers never came to their tables. We waited 10 mins before a server greeted us. A man reamed out the manager because their food came out cold. Then our food sucked. We were so disapointed and let down because that was our place. On top of that, Bandit is sick again. He has bell's palsy of some sort on the right side of his face. The vet doesn't know what its from but I think its from the stupid meds they gave him for his stomach issues. He can't blink his right eye and he drools from that side of his mouth. They said it could go away on its own. I really hope it does. He's only 6. And then work has been crappy this week. I just want this week to be over. Only good thing is I have a therapist appoinment tonight.

Welcome Frolicky - we're glad you found us. I'm sorry for your losses.

Missy - I'm sorry you're having a rubbish week - grr to AF. It's so disappointing when somewhere you love to eat turns out to have gone down hill. Have they got a new owner or something??

Welcome froliky!! Im sure you have posted here maybe once before - In which case welcome back :D - If I am wrong (and it's very likely) then I hope your stay here is short and sweet :flower:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Missy :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Im sorry that AF arrived at all, let alone 2 days early!! and the resturant sounds horrible, what a shame when it's always been lovely before :(

Dr S-your plan sounds amazingly complicated. But, I agree with Purple, that Belize sounds fab. Just a good idea to get away. And hopefully you WILL have morning sickness, but I mean that in the sense that it will be a sign of being PG!

Twinkle-you are brilliant for your burlesque performance! Still can't get over it-I just would not have the confidence. xx

Frolicky-I think you've posted before? So sorry to hear about the second mc. It is true that the older the man the harder it is to get PG, but I also know that sperm replenishes itself every three months, so there shouldn't be any real issue, surely? Mind, I'm not an EXPERT on older men's sperm, if you don't mind my saying. Has your donor had his sperm tested for motility and morphology? Hope your stay here is short and sweet too! xx

Oh Missy, I am so sorry that AF showed. She is so unwelcome. I read in the Emma Cannon book that how we approach our periods is crucial in our mentall health. Basically, what she says is that, we shouldn't rue the onset of our period, but see it as another month to get ourselves even more prepared and healthier for our pregnancies, and I like that, as it is true! Think of all the good you are doing yourself with your incredibly healthy eating and living, and you are putting in place the essential ingredients for making your pregnancy the healthiest it can be. So, don't be discouraged, and see it as another month to get even healthier. :kiss::kiss: I think it really sucks when we build our expectations up about places, and they fall short. Can you write a really stinky review of this place on tripadvisor which will a. make you feel better, and b. force them to do something about their slovenly standards? And bless poor Bandit, the poor thing. Isn't Bell's Palsy a stress related neurological condition? He's probably run down after everything he's been through. I'm sure that you will take good care of him, because you love him so. And boo hiss for crappy work-roll on the weekend for you, hun, and I hope you have some nice things planned to look forward to? Sending you big hugs and hopes that things can only get better now! xxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Ipen-way to go with starting your new job! The beginning of a new exciting chapter in your life! xxx

Lots of love to you all,
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
P.S. Still taking norethisterone and the testo gel. Testo gel gives me facial spots and greasy hair. Oh my, I'm a beauty alright!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

hello all
im new to posting but i really enjoy reading everyones thoughts
im TTc for the first time - been off pill since september 2010 and nothing has happened - ill be 37 in march
im 9dpo today, the last few days except today i have had twinges in my lower left and right sides as well as some slight cramping as well as a good bit of watery cm, i feel bloated all week but that could be because i have been eating loads of rubbish like crisps etc!
anyway af is due on wednesday, im really hoping it doesnt come!!

good luck to you all!!!! x

Dwrgi - that is a great attitude to have for our monthly AF!! You go girl! It's very true as I guess we are telling our bodies that we don't want our AF but you need AF to be fertile and so are we subconsiously wishing our fertility away ?? - I hope I can think that when my AF comes... :) Mine comes so frequently too (24-25 day cycle - I feel jipped!)

Missy - as I said in my private note to you.... so sorry about Bandit- I hope the B.Palsy goes away.... poor thing it must be heart breaking... hang in there - we are here for you!! :) Keep up the great work you are doing for yourself and family :)

I am taking a day off tomorrow and Monday is a holiday here so a 4 day weekend - woo hoo!!! AFM - today is 7 DPO and I don't have many symptoms - just have had a bad backache for the last week and bloating ...Bbs are a bit sore but not as much as usual... But I have been very very moody and emotional this past week. I am in a better mood today because I know I will be off work for 4 days!

Have a great day/night ladies!!!

dwrgi - I think you are fab (even if you have the greasy hair and spots!) :hugs:

Missy - oh poor bandit!! I hope he recovers soon xxxx

Marg - welcome to the thread :flower: I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

LadyH - how are you doing hun?? have you avoided the dreaded testing still??

HA - how are you doing???

Twinks- I still think you are fab! maybe you could give some burleque lessons!!!

big :hugs: to never, carol, asry, heavenly (hope you're ok) Ipen, butterfly, Dashka, DrSquid and Lilsluz and all the other wonderful ladies here (sorry if Ive forgotton you!)

afm - well it cd27 - I haven't tested again (Im quite proud) but now the hope is creeping in. *sigh* have to wait and see, Im keeping my finders crossed.

Twinks, purple, dwrgi & dashka, you ladies are so kind to comment on my whiney post! I do feel a little better now. And dwrgi, thanks so much for saying AF is a new month to make things right. I need to remember that.

Welcome, froliky and margmc!

missy - you are so not whiney!! we are here for each other!! big loves xx

Hi to all my "keep me sane" cyber friends, and welcome to our new friends

9 DOP today, have not caved and tested. Unless I get any significant symptoms I am going to hang in until 14 DPO :)winkwink: don't quote me on that if I cave)!

FRRIIIIIIDAY tomorrow, I love POETS day!

Not had much :dust::dust::dust:here lately so thought I'd chuck a bit about for good measure.

Welcome Frolicky & Marg! :flower:

Missy - Boo on that darn AF! :nope: But, I agree w/dwrgi, to lessen the sting, I do something nice (& totally unhealthy) for myself when it happens, but then I get excited about the "new things I'm going to try" to get healthier "this month". :flower: Not just for fertility, but the healthy changes we are making are going to go so far for us physically, mentally, emotionally. When you start really getting into it, you get more confident about yourself, too, you know? That's after the initial disappointment, of course (& unhealthy splurge!). Try the pH thing this month? Reiki? :thumbup:

Btw, I know a few human beings who had Bell's Palsy & it did go away on its own. I think within a month? Thank God. I've had 3 different bouts of palsies that required 1.5 mos. of daily shock treatment (radial nerve palsy-twice) & then a major muscle transfer had to fly to NY for - spinal accessory nerve palsy. So rare, I was only 1 in 400 people to ever get the surg. So, I hope he recovers soon!!!!

Dashka - Canadians get off Monday, too? :rofl: j/k (from another thread) I'm off too - yay! :yipee: Although, I can't remember what holiday it is? Who cares, right?!?!?! Soooo glad for 3-day wknd, so you enjoy that 4-dayer & take it easy...

ipen - congrats on the new job!!!!! :flower:

Purple - so proud of you for holding out! :awww:

HA - how you holding up? I hope you are taking it easy... :book:

:hi: to Asry, Dwrgi, Lady H, DrS, Twinkle, & anyone else I missed! Its almost Friday - hang in there ladies! :friends:

I've had a bit of a rough week myself. Can't put my finger on it. I guess something in the air b/c I keep hearing about everyone having a bad week this past week... I've been a grouch/bad mood/"off" all week - even on V-day (poor DH). Maybe some planet is in retrograde or something...(?)

That's OK. That usually means that GOOD TIMES are around the corner, right?! :winkwink: We need a BFP this month, ladies! FX [-o< :dust:

Welcome Marg!

Oh dear think we're into the PMS phase - just told DH to F off when he really didn't deserve it & then stomped off to lock myself in the bathroom! Not quite at the point where I'm prepared to tell him to stop apologising it's my fault but will do eventually!

sorry im terrible at doing personals.. heh so.. afm.. of course my dad was all negative about how dangerous tikal is etc. but i travel with a reputable company that wouldnt go if it wasnt safe (enough). he travels a ton so it isnt that he just isnt into travel. i think ive decided to go with getting in at midnight and cabbing home.

Dr S-your plan sounds amazingly complicated. But, I agree with Purple, that Belize sounds fab. Just a good idea to get away. And hopefully you WILL have morning sickness, but I mean that in the sense that it will be a sign of being PG!

Twinkle-you are brilliant for your burlesque performance! Still can't get over it-I just would not have the confidence. xx

Frolicky-I think you've posted before? So sorry to hear about the second mc. It is true that the older the man the harder it is to get PG, but I also know that sperm replenishes itself every three months, so there shouldn't be any real issue, surely? Mind, I'm not an EXPERT on older men's sperm, if you don't mind my saying. Has your donor had his sperm tested for motility and morphology? Hope your stay here is short and sweet too! xx

Oh Missy, I am so sorry that AF showed. She is so unwelcome. I read in the Emma Cannon book that how we approach our periods is crucial in our mentall health. Basically, what she says is that, we shouldn't rue the onset of our period, but see it as another month to get ourselves even more prepared and healthier for our pregnancies, and I like that, as it is true! Think of all the good you are doing yourself with your incredibly healthy eating and living, and you are putting in place the essential ingredients for making your pregnancy the healthiest it can be. So, don't be discouraged, and see it as another month to get even healthier. :kiss::kiss: I think it really sucks when we build our expectations up about places, and they fall short. Can you write a really stinky review of this place on tripadvisor which will a. make you feel better, and b. force them to do something about their slovenly standards? And bless poor Bandit, the poor thing. Isn't Bell's Palsy a stress related neurological condition? He's probably run down after everything he's been through. I'm sure that you will take good care of him, because you love him so. And boo hiss for crappy work-roll on the weekend for you, hun, and I hope you have some nice things planned to look forward to? Sending you big hugs and hopes that things can only get better now! xxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Ipen-way to go with starting your new job! The beginning of a new exciting chapter in your life! xxx

Lots of love to you all,
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
P.S. Still taking norethisterone and the testo gel. Testo gel gives me facial spots and greasy hair. Oh my, I'm a beauty alright!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't think I could take anything that gave me greasy hair. I have enough trouble in that area. I have to wash it every day no matter what.

dwrgi - I think you are fab (even if you have the greasy hair and spots!) :hugs:

Missy - oh poor bandit!! I hope he recovers soon xxxx

Marg - welcome to the thread :flower: I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

LadyH - how are you doing hun?? have you avoided the dreaded testing still??

HA - how are you doing???

Twinks- I still think you are fab! maybe you could give some burleque lessons!!!

big :hugs: to never, carol, asry, heavenly (hope you're ok) Ipen, butterfly, Dashka, DrSquid and Lilsluz and all the other wonderful ladies here (sorry if Ive forgotton you!)

afm - well it cd27 - I haven't tested again (Im quite proud) but now the hope is creeping in. *sigh* have to wait and see, Im keeping my finders crossed.

I got my first pack of 50 Wondfo sticks and I want to break them out right now at 7DPO!!! Good job on the waiting.

drsquid--vacation sounds like a good idea

everyone who has the day off tomorrow--lucky dogs! i guess i could not show up--they cant fire me now :happydance: enjoy the day off for all of us.

welcome newbies--best forum on the site--you all rock :hugs:

afm--had progesterone draw today (wish they would listen about which vein to tap as I am all swollen and bruised). they called to tell me that it was low (6.something) and I needed to take progesterone. my husband went to the pharmacy and they had no prescription for me. the doctor's office forgot to call it in :cry: now i am worried if there is a little bean, that it will fall out due to low progesterone. last month on clomid, it was 10.something and i didnt need anything. i feel pretty annoyed at that clinic today :grr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->