TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Purplelou- Thanks! Yeah, I was hanging out at the IUI thread quite a bit. :) I am staying on BnB no matter what! I want to support and give hope to all the ladies! I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am for the support here. Good Luck to you!!! I hope you get a :bfp: real soon!

Dwrgi - Thanks! Lol about the older man's sperm. Hahaha!! He has been tested and has good counts etc. I asked doctor about getting another SA today and she said there was no need because I got pregnant, she believes I just need to be patient. Difficult when you are 38 TTC #1, but OK, I will try and take her advice.

Margmc - Welcome!!

Dashka, LilSluz & Ipen - Good Luck!!!!!!!! May you get your :bfp: and may you have a healthy and happy 9 months and therafter!

Welcome Froliky :flower: actually I have to tell you that I had been stalking you in IUI thread (sorry!!) as I'm going forward trying that this month for the FIRST time. I'm exited and scared and don't want to put too much hope in it - but somewhere back of my mind I AM putting lots of hope in it :blush:
So sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully the next one is a success and I'm sure it is! :happydance:

Welcome also Margmc to this wonderful thread :thumbup:

I'm sending my love to all of you ladies hope you are all good :hugs: and you all have a grrrrrrrrrreat weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY it's friday!!!!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::yipee::pizza::pop:

:happydance::happydance:Happy Friday Ladies:happydance::happydance:

I hope you all have a fab day!
there's load I want to write, but Ill pop back on later because I need to do some work:dohh:

big loves xx

Asryellah - OK, so I had to go back and read parts of the thread! Lol! I was not on the thread for a while after my BFP because DH and I were out of town snowboarding for 5 days and then a day later my parents arrived in town to stay with us for 10 days and I had to work and entertain/visit with them. They depart tonight. In addition, they were understanding when I found out I am going to miscarry and they respected that I needed some space (so I have been on BnB a lot). It was actually nice that they were here when I got the news.

I am still waiting for AF. Darn progesterone prolongs this stuff. My temp was still 37.0 degrees celcius this morning (high for me..it's is usually 36.5 give or take a few tenths) during AF etc.

TGIF everyone!

:happydance::happydance:Happy Friday Ladies:happydance::happydance:

I hope you all have a fab day!
there's load I want to write, but Ill pop back on later because I need to do some work:dohh:

big loves xx

Ditto - just diving in for a sneaky peek lunch time, but had to say OOOOh, Purple, chart looks goooooood! :thumbup:

Happy Friday everyone!

Lils, thanks for your post. I did order pH sticks from amazon. I went to 2 pharmacies around here and neither had them. I still can't believe what you've gone through. Wow. That just sounds so intense. I hope it is only Bell's Palsy with Bandit. He's moving his eye a little more. I do think he's improving. I hope your mood improves too.

iPenn, I'd be peeved at my clinic screwed up and didn't call in a prescription. We rely on them so much. Its not like we don't have enough going on already.

AFM, I'm still in a crappy mood. I cancelled acupuncture today because I'm just not feeling it. DH pissed me off last night.

missy -I am so glad that poor Bandit looks a bit better xx hope you feel better soon too hun xx

ladyH - thank you hun! yours is looking good too, fingers crossed for us both

HA - how are you doing???

Dwrgi - are you having lovely few days away still?? hope you are being pampered to within an inch of your life!

Ipen - Ohhh I hope you have your meds sorted now! that's just a thing you don't need to be worrying about xx

Froliky - I knew I remembered you! welcome back, Im glad you are sticking around xx

Asry - when are you doing IUI?? Im excited for you!!

DrSquid - I am glad you have sorted out plans for your trip, If it's not mean-I hope you are having morning sickness by then!!

Dashka & Lilsluz - I want a long weekend too!!! enjoy ladies xxx

heavenly - are you around ?? haven't seen you in ages!

Twinkle - has you lovely DH recovered from his amazing show the other night?? you are still my hero!

big :hugs: to carol, never, northstar, butterfly, OMM and pad (In case you are lurking) and all of you other wonderful ladies :) have a fab weekend!!

afm - well 12 dpo tomorrow, I think I may cave and test, does anyone know what the latest dpo is that you can get a first bfp, I think I read somewhere that implantation can take between 5-12 days. I am just wondering in the (likely) event of bfn @ 12 dpo, is that a definite out for the month.

I just re-read that, and I hope you can make sense of what I have written, cos it looks like gobbledegook!!

Purple - As far as I know you are not out until AF arrives, I've read of Ladies not getting BFP until several days after AF was due and having BFN's until then. FX :dust:

Purple, from investigations I did a few months ago I think there is still a 5% chance of still getting a BFP at 14dpo after bfn's so yes, I agree with Lady H:thumbup:

thanks ladies! Ive got a bit of a hope thing going on at the moment :dohh:

purplelou- not mean. im hopeful too. will make up for not picking the galapagos =). im trying to ignore EVERYTHING this month symptomwise.

DrSquid - ignoring is a good policy, and I do it pretty good most months, but this tww has been a terror!!

Dashka & Lilsluz - I want a long weekend too!!! enjoy ladies xxx

heavenly - are you around ?? haven't seen you in ages!

Twinkle - has you lovely DH recovered from his amazing show the other night?? you are still my hero!

big :hugs: to carol, never, northstar, butterfly, OMM and pad (In case you are lurking) and all of you other wonderful ladies :) have a fab weekend!!

afm - well 12 dpo tomorrow, I think I may cave and test, does anyone know what the latest dpo is that you can get a first bfp, I think I read somewhere that implantation can take between 5-12 days. I am just wondering in the (likely) event of bfn @ 12 dpo, is that a definite out for the month.

I just re-read that, and I hope you can make sense of what I have written, cos it looks like gobbledegook!!

Purple: I went & looked up recently (since I went 17DPO) & saw that there were people not getting BFP until a few days after AF due, too. Here is excerpt from FF study, Discussion & Conclusions:

Not surprisingly, we have to wait for 14 DPO to see 80% of the positive tests accounted for. This is quite in line with a separate study that we conducted earlier although in this sample we have slightly earlier testing and most likely with more sensitive tests as well.

More interesting is the conclusion that we can draw from the BFN data. According to the community data, if you get a negative test beyond 11 DPO your chance of getting a BFP later on is significantly reduced. In other words, if you get a negative (BFN) before 11 DPO (Days Past Ovulation) there is still a good chance that you could get a positive later on.

So, I'm guessing depending on the test, this one says that 20% BFPs are past 14DPO:thumbup: Hope this helps in your decision to "cave" or not! :winkwink: GL :flower:, FX :hugs: & :dust: !!!!

Oh sh%* - leaving in 5 mins for dinner & I'm not even dressed or make-up/hair! This site is dangerous!:haha: Gotta go - have a great weekend ladies!

Purple - I thought it mattered more on how many days before AF you're testing rather than how many days past O? I tested 4 days before AF was due (12dpo) and got my first but I only got a positive with concentrated urine. Otherwise BFN. The next day both tests were positive too (blood and urine). Good Luck!!! I hope your dreams come true!

Happy Friday everyone!

Lils, thanks for your post. I did order pH sticks from amazon. I went to 2 pharmacies around here and neither had them. I still can't believe what you've gone through. Wow. That just sounds so intense. I hope it is only Bell's Palsy with Bandit. He's moving his eye a little more. I do think he's improving. I hope your mood improves too.

iPenn, I'd be peeved at my clinic screwed up and didn't call in a prescription. We rely on them so much. Its not like we don't have enough going on already.

AFM, I'm still in a crappy mood. I cancelled acupuncture today because I'm just not feeling it. DH pissed me off last night.

You, too? I told DH to F off yesterday & I was a total B to him on V-Day when he was actually treating me very nicely - whats up w/that?!:growlmad: I'm really not like this other than 1 day PMS (& thats long gone). Seems like quite a few of us (you, me, Dashka, Twinks & ?) have been in this crappy "funk", eh? :growlmad::hissy::wacko::shrug: weird...

Glad you found the pH stix. Oh - it was the Vitamin Shoppe, not Vitamin World, but I don't think thats going to matter to you anyway since you got them online (but just in case anyone else was interested). Let me know what it is?

Btw, thanks - palsies were defin. pretty rough/intense. Two summers in a row I had to peck at the computer w/my left hand all day while my rt hand just hung there lifeless (totally weird). My DH had to "do my hair" for me before work everyday b/c I only had 1 hand. Can you imagine walking into the office every day meeting clients after your DH "did your hair for you"? :rofl::rofl::rofl: Funny thing is - it started out all pippy longstockings, but within 2 weeks he was so anal about brushing it & getting every single hair into my ponytail that he insisted on doing it over (& over & over...) until it was perfect. (I wasn't even going to try to teach him braids or blowdrying...) I was late almost every day bc of my DH's ponytail OCD :rofl: (awwww!) Not to go off on a tangent, but good news for bandit is that if its just part of his face (usually one side) it's gotta be Bell's palsy & should get better soon... it's pretty much the only "palsy' that gets better w/o shock treatment or major surgery - aw, poor thing! :(

I do acup on Fridays too. It did take the sting out of my newfound "tude" :finger: today, at least...?

(wait - is that icon actually giving the finger?! :rofl::rofl::rofl:)

I think I'm already starting to feel better now... :angelnot:

Hi Ladies

Not been on for a few days, will catch up with all your news soon.

We have made a difficult decision but one we think it right.

After 3 MCs trying for our first baby and we are not getting any younger (me 38 dh 46). We have given ourselves till the end of next month to get our BFP and then we are giving up.

We are sad at the thought of no baby ever but feel its the right thing to do.

I am currently 14DPO, AF due Monday ish...I tested yesterday and got BFN. We BD at the right time, but other than some spotting on 5DPO I think I am out as no symptoms at all and the 3 BFP I had I did have symptoms.

Sorry a bit of a moan there.

Happy Saturday.....

Hi Ladies

Not been on for a few days, will catch up with all your news soon.

We have made a difficult decision but one we think it right.

After 3 MCs trying for our first baby and we are not getting any younger (me 38 dh 46). We have given ourselves till the end of next month to get our BFP and then we are giving up.

We are sad at the thought of no baby ever but feel its the right thing to do.

I am currently 14DPO, AF due Monday ish...I tested yesterday and got BFN. We BD at the right time, but other than some spotting on 5DPO I think I am out as no symptoms at all and the 3 BFP I had I did have symptoms.

Sorry a bit of a moan there.

Happy Saturday.....

Penny, I am so sorry to hear this, but I do understand completely. It is heartbreaking to endure a MC, and to cope with three is just horrendous. You need a lot of courage to put yourself through another potential MC. I know of a few women on here who have done just that, and to date there are two who have got beyond the dreaded 12 week stage (and had three MCs previously) and are sailing through their PGs (fingers crossed that things continue going well for them-I am hopeful for both).

It's hard to set a time limit as, in a way, it makes the whole process even more stressful. If you don't achieve a BFP by your time limit, you will feel bereft, particularly as you have proven that you CAN get pregnant.

I know what my NHS FS would tell me if I were you-she would say that you know that you can get pregnant, and that for women our age, it takes on average two years to get pregnant anyway.

Have you had recurrent miscarriage testing? This may pick up on something that is causing you to miscarry, and it might just take a pill or medical observation to get you through. Perhaps you are progesterone deficient which may lead to the miscarriages.

I read somewhere that as long as you are still ovulating, you can still have a child. You are 'only' 38, you have time. I always thought that I didn't want to give up on my chance of having a child, as I knew I would regret it forever. I would hate it if you did the same, and always wondered 'what if.'

I'm sorry if I have spoken out of turn-I don't want to undermine your position, but just trying to help. This is a hard business and needs a lot of strength and courage. We are here to help each other and support each other, and it makes the TTC journey that much easier.

Thinking of you and sending you big :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->