TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Purple, that's wonderful! :happydance: I'm sooooo happy for you!! I love how you're keeping a cool head about it all... come on, stick little purple-bean!

We're still waiting for the date for DH's TESE - we're in the End Game, ladies :cry: I also sadly lost my dad unexpectedly in January (he went in his sleep) and what with us moving, I really don't know if I'm coming or going at the moment. So, we're hoping that we get good news from the surgery in April, as we're still undecided about using a donor, so that would probably be it for us.

I still like to pop-by and check on all of you and even when I'm 'lurking' I'm always rooting for all of you!

Much love and :hugs: to all of you. Oh, and :dust:

C xx

:hug:Tigerlily - Sorry about your father. :hugs: I hope the spring brings you much deserved R&R and joy!

Dwrgi & Missyt - Yeah, I don't think she meant to do it purposefully and maybe she did not know what to say. I do know that I am learning who is able to really be there for me and who is not. I do have some great girlfriends but am definitely weeding out some too and am actually relieved about it.

Butterfly - So sorry!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hug:

LadyH - Glad you like your doctor! It really is refreshing to find a good one. They seem difficult to find.

AFM - I took a hpt and still positive. My numbers are just not going down enough. Still waiting. Bleeding some but nothing major. I am turning :wacko:

This thread is the BEST!! I love the mature women on this thread!! A breath of fresh air!! Whew!!!!!!!!! :) Sorry but the mc forums I just get ignored. Oh well. Strange.

HI Ladies,
Such a busy Monday!!!!

Purple--:happydance::happydance::happydance:. Please don't leave us yet.:thumbup:

Butterfly--the opposite of the happy dance--this struggle is so hard and i am very sorry for your loss.

Lady H--I am always literally LOL at your posts and then DH makes me read them to him.

Seems like there are not many more in the 2ww this round.

AFM--no new news here. cramps are either the progesterone, impending period, or pregnancy--that about sums it up :dohh: OH--got an email form the new job (that i am to start Monday). He said he needed my phone # so that we can "talk about the onboarding situation". UM--situation--what situation??? I have already quit my current job--hope this is a very resolvable situation.

:hug:Tigerlily - Sorry about your father. :hugs: I hope the spring brings you much deserved R&R and joy!

Dwrgi & Missyt - Yeah, I don't think she meant to do it purposefully and maybe she did not know what to say. I do know that I am learning who is able to really be there for me and who is not. I do have some great girlfriends but am definitely weeding out some too and am actually relieved about it.

Butterfly - So sorry!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hug:

LadyH - Glad you like your doctor! It really is refreshing to find a good one. They seem difficult to find.

AFM - I took a hpt and still positive. My numbers are just not going down enough. Still waiting. Bleeding some but nothing major. I am turning :wacko:

I hope all works out for you soon. Being in limbo is the worst. Your icon cracks me up too.

mc and docs being crappy. my only explanation is that we tend to be total control freaks. we cannot do anything in that situation. lots of people i work with have no bedside manner whatsoever, they were good at school and that was it.

Oh Butterfly - I am sooooo sad to hear what happened..... Big Hugs....we are here for you anytime... xo

Purple - wow you are strong girl - Congrats on a darker line!! I would be freaking out... But I understand your being cautious... Big congrats hugs and positive vibes your way!!

Frolicky - I can't believe some people.... terrible and insensitive... I hope you are not in limbo too long.... xo

Dwrgi - hope you're ok!! sorry to hear about your terrible experience.

Tigerlily - I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad.... hope you are ok...

Missy - glad to hear Bandit is better and that you made up with DH :)

LilSluz and Asry - Hi !!! :) hope you're well....

HA - hope you're hangin' in okay..... you're almost there...

AFM - Tomorrow (Tues) I'll be 12 DPO... I will probably test in the morning (haven't yet this cycle) I have been feeling twinges today off and on like AF is coming soon and backache... so I have a feeling it may be arriving on Wed..... but I'll test tomorrow and see if anything shows. The natural progesterone cream that I use always gives me that 'pregnant' feeling so hard to know. Last month I had cramps for almost 2 days before it showed - and that never happens. I hate testing before work though - it just sets a tone for the rest of the day if it's BFN... We'll see...

Hope you ladies (and anyone I've missed - I'm sorry!) have a great day....

xoxo

Ladies, thanks so much for your wishes :hugs::hugs:

Purple, just wanted to say congrats :happydance::happydance: I really hope this is a sticky one :hugs:

Froliky, am now in limbo with you and not sure when this will start. Was going to see if anyone on the mc forum could give advice but maybe not :dohh:

Dwrgi :friends: :hugs:

butterfly and frolicky- im so sorry. ,i wish there was something i could say or do.

Ladies, thanks so much for your wishes :hugs::hugs:

Purple, just wanted to say congrats :happydance::happydance: I really hope this is a sticky one :hugs:

Froliky, am now in limbo with you and not sure when this will start. Was going to see if anyone on the mc forum could give advice but maybe not :dohh:

Dwrgi :friends: :hugs:

Butterfly honey firstly I wanted to let you know we are all here for you whenever you need us. Secondly I wanted to let you know that I understand exactly how you are feeling right now as I went through the same thing after my 1st IVF. It can be different for people but my bleed started within 7-8 days of me finding out it was over, it is all to do with your HCG levels dropping enough to start the bleed. Expect for it to be quite heavy and it can continue for a few weeks but some people only get a week it really does vary. You will find this such a tough time honey and expect to be be extremely emotional for some time to come, I would burst into tears at a drop of a hat months after and just couldn't face friends with babies at all no matter how close we were. You need to take your time to grieve properly as this is a loss for you and one that so many poeple around you will not understand no matter how hard they try. Others can seem cold and clinical when they say things to try and comfort you but they don't mean it they just can't come close to understanding how you feel right now. You take extra special care of yourself and remember we are all here for you to support you through this just as you have always supported us.

sending you love and big hugs :hugs:

Aw thanks Carole :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm in 2 minds about whether I hope it starts soon or not. Just been trying to read up on 'blighted ovum' and it seems like the hcg levels keep rising as your body doesn't realise there is no baby :nope: so it can take weeks to m/c. Oh well, will wait til I am back in the UK and go see the doc if nothing has happened by then :shrug:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hugs::hugs:oh butterfly - I am so so sorry hun!:hugs::hugs:
This is just awful for you and I wish I could make it right!
Carole gave some really good advice up there /\ /\
I honestly thought I was quite a strong level headed person, but random things made me feel so low, so give yourself lots of time and be kind to yourself xxxx we are all here if/when you need to talk

Big loves xx

Tigerlily - I am so sorry about the loss of your dad :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
I am wishing you hope for your dh tests xxxx

Big loves xx

frolicky - this is an awful wait for you! Im thinking of you and hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel soon xxxx

HA - :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: just because xx

Ipenn and dashka - Im rooting for you both!!

Missy - so glad that poor little bandit seems to be on the mend - they worry us sensless don't they!

and huge loves and :hugs: to FM, Twinks, never, lilsluz, northstar, LadyH, drsquid, asry, heavenly, carole and all you other wonderful ladies xxxx

afm, remaining calm and keeping quiet at the moment and nothing else new to report xxxx

Oh Dwrgi - I am a div - see I know Im forgetting someone and then I remember with a shock ... I am sorry hunxxx how are you doing?? and how is being back at school after your fab break away??

Good morning girls! :hi:

How are you all? :thumbup:

Purple-you are funny! I'm fine thanks. Strange being back in work, and I'm struggling to get out of bed in the mornings! But, it feels like we've never been away-so much to do in work! How are you feeling? Is the news sinking in yet? Hope you're okay? :hugs:

Butterfly-how are you feeling today hun? Have been thinking of you all night-so sorry about what's happened. It's truly cr&p. :hugs::hugs:

Hi Carole and Dr S!

Dashka-good luck with the testing today! Fingers crossed for you! :hugs:

Tigerlily-good to have your post. So sorry to hear about your father-it must have been a real shock. Good luck with the spring testing and I hope it all works out for you hun. :kiss:

Frolicky-you must be so frustrated. Come on numbers-drop! Give Frolicky a break. Big :hugs: to you hun, Axx

Ipenn-hope that the reason you have the symptoms is cos of a :bfp:!! Hope the new boss doesn't want to throw a spanner in the works :nope:. xx

Lady H-so glad you had a good appointment-it makes all the difference! :hugs:

MissyT-how are you hun? I've gone and bought some ph sticks-I shall be testing everybody within a ten miles radius, you watch!! :happydance: xx

Asry-how are you hun? xxx

HA-I've been thinking a lot about you and hoping that you are okay. Big :hugs: and :friends: to you. xxx

FM-how are you? Where are you at with your treatment now? Did you have surgery for the scarring? Please update-I miss you on here! xx

Lovely to have your post yesterday Twinks, how are you hun?! :hugs:

NS-where ARE you??? Miss you too!! :hugs::hugs:

AFM-had dreadful pains in my ovaries last night, which I assume is the norethisterone. Can't wait to finish taking them on Thurs. Will be glad to be off the testo gel too-I am just so irritable and feel no affection in my real life for anything, apart from my furbabies. I think this treatment will be IT for me. They said last summer that I responded badly and the option was donor eggs. I've used DHEA since Sept to improve the quality of my eggs, and a ton of other stuff. If this doesn't work, then I am getting more and more into the mind frame, that it just wasn't meant to be. I don't know what it will mean for me and my OH either-he has been so difficult for so much of this journey, not because he doesn't want to be a father, but because I believe he is emotionally quite immature (of course we all know who I blame). For example, I just know that the ph tests that I have oredered will prove he is highly acidic (and sperm need an alkaline environment to survive). Of course, I also know that it will be HUGE battle to get him to adjust his lifestyle and nutritional intake, as he "does not want to be controlled." I just don't have the fight in me to deal with him any longer. Last week, when we were away, he came down with a heavy cold and the world came out of his bottom. The first things he ditches are the Wellman Conception and his Vit C with zinc! He didn't take them for five whole days-I went ballistic. I just cannot deal with that level of complete ignorance. He exhausts me and I just don't think he is a strong person to deal with what needs to be done to achieve our success.

Sorry to rant, but feeling quite down and it's all crap, really, isn't it????!

Love to you all, and :dust::dust::dust: to us all too!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This thread is the BEST!! I love the mature women on this thread!! A breath of fresh air!! Whew!!!!!!!!! :) Sorry but the mc forums I just get ignored. Oh well. Strange.

This thread really is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I might as well use phrases like that since we're all OLD in here. :haha: There just really is something to the maturity and grace that comes with experience and years. In this group of women we've seen it all, and there is always someone ready with a :hugs: or a :gun: no matter what you need. I don't know if the distinct lack of cattiness in here is because of our age or situation (all trying for our first) or what, but I've said it before and I will believe it until I die - this is the most amazing bunch of women on the internet. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

AFM--no new news here. cramps are either the progesterone, impending period, or pregnancy--that about sums it up :dohh: OH--got an email form the new job (that i am to start Monday). He said he needed my phone # so that we can "talk about the onboarding situation". UM--situation--what situation??? I have already quit my current job--hope this is a very resolvable situation.

It's amazing any of us get through the tww at all without losing our minds completely. Congratulations on the new job - I hope the "situation" gets sorted out easily. Is it same work, new employer? (Sorry if you've said before - my ability to focus and retain info is severely compromised lately. :wacko:)

AFM-had dreadful pains in my ovaries last night, which I assume is the norethisterone. Can't wait to finish taking them on Thurs. Will be glad to be off the testo gel too-I am just so irritable and feel no affection in my real life for anything, apart from my furbabies. I think this treatment will be IT for me. They said last summer that I responded badly and the option was donor eggs. I've used DHEA since Sept to improve the quality of my eggs, and a ton of other stuff. If this doesn't work, then I am getting more and more into the mind frame, that it just wasn't meant to be. I don't know what it will mean for me and my OH either-he has been so difficult for so much of this journey, not because he doesn't want to be a father, but because I believe he is emotionally quite immature (of course we all know who I blame). For example, I just know that the ph tests that I have oredered will prove he is highly acidic (and sperm need an alkaline environment to survive). Of course, I also know that it will be HUGE battle to get him to adjust his lifestyle and nutritional intake, as he "does not want to be controlled." I just don't have the fight in me to deal with him any longer. Last week, when we were away, he came down with a heavy cold and the world came out of his bottom. The first things he ditches are the Wellman Conception and his Vit C with zinc! He didn't take them for five whole days-I went ballistic. I just cannot deal with that level of complete ignorance. He exhausts me and I just don't think he is a strong person to deal with what needs to be done to achieve our success.

Sorry to rant, but feeling quite down and it's all crap, really, isn't it????!

Rant away, any time you need to. :hugs::hugs: How much longer before you start stims? I understand your desire to just be done with all of this business. We each reach a point where we just need resolution, in whatever form we can get it... the limbo of ttc for so long is really unbearable. As for your DH, first of all :grr: and secondly :hugs:. Thirdly, and most importantly, please consider getting some counseling... infertility takes an incredible toll on every relationship. MIL being such a royal pain is a compounding factor. But there are reasons you two fell in love and got married in the first place, and those reasons are still there even if they're hard to find at the moment. Our men see how hard all this infertility sh*t is on us, they see how it's changed us, and they don't know what to make of it or how to handle it. It frightens them, and their first instinct is usually to think that if we stop ttc then she'll get better.... They're simple creatures, really, and find complicated female emotions baffling. :winkwink: But in all seriousness, the foundation of your relationship is still there. And whether this cycle works and you have a baby, or it doesn't work and you decide to live child-free, or anything in between - the next few months will be one of enormous challenges and transitions for you two, and getting the help of an outside party, someone who is supportive of your relationship, impartial, objective, well-trained and wise, can be a big relief and an enormous help. Please think about it. :hugs::hugs:

So sorry Butterfly! I know, I don't know if I said something to offend someone on the mc forums (maybe because I was trying to be strong and not completely fall apart). I had sh!t I had to get done (work, taxes, parents in town..entertain..cook for etc.) so I just needed to be strong and know that I could move forward and the sky was not falling (although I completely forgot what month it was the day they told me and did have some shock symptoms). I was told one week ago I was going to mc. I am bleeding less than I do during a period and have no cramping, just some bloating.

Dashka - Good Luck!! I hope you are pleasantly surprised with a :bfp:

OK, ladies, I am seriously wondering if I had a "vanishing twin". I know it probably sounds crazy but I have had a chemical mc before and this is nothing. (unless the fetus is just staying put and they need to do a d&c?). I took a hpt last night and it still said "pregnant" (digi). My levels obviously have not fallen enough. I will keep you all updated. I started slightly bleeding on Saturday and it's pretty much been the same since. Crazy!! Doctors definitely don't know everything though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->