TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Frolicky--- I love the quilt!!! It's soo beautiful and how special that you made it!!!

Morning all, :witch: got me this morning, I knew she was coming. So the 35 days cycle from last month has been replaced with a 25 day one this month?! It's nearer to the 26/27 I had before so happier with that. That gave me a 12 day Luteal phase, is that long enough??

Hope you all have a wonderful week, I have the day off today so will keep one eye on here for news!

#EDIT# Also is it worth purchasing the VIP membership of Fertility Friend - I like the extra features but do I pay for 90 days or a year?? Any thoughts?

Sorry LadyH about AF... Treat yourself to something nice today...
I also have had a 12 day luteal phase most months... My ND says it's fine but you don't want less than that.
Big hugs!!!

Frolicky-that quilt is absolutely beautiful. What a great idea! Have you taken a hpt? If your temps are still high, and only spotting, might be worth a shot? Fingers crossed to you! xxx

Carole-way to go on the big baby! Phewee! At least it gives you another reason for being so tired. I hope that you are just giving in to it, and taking as much rest as you need. How sad about your dog-people are so unbelieveably cruel and selfish. They will get their karmic comeuppance! xxx

Lady H-so sorry about evil hag AF's arrival. Treat yourself today and lots of pampering, and, like Emma Cannon's book says, it gives you another month to prepare for the inevitable!! No idea about FF-perhaps somebody else might be able to help? xxx

Thanks LilSluz for the support with Prince OH and the MIL. The El and Al show I call them. Three streets away, eh? What is it with sons not wanting to be too far away from their mothers??? Hope you're okay hun!? xx

Dr S, lack of manners and rudeness gets me going too. My gripes are people who don't bother to acknowedge you if you hold the door open for them, or if you wait for them to get past in the supermarket, or if you are driving and you pull in for them, and they don't wave to thank you. Grr-that really gets my goat and they generally end up with a two fingered salute from yours truly. Makes me feel better!!! :happydance::happydance:

Dashka-hope those are PG symptoms!! Fingers crossed for you! Are you going to test? Well, your reward in heaven will be very large for putting up with a LIVE IN MIL! Oh my my, you must have patience! Hope you remember to flush the toiler when she is showering too. Actually, that's one of my tricks when my OH is really getting under my skin-or to run the cold water tap when he is showering. It drives him MAD, and I go, 'Oh, I didn't realise you were in there, sweetiecums!' Ha ha!

Gosh, I'm revealing a lot about how vindictive I can be- I am actually a really nice person, honest!! :winkwink::winkwink:

Ipenn-OMG, with your FIL!!! Whatever next? xx

Purple-where are you? Any news???? Hope you're okay hun! Thinking of you!

Right, for those MIA-Missy, FM, Butterfly, Never, Luv, Manuiti, NS, Twinkle, PennyB, and anybody else I may have missed-a big :hi::hi::hi: to all you lovely ladies!

AFM-my ovaries are feeling really tender these days. Probably cos of the delayed period that's building up... although, biologically, can that be the case? Off the pills on Thursday-:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Dwrgi - No, I was on a mc forum. Sometimes it can take 7-10 days. I am calling the doctor today to give them an update and they will probably have me come in. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms. I just think it's taking a while. If I end up being pregnant it would have been due to a vanishing twin though. I have heard that HCG levels can fall if you have a vanishing twin. Who knows! I have doubts though and it would make me really nervous since I have been drinking wine (at most two glasses a day, but still). In addition, I think I would be scared with such low numbers that the baby would not be healthy.

Glad to hear your off the pills soon!! :hugs:

Carole - So happy things are going well for you and the little one!! How exciting!

Dwrgi - No, I was on a mc forum. Sometimes it can take 7-10 days. I am calling the doctor today to give them an update and they will probably have me come in. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms. I just think it's taking a while. If I end up being pregnant it would have been due to a vanishing twin though. I have heard that HCG levels can fall if you have a vanishing twin. Who knows! I have doubts though and it would make me really nervous since I have been drinking wine (at most two glasses a day, but still). In addition, I think I would be scared with such low numbers that the baby would not be healthy.

Sorry Frolicky, I was having a DOH! moment, as it clearly explains in your signature where you are at. So sorry. Better luck next time!
:kiss::kiss:

Sorry Frolicky, I was having a DOH! moment, as it clearly explains in your signature where you are at. So sorry. Better luck next time!

No worries. Did your mc take a while to start?

Can I ask you ladies for some advice? Do you :sex: every day or every other day during your window? I was told every other day b/c it can hurt the :spermy: count if every day?

Also, do you raise your butts up in the air for 30 mins after BD, or -?

I'm coming up on ov & want to do things right this cycle (for once). Already warned DH there will be no excuses or slacking in the BD dept. this month or I'm sending him to go man-tests & we're going to see fert. spec! (BD was often every 3 days due to various excuses). I think that should do it :haha:

Thank you!!!! :hugs:

I had a slight backache, and was sent for a scan. I was very early on, so nobody expected to see a HB. Then, that afternoon, I started to bleed, and it stopped. I was given blood tests every two days which showed that hcg levels were rising but not doubling, so they said it was an 'unviable pregnancy'. Then, over the course of a weekend, the hcg numbers shot up, but I subsequently had another bleed. This carried on, off and on, for about a month (with the most horrendous pain imaginable with every bleed-hospital refused to admit me, as I would ring the relevant ward every time, with the pain being so bad I could barely talk at times. Oh they were great!) and this culminated in being rushed to A&E one Friday night when I could barely walk, had the worst pain ever in my left side, and I was bleeding profusely. Although the NHS doctors refused to confirm it, my GP suspected that I had an ectopic pregnancy. I then had the swine flu, which meant I was off sick in total for six weeks. I then received letter from my employers asking me for an appointment to discuss my absence record. It was THE worst time of my life, ever.

That was my experince-I don't know if that helps you! It helped me get it all off my chest, though!! I hope that they keep a close eye on you, and that the spotting stops soon. I know that it can take a while. Hang on in there hun! :hugs:

Can I ask you ladies for some advice? Do you :sex: every day or every other day during your window? I was told every other day b/c it can hurt the :spermy: count if every day?

I'm coming up on ov & want to do things right this cycle (for once). Already warned DH there will be no excuses or slacking in the BD dept. this month or I'm sending him to go man-tests & we're going to see fert. spec! (BD was often every 3 days due to various excuses). I think that should do it :haha:

Every other day, for exactly that reason. But it is a good idea to make sure you start baby making :sex: a few times before your fertile window, to make sure you have enough swimmers up there (TMI!). I have heard of people who do stick their butts in the air, but I have read somewhere that it doesn't really make much difference. Whatever floats your boat really! Good luck, and glad you've told DH what's what! :hugs:

I had a slight backache, and was sent for a scan. I was very early on, so nobody expected to see a HB. Then, that afternoon, I started to bleed, and it stopped. I was given blood tests every two days which showed that hcg levels were rising but not doubling, so they said it was an 'unviable pregnancy'. Then, over the course of a weekend, the hcg numbers shot up, but I subsequently had another bleed. This carried on, off and on, for about a month (with the most horrendous pain imaginable with every bleed-hospital refused to admit me, as I would ring the relevant ward every time, with the pain being so bad I could barely talk at times. Oh they were great!) and this culminated in being rushed to A&E one Friday night when I could barely walk, had the worst pain ever in my left side, and I was bleeding profusely. Although the NHS doctors refused to confirm it, my GP suspected that I had an ectopic pregnancy. I then had the swine flu, which meant I was off sick in total for six weeks. I then received letter from my employers asking me for an appointment to discuss my absence record. It was THE worst time of my life, ever.

That was my experince-I don't know if that helps you! It helped me get it all off my chest, though!! I hope that they keep a close eye on you, and that the spotting stops soon. I know that it can take a while. Hang on in there hun! :hugs:

So sorry you had to go through that! Your doctors don't sound very compassionate. I am not sure why it seeems with mc the doctors are very cold about it. Maybe because it's so common? In any case. I don't have any symptoms. I've had a chemical before and had the backache and bleeding and pain. I don't have anything now. I am just bloated and spotting a little here and there. I guess it just takes a while? Hopefully the doctor's office will call so I can go in for another blood test and possibly scan if needed. I don't want to hold out hope for a misdiagnosed mc but I have to admit I am in a very limbo place right now. Levels started to drop a week and a half ago and on Tuesday when they checked they had gone down again. It's been almost a week. Well, at least I don't have any physical pain, just emotionally and mentally a bit much.:sadangel: This icon makes me laugh at myself for some reason. I guess because it's a bit pathetic. Lol! At least I still have a sense of humor about it sorta.

Hola all

I was right - the witch is here! At least it was 30 days this time & not 14 like last time!

Dr Squid hope your eye is ok

LilSluz - I do try & do half an hour with my bum on a couple of pillows & then half an hour on my stomach (Mommy's Angel who used to be on this thread said she did that when she got her BFP) - to be honest it's partly just nice to get some time to chill!!

Frolicky - the quilt is beautiful - you're very talented!

Dwrgi - sorry you had such an awful experience - big cuddles xx

Purple - keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

Hey everyone else - sorry i haven't got chance to reply to all - got to get back to work x

So sorry you had to go through that! Your doctors don't sound very compassionate. I am not sure why it seeems with mc the doctors are very cold about it. Maybe because it's so common? In any case. I don't have any symptoms. I've had a chemical before and had the backache and bleeding and pain. I don't have anything now. I am just bloated and spotting a little here and there. I guess it just takes a while? Hopefully the doctor's office will call so I can go in for another blood test and possibly scan if needed. I don't want to hold out hope for a misdiagnosed mc but I have to admit I am in a very limbo place right now. Levels started to drop a week and a half ago and on Tuesday when they checked they had gone down again. It's been almost a week. Well, at least I don't have any physical pain, just emotionally and mentally a bit much.:sadangel: This icon makes me laugh at myself for some reason. I guess because it's a bit pathetic. Lol! At least I still have a sense of humor about it sorta.

It's a dreadful place to be in, you would rather know one way or another. Hopefully the docs will call and you can go and get tested-could you take the bull by the horns and ring them? At least you'd feel as if you were doing something? I know that some mcs can take a while, so hang on in there.

I love that emoticon-so funny! I'm glad that you have retained your sense of humour. It's one of the few things that can keep us going! BIg :hugs: to you!

OH yes, my hospital had a stinking letter with the word 'negligent' thrown in a few times. They were at pains to see me and my OH and apologised unreservedly. Cheaper than a law suit. :haha:

Asry-I didn't mention you in my previous despatches. So sorry hun. Hope you're okay?

Lots of love to you all,
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hola all

I was right - the witch is here! At least it was 30 days this time & not 14 like last time!

LilSluz - I do try & do half an hour with my bum on a couple of pillows & then half an hour on my stomach (Mommy's Angel who used to be on this thread said she did that when she got her BFP) - to be honest it's partly just nice to get some time to chill!!

Hey everyone else - sorry i haven't got chance to reply to all - got to get back to work x

Thanks. I need to get to work too. I am completely distracted though. Worthless worker lately. The lack of productivity is shameful.

Every other day is sufficient, and if there are any issues at all with the swimmers, every day could in fact be detrimental.

Our first two pregnancies were achieved on our own, with no legs up the wall, no bum in the air, no special position, no soft cups, no temping, no charting, no OPKs, no progesterone, no baby aspirin, no nothing. My cycles are regular so I knew roughly what week of each cycle I would ovulate in. I made sure we had sex every other day in that week, and we got pregnant within two months of trying, twice.

At our first appt with our RE (for recurrent miscarriage issues), we asked every question under the sun about this. He said absolutely none of it was necessary. Temping and charting only shows ovulation after the fact (though it certainly can be helpful for identifying patterns). Within seconds after ejaculation, no matter what position you're in, every sperm that is going to make it up the cervix is already there. You on top, him on top, doggy style, legs up the wall, bum on a pillow - none of it matters. Softcups may help prevent a mess but they don't actually increase pregnancy rates. Semen liquifies about 30 min after ejaculation... you lay there and cuddle a while after you're done and you get up and it runs down your leg - that's just because it's liquified - all the sperm are not escaping.

He also told us to go home, use OPKs, make sure to have sex on the day of the first positive OPK (and call that day 0dpo), skip the next day (1dpo), have sex again the next day (2dpo), then test on 14 dpo.

Honestly, the only thing necessary to get pregnant is knowing when ovulation is ABOUT to happen (knowing it's already happened is too late - the sperm have to be up there before the egg is released) and having sex every 48 hours. Unless you have irregular cycles or other known medical issues, everything else about the ttc business is just that - a business, designed to make us spend our money, go insane and convince us we're doing something wrong when in fact it just takes time and a tremendous amount of perseverance and good fortune, that the right healthy sperm meets the right healthy egg at the right time and implants in the right spot.

That said, definitely push him on the man testing... if his swimmers aren't up to the job, all of the above is a waste of time anyway....

Hola all

Thanks. I need to get to work too. I am completely distracted though. Worthless worker lately. The lack of productivity is shameful.

Tell me about it! I've taught two lessons, photocopied some stuff, and farted around on here. The final bell will go in ten minutes so then I can go home and fart around some more! I think it's called a by-product of TTC!!! I am also just back from half term, so 'easing' myself in gradually!!
:haha::haha:

Morning all, :witch: got me this morning, I knew she was coming. So the 35 days cycle from last month has been replaced with a 25 day one this month?! It's nearer to the 26/27 I had before so happier with that. That gave me a 12 day Luteal phase, is that long enough??

Hope you all have a wonderful week, I have the day off today so will keep one eye on here for news!

#EDIT# Also is it worth purchasing the VIP membership of Fertility Friend - I like the extra features but do I pay for 90 days or a year?? Any thoughts?

so soory about AF - bah!!

as for FF VIP, I have been buying it in 90 day packages - I think it works out something like £8-10 or similar, I liked to get the coloured boxes etc (but then I am a numpty!!) so you can probably make do without an be just as happy :D

so soory about AF - bah!!

as for FF VIP, I have been buying it in 90 day packages - I think it works out something like £8-10 or similar, I liked to get the coloured boxes etc (but then I am a numpty!!) so you can probably make do without an be just as happy :D

Any news Purps? xx

I finished the baby quilt last night. The stitching is meditative and peaceful. The nursery will be a "Tree" theme since our family tree is unique. :sadangel: (this icon made me laugh at myself)

Oh My!! - That quilt is beautiful!! you have a real talent there!

Dwrgi - That article was so interesting - and what a cute baby she ended up with! I had to laugh at some of the comments underneath (I always laugh at those) some people just post about crap....makes me wonder why they even bother in the first place!

Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do and I know I'm going to miss a few of you so sorry!

Purple, I do hope this is the one for you. I'm super excited and send positive vibes your way!

LadyH, poo for AF showing up. Witch!

iPenn, your neices are adorable!

LilSluz, that is so cute about your DH doing your hair. I know mine would be a total mess. I'm glad you've recovered from all that. What a lot to go through. And I love the icon that gives the finger. LOL.

frolicky, what a beautiful quilt!

dwrgi, I'm your ovaries are feeling better today. The things we go through. And I know what you mean about your MIL and the little prince. Luckily its not like that with DH but it was with my ex. His mom thought he could no wrong and he'd cry to her about everything. One day I was so mad I told him its time he got off the tit! He was devastated I said that. LOL.

dashka, :flower:

Asry, :hugs:

HA, believe me, I do know how you feel in this TWW and shoving the proestrogen up your crotch. It sucks and I hated it. :hugs:

Twinks and Carole, :hi:

AFM, I'm in a better mood and DH and I made up. He apologized and I'm ready to start fresh again. I don't know what was up with everyone's DH's last week and our crappy moods but I'm glad its gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->