TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

HA - OMG, I love :gun: Hahahahahaha!!! I hope your transfers went well and things look good!! You 'freaking' deserve it!!!! :hugs:

AFM, I'm sorry I haven't been around much in the last week or so. This IVF tww has been horrendous and though I've been lurking and reading everything in here (I can't quit here, ever. Ever.), I have been too wrapped up in my own drama to be able to support any of you and for that, I sincerely apologize.

Froliky and Butterfly are in a terrible wait now, and the downside of our age group is that too many of us in here know what that feels like. I wish neither of you had to go through this. I wish none of us ever did.

I really feel badly about having good news to share when you two are going through this, and with my history it's hard for me to feel "good" about my own good news at this point anyway, so those of you who want to read about it can find it in my journal - no need to go in to details here.

I love you ladies. I really do. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

OK, ladies, I am seriously wondering if I had a "vanishing twin". I know it probably sounds crazy but I have had a chemical mc before and this is nothing. (unless the fetus is just staying put and they need to do a d&c?). I took a hpt last night and it still said "pregnant" (digi). My levels obviously have not fallen enough. I will keep you all updated. I started slightly bleeding on Saturday and it's pretty much been the same since. Crazy!! Doctors definitely don't know everything though.

Are they checking and following your betas at all? With my natural mc (my first, at 12 weeks) they had me get a beta done weekly until it was down to zero, to make sure there was no retained tissue. If the bleeding hasn't picked up any, I'd go back and ask for betas... here in the US (I don't know where you are...) they usually don't like to let you wait more than a week or two because they don't like to risk infection. And if you have had it with the waiting emotionally, then by all means go back and ask for anything you need. The process is so hard emotionally that you deserve whatever it takes to make it easier on you.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

HA - I read your journal. I commented in it too I believe!! You do deserve a :bfp: and don't think anything different!!!!!!!! I am toasting to a :bfp: with my coffeee!!! Cheers!!!!!!! :hugs: Sorry for your drama. I know how that can feel. It's no fun!! However, I said it earlier (twice now) and will say it again....YOU SOOO DESERVE A :bfp:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, ladies, I am seriously wondering if I had a "vanishing twin". I know it probably sounds crazy but I have had a chemical mc before and this is nothing. (unless the fetus is just staying put and they need to do a d&c?). I took a hpt last night and it still said "pregnant" (digi). My levels obviously have not fallen enough. I will keep you all updated. I started slightly bleeding on Saturday and it's pretty much been the same since. Crazy!! Doctors definitely don't know everything though.

Are they checking and following your betas at all? With my natural mc (my first, at 12 weeks) they had me get a beta done weekly until it was down to zero, to make sure there was no retained tissue. If the bleeding hasn't picked up any, I'd go back and ask for betas... here in the US (I don't know where you are...) they usually don't like to let you wait more than a week or two because they don't like to risk infection. And if you have had it with the waiting emotionally, then by all means go back and ask for anything you need. The process is so hard emotionally that you deserve whatever it takes to make it easier on you.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yeah, I called yesterday so they are having me come in this morning. Doctor predicted I would go before the weekend based upon my HCG numbers last Tuesday. I was barely 5.5 weeks pregnant last Tuesday. I had a beta on the 10th too and my HCG was 200 and progesterone was 18 (low for 5 weeks pregnant). Waiting does make you a bit :wacko: Ugh.:coffee:

OMG - I miss 1 day & I miss everything! Let's see if I can catch up...

Purple - CONGRATS to you!!!! I was cautious before "just in case" that ever-so-slight line wasn't but now: :happydance::happydance::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::loopy::loopy::loopy:
So, so, so happy for you - you give us all hope!!!! Much love coming yoru way for a sticky lil bean! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi - I am sorry that your DH is being a man. I think that about sums it up! (and sorry to dh's who play the game and are helpful xx) and big :hugs: for you xx
I think HA's suggestion of counselling sounds good, if you think it's for you, Im thinking of you xxxx

HA - I've mooched over to your journal and let me say... firstly we all love you too!! (I am confident I am not speaking out of turn when I say this) and secondly, never feel badly for good news! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

HA - OMG I just peaked at the journal - you deserve a BIG Congrats!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

:hugs:

So sorry Butterfly! I know, I don't know if I said something to offend someone on the mc forums (maybe because I was trying to be strong and not completely fall apart). I had sh!t I had to get done (work, taxes, parents in town..entertain..cook for etc.) so I just needed to be strong and know that I could move forward and the sky was not falling (although I completely forgot what month it was the day they told me and did have some shock symptoms). I was told one week ago I was going to mc. I am bleeding less than I do during a period and have no cramping, just some bloating.

Dashka - Good Luck!! I hope you are pleasantly surprised with a :bfp:

Froliky, I'm sorry if I missed this but did they do an ultrasound? If not then I know with mine I have read (ok on Dr Google) that the beta levels keep going up with a BO as the body still thinks you are pg. I didn't have any betas done so am in the opposite situation. :hugs::hugs:

AFM, I'm sorry I haven't been around much in the last week or so. This IVF tww has been horrendous and though I've been lurking and reading everything in here (I can't quit here, ever. Ever.), I have been too wrapped up in my own drama to be able to support any of you and for that, I sincerely apologize.

Froliky and Butterfly are in a terrible wait now, and the downside of our age group is that too many of us in here know what that feels like. I wish neither of you had to go through this. I wish none of us ever did.

I really feel badly about having good news to share when you two are going through this, and with my history it's hard for me to feel "good" about my own good news at this point anyway, so those of you who want to read about it can find it in my journal - no need to go in to details here.

I love you ladies. I really do. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

HA please post your good news here, good news is always welcome (especially to those who really deserve it :hugs:) and I for one am celebrating for you :happydance: (although I know it is early days but these things must be celebrated :thumbup:) :hugs::hugs::hugs::flower:

Now, my happiness turns to sadness as I address the MC's.

Butterfly - OMG I am so, so, so sorry for your loss! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I don't even know what else to say except I am literally sitting here tearing up for you. Sending you majorly big :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: darlin.

I'm so sorry :sad2:

Butterfly - My numbers went down not up. I don't have any cramping. I feel bloated (like retaining water). Bleeding less than a period. They did an us and just saw a little beany in there (but I was barely 5.5 weeks along). My digi said "pregnant" last night so numbers are still too high. I go in today for beta again. I think because based upon my numbers the doctor said "you will go before the weekend" most likely and now it's Tuesday. The body is still an enigma in many ways.

Dwrgi – that’s just AWFUL what you went thru w/MC! Gosh, if it was ectopic, you could have died, those damn Drs! ;-( Just wanted to tell you I felt your pain from your email! I had something bad happen w/my 12.5-wk MC too (why I can feel your pain)…

Frolicky – I had to wait for my 7 wk MC. I had just started TTC & got BFP only to be told a few days later had low HCG. Then every 3 days, wasn’t doubling or even close. Still held out hope, but knew I was done so the waiting began – waiting to miscarry is grueling. It can take weeks (I had blighted ovum) so I just prayed it would happen fast. It finally came at 7 wks & was like a really, really terrible period. Mine came w/horrible back pain - I was only 3 months from my last 2 back surg’s.

But, the disappearing twin thing happened to my sister. She said she knew when I told her I had low HCG that something was up (but didn’t want to say). Her boy ended up absorbing the other twin & he is now a healthy 12-year old cutie.

I don’t want to give you false hope – just the truth. I think her numbers went down for a while, but then climbed back up into healthy range & I think they could also see at one point, the twin/what was happening.

My Dr. told me if it didn't happen "soon", they'd somehow "bring it on" so maybe if it doesn't happens soon (& #'s are impossible) they can do something like that for you?

Gosh, I have such heartache for you guys in the "waiting to mc" :cry::cry::cry::cry: You guys seem to be taking it well. Grrrr, life can be so cruel sometimes! Please do something nice for yourselves :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm so happy & so sad today I don't know how to feel!? Well, I gotta get to work but wanted to make just a few comments regarding what is prob ancient history (yesterday) at this point:

Dwrgi, Twinkle, Purple & HA – Thank you for the advice! You never know what to believe when you hear things different ways. I have tried w/o bum-raise & w/bum raise & it does seem that less comes out. I guess I’ll do that “if there’s time”, maybe. Can’t hurt…

Purple – my DH’s brother is called "the prodigal son" so we know that feeling too! :haha: :winkwink:

HA – Thank you for so much info – I saved it in my “BNB Tips” folder ;). He got tested 3 or so yrs ago & was totally fine, but now he’s 42.5 & he smokes (I quit >1yr ago) so I’m worried things could change fast. If it doesn’t happen this cycle, we are going to a fert. Dr. – just for all the tests at least… Thanks again! Your post made me laugh, too, I must say!

Missy – so glad you are feeling better & you & DH made up! Yeah, I think the crap-storm is over for all of us, too – whew!

Dashka - let us know about today - GL!

:hi::hi::hi::hi: Everyone else! I am thinking about you guys today!

LilSluz - Thanks. Yeah, we did not see a second bean and my numbers were low (probably lower than your sisters & that is why they did not jump to diagnosing a mc for her). I was just hoping that after a week I would be further along in the process physically and the lack of progress is baffling. However, I know some women wait quite a while. If nothing happens soon, I hope doctor recommends something safe and effective to get this moving along. Dead tissue in the uterus can not be good. Sorry for your loss and Dwrgi's. :hugs:

Butterfly - My numbers went down not up. I don't have any cramping. I feel bloated (like retaining water). Bleeding less than a period. They did an us and just saw a little beany in there (but I was barely 5.5 weeks along). My digi said "pregnant" last night so numbers are still too high. I go in today for beta again. I think because based upon my numbers the doctor said "you will go before the weekend" most likely and now it's Tuesday. The body is still an enigma in many ways.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Frliky, sorry I am not really with it :wacko:. I really hope you get some proper answers soon as the limbo is really cr4p :flower:

Frolicky – I had to wait for my 7 wk MC. I had just started TTC & got BFP only to be told a few days later had low HCG. Then every 3 days, wasn’t doubling or even close. Still held out hope, but knew I was done so the waiting began – waiting to miscarry is grueling. It can take weeks (I had blighted ovum) so I just prayed it would happen fast. It finally came at 7 wks & was like a really, really terrible period. Mine came w/horrible back pain - I was only 3 months from my last 2 back surg’s.

My Dr. told me if it didn't happen "soon", they'd somehow "bring it on" so maybe if it doesn't happens soon (& #'s are impossible) they can do something like that for you?

Gosh, I have such heartache for you guys in the "waiting to mc" :cry::cry::cry::cry: You guys seem to be taking it well. Grrrr, life can be so cruel sometimes! Please do something nice for yourselves :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: lilSluz. I had bad back pain a few days ago before the spotting and cramping but I also had a back op a few years ago and it was exactly the same pain as I get from that sometimes so I didn't link it when maybe I should have :shrug:

I have also heard that there are some (quite horrible) drugs that can kick things off :thumbup:

I guess it will hit harder when it actually happens - at the moment the only thing that is different is the knowledge I have :nope: :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Tigerlily, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.

dwrgi, I know how you feel about DH. I've struggled with mine between smoking, diet, drinking soda, coffee and alcohol, taking supplements, etc. It takes a huge toll on the relationship when you know you are doing everything you can and giving 100% and you see that they aren't. Its just not fair.

HA, I need to pop over to your journal but things sound positive. And you definately should have some good news.

AFM, not much going on here. SS came home last night after his weekend with DH's family. He was throwing up again. I just know his mother ruined his immune system with her overttreatment of antibiotics and unhealthy eating habits at their house. I just feel so helpless because my hands are tied. I feed him well and make sure he gets good nutrition at our house but its all for nothing when he goes back home. And I got an email forwarded me from old an coworker/friend that one of our old coworkers just had a baby with his wife. It makes me sad because they hadn't even been together as long as me and DH and already had a baby. I wish I never got that email.

oh missy - big :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: for you, just because you sound like you need them!

Thanks, purple. I decided not to let it get to me and believe it will happen for me in its right time.

dwrgi and caroleb, thanks for recommending the Baby Making Bible by Emma Cannon. I love the book. Its right up my alley and so inspirational. I needed that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->